PDA

View Full Version : [Voting] Literature of the week #5

Gir
Feb 9th '16, 12:12 AM
Literature of the week

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time to vote for your favorite entry our contestants made on the theme:
"Things I do for Love"

Remember, you can only vote for one entry so choose wisely.

The criteria on which you should probably judge the entries are:

Creativity
Originality
Impact on the reader (yourself)

Entry#1
Oh the things I do for love. She just doesnt quite understand how dearly I care for her, and Im not quite sure how. The vibrant red roses I sent I sent must have gotten her attention. The tag reading, Beautiful flowers for a beautiful woman, must have done something for her, but yet my love did not seem to even acknowledge them. They must have been stolen from her doorstep! There is no way she would ever be so rude as to just take them and not thank me, right? Well to be sure, I strolled across the street, from mine to hers. I had just watched her pull into her garage from my window, so I know my darling is waiting inside. I give her door 3 loud knocks, to make sure she heard, and stood waiting with my box of chocolates. She must be hard of hearing, thats it! I knocked a bit louder this time, until the door finally opened. She must have been in a hurry, because the conversation didnt last nearly as long as I had hoped, but she still smiled and took the chocolates.

I hoped our next conversation would be a bit longer, but it never happened. I waited until the next day to call her home number, which I obtained through the phone book. She seemed a touch surprised when I started to talk, and seemed a bit eager to end the conversation. I called the following day, asking if she would accompany me to dinner as my date, but she never called back to say yes or no. I tried a few more times, but to no avail. I waited in her driveway and confronted her, asking if she had received my messages, but out of nowhere she screamed at me to leave her alone. After all the things I had given her, all the wonderfully sweet voice messages I left, this is how I get treated? The most disgusting part of it is she threatened to call the police if I didnt leave! I know she doesnt mean it, but it still hurts.

Weeks had passed, and I had all but given up. I rarely see her come in or out anymore, I called her office, and was told she works nights now for some reason. I called a few more times, left some very romantic letters even, however all she did to repay me was a court notice in the mail? For a damn restraining order no less, who does she think she is? Does she not understand how much I love her, what I would be willing to do for her? I decided to give it one last attempt, before giving up on my one true love. I walked across the street a little before she shift ended, early in the morning. All of her doors were locked, but I managed to get in through a back window, and waited to surprise my darling in her bedroom. I felt anxious the whole time, the thought of us finally being together. By the time I heard her car pool in it took nearly everything I had to stop from charging out of the bedroom and embracing her, but I waited. By the time she finally came to meet me, she tried to turn around and flee. I couldnt understand it, how dare she try, after all the months of effort I had put into dating her, she still rejects me? Well, lucky for me she doesnt anymore. Things changed after I left the house, with her in my arms.

She doesnt resist me anymore, and is always so polite and quiet. She has me carry her from room to room now, but I dont mind. I love caring for her, bathing her, brushing her long thick hair, even doing her makeup for her isnt too difficult now. In the bedroom, I have to do most of the work, however thats how Ive always liked it. Im just happy that she will never try to leave me again.

Entry#2
Mind absorbed by his thoughts, Vathar didnt realize that his feet brought him in front of the tall wooden door. Your prisoner has been brought to the interrogation room to be questioned by the High Executor. Rage flooded inside him since the moment he heard those words but his face was a stone mask, devoid of feelings as he walked in.

His eyes were caught by the female figure in the middle of the room. Her body was bruised and she was bleeding. Down on her knees, her hands chained from the ceiling with a long chain, the only thing that seemed to hold her from completely falling down.

-Oh Executor. Congratulations on your mission. A valuable acquisition, the Emperor would be very pleased. She appears unwilling to speak though and you cant say that I didnt try.

-She was not to be harmed.

-What??? Shes an enemy of the Empire. High Executor frowned in an attempt of a smile. Dont tell me you still have feelings for heror any feelings at all?

-No, but I was to deal with her. Release her, he snapped at a soldier, and leave us alone.

High Executor studied his face for a short moment for the slightest sentiment that would give away his thoughts but he was cold, bereft any feelings as always.

-Do as he says, he concluded.

As soon as the soldiers left the room he opened his mouth to speak but he spat blood before he could say anything. Vathars sword had penetrated deep above his stomach. She was not to be harmed, he whispered and when their eyes met, High Executor saw for the first time a flame burning inside them. Rage, anger, fear and maybe even love appeared on those cold grey eyes he always thought to be dead of any feelings.

He took out his cape and covered her ravaged body as he took her in his arms. He held her steady as he walked down the secret passage of the castle.

-It wasnt supposed to be like thatYou and meI am sorry. His voice was a gentle whisper.

- You left and then I changed. I never meant to hurt youI love you, you know that right? How can you not? After all those years I still remember your smile, the smell of your hair, the sun in your eyes. You were my whole world. My strengthand then you left. Everything that was good in me died the day you disappeared. I had nothing. I had to turn somewhere

-I just wanted to be free, she whispered in a weak voice.

-Free?

-The war, all this pain, all those responsibilities. I wanted to live a life of my own. Make my own choices.

-Freedom yes. And power. I thought if I had enough power I could be free, so I did things, despicable things. But we can never be truly free on this world. Not as it is. Everything will change now. You and IWe are the same. One. You complete me. I am the piece thats missing. Together well be free, I promise. All who stands in our way, I will erase them. The Empire, the Legion, the Rebellion. All the things that can hurt us, I shall wipe them away from this world.

-You live in a dream, where the past is still living, beautiful and forgiven. I am not that girl anymore and you can never become the boy I used to love again.

-But.but I love you. I love you, Rain, with all my heart.

-Oh Vathar, you have no heart. Not anymore.

Entry#3
Luca had run for several miles without stopping, but he wasnt tired in the slightest. The Angels, usurpers of God, had got to him earlier in the day he was hunting. They conducted their experiments on him, like they had done to so many before them. A new creation is what they wanted. A creation that could act as their bodyguards. But Luca managed to escape. The experiments had left him with increased strength and speed, so much so that none of the observers or guards could stand up to him. All of them were slaughtered.
His wife and daughter, Ana and Clara, had been waiting for hours for him to return home. He always came back before the sun went down, but that was several hours ago now. Ana knew something was wrong. They saw someone closing in on their home, but they couldnt hear him until his feet hit the porch. Luca burst through the door in full panic. His eyes wide, Ana could see fear on his face.
Honey, whats going on? she asked.
The Angels, he said. They got to me while I was hunting. We have to leave immediately.
Luca started frantically moving about the house. Ana walked up to him and grabbed him by the arms.
What did they do to you? she asked.
I dont know
Clara, just a child, walked up to him and grabbed a hold of his hand. She looked up towards him with teary eyes. She was scared, and with her father being equally frightened, she couldnt help but cry. Luca calmed down to ease his daughters mind.
Everything will be alright, he told her. Go pack your things.

Around ten minutes later, they were all packed. Ana and Luca had discussed where they should go. They decided to go to Cluj-Napoca, the capital city of Transylvania. They could hide among the people.
Luca and his family took one moment to look around their home, to take it all in. They sat down to hold each other. Luca in the middle, with the women that made his life at each side. He loved them so much.
Thats when he heard it. Like his head was in a river, he could hear the water streaming by his ears. He leaned back and shook his head.
Whats wrong? said Ana.
Daddy, your eyes, said Clara.
Luca could smell his wife and child like he never had before.
I. Somethings happening, he said while shaking his head. I can hear your hearts beating.
His vision became tinted with red. Then all sound left him. He fell unconscious.

After a while, Luca came to.
Ana, what happened? he asked.
He tried standing up. His hand felt something wet, but he couldnt tell what it was.. He got up on his knees and turned around. Clara and Ana were on the ground, surrounded in a pool of blood. Luca couldnt believe what he was seeing. He shuffled closer to them and grazed his hand across Anas face. It was real, he realized. At parts of their bodies, their flesh was torn completely off. Luca started screaming, not caring that the Angels might hear him. His tears ran down his face. He pulled them closer to him. As he did, Claras head almost fell off, only hanging on by a string of skin. Luca threw himself back in shock. He started vomiting. As he looked down on it, it was all red, and filled with pieces of flesh.
I did this? he said to himself. He leaned backwards and started screaming again, scratching his face maniacally. He couldnt bear the thought that he had killed his family. No, consumed them.
He went and found himself a rope. He threw it over the structural beam of the house and tied it. He stood up on a chair, then made a noose at the end of the rope. He wrapped it around his neck, then without any hesitation, he stepped off the chair. But nothing happened. The small leap didnt break his neck, nor did he need to breathe. He just swung back and forth. Becoming crazier by the minute, he got back on the chair, untied the noose, and found one of his hunting rifles. He stuck it in his mouth and pulled the trigger. His brains and skull fragments plastered the walls.
He woke up a few hours later. Everything was still the same, and his head was fine. Nothing could kill him. He started feeling that sensation again. Everything became red. The first vampire was born, and he would live with this memory for countless centuries. It would be his punishment.

Entry#4
He left the room and went to the bathroom. His hands were wet and dirty, he needed to wash them. On his way back to the room he picked up some towels and bags to clean up the mess they made.

As he entered the room, she was still laying down. "Why did you take so long? We aren't done yet" she said. "Had to pick up some towels to clean it up. Lets go then, lets pickup where we left", he answered.

She got on all four while he got behind her. She grunted with all the effort she was making. "You need some help?", he questioned. "Yeah, it's stuck deep inside, you have to pull it out, I can't...". He grabbed the big cylindrical object inside of her and with a firm, slow pull, he got it out. Blood came from her hole and it squirmed all over him. "The things I do for love", he sighed.

"Phew, such a relief. I had a really hard time pulling that out, thanks. Now, lets saw the other parts of the body so we cab put it in the bags, then we will clean the blood", she said while they were bending over the dead body of the girl she killed.

Entry#5
if i owned the carpet of silver sparkles on velvet cloth that strecthes far and wide,
if i owned the large trinket of gold that shines in the light blue ocean,
if i owned the shiny diamonds on the dewy grass,
if i owned the giant pearl in this well,
if i owned the tapestry of many colours red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet,
if i owned the crimsons,
if i owned all things wonderful and beautiful,
I'd give it all away,
only for a smile
only to remove a frown
From your face.

If anyone notices anything wrong (Technical issues, not mental state of contestants. We do not judge.) send me a PM about it and I'll see what I can do about it.

Nekomamushi
Feb 9th '16, 12:14 AM
Sweeeet. Will read tomorrow.

Gir
Feb 9th '16, 12:15 AM
Bonus Question: What do you guys think of a "Special" edition of the contest where entry phase would last a month or so and you'd have no limit on the amount of words?

I would probably run this somewhere in summer if i get a positive response.

Rewards would be quadrupled as well.

Nekomamushi
Feb 9th '16, 12:17 AM
Bonus Question: What do you guys think of a "Special" edition of the contest where entry phase would last a month or so and you'd have no limit on the amount of words?

I like it, but it all depends on whether or not people will commit, and if people will read it all.

Stein
Feb 9th '16, 12:24 AM

Naaah personally what I like about this contest is that it's about short stories. If I were to write a long one i wouldn't do it on OPB.
Gir you forgot to make the poll public again :failfish:

Joseph Joestar
Feb 9th '16, 12:41 AM

:hmm sounds pretty kickass for sure

Overhaul
Feb 9th '16, 12:50 AM

I'd join it, that's for sure. But it would be hard if a lot of contestants joined an made huge walls of text.

FireAngeL
Feb 9th '16, 07:36 AM
This is the One&Last Theme for a Literature I really wanted to participate but the time is passed. :thumbsdown:

Stein
Feb 9th '16, 10:21 AM
Glad to see that the level is returning to the previous point.

#1 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) was creepy! It definitely gave off the creepy feeling of a stalker haunting his victim. Call me crazy but the only idea I had was one like this, but with a woman being the culprit just to be original. Not that well written though, felt a little rushed. Could have been the best.

#2 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) This one was preeetty good! Our hero Vathar, really loves Rain imo, or at least he still wants her. But right now, all he is is a human weapon, and so he gets rejected. Nice, deeper than the other stories. Some good writing and world building too.

#3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) I was getting hyped about possible Nephelim story after the first few sentences but then it dissolved into a run of the mill vampire story? Cmon, writer of #3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) , you could have something good there!

#4 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4) This one was very smartly written! Not so well written but definitely very smartly written. I was half-laughing through the whole of it and when the punchline came I was like "Well played, very well played". I didn't mind that it was short, it felt just about the right size.

#5 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=5) This one was my least favorite tbh. It reminded me of programming when I saw that. Even some code I have written didn't have so many ifs. Sweet and cute, but dem ifs, too many.

So overall, I think the competition is good enough this time and I wish I had participated too. Giving my vote to #2 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) .

Aertes
Feb 9th '16, 01:17 PM
#1 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) Creepy, dude is creepy. Original idea but I would like more intensity on the stalker's character and the writing could be better.
#3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) Nice story, well written for the most part but I feel like it went a bit off topic imo.
#4 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4) :purr I knew were this was going from the start but still :purr :purr :purr Nice story, smart written.
Not sure what to vote now...:face:

I would definitely be in. Will the "special edition" have a given theme too??:hmm

Gir
Feb 9th '16, 01:28 PM
#1 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) Creepy, dude is creepy. Original idea but I would like more intensity on the stalker's character and the writing could be better.
#3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) Nice story, well written for the most part but I feel like it went a bit off topic imo.
#4 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4) :purr I knew were this was going from the start but still :purr :purr :purr Nice story, smart written.

I would definitely be in. Will the "special edition" have a given theme too??:hmm

I think it should have a theme. Otherwise it would be all over the place.
I'm not entirely sure what it should be though. :hmm

Nekomamushi
Feb 9th '16, 01:31 PM
I think it should have a theme. Otherwise it would be all over the place.
I'm not entirely sure what it should be though. :hmm

Is it necessary to have a theme if the word count is unlimited, though? Maybe, for that contest, people should write whatever they want. I dunno, just a thought.

Gir
Feb 9th '16, 01:40 PM
Is it necessary to have a theme if the word count is unlimited, though? Maybe, for that contest, people should write whatever they want. I dunno, just a thought.

We will see. It's still pretty far off so there's still time to decide. Could go with multiple possible themes as well.
Anyway, you can leave your suggestions for the theme in any following LotW thread and I'll read and consider it.

Overhaul
Feb 9th '16, 02:25 PM
Glad to see that the level is returning to the previous point.

#1 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) was creepy! It definitely gave off the creepy feeling of a stalker haunting his victim. Call me crazy but the only idea I had was one like this, but with a woman being the culprit just to be original. Not that well written though, felt a little rushed. Could have been the best.

#2 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) This one was preeetty good! Our hero Vathar, really loves Rain imo, or at least he still wants her. But right now, all he is is a human weapon, and so he gets rejected. Nice, deeper than the other stories. Some good writing and world building too.

#3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) I was getting hyped about possible Nephelim story after the first few sentences but then it dissolved into a run of the mill vampire story? Cmon, writer of #3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) , you could have something good there!

#4 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4) This one was very smartly written! Not so well written but definitely very smartly written. I was half-laughing through the whole of it and when the punchline came I was like "Well played, very well played". I didn't mind that it was short, it felt just about the right size.

#5 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=5) This one was my least favorite tbh. It reminded me of programming when I saw that. Even some code I have written didn't have so many ifs. Sweet and cute, but dem ifs, too many.

So overall, I think the competition is good enough this time and I wish I had participated too. Giving my vote to #2 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) .

In the 2nd one, I think it messed up a bit when there was the stabby sequence. I had to read that thrice to understand who stabbed who, but even then, it's still not clear from a readin perspective. The only flaw I have to point out on that one.

Hear that Kylo Ren? :maybe

About 3. I also felt like it didn't quite fit the "things I do for love" theme, but since I know where it's coming from :maybe and the reason for writing it, I still give props to the author :smile

Mycal Phelps
Feb 9th '16, 02:58 PM
Someone should've copypasted the Game of Thrones "things I do for love" scene and just replaced names.

Overhaul
Feb 9th '16, 03:16 PM
Someone should've copypasted the Game of Thrones "things I do for love" scene and just replaced names.

Where's the originality and challenge in that? :p

Nekomamushi
Feb 9th '16, 03:20 PM
In the 2nd one, I think it messed up a bit when there was the stabby sequence. I had to read that thrice to understand who stabbed who, but even then, it's still not clear from a readin perspective. The only flaw I have to point out on that one.

Hear that Kylo Ren? :maybe

What? :p

Overhaul
Feb 9th '16, 03:22 PM
What? :p

Nephilins in #3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) instead of vampires :maybe

Nekomamushi
Feb 9th '16, 03:23 PM
Nephilins in #3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) instead of vampires :maybe

Nephilims :maybe

Owner Zeff
Feb 9th '16, 03:42 PM
I vote for #5 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=5) its short and good .

#1 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) , #2 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) and #3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) well written but i thought this contest has a 600 word limit :chillax:blank

Gir
Feb 9th '16, 03:46 PM
I vote for #5 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=5) its short and good .

#1 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) , #2 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) and #3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) well written but i thought this contest has a 600 word limit :chillax:blank

It's a soft limit. They can go slightly over. like in #1 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) and #2 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2)
No excuses for #3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) . I'll take one vote off cause it's 100 words over(if it has any). :chichi:

Owner Zeff
Feb 9th '16, 03:47 PM
It's a soft limit. They can go slightly over. like in #1 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) and #2 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2)
No excuses for #3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) . I'll take one vote off cause it's 100 words over. :chichi:

Have mercy Lord Gir #3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) has no votes yet .

Overhaul
Feb 9th '16, 03:57 PM
Have mercy Lord @Gir (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/member.php?u=12533) #3 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) has no votes yet .

Yeah, even tho it's a pretty good story :/

Aertes
Feb 9th '16, 05:00 PM
About 3. I also felt like it didn't quite fit the "things I do for love" theme, but since I know where it's coming from :maybe and the reason for writing it, I still give props to the author :smile

I know if it had a fight with the angels were he tries to save the family and then have the slaughter thing would have been better I think.

That's pretty much against the rules.

Overhaul
Feb 9th '16, 05:52 PM
I know if it had a fight with the angels were he tries to save the family and then have the slaughter thing would have been better I think.

Or after he slaughtered his family. As revenge. "The things I do for love" would apply there.

Mycal Phelps
Feb 9th '16, 06:03 PM
That's pretty much against the rules.

Of course it's not. What are you saying?

Aertes
Feb 9th '16, 06:32 PM
Or after he slaughtered his family. As revenge. "The things I do for love" would apply there.
Yeah that could work too. Now it' pretty much "The things I do to people I love". Still a good story though.

Of course it's not. What are you saying?
Of course it is. Entries must be original, not stealing from other people work. It's written on the entry thread.
R.R. Martin did it first, you have to deal with it.

Mycal Phelps
Feb 9th '16, 06:53 PM
You're hilarious.

Stein
Feb 10th '16, 12:24 AM
Yeah that could work too. Now it' pretty much "The things I do to people I love". Still a good story though.

Of course it is. Entries must be original, not stealing from other people work. It's written on the entry thread.
R.R. Martin did it first, you have to deal with it.

Lmao, that was gold.

usso
Feb 11th '16, 01:32 AM
Gir we have experienced a drop in the number of votes

Gir
Feb 11th '16, 01:36 AM
Gir we have experienced a drop in the number of votes

We do have 5 days of voting more. :innocent:

I do like bumps that aren't made by me though. :hug:

usso
Feb 11th '16, 01:45 AM
We do have 5 days of voting more. :innocent:

I do like bumps that aren't made by me though. :hug:

Bumping this thread

Jexxy
Feb 11th '16, 03:09 AM
These are all really nice, and thanks to whoever tagged me in this thread ;33

1. Yooooo I LOVE stuff like this. Creepy/stalker/killing is riiight up my alley. I appreciate this one a lot.
2. This one made me kinda sad, and I thought it was well-written. I like this one a lot, too.
3. I also think this one is good, but I don't think it fits the theme all that much, like others have said.
4. Ehehe, I like it. This one's also right up my alleeeeey.
5. I felt like this one was kind of cliche, but that's just me. Still sweet and nice all the same ^-^

usso
Feb 11th '16, 04:55 PM
These are all really nice, and thanks to whoever tagged me in this thread ;33

1. Yooooo I LOVE stuff like this. Creepy/stalker/killing is riiight up my alley. I appreciate this one a lot.
2. This one made me kinda sad, and I thought it was well-written. I like this one a lot, too.
3. I also think this one is good, but I don't think it fits the theme all that much, like others have said.
4. Ehehe, I like it. This one's also right up my alleeeeey.
5. I felt like this one was kind of cliche, but that's just me. Still sweet and nice all the same ^-^

You're welcome :sir:

Nekomamushi
Feb 11th '16, 08:41 PM
#1 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1)
I thought the first paragraph was really lame :p But it got better after that, especially the last one. Really liked that paragraph.

#2 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2)
Reminds me of The Blade Itself. I think the one who wrote it needs to learn how to use quotation marks for the dialogue. It would make it easier to read. Even so, I really enjoyed it. Although, I don't see how it follows "The things I do for love." Really enjoyed this part: - You left and then I changed. I never meant to hurt you…I love you, you know that right? How can you not? After all those years I still remember your smile, the smell of your hair, the sun in your eyes. You were my whole world. My strength…and then you left. Everything that was good in me died the day you disappeared. I had nothing. I had to turn somewhere…

#4 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4)
Eeeehhh... didn't like it :p Given the restrictions of this contest, maybe the husband could've been more freaked out, more reluctant to help, yet still doing it. I dunno, just my thoughts.

#5 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=5)
Short and sweet. The last line weirded me out a bit xd

Anyway, I'm voting for #1. Kind of a twisted look at this contest.

Gir
Feb 14th '16, 04:57 PM
http://itsfanart.com/gallery3/var/albums/misc/gwalla/album11/abv.gif?m=1309298033

Nekomamushi
Feb 14th '16, 07:18 PM
Gir, what's the next theme? :hmm

Gir
Feb 14th '16, 07:30 PM
Gir, what's the next theme? :hmm

Trying to get the early advantage are we? :maybe

I was thinking of it being "Musings of a Madman" because of Deadpool. Other two i have in mind (which may come later) are usso's suggestion "I woke up in Hell" and "My little town".

Nekomamushi
Feb 14th '16, 07:32 PM

I was thinking of it being "Musings of a Madman" because of Deadpool. Other two i have in mind (which may come later) are usso's suggestion "I woke up in Hell" and "My little town".

It's not like you'd tell me in secret :p

Ah, sounds good. My little town sounds super lame :tears:

Gir
Feb 14th '16, 07:36 PM
It's not like you'd tell me in secret :p

Ah, sounds good. My little town sounds super lame :tears:

I'm still trying to figure out the naming of that one. The idea was to write something like an opening act in which you introduce the setting of a potential story. Kinda wanting to steer clear of psychopathic protagonists with that one but i know better :dry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkbMeA1eV0

Nekomamushi
Feb 15th '16, 12:43 AM
I'm still trying to figure out the naming of that one. The idea was to write something like an opening act in which you introduce the setting of a potential story. Kinda wanting to steer clear of psychopathic protagonists with that one but i know better :dry

People here like their psychopaths :maybe

Stein
Feb 15th '16, 12:59 AM

:muhaha: Gir there is no escape. Whatever the theme is I can always find a way to make it about a psychopath. Just setting up the story would even make it better. I set up my psycho protagonist and then leave it at that point. SOON.

Aertes
Feb 15th '16, 02:19 AM

Hey Deadpool is not a Madman. Just borderline psycho U_U
All I think about when I see "my little town"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4z16n-3eU

Kinda wanting to steer clear of psychopathic protagonists with that one but i know better :dry

Normal is overrated. I like my psychopaths :)

Stein
Feb 15th '16, 10:36 PM
Fewer votes this time, even though the quality was better. Strange :hm

Joseph Joestar
Feb 15th '16, 10:49 PM
Fewer votes this time, even though the quality was better. Strange :hm

:hmm how many votes are normal?

Stein
Feb 15th '16, 10:51 PM
:hmm how many votes are normal?

Around 20.

Joseph Joestar
Feb 15th '16, 10:54 PM
Around 20.

:hmm doesn't seem too bad honestly, 15 is still decent, how much longer until the contest ends?

Gir
Feb 15th '16, 10:57 PM
:hmm doesn't seem too bad honestly, 15 is still decent, how much longer until the contest ends?

One hour. New contest will be up at about the same time.

Joseph Joestar
Feb 15th '16, 11:00 PM
One hour. New contest will be up at about the same time.

:hmm sounds cool. any hints on the theme :maybe

Gir
Feb 15th '16, 11:02 PM
:hmm sounds cool. any hints on the theme :maybe

:yuno: It's in this thread.

I'll post it shortly. :p

Joseph Joestar
Feb 15th '16, 11:06 PM
:yuno: It's in this thread.

I'll post it shortly. :p

:purr thank ya Gir-kun :smile I will participated as long as it is a short story and not poetry