PDA

View Full Version : 2016 - Any Why It Was (Born To Be) Epic

Matternativ
Feb 5th '17, 09:42 PM
I did a thing again!
Also: I am lazy so I copy and pasted the descriptions in this thread instead of typing something new.

Everyone and their mothers hated 2016 and I get why. It took Lemmy, Bud Spencer or Carrie Fisher from us and gave us guys like Donald Trump instead.

However there was some good stuff too. On one hand it gave us the broken brilliance of Matt Hardy and his neferious Brother Nero who might or might not have one or two appearances in this video and on the other hand it gaves us some good Albums.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything in that video (except for the Intro) and your opinion doesn't have to align with mine. Go ahead and make a video of your own if that bothers you.
If not: Just enjoy mine and have a good day.

Peace

The Video (which you'll see if you klick that link below) features samples of songs from Albums I enjoyed during the last year and me writing a few short sentences about them.
It's mostly metal-ish music but since I try to be an open minded person there is some other stuff as well in there.
Including Wrestling for some reason ;)

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/202664022

If the Video doesn't work, klick the link.
https://vimeo.com/202664022

AndrewtheAmericanDude
Feb 5th '17, 09:50 PM
Yay positivity! I can support this

Loni
Feb 5th '17, 10:05 PM
Was that your voice in the begining? :blank

I had headphones on and it was too loud xd

BTR
Feb 5th '17, 10:10 PM
While I'm still of the opinion that 2016 was a letdown of a year in terms of pop culture and world affairs, I didn't stop to think of the music of 2016 either. I'm glad someone was having fun at least.

Matternativ
Feb 5th '17, 10:16 PM
Was that your voice in the begining? :blank

I had headphones on and it was too loud xd
In the beginning and in the end, yes :maybe

While I'm still of the opinion that 2016 was a letdown of a year in terms of pop culture and world affairs, I didn't stop to think of the music of 2016 either. I'm glad someone was having fun at least.
Well it was but there are good albums every year and I would make a video like that even if there were only mediocre releases for a whole year though it would probably be a lot shorter.
The title is always overly positive and starting last year, a reference to a song, band or album featured in the video.

Yay positivity! I can support this
Thanks xd

Loni
Feb 5th '17, 10:22 PM
In the beginning and in the end, yes :maybe

Well it was but there are good albums every year and I would make a video like that even if there were only mediocre releases for a whole year though it would probably be a lot shorter.
The title is always overly positive and starting last year, a reference to a song, band or album featured in the video.

Thanks xd

Yeah I actually watched the video till the end( i skipped some minutes tho)

Matternativ
Feb 5th '17, 10:26 PM
Yeah I actually watched the video till the end( i skipped some minutes tho)

It's more than I expect from most people actually :smile

Loni
Feb 5th '17, 10:46 PM

You said there is other stuff then metalish music

I didnt see anything maybe I missed it?

Matternativ
Feb 5th '17, 10:54 PM
You said there is other stuff then metalish music

I didnt see anything maybe I missed it?

It's the stuff in the beginning of the video. Steve 'n'Seagulls, Deftones, If These Trees Could Talk , Filter, Ignis Fatuu and to some extent Van Canto.

If the release date stays and the Album is only half as good as their earlier works next year will have a Hip Hop Act in it called Flobots.

Erebus
Feb 5th '17, 11:45 PM

Yeah sorry, I didn't like any of the music in that video XD

But I appreciate the positivity that I think a lot of people need right now

Matternativ
Feb 6th '17, 01:25 AM
Yeah sorry, I didn't like any of the music in that video XD

But I appreciate the positivity that I think a lot of people need right now

Thanks but like I said it's always that positive. After all it's about the music I enjoyed not the one I hated.
But come to think of it, it's the first all-positive entry on my blog so there's that :maybe

Overhaul
Feb 6th '17, 11:50 PM
Watched it all. Beginning spooked me since I had my sound pretty high and wasn't expecting such a badass and strong entry :p

The 1st band was a fun one, one that I didn't know of xd Many of these songs were known to me and it was nice how you escalated the intensity of the songs, beginning by softer ones until it reached a strong climax.

One I found a bit meh was the Acapella one ... it just lacked a bit comparing to the other ones present in the video.
Didn't know Architect, but their video, effects and even the group reminded me of Linkin Park for some reason xd a way more hardcore Linkin Park, to be fair :maybe

Seeing Korn among the songs you listed hyped me up even more for the fact that I'm going to see them live this year! :ola: :raiding:

As for the end, it couldn't be better xd a welcome surprise, one that I found quite entertaining, just like the video in itself. Thanks a lot Matte! :swag:

Matternativ
Feb 7th '17, 05:38 PM
Watched it all. Beginning spooked me since I had my sound pretty high and wasn't expecting such a badass and strong entry :p

The 1st band was a fun one, one that I didn't know of xd Many of these songs were known to me and it was nice how you escalated the intensity of the songs, beginning by softer ones until it reached a strong climax.

One I found a bit meh was the Acapella one ... it just lacked a bit comparing to the other ones present in the video.
Didn't know Architect, but their video, effects and even the group reminded me of Linkin Park for some reason xd a way more hardcore Linkin Park, to be fair :maybe

Seeing Korn among the songs you listed hyped me up even more for the fact that I'm going to see them live this year! :ola: :raiding:

As for the end, it couldn't be better xd a welcome surprise, one that I found quite entertaining, just like the video in itself. Thanks a lot Matte! :swag:

The Linkin Fart comparison hurt a bit since they are my #1 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) subject of hate but other than that: Thanks for the nice feedback xd

Glad you liked the outro, I thought about scrapping it so no one would feel second hand embarrassed but decided to leave it in since no more than 10 people tend to watch my videos anyway :maybe

Overhaul
Feb 7th '17, 05:56 PM
The Linkin Fart comparison hurt a bit since they are my #1 (https://www.opbforums.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) subject of hate but other than that: Thanks for the nice feedback xd

Glad you liked the outro, I thought about scrapping it so no one would feel second hand embarrassed but decided to leave it in since no more than 10 people tend to watch my videos anyway :maybe

Well, Linkin Park was what got me into rock in the first place, and then metal progressively, so altho it sucks nowadays, I have to be thankful for their first 2 albums to get me started :p

I can say I laughed my ass off when I saw you on stage xd not because it was bad, by any means, but because I found it pretty funny and brave :p that takes balls man, I don't know if I would do the same actually. Oh, and don't underestimate yourself. The length of it is a bit scary but once you start watching it, it's pretty easy to keep going. I showed it to a friend and he said it was nice to know some feedback on bands he was wondering if he should listen to or not.

Matternativ
Feb 7th '17, 06:21 PM
Well, Linkin Park was what got me into rock in the first place, and then metal progressively, so altho it sucks nowadays, I have to be thankful for their first 2 albums to get me started :p

I can say I laughed my ass off when I saw you on stage xd not because it was bad, by any means, but because I found it pretty funny and brave :p that takes balls man, I don't know if I would do the same actually. Oh, and don't underestimate yourself. The length of it is a bit scary but once you start watching it, it's pretty easy to keep going. I showed it to a friend and he said it was nice to know some feedback on bands he was wondering if he should listen to or not.
Fair enough.
That is what practically everyone says but personally I even hated the first two albums. Then again I started with Bullet for my Valentine which is probably just as hated :maybe

Oh Karaoke is fun when you know the lyrics/song at least a bit (and when you don't hate it of course). It's just a little bit harder with a live band because on stage it all sounds different and I was always half a second off or so. There is no clip of it but closer to the end of the video I had build up enough confidence to not look at the lyrics all the time which gave me the opportunity to walk around and rock out a bit more (and the song gave me the opportunity to growl a bit more which is always nice xd).
So yeah if you should ever have the chance to sing with a live band, do it. It's fun.

And: Cool, thanks. But it has less to do with the length of the video and more with me not really advertising it anywhere. I simply post it here and on fb every year which means ~ 10 viewers is not about me underestimating it and more about being realistic. ;)

Nekomamushi
Feb 7th '17, 06:35 PM
Matternativ, is that you screaming at the start? :hmm

Matternativ
Feb 7th '17, 08:27 PM
Matternativ, is that you screaming at the start? :hmm

Technically it's not screaming but aye, that's me. Loni asked the same question. :maybe

Overhaul
Feb 8th '17, 01:41 AM
Fair enough.
That is what practically everyone says but personally I even hated the first two albums. Then again I started with Bullet for my Valentine which is probably just as hated :maybe

Oh Karaoke is fun when you know the lyrics/song at least a bit (and when you don't hate it of course). It's just a little bit harder with a live band because on stage it all sounds different and I was always half a second off or so. There is no clip of it but closer to the end of the video I had build up enough confidence to not look at the lyrics all the time which gave me the opportunity to walk around and rock out a bit more (and the song gave me the opportunity to growl a bit more which is always nice xd).
So yeah if you should ever have the chance to sing with a live band, do it. It's fun.

And: Cool, thanks. But it has less to do with the length of the video and more with me not really advertising it anywhere. I simply post it here and on fb every year which means ~ 10 viewers is not about me underestimating it and more about being realistic. ;)

Eh ... between that and Three Days Grace ... :maybe

Ahah, shame that we didn't get to see the best part then :p will do if I know the lyrics :ignore:

Fair enough. It's on your blog too right? Do you have a visitor counter?

Matternativ
Feb 16th '17, 01:11 AM
Eh ... between that and Three Days Grace ... :maybe

Ahah, shame that we didn't get to see the best part then :p will do if I know the lyrics :ignore:

Fair enough. It's on your blog too right? Do you have a visitor counter?
Forgot to respond!
The only people I know who hate them are former Fans who are childish and pissed because the original singer quit a while ago :maybe

That you should!

I'm not sure the option even exist, might be interesting to know. :hmm

Overhaul
Feb 16th '17, 12:40 PM
Forgot to respond!
The only people I know who hate them are former Fans who are childish and pissed because the original singer quit a while ago :maybe

That you should!

I'm not sure the option even exist, might be interesting to know. :hmm

Didn't even know that :chillax that's how knowledgeable I am on 3DG :maybe

Yeah, it'd be nice to get some feedback that way :p