Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Profile Contest #7 ~ Voting

Profile Contest
    MOVIES!

Thanks to those who took part in the Movies Profile Contest! When voting, please follow the voting rules below. When looking at the submissions, make sure you visit their profiles to get a better look at their profile design. Sorry for being late.

Voting Rules

• YOU NEED TO VOTE FOR THREE PROFILES. Your first choice is worth 15 points. Your second choice is worth 10 points. Your third choice is worth 5 points. The profile with the most votes win this contest.
    • You have to give a VALID reason as to why you chose the profiles you chose. Not doing so will get your vote ignored.
    • Alt accounts WILL BE found so don't even attempt to create one.
    • Please follow this template when voting.
      Code:
      [B]1st Choice:[/B]
      [B]2nd Choice:[/B]
      [B]3rd Choice:[/B]

[B]Reason:[/B]

Prizes
    1st Place
    ✖ Profile Contest Award.
    ✖ Cyan Glow Username
    ✖ Name Change
    ✖ 25% Discount in Market.
    ✖ 100 beli every week.
    ✖ 1000 beli (additional)

2nd Place
    ✖ Name Change
    ✖ 1000 beli

3rd Place
    ✖ 500 beli

Submissions
    Submission 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
    I'll enter

Profile Link: Why so serious?

Screen Shot:
    Spoiler!
    Submission 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Laboon View Post
    Username: Laboon
    Theme: Iron Man!
    Profile:
    Spoiler!
    Submission 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanda View Post
    Profile Link: Zanda
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler!
    Submission 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzo View Post
    Profile Link: Rayzo
    Screenshot: Captain America
    Spoiler!
    Submission 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Payne View Post
    Profile Link: Perfume: Story of a Murderer.

Screenshot:
    Spoiler!

It's got gif images so open the damn thing to see it clearly.
    Submission 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Profile Link:Lord of the Rings
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler!
    Submission 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    Hope it's not too late.

Profile Link: Meh
    ~Tron Legacy~
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler!

The people who didn't add there screenshot in, too bad. I don't have time to do it for you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:

Laboon  (Sep 2nd '13), monkey d swag  (Sep 2nd '13)

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

1st Choice: Sublime. In my opinion, this is the best here. A colour scheme was chosen. Certain areas were cleverly designed in Photoshop. If this profile doesn't win, I'll be surprised.
    2nd Choice: Divine. I do really like this one, it flows well. I felt however, images could have been varied in different areas. The header didn't have any form of graphics in them which also let it down.
    3rd Choice: Laboon. This one was not as great as the others, but it was rich in colour which was pleasing to the eye. It needs more work though; the background repeating was a let down personally. With a little more work, it can be a great profile.

As for the others, a lot of your text colours conflicted or the profile was dull. Also, one of the profiles was simply a profile picture and a background with everything else transparent, which in my opinion, barely rivaled the other efforts of the participants despite it looking nice. You could do better.

Anything I said which is negative is constructive criticism - use it.

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

1st choice:Sublime: Reason - Great colour scheme, the untiled background always works wonders (sadly never been able to acheive it myself). Making the module's not too bright was smart also, didn't take away from the background but added to it. Very well done!
    2nd choice: Payne: Reason - I love the movie, you can't see it here but the flowers in the module's were a gif and constantly moving and very relevant to the theme he choose. The profile picture combined with the roses sold it to me.
    3rd choice: Divine: Reason - Compared to the others the font doesn't clash with the background. The background and profile picture fit the movie well, though personally I find it a little boring. I don't really like transparent anything, I find it lazy and often takes away from the profile rather than adding to it. Here though with the background and pic looking rather minimalist I think it adds to it (from here it looks like they are transparent..if not he did very well to make the modules meld with the background).

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    3rd Choice: Laboon. This one was not as great as the others, but it was rich in colour which was pleasing to the eye. It needs more work though; the background repeating was a let down personally. With a little more work, it can be a great profile.
    This was so long ago but I do remember trying to do a large untiled background. Still haven't been able to get the hang of it though, Sublime needs to teach me his ways!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

1st - Laboon - I'm more impressed by the colors he used more than anything. It's hard to pull off a colorful profile without one color overpowering the other or not making it hurt your eyes. It's pretty easy to use a monotonous theme but playing with colors takes too much effort and risk. I saw his profile when the theme was still there and my eyes loved the button images and the contrasting colors. Buttons, modules/inactive modules and header were filled in and he used a total of 4 different images, albeit the main background image was tiled, it all worked out really well.

2nd - Sublime - This looks like a professional work. I thought there was an option for the opacity of the buttons/modules' background, turns out she edited the background picture itself, that's effort. Could have filled in the modules and inactive modules backgrounds and borders to make it better but because she edited her background picture, that's understandable.

3rd - Payne - I love the movie and simplicity of the theme. The background may not speak "Perfume," however, the profile picture and the blood spatters image he used worked fine. It was very minimalist. Could have put in more effort.
    Last edited by Violet; Sep 2nd '13 at 02:05 PM.

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Ice Hunter
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

1st Choice: @Sublime
    I just loved the background and the way it complemented with the modules. The profile picture gives me the feeling of how Frodo missed the shire and its greenery and stuff like that. Its neat and emotional at some stage too if you go into its depth.
    2nd Choice: @Laboon
    The color selection is just superb. I loved the red and that cream yellow effect and it also has that electrifying stuff in it which makes it really cool.
    3rd Choice: @Rayzo
    Although with some transparent areas left out and only a background is the only thing there but its still pleasing to the eye so yeah I liked it. =)

Thankyou for mentioning me up there =)

Lime
    1. Divine
    It's just so TRON, lol. Perfectly in theme imo, it looks clean and everything is legible, pretty nice profile ^^
    Good job ^^
    2. Laboon
    Plenty of colours and surprisingly, blends okay ;o I don't like the red parts that much as they seem out of theme and the BG image repeat, but this is to be solved soon ;D Even though there are a few things that need fixing, it's well appreciated that each area was filled and not just set to transparent. So yeah, cool job, keep trying ^^
    3. Payne
    The Gif is pretty cool and the profile pic is neat as well. Basically, this profile would have landed higher in my top three if the bg wasn't as generic and grey. Nevertheless I expect cool stuff from Payne as I know he can edit great profiles, this just wasn't his best job ;o

Manga
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    chef

1 - Sublime
    The tones remain steady throughtout. It's one image in the background, unrepeated. (I have a damn hard time getting my images to be the perfect size to cover the whole profile perfectly). Personally, I think using the transparent option for the bars would be even better, but this profile still seems the best one and the one most worked at.
    2-Rayzo
    I liked the cleanliness of it. The background image & the transparent bars. The way light fades into the left. The star even seems to be in the right place at the dialog box.
    3-Laboon
    This is funny, because Laboon has had this for a long time but it is the 3rd best entry in this contest. As others have stated, it has great complimentary use of color/images/texture & it keeps this Iron Man theme throughout.

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Bump!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

1 -
    Laboon : I love the theme and colours!

2 -
    Black Star : I like the colours and the background =D

3 -
    Sublime : I love these colours and the background too, it's just amazing!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Winners of this month Profile Of The Month, congrats!

1st @Sublime: 15 + 15 + 10 + 15 + 15 + 5 + 5 = 80
    2nd @Laboon: 5 + 15 + 10 + 10 + 5 + 15 = 60
    3rd @Divine: 10 + 5 + 15 = 30