Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    Awww that's no fun. Wanted Ratchet and Misty to attack one another.
    Ratchet and Misty and Red and Divine and Umbra are all smart. But Ratchet did really good research and made me think. And thats saying something

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    Ratchet and Misty and Red and Divine and Umbra are all smart. But Ratchet did really good research and made me think. And thats saying something
    Time will tell and I'll put money that it will hurt Britain

Spoiler!

Manga
    Davy Back Fight
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    Time will tell and I'll put money that it will hurt Britain
    That's the spirit!

In all seriousness, no one really knows at this point. In the long run it'll probably be fine, short term we'll see a lot of fluctuation as we have been but as I say it's probably not going to be as revolutionary as people think it will.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I'm not familiar with the political stuff involved in the brexit but from the financial point of view this will hurt the UK a lot on the short term at least. Their export to EU countries will most likely weaken dramatically because of not belonging to the EU VAT system etc anymore. No idea how much they can compensate this with non-EU export though. For UK this probably wasn't as big of a leap as it would've been to a country with euros as their currency though. The UK haven't been part of the Schengen deal either.

Anyway, the biggest problem with the EU is that almost all countries that have been willing to join have been allowed to do that. There was supposed to be restrictions in various financial aspects but I guess they were forgotten cuz the EU wanted to become bigger. Greece should've never been able to join in the first place for example. Even though the EU's benefits have been questioned lately, there's no doubt that all in all it has been profitable to its members in the long run.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

@Rick Sanchez

M8. m8. Watch it. I died like three times laughing so damn hard

Manga
    Davy Back Fight
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by SniperKing View Post
    I'm not familiar with the political stuff involved in the brexit but from the financial point of view this will hurt the UK a lot on the short term at least. Their export to EU countries will most likely weaken dramatically because of not belonging to the EU VAT system etc anymore. No idea how much they can compensate this with non-EU export though. For UK this probably wasn't as big of a leap as it would've been to a country with euros as their currency though. The UK haven't been part of the Schengen deal either.
    Firstly we are still in the EU. Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty needs to be activated to begin a 2 year countdown, the end of which will formally close the proceedings to leave the EU. So we still technically are bound by EU rules at this time. The pound value has dropped, not hugely now but somewhat which makes no the best time to buy exports from Britain before it fully stabilises so I expect we'll get an export windfall within the next few weeks. The hope is that the increased exports will balance out the loss of value happening to the pound for now.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    Firstly we are still in the EU. Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty needs to be activated to begin a 2 year countdown, the end of which will formally close the proceedings to leave the EU. So we still technically are bound by EU rules at this time. The pound value has dropped, not hugely now but somewhat which makes no the best time to buy exports from Britain before it fully stabilises so I expect we'll get an export windfall within the next few weeks. The hope is that the increased exports will balance out the loss of value happening to the pound for now.
    Oho, didn't even know that lol. That's quite a long bumper zone. Like I said, I'm not familiar at all with the political stuff regarding this case and this kinda proved that. In that case the downfall in export to EU countries most likely won't start yet and the actual effects of the brexit will fully been seen much later.

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    Firstly we are still in the EU. Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty needs to be activated to begin a 2 year countdown, the end of which will formally close the proceedings to leave the EU.
    I'm happy now.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    scientist

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ish-scientists

nice

edit @Red @Ratchet @AppleCider thoughts on this?

If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.

How?

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legislation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-manoeuvred and check-mated.

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.
    Last edited by Misty; Jun 26th '16 at 06:29 PM.

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

so @Misty basically Brexit became a major Bregret!

I wonder what will happen to Nigel Farage. The guy never had a consistent, confident view on Brexit to begin with, even going as far to say that Bremain would win just after the polls had closed! And Boris Johnson is all over the place; he just wants to increase his popularity and will seize any opportunity he can find.