Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Sanzen View Post
    It might be helpful to change the AC into DC. Less energy loss from heat if it is DC rather than AC. It might be pretty expensive to allocate funds for a massive transformer and up keep of said transformer just to save a few bucks on energy loss, probably less money saved than you would actually spend on the transformer.
    Ah, but i found that most buildings in my place use AC motors for their elevators. They say it could cut off the budget for some part of maintenance. Though as you said, idk if it's still worth to convert it into DC nowadays, if we're talking about long term efficiency.

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Well I saw this a bit late @Nura Rihan what are your constraints?

If there aren't any, I'd suggest something crazy, very unlikely, probably uncomfortable type of design.

Or you could combine maglev with a fly wheel operation

IZAYA | REVOLUTIONARY | UNDERGROUND ASSASSIN | 1.000.000 | TRAVEL LOG

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Well I saw this a bit late @Nura Rihan what are your constraints?

If there aren't any, I'd suggest something crazy, very unlikely, probably uncomfortable type of design.

Or you could combine maglev with a fly wheel operation
    The only constraint would be the cost, hun ;_;

Maglev + fly wheel operation? h--hh--how? \(0_0)/

Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nura Rihan View Post
    The only constraint would be the cost, hun ;_;

Maglev + fly wheel operation? h--hh--how? \(0_0)/
    Well cost is always a going to cause trouble maglev can't be used then
    Well if you can use, maglev to move it up. The fly wheel would be used to store the gravitational potential energy using a gear which would engage with teeth on the side of the wall around the elevator. As the elevator rises, the gear would turn and this would in turn transfer the motion to a fly wheel. The fly wheel can then be used for the return trip
    instead of gears, use a pulley on the elevator with a rope going around it. One end of the rope would be fixed to the ground while the other goes around the pulley.

It could be green

The other two ideas I have a pretty green, but use a lot of space and are probably more expensive

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

Well cost is always a going to cause trouble maglev can't be used then
    Well if you can use, maglev to move it up. The fly wheel would be used to store the gravitational potential energy using a gear which would engage with teeth on the side of the wall around the elevator. As the elevator rises, the gear would turn and this would in turn transfer the motion to a fly wheel. The fly wheel can then be used for the return trip
    instead of gears, use a pulley on the elevator with a rope going around it. One end of the rope would be fixed to the ground while the other goes around the pulley.

It could be green

The other two ideas I have a pretty green, but use a lot of space and are probably more expensive
    I see. So far I haven't heard about using maglev for lift system, since it would have to be vertically levitated.
    Flywheel is interesting enough, previously till today I only know the installation of mechanical pulley powered up by motor in such system.

Either way the initial cost should be expensive. But it will be worth it for a long term and energy efficiency. Lots of space used is a major problem too, in some cases, it probably result to a double deck type, unless the building is unsuited for it.

Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nura Rihan View Post
    I see. So far I haven't heard about using maglev for lift system, since it would have to be vertically levitated.
    Flywheel is interesting enough, previously till today I only know the installation of mechanical pulley powered up by motor in such system.

Either way the initial cost should be expensive. But it will be worth it for a long term and energy efficiency. Lots of space used is a major problem too, in some cases, it probably result to a double deck type, unless the building is unsuited for it.
    Maglev is probably a bad idea I think pulleys with fly wheels are being used. But yeah initially it'd be expensive to install the pulley but once you have it, then its really a lot better. Cos say you've given power to run the lift till the 5th floor but you want to stop at the third, the inertia built up and stored in the flywheel could be used to run the lift later.

My other idea, use a huge reservoir of water going through a series of valves controlled using sensors to power the lift. Its very green but very expensive

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

Maglev is probably a bad idea I think pulleys with fly wheels are being used. But yeah initially it'd be expensive to install the pulley but once you have it, then its really a lot better. Cos say you've given power to run the lift till the 5th floor but you want to stop at the third, the inertia built up and stored in the flywheel could be used to run the lift later.

My other idea, use a huge reservoir of water going through a series of valves controlled using sensors to power the lift. Its very green but very expensive
    Yes, yes, seems like the flywheel is one of optimal options.

Huge reservoir of water + valves? Oh almost same concept as hydraulic kinda thing. But then there's a need for much higher pressure so and so.. Idk if it's best for high rise building. Well, I guess that's also greenish feature (-,-)/ Remind me of cooling tower.