Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Senior Member Haiko Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Between Hell and Heaven
    Posts
    2,063
    Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Female
    Beli
    3,854
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    martialarts engineer


    Quote Originally Posted by Sanzen View Post
    It might be helpful to change the AC into DC. Less energy loss from heat if it is DC rather than AC. It might be pretty expensive to allocate funds for a massive transformer and up keep of said transformer just to save a few bucks on energy loss, probably less money saved than you would actually spend on the transformer.
    Ah, but i found that most buildings in my place use AC motors for their elevators. They say it could cut off the budget for some part of maintenance. Though as you said, idk if it's still worth to convert it into DC nowadays, if we're talking about long term efficiency.


    Home Is Where The Heart Is

  2. #12
    usso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    No Where
    Posts
    3,393
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Genderless
    Beli
    16,313
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Well I saw this a bit late @Nura Rihan what are your constraints?

    If there aren't any, I'd suggest something crazy, very unlikely, probably uncomfortable type of design.

    Or you could combine maglev with a fly wheel operation

    IZAYA | REVOLUTIONARY | UNDERGROUND ASSASSIN | 1.000.000 | TRAVEL LOG


  3. #13
    Senior Member Haiko Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Between Hell and Heaven
    Posts
    2,063
    Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Female
    Beli
    3,854
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    martialarts engineer


    Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Well I saw this a bit late @Nura Rihan what are your constraints?

    If there aren't any, I'd suggest something crazy, very unlikely, probably uncomfortable type of design.

    Or you could combine maglev with a fly wheel operation
    The only constraint would be the cost, hun ;_;

    Maglev + fly wheel operation? h--hh--how? \(0_0)/


    Home Is Where The Heart Is

  4. #14
    usso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    No Where
    Posts
    3,393
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Genderless
    Beli
    16,313
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Nura Rihan View Post
    The only constraint would be the cost, hun ;_;

    Maglev + fly wheel operation? h--hh--how? \(0_0)/
    Well cost is always a going to cause trouble maglev can't be used then
    Well if you can use, maglev to move it up. The fly wheel would be used to store the gravitational potential energy using a gear which would engage with teeth on the side of the wall around the elevator. As the elevator rises, the gear would turn and this would in turn transfer the motion to a fly wheel. The fly wheel can then be used for the return trip
    instead of gears, use a pulley on the elevator with a rope going around it. One end of the rope would be fixed to the ground while the other goes around the pulley.

    It could be green

    The other two ideas I have a pretty green, but use a lot of space and are probably more expensive

    IZAYA | REVOLUTIONARY | UNDERGROUND ASSASSIN | 1.000.000 | TRAVEL LOG


  5. #15
    Senior Member Haiko Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Between Hell and Heaven
    Posts
    2,063
    Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Female
    Beli
    3,854
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    martialarts engineer


    Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Well cost is always a going to cause trouble maglev can't be used then
    Well if you can use, maglev to move it up. The fly wheel would be used to store the gravitational potential energy using a gear which would engage with teeth on the side of the wall around the elevator. As the elevator rises, the gear would turn and this would in turn transfer the motion to a fly wheel. The fly wheel can then be used for the return trip
    instead of gears, use a pulley on the elevator with a rope going around it. One end of the rope would be fixed to the ground while the other goes around the pulley.

    It could be green

    The other two ideas I have a pretty green, but use a lot of space and are probably more expensive
    I see. So far I haven't heard about using maglev for lift system, since it would have to be vertically levitated.
    Flywheel is interesting enough, previously till today I only know the installation of mechanical pulley powered up by motor in such system.

    Either way the initial cost should be expensive. But it will be worth it for a long term and energy efficiency. Lots of space used is a major problem too, in some cases, it probably result to a double deck type, unless the building is unsuited for it.


    Home Is Where The Heart Is

  6. #16
    usso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    No Where
    Posts
    3,393
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Genderless
    Beli
    16,313
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Nura Rihan View Post
    I see. So far I haven't heard about using maglev for lift system, since it would have to be vertically levitated.
    Flywheel is interesting enough, previously till today I only know the installation of mechanical pulley powered up by motor in such system.

    Either way the initial cost should be expensive. But it will be worth it for a long term and energy efficiency. Lots of space used is a major problem too, in some cases, it probably result to a double deck type, unless the building is unsuited for it.
    Maglev is probably a bad idea I think pulleys with fly wheels are being used. But yeah initially it'd be expensive to install the pulley but once you have it, then its really a lot better. Cos say you've given power to run the lift till the 5th floor but you want to stop at the third, the inertia built up and stored in the flywheel could be used to run the lift later.

    My other idea, use a huge reservoir of water going through a series of valves controlled using sensors to power the lift. Its very green but very expensive

    IZAYA | REVOLUTIONARY | UNDERGROUND ASSASSIN | 1.000.000 | TRAVEL LOG


  7. #17
    Senior Member Haiko Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Between Hell and Heaven
    Posts
    2,063
    Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Female
    Beli
    3,854
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    martialarts engineer


    Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Maglev is probably a bad idea I think pulleys with fly wheels are being used. But yeah initially it'd be expensive to install the pulley but once you have it, then its really a lot better. Cos say you've given power to run the lift till the 5th floor but you want to stop at the third, the inertia built up and stored in the flywheel could be used to run the lift later.

    My other idea, use a huge reservoir of water going through a series of valves controlled using sensors to power the lift. Its very green but very expensive
    Yes, yes, seems like the flywheel is one of optimal options.

    Huge reservoir of water + valves? Oh almost same concept as hydraulic kinda thing. But then there's a need for much higher pressure so and so.. Idk if it's best for high rise building. Well, I guess that's also greenish feature (-,-)/ Remind me of cooling tower.


    Home Is Where The Heart Is

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •