Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

NFL Discussion Thread

All Things Relevant To The NFL.

Last edited by Redeyes; Aug 13th '16 at 07:44 PM.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Just some quick thoughts on my beloved Dolphins:
    I am looking forward to free agency. I must see what the Dolphins do with Mike Wallace; they probably just cut him like idiots. We need a solid Nose Tackle, Offensive Guards, a run stuffing Middle Linebacker (I would like Brandon Spikes), Corner back depth, a better Free Safety (Aikens ain't ready), a tough runner at running back (I am feening for Todd Gurley, he is Arian Foster 2.0 coming out of the University of Georgia <3, but better, people compared him to Adrian Peterson), and upgrading our Wide Receivers.

We need to retain Jared Odrick.

If Wallace leaves, then he'll be the best deep threat in the NFL if he goes to the Ravens.
    Last edited by Redeyes; Feb 3rd '15 at 01:19 AM. Reason: feigning ---> feening

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

I'll play too @The Prince:

Top priorities for the Pats:

Keep edelman. He deserves much more money than he is making now, and he is a beast. He's got to stay
    Keep Gronk Healthy and Safe. We don't need another aaron hernandez and we definitely don't need gronk doing stupid shit in the off-season.... I'm thinking of Roethlisberger driving motorcycles... Stay safe and healthy gronk

With those two and brady, our offense retains most of it's strength. Brady can make any WR work tbh, but those two are keys.

Defensively: Try to keep the group together. Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins I want to see back next year. Vince Wilfork is getting older, so we need to start trying to groom a solid nose tackle like him in case of emergency.

Our LB core is pretty damn solid. I think our secondary needs a bit of work though tbh. That'd be my first priority in drafting. I'm not sure how long we got revis for, but he's solid. McCourty is decent, same with Chung. Not crazy about logan ryan, but he shows promise. Butler is in the same boat as Ryan for me.

oh, and I'd love to have a solid RB. Like, a top tier RB. I've never been crazy about our running game, so I'd like to see us mix it up more and have one go to RB rather than like 4 RBs who each serve different purposes. That being said, I love shane vereen. His passing game threat is real.
    @deltZ - thoughts?
    Last edited by ShichiDrewKai; Feb 7th '15 at 12:40 AM.

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

@ShichiDrewKai My man......

Revis has a 25M dollar cap number next year, so they either cut him or do a new contract with him. I don't see anybody paying a CB 25M for 1 year.

Devin McCourty is a good FS. He can cover whether he lines up at CB or at FS, good versatility on any given play. Devin McCourty is smart and recognizes plays, a la the game winning interception against the Ravens.
    If McCourty leaves I can see New England going after Antrel Rolle because Rolle is just a better version of McCourty.

Vince seems like he's a lifer; those types don't leave the team unless the team don't want them anymore.

Also, I heard that Belicheck likes to keep a 6M dollar cushion in his cap room for the start of the season, is this true?
    Would explain some things.
    Last edited by Redeyes; Feb 7th '15 at 12:54 AM.

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
    @ShichiDrewKai My man......

Revis has a 25M dollar cap number next year, so they either cut him or do a new contract with him. I don't see anybody paying a CB 25M for 1 year.

Devin McCourty is a good FS. He can cover whether he lines up at CB or at FS, good versatility on any given play. Devin McCourty is smart and recognizes plays, a la the game winning interception against the Ravens.
    If McCorty leves I can see New England going after Antrel Rolle because Rolle is just a better version of McCourty.

Vince seems like he's a lifer; those types don't leave the team unless the team don't want them anymore.

Also, I heard that Belicheck likes to keep a 6M dollar cushion in his cap room for the start of the season, is this true?
    Would explain some things.
    I'll be 100% honest - I don't really follow the money. It's all about the game for me. So I really don't know who earns what or how much longer they have on their contract. Revis will likely go somewhere else I guess, which means we have a serious void in the secondary. There's no way he's making that much next year. Brady barely earns 15 mil/year, so revis ain't making anywhere near that much.

I agree on vince being a lifer. I would love to see him with us for the rest of his career. What I don't know is how long he can play for. Even now he doesn't play every down, he just can't. Just googled him, apparently he has said he's not retiring this year. He's been with us for 11 years. He's only in his mid 30's, so he can easily get a few more years. I thought he was older tbh.

and about the salary cap cushion, i legit have no idea, but that seems like a solid policy and it makes sense to me. You never know if you're gonna have to trade for a big ticket player, so keeping that cushion allows for some fluidity to the roster.

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    I'll be 100% honest - I don't really follow the money. It's all about the game for me. So I really don't know who earns what or how much longer they have on their contract. Revis will likely go somewhere else I guess, which means we have a serious void in the secondary. There's no way he's making that much next year. Brady barely earns 15 mil/year, so revis ain't making anywhere near that much.

I agree on vince being a lifer. I would love to see him with us for the rest of his career. What I don't know is how long he can play for. Even now he doesn't play every down, he just can't. Just googled him, apparently he has said he's not retiring this year. He's been with us for 11 years. He's only in his mid 30's, so he can easily get a few more years. I thought he was older tbh.

and about the salary cap cushion, i legit have no idea, but that seems like a solid policy and it makes sense to me. You never know if you're gonna have to trade for a big ticket player, so keeping that cushion allows for some fluidity to the roster.
    Well, your team has always been good and you have a very competent leader making the decisions. The Dolphins have been making the dumbest decisions and 3 years ago I decided to pay more attention to the inner workings of the salary cap, front office moves, and the draft. When your team sucks you really wanna understand why LOL
    Rotoworld is good for understanding who's contract is what.
    Overthecap helps you understand the current cap situation.

Cap situation explains a lot.

I agree, Revis will probably leave. If that 6M dollar cushion is real, then there is probably only enough room for Revis and not the other free agents.

Oh, shit, Brady is making 12M on average per year, I need to look up the other elite QB salaries because that seems so funny.....

I agree that policy explains their in season pick ups and trades over the year.

Other News:

I am happy, and I hope he's telling the truth, that Reggie Bush is denying those allegations. It would be so disappointing if it was true and he helped rape those women.

Combine is in 2 weeks

I think Buffalo needs a QB so badly and the Jets need to fix that secondary...

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Re-sign Revis to a team friendly deal and have him try recruit another veteran FA like Larry Fitzgerald or something. Devin McCourty is a must re-sign this off-season. I think Vereen is also a top priority.

Not sure what happens with Big Vince because the Patriots almost dropped him last offseason.

Draft needs = OFFENSIVE LINEMEN!
    @ShichiDrewKai you ever seen this?

Bill foreseeing Jules' value and potentially replacing Welker.
    Last edited by deltZ; Feb 7th '15 at 07:08 AM.

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by deltZ View Post
    Re-sign Revis to a team friendly deal and have him try recruit another veteran FA like Larry Fitzgerald or something. Devin McCourty is a must re-sign this off-season. I think Vereen is also a top priority.

Not sure what happens with Big Vince because the Patriots almost dropped him last offseason.

Draft needs = OFFENSIVE LINEMEN!
    @ShichiDrewKai you ever seen this?

Bill foreseeing Jules' value and potentially replacing Welker.
    Off Line will be important, but we've always gotten by.

Never seen that video before, but that was awesome. I remember after we traded him that amendola was touted to be his replacement, but ever since I saw edelman play I knew he was the better WR for Brady. Plus, that first year we had him, he player all three teams. He played WR for the offense, was on kick returns and kick offs (I def remember him playing some kickoffs, then they realized he was better on returns), and I def remember edelman playing a bit of CB when we were really spare there. That tenacity and ability that he could play on any side of the team was just so impressive.

Welker proving he's a bitch diva. And Beli was not holding back his distaste for that comment.

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

General NFL News

Richie Incognito is back. I am happy for the guy, Jonathan "Pussy Feet" Martin recked his career because he was too much of a little b-tch. Hope he succeeds in Buffalo.

Nice article on Todd Gurley: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...steven-jackson
    I hope he's closer to Peterson then Jackson.....

Baltimore might let go of Haloti Ngata if he doesn't take a paycut.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesy of Ben Volin the former Miami Dolphins beat reporter
    • Player trouble — What happens when approximately 2,000 males ages 22-35 have three months of free time and a little cash in their pockets? Trouble. And it happened quickly for four players this offseason.

Packers defensive tackle Letroy Guion, who had 3½ sacks this year, did his best Scarface impression last week, arrested for felony possession of marijuana and felony possession of a firearm after being pulled over in his truck in his hometown of Starke, Fla. Police found 357 grams of marijuana in Guion’s truck, plus $190,000 in cash and a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun. Guion reportedly has a permit to carry the gun in Minnesota.

Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson was arrested Tuesday in Washington, D.C., and charged with simple assault after getting in a fight with a pizza delivery driver. According to a police report, Jackson became enraged at the delivery man because he briefly parked in Jackson’s assigned spot to deliver a pizza.

Cowboys running back Joseph Randle, who made news for shoplifting underwear and cologne from a department store in October, did it again for the wrong reasons. According to Kansas TV station KAKE, police responded to a domestic violence call at a Wichita hotel involving Randle, two women, and a child. The police didn’t find a weapon or evidence of domestic violence, but did issue Randle a citation for unlawful possession of a controlled substance after finding “a small amount of green botanical substance” in the hotel room.

And the worst incident of them all involved former Ravens defensive tackle Terrence Cody, who was indicted Monday by a Baltimore County grand jury on 15 charges, including seven animal cruelty charges related to a bullmastiff that died, six charges involving an alligator, and two drug charges.

The indictment alleges that Cody intentionally tortured and inflicted unnecessary suffering on the dog, then “intentionally cruelly” killed it. Also that Cody illegally imported a live alligator into Maryland and failed to provide proper food, water, veterinary care, space, and shelter. And the drug charges are related to possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.

All in all, another banner week for the

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

@Redeyes

hehehehehehe, strong 2 though.

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast