Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

That awkward moment when Americans still think they live in the "greatest country on Earth". The collective intelligence of the citizens of the U.S regresses every day.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Ah
    I live in that state and found out about it at work from a guy yelling "this is bullshit they passed a bill allowing people to discriminate agaisnt gay" repeating over and over through the 8 hour shift.

Later I went to break I found out that he was over reacting along with many other people and looking at it all wrong. Getting mad at republicans saying they made up a bill even though Democrat Bill Clinton passed a religious freedom act back when he was president.
    The bill doesn't point out to discriminating agaisnt gays but to some it could lead up to it base on someone's beliefs.

Also the Religious Freedom Restoration Act doesn't allow businesses to refuse to serve gays or other minority groups (which was stated right away after it was passed so I heard).

But honestly I don't have a problem with people saying no.
    I hear a story recently that a person that does piercings said no to a person that had tattoos that was satanic and he told him in a polite way that he doesn't want to work on him and he will get someone else. But the person try to sue him for dening him service.

Or
    When a person that bakes cakes told a gay couple that he or she won't make them one and told them there's other places that they can ask,the couple tried to sue causing the person to close down the business.

I just don't believe in forcing someone to do something they don't want to if they own their own business.
    Which there's probably other places that won't deny a person base on what they believe or what sex they our attractive to cause logically those people is what's making them money and if they say no. Their lost.

If the people is a medic or firefighter then it their responsibility to help those in need no matter what they believe in or who they are. End of Story.

Before I end this post I also want to add my friend who is gay and a team lead at my work find it amusing that people are overracting over such a bill when it wouldn't affact his life and doesn't give a "fuck" about it. Lol

To further quell the left's hysteria over this law, here is a pro-gay rights law professor, Daniel O. Conkle, writing for USA Today on why Indiana needs RFRA [emphasis mine]:

I am a supporter of gay rights, including same-sex marriage. But as an informed legal scholar, I also support the proposed Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA). How can this be?

The bill would establish a general legal standard, the "compelling interest" test, for evaluating laws and governmental practices that impose substantial burdens on the exercise of religion. This same test already governs federal law under the federal RFRA, which was signed into law by President Bill Clinton. And some 30 states have adopted the same standard, either under state-law RFRAs or as a matter of state constitutional law.

Applying this test, a unanimous U.S. Supreme Court recently ruled that a Muslim prisoner was free to practice his faith by wearing a half-inch beard that posed no risk to prison security. Likewise, in a 2012 decision, a court ruled that the Pennsylvania RFRA protected the outreach ministry of a group of Philadelphia churches, ruling that the city could not bar them from feeding homeless individuals in the city parks.

If the Indiana RFRA is adopted, this same general approach will govern religious freedom claims of all sorts, thus protecting religious believers of all faiths by granting them precisely the same consideration.
    But granting religious believers legal consideration does not mean that their religious objections will always be upheld.
    Last edited by DemonFox; Apr 3rd '15 at 07:21 PM.

" I'm sorry for the demon I've become. You should be sorry for the angel you are not."

Join >Sony Entertainment FC

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by deltZ View Post
    That awkward moment when Americans still think they live in the "greatest country on Earth". The collective intelligence of the citizens of the U.S regresses every day.
    I wanna move >_> But I am too lazy

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Red Flag X Drake View Post
    Theres not that many great countries to move to...your best bet is to find a isolated island or Mars (any planet that can support life will do) . Away from humans and any governments

" I'm sorry for the demon I've become. You should be sorry for the angel you are not."

Join >Sony Entertainment FC

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by InFamous View Post
    Theres not that many great countries to move to...your best bet is to find a isolated island or Mars (any planet that can support life will do) . Away from humans and any governments
    i like government...

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts doctor

I mean, if you have an inferiority complex, Australia or GB is always open.

Fact: Oda will never introduce a character as useless as Kyuin.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Croc View Post
    I mean, if you have an inferiority complex, Australia or GB is always open.
    but I know I am better than everyone

It is just backwards things like this that annoy me. Granted I am from California so hell would have to freeze over for something like this to happen in my state... hopefully >_>

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts doctor

but I know I am better than everyone

It is just backwards things like this that annoy me. Granted I am from California so hell would have to freeze over for something like this to happen in my state... hopefully >_>
    It's anything but backwards. Look at InFamous' post; it's spot on.

Fact: Oda will never introduce a character as useless as Kyuin.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Croc View Post
    It's anything but backwards. Look at InFamous' post; it's spot on.
    -_- But it actually can. If it doesn't agree with the person's religion they could refuse them service . If a gay couple walks in holding hands, the owner has the right to just kick them out for it. Some religions discriminate of race and sex as well...

Spoiler!

Sanzen
    back on topic please