Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

One Piece Destiny Practice Game 2 Sign Up

One Piece Destiny Practice Game Sign Up:

The Theory of OPD
    • What is OPD?:

One Piece Destiny, or OPD, is a sort of roleplaying game. Players sign up, design a character, and are inserted into an One Piece-esque world (in the form of a unit map) where they can either be a Pirate or a Marine and generally run around killing other players.

It's a very basic concept and idea overall. Players can fight with one another, recruit fighters, form alliances, go on quests, win tournaments, storm prisons, and of course, search for One Piece.

Players submit their actions to the Game Master who will then post them in a daily writeup, outlining all of the major player actions of that phase.

The games generally have a lot of flexibility in the actions, and players are allowed to be as creative as they wan't provided it is logical.

Players are often assigned teams. For this game, players will be in teams of 3.

• How Do I Sign Up?:

Whoa whoa whoa! Slow down Eager McBeaver. Make sure you talk to veteran players (do this in the Discussion Thread please) so you know exactly what it is you're signing up for. OPD is a fairly time demanding game at certain points, and games can reach quite a length (last game went 2-3 months), so you best make sure you can actually commit to these games. No one likes a quitter.

As a practice game, you can expect this to go on for 2 weeks at the most (hopefully).

• What is this Game?:

This game is my first attempt at hosting an OPD game, and so in preparation of a bigger game I decided to maybe try my hand at hosting on a smaller scale. And thus this practice game was born.

This game is going to be similar to the previous OPD games, but I've revamped the combat system and some other minor aspects. Since everything I've altered and adjusted is all theory at the moment, I want to test it out, and that's where you guys come into play. This game is designed to test out how my changes work, if they're practical or not, and most importantly, if the changes retain the fun and competitive spirit that OPD has usually boasted.

Basically, this is a smaller game, with fewer players, and likely to be much shorter. I really just want you guys to run around beating the crap out of each other so I can test how good my combat revamps are.

• How Does Fighting Work?:

I'm gonna save the detailed explanation for the actual game thread (which I'll give you a day to read and digest), but I'll give you the general summary here:

Every player is given a group of stats. They are:

Power - Basically your power stat is the amount of base damage you can inflict upon a person.
      Speed - Ever important speed. Useful for sneak attacks, dodging, and buggering off.
      Defence/Koka Armament - Your guard essentially, this stat nullifies the damage taken by a certain degree.
      Observation - May or may not be in this game, but Observation can allow you to circumvent your opponents speed and sneak attacks or sense where they are if they are in close proximity.

Now you'll receive Lifepoints. Get hit by an attack that exceeds your current Lifepoints, and you'll die.

Characters can choose to have Devil Fruits or weapons/martial arts styles which can influence how much damage you do, how high your stats are, and how creative and strategic you can be in a fight. It's important to think smart when you fight.

Again, this is a practice game, so the rules for fighting are not concrete, and could be subject to change last minute.

Signing Up

OPB Username:
      Confirmation "I would like to play" is an example. Be creative here. I do so enjoy that.
      Character Race: See Below
      Fighting Style: See Below

• Character Races:

Human: The most cultured and numerous race of OPD, humans are you regular, everyday Joes. Small, tall, muscular, lanky, fat, slim etc. Just regular human beings like Vergo and Cavendish and Nami.

Base Stats:
      Power - 50
      Defence - 50
      Speed - 50

Fishmen: The part fish, part man monstrosities of the deep sea. Fishmen boast superior physical power and underwater speed to humans, but are generally slower on land. Think Jinbei, Fisher Tiger, and Arlong.

Base Stats:
      Power - 60
      Defence - 50
      Speed - 45 on land, 60 in water
      Other - Additional damage when Fishman uses Fishman Karate as Fighting Style.

Giant: The big, bulky men (and sometimes women) of the sea. They're many times the size of your average man, and much stronger physically as well. However, giants can be slow and clumsy. Think Hajrudin, John Giant, and Bastille.

Base Stats:
      Power - 70
      Defence - 55
      Speed - 30

Long-Arm: These weirdos have extra arm joints that can be manipulated in some oddly discomforting ways. But it gives you good reach and arm power I guess. Think Scratchman Apoo and Ideo.

Base Stats:
      Power - 58
      Defence - 42
      Speed - 50
      Other - Additional damage to all Boxing based attacks.

Long-Leg: Your boyfriend's favourite. These incredibly tall and occasionally spindly legged humans boast additional speed and kicking power. But they also have a defensive weakness, as their long legs make for a good target. Think Diamante and Bluegilly.

Base Stats:
      Power - 50
      Defence - 40
      Speed - 60
      Other - Additional damage in all kicking based Martial Arts.

Wotun: These horrifying hybrids of giants and fishmen (how... does that happen?)boast the best of both worlds. Underwater speed like no other, and ferocious power on land. Shame they're hideous though. Think Sebastian from that horrible One Piece OVA. Or that red haired guy from Long Ring Long Island.

Base Stats:
      Power - 60
      Defence - 50
      Speed - 35 on land (60 in water)

Merfolk: Ah Merfolk. The upper-crust of the underwater denizens, Merfolk have a unique array of powers. In water they're the fastest, and they can call on fish as well. On land however, Merfolk are woefully slow. Think Ryuuboshi and Neptune.

Base Stats:
      Power - 50
      Defence - 50
      Speed - 45 on land, 65 in water
      Other: Additional damage to all Merfolk attacks.

Dwarves: No, not the badass ones like Gimli or Dain. These horrid little beasts from Green Bit boast incredible speed and physical power. They're also small, low endurance, and annoying. Think Leo and Wicca.

Base Stats:
      Power - 55
      Defence - 40
      Speed - 60

• Cyborg: The metal men/women of the One Piece world. Like Ultron and Iron Man, or Franky and Scotch. Cyborgs have weapons and defence built into their very bodies.

Base Stats:
      Power - 50
      Defence - 70
      Speed - 40
      Other: Access to Cyborg Combat

• Fighting Styles:

Devil Fruits: Paramecia, Zoan, and Logia. If you choose Devil Fruit as your primary combat weapon, you will be randomly assigned a Devil Fruit from one of the three categories. All the fruits in this game will be Non-Canon Devil Fruits I came up with myself.

Devil Fruits can be applied in numerous strategic ways, so they're easily the most versatile weapons. They can boost your stats, lend you tactical advantages, allow you to let loose a powerful attack, and so on. All depends on luck of the draw.

Devil Fruits do have the disadvantage of being no good against an aquatic foe or against seastone or water in general.

Fencing: Thrusts, jabs, and disarming. A sword style that emphasizes duelling and individual targetting as opposed to broad scale attacks. Think Cavendish, Zombie Ryuuma, Brook, and Darth Tyranus.

X-toryu: A varied selection of blades for different forms and styles of combat, ranging from 1 sword to 10. Is capable of dealing a high degree of damage and has several attack counters in the fighting style that can do serious harm to an opponent.

Kitsunebi-ryu: Flame swords! Like Kin'emon, harness the power of the sun through swordsmanship and release waves of fire upon your opponents. Users can also cut apart explosions, nullifying the damage taken from them.

Newkama/Okama Kenpo: A wildly unpredictable fighting style that can circumvent defences or speed margins in combat when using Okama Kenpo, and can release large blasts with Newkama Kenpo.

Wrestling: The art of grappling and throwing. Submissions, dives, throws, and slams are all utilized in this combat style. Think Jesus Burgess, Senor Pink, Machvise, Rolling Logan, and the Raikage from Naruto Shippuden.

Marksmanship: Snipers, dual pistols, cannons, rockets, fireworks, and shotguns all here. Think your average Texan. Or Van Augur.

Hasshouken: Martial Arts that allows you to circumvent the Defence stat of your opponent and utilize various weapons in combat, such as axes, polearms, tonfas, and hammers.

Black Leg Style/Diable Jambe: A kick based martial arts style that boosts speed and allows for additional damage with fire attacks, as well as the capability to send opponents/allies/objects flying. Access to Sabaton Boots as a weapon.

Rokushiki: Acess to the six forms, which have various applications to stats and damage. Soru and Kami-e boost speed, Tekkai defence, Geppo for strategic purposes, and Rankyaku and Shigan for power attacks.

Boxing: Raw, brutal, quick punching. Simply smack your opponents away. Boxing has unusually quick attack speed, as well as access to powerful moves such as the mighty King Punch. Boxers also have some level of range, being able to send air blasts at their foes.

Fishman/Merman Combat: Use of Fishman Jujutsu and Fishman Karate for Fishmen players, and Merman Gujutsu and Merman Combat for Merfolk players. Can be used by humans, but has additional damage points for use by Fishmen or Mermen. Utilizes the water in your opponents and in your surroundings to deal damage, as well as utilize weapons for Merfolk. All battlefields will have lakes/rivers available for use of this skillset.

Pop Green Gunnery: The combat style of Usopp that revolves around using seeds that grow dangerous plant life as weaponry. Allows for ranged combat.

Weatheria Gunnery: Gunnery through pistols and rifles, and with the projectile being weather eggs and balls. Discharge lightning, shoot freezing rain, and create other wild and dangerous weather affects through fusing various weather balls. Like Nami can. Just with a gun.

Cyborg Ballistics: Can only be used by Cyborgs. Lasers, gatling guns, chainsaws, shock rods, water projectiles, flamethrowers are just some of the many options a player is allowed to select when choosing this style.

Polearmsmanship: Like Vergo or Oberyn Martell, spears, halberds, bamboo rods, lances, and other polearms can be wielded to great effect, making for a deadly combat style that operates quite well defensively and offensively.

Jio-ken/Life Return: Control your body and power to harness it as an elite weapon. Store energy for large scale power boosts and utilize your very own hair and nails as deadly weapons. Think Lao G and Kumadori.

• End of Sign Up and Game Start:

I'll likely be starting this game by this coming Tuesday, so try and get your submissions in by then. If you want to make any changes, just shoot me a VM or something.

I'm gonna close the sign up when I get around 16-20 players, so if I fail to tag certain people, please do it for me!

• Current Players
      • Loni - The Lonesome
      • Adachi - The Freudian Slip
      • KGB - The Alliteration
      • Rocinante - The Wrathful
      • Matternativ - The Needlessly Defiant
      • Ron Swanson - The Fedora
      • Kuza - The Remembered
      • Drasil - The Draconian
      • Andrew - The Malleable
      • Redeyes - The Khal
      • Desert Croc - The Superstar
      • SniperKing - The Furious
      • Hollow - The Vengeful
      • JustJacqui - The Just
      • Spiegel - The Decisively Indecisive
      • Gintoki - The Shimmering
      • Pride - The Selfless
      • Bartolomeo the Cannibal - The Vegetarian
      • Bambino - The Salient

Please discuss below!

Last edited by BTR; May 11th '15 at 04:30 PM.

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BTR For This Useful Post:

AndrewtheAmericanDude  (May 9th '15), Bartolomeo the Cannibal  (May 10th '15), Hollow  (May 11th '15), Joseph Joestar  (May 9th '15), JustJacqui  (May 12th '15), Loni  (May 9th '15), Prada  (May 9th '15), Ron Swanson  (May 9th '15), Spiegel  (May 13th '15)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

First

OPB username: Loni
    Race: Dwarf
    Fighting style: Devil fruit
    Confirmation: i am in

@BTR edited the race part
    Last edited by Loni; May 10th '15 at 06:53 AM.

Manga
    Thriller Bark
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

OPB Username: Adachi
    Confirmation: Why do I even have to confirm
    Character Race: Human
    Fighting Style: df master race

2nd for Matt is salty

Quote Originally Posted by edd View Post
    rise-chan is heavily overrated tbh

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

OPB Username: Rocinante(subject to change!)
    Confirmation: I am NOT hungover
    Character Race: Cyborg
    Fighting Style: Devil Fruit. If you think there's too many who's picked DF, then I can use Polearmsmanship.
    Last edited by Nekomamushi; May 9th '15 at 07:18 PM.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    G-8
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin archeologist

Name: Le KGB
    Status: Seeks solitude so self suggested sighning since such serves self
    Fighting Style: Fencing (naturally)
    Race: Human
    Ash Seeketh Ember

Archbishop of Banterbury Ron Swanson's Avatar
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Name: Swan Ronson
    Confirmation: You have my sword.
    Race: Longleg or no leg.
    Fighting style: I'll take DF. In case too many people take this and you therefore can't properly experiment or check the balance of different fighting styles or whatever, I'll take Life Return instead. For science!

Here's to feeling good all the time.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman

OPB Username: Matternativ
    Confirmation Potatoe
    Character Race: Human
    Fighting Style: DF
    "Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your discostick!"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman engineer

OPB Username: kuza
    Confirmation: would like to play, die and be atleast mentioned in scenario.
    Character Race: Dwarf(tontatta)
    Fighting Style: Devil fruit

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

OPB Username: Drasil
    Confirmation: I came here to drink chocolate milk, and kick zex's ass, and I am all out of chocolate milk
    Spoiler!

Fighting Style: Cyborg Ballistics
    @BTR Changed the devil fruit to Cyborg Ballistics
    Last edited by Joseph Joestar; May 9th '15 at 07:54 PM.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Thriller Bark
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Drasil View Post
    OPB Username: Joseph
    Confirmation: I wish to play