Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Fla. mother jailed for refusing court order to circumcise her son

Source: Mom Jailed Over Circumcision Dispute With Son's Father

Heather Hironimus does not want her son to be circumcised -- and she's been jailed for refusing to cooperate with a court order to do so.

The Florida mother has been in custody since Thursday after going missing for several months with her 4-year-old son, allegedly to avoid circumcising him, according to court records.

Hironimus has been fighting a legal battle for more than a year with the 4-year-old boy's father, Dennis Nebus, over circumcising the child -- a disagreement that began even before the child was born, the court documents show. The couple briefly agreed on circumcision in 2012, when they split up, but Hironimus changed her mind, according to ABC affiliate WPLG.

Hironimus lost a legal battle with Nebus in May 2014, when a Palm Beach County judge ruled that the boy should be circumcised, according to the Orlando Sun Sentinel.

In March 2015, the judge ordered Hironimus to bring the boy in to schedule the circumcision procedure, according to the Sun Sentinel.

But Hironimus never showed up in court, prompting a warrant for her arrest, the newspaper reported, also noting that she avoided being arrested because she was living in a domestic violence shelter.

Hironimus filed a federal suit against both Nebus and the judge last month, claiming that her son did not have a medical need to be circumcised, had expressed that he did not want to be circumcised and was afraid of the procedure.

At the boy's age, the Hironimuss federal complaint says, there could be negative psychological effects resulting from circumcision.

She has been in Broward County Jail since Thursday on Palm Beach County charges, including interference with custody and writ of bodily attachment, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's office.

Hironimus's lawyer did not return multiple requests for comment from ABC News.

ABC News was not able to reach Nebus.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

why are the weird ones always from Florida?

Either way this whole thing is just crazy Since when do courts get involved in this?

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

This could have happened anywhere, not just Florida.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
    This could have happened anywhere, not just Florida.
    I know, but when I used to watch SXEPhilp, all the crazy news stories were from Florida

whose side are you one Mr. Redeyes? I think it is kinda of a stupid thing all around

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Drasil View Post
    I know, but when I used to watch SXEPhilp, all the crazy news stories were from Florida

whose side are you one Mr. Redeyes? I think it is kinda of a stupid thing all around
    I do not know the show, but, they were very bias. There are crazy stories all over.

This is a very sensitive case. The mother agreed to it and then changed her mind. So, you have to side with the father with the current known facts - unless she shows a reason for why she changed her mind

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
    I do not know the show, but, they were very bias. There are crazy stories all over.

This is a very sensitive case. The mother agreed to it and then changed her mind. So, you have to side with the father with the current known facts - unless she shows a reason for why she changed her mind
    The guy was from Florida originally, just happened that a lot of the crazy ones were from Florida

I just think it is such a small stupid thing to argue about, though not following a court order is a bit odd

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by PicaBoo View Post
    Unless it was for medical reasons it would never happen here.
    I was not talking about circumcisions. I meant "crazy" or "weird" news.

Seriously, the heck? Should have done it right away...he's older now and I agree it could impact him psychologically unless they sleep him and do it? How would they do it to older children?...I don't want to imagine this. @_@
    The law is the law...if she lost, she probably can't do much about it.

Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by N o i r View Post
    Seriously, the heck? Should have done it right away...he's older now and I agree it could impact him psychologically unless they sleep him and do it? How would they do it to older children?...I don't want to imagine this. @_@
    The law is the law...if she lost, she probably can't do much about it.
    Probably be affected more by the sadness he feels after he grows up and he can't feel the full delight he was meant to as he busts nuts.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Drasil View Post
    why are the weird ones always from Florida?
    I reeally don't think you can afford to judge them as a Californian

And yeah, a 4-year-old should definitely not be circumcised. Then again the mother had agreed to the circumcision earlier, so her conviction is actually legit.
    Last edited by SniperKing; May 21st '15 at 08:32 AM.