Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Next Nakama

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Did anyone mention Pudding as nakama - or at least Sanji's wife? I just want him to lose his pervy side cause its annoying af
    Probably and hopefully not, Oda doesn't like changing characters niches, taking away sanji's pervy side would same as taking away zoros absence of sense of direction
    There is a secret...

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    chef

Quote Originally Posted by Eco Seis View Post
    Reiju needs to either lead and cleanse the Germa 66, but by her words that's almost impossible, they're rotten to the core, or leading the scientific department/division for The Revo's.
    And that is the reason why Sanji should get her out of that mess. It's been too long since we've got an interesting female character in OP (all generic and one dimensional af) and it would be waste to make her a forgotten side character.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Did anyone mention Pudding as nakama - or at least Sanji's wife? I just want him to lose his pervy side cause its annoying af
    I would not really like her as nakama, her powers are too haxed for that, but I wouldn't mind if Sanji promised that he'd come back for Pudding at the end of his journey, after Luffy becomes Pirate King and he finds All Blue, and changes his womanizer ways towards women because of his promise towards her.

On the other hand, Sanji has really been nailing it with the women since the Time Skip got cuddles with mermaids in Fishman Island, got in Nami's body in Punk Hazard , got a kiss and a change of heart from Viola on Dressrosa and now he got a wife-to-be after his 2 years in Hell, he truly deserved it
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Uta View Post
    And that is the reason why Sanji should get her out of that mess. It's been too long since we've got an interesting female character in OP (all generic and one dimensional af) and it would be waste to make her a forgotten side character.
    So true, we must wait and see what Oda-sensei is planning for her future, I too really like the character, I hope it's a satisfying role.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

So there has been this theory going around that in the cover of chapter 861, we had cats representing the Straw Hats, but there's 13 cats and there's only 10 Straw Hats atm, so many people think that the other 3 may be the next Nakama.

Here's the image.

I'll just paraphrase what's been going around:

- 1 is Nami for laying under an umbrella while sleeping.
    - 2 has a waistband and is pass out drunk like Zoro.
    - 3 is either Usopp or Franky due to his glasses (Franky uses them when working on something) and the speedos
    - 4 has Robin-like shades, so most think it represents Robin
    - 5 is said to be Chopper, due to the unusual way of peeing (although, yes, Chopper peeks the other way around ....)
    - 6 is most likely Sanji for having his left eye covered and eyeballing Robin
    - 7 is Brook, as he is quite chilled and even slept with Big Mom
    - 8 is usually a hard one, some say it's Luffy, some say it isn't
    - 9 is another hard one, some say it's Usopp because he's close to cat no.1 (Nami) and they're always the weakling duo, plus the fact that his ears are hidden and Usopp's ears Post Time Skip are always covered by his head phones. Personally, the connection I'd make is the fact he is looking into the horizon, and Usopp is a sniper, so 1+1=2
    - 10 has a sake cup and a cloak just like Jinbe had last chapter (curious that this cover page was before the current 863 chapter ... )

At this point we've run out of Straw Hats, so people assume the remaining cats are the next nakama:

- 11 is Pedro, because of his stripped tail and his hidden eye (Pedro only has one eye)
    - 12 is Pudding because of that dark shape it has in the middle of the forehead, and the theories connect that with Pudding growing her bangs to hide her third eye, plus the way it seems its looking at the 6th cat (Sanji)
    - 13 some say it looks like Carrot

What do you guys think? Imo, I think it's a bit of a stretch. If anything, the cover page could be representing the SH and the main allies of the current arc. Or Oda did base himself on the SH for some cats, while for others he didn't, as there's some connections who are kind of a stretch (cat no. 5, 7, 8, 9, and so on)

Do you think Oda is foreshadowing the next nakamas? Do you think it's just a coincidence?
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Carrot is the best candidate for the Next Nakama after Jinbei joined.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Ever since Jinbe joined the Straw Hats after Luffy said "I am your captain now!" in chapter 901, I think back to that quote Oda said in a 2014 interview:

"And there will be new nakama, they will show up successively."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman thief

I don't think we'll have any further members after Jinbe. I mean I know about the whole 10 people for the journey thing Luffy said at the beginning of the series. I also know about the 2 empty spots in the vivre card data books at no.11 and 12. But I just don't think there is anyone suitable who has a strong bond with Luffy like he has with his crewmates.

At least no one introduced after the timeskip. Characters like Carrot don't have any sort of strong Nakama like bonding with him.

The skills, powers and characteristics are irrelevant if they don't connect with Luffy.
    I mean the crews been through a lot and they have a really strong connection with each other, this kind of connection hasn't been replicated by any of the companions or new characters so far in the series(except Bon chan).
    I just don't think it makes sense story wise.
    Last edited by Scepter; Jan 12th '19 at 05:31 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

it's Jinbe and Vivi and that's it. Carrot is a very poor option. I wanted Pedro to join as he fits better but he's gone. Maybe a Samurai can join if they're really impactful. I'm thinking someone like Shutenmaru who followed Oden and was surprised by Luffy's CoC.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

After Jinbei, I think it's among these 3

Carrot - very likely
    Raizo - very likely
    Kiku - not as likely
    Casual: OP is just power levels

Me: