Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Halloween Scavenger Hunt Redux!!!

Well, well, well... it appears that it's that time again, and I've heard your cries people! There will be another Halloween Scavenger Hunt! The theme of this hunt is Find Pandaman!!

Now, here's how things will work:

There are 4 hidden images of Pandaman (kindly and graciously provided by @Stripes and the GFX team) scattered throughout OPB. I will reveal a clue for each of these hidden images over the course of the next two days. The Hunt will run until the end of November 2nd, at which point no more submissions will be accepted.

Now, as always, we have some awards and prizes to reward those of you dedicated enough to find Pandaman.

If you find 2 of the 4 hidden images, you will be rewarded with a Ghost of Halloween Award:

If you find all 4 of the hidden images you will also be rewarded with an Elite Pandaman Award:

Other Rewards?

Alright, that about does it! All images found in the hunt must be PM'd to myself, @ShichiDrewKai, with a title that makes it clear this is related to the halloween hunt. Ideally, both the image and the url will be included for each image found.

You may discuss/lament/praise in the discussion thread here.
    Go Hunt! There may be extra hints on IRC starting sometime tomorrow
    Last edited by Big Mom; Oct 30th '15 at 01:21 AM.

Spoiler!

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Big Mom For This Useful Post:

akatsukigogeta  (Nov 1st '15), Broken Ace  (Oct 30th '15), Divine  (Oct 30th '15), Gir  (Oct 30th '15), Jam  (Oct 30th '15), Kikyo  (Oct 30th '15), Laboon  (Oct 31st '15), Misty  (Oct 30th '15), Nexus  (Oct 30th '15), Overhaul  (Oct 30th '15), Owner Zeff  (Oct 31st '15), Pride  (Oct 30th '15), Rayleigh  (Oct 30th '15), Rise-Chan  (Oct 30th '15), SniperKing  (Oct 30th '15), Specter  (Oct 30th '15), Tifa  (Oct 30th '15), usso  (Oct 30th '15), Vergil  (Oct 31st '15)

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Now, this first one's a gimme...

Just to be clear, these are all scrambled Names, or parts of Names. For example, Monkey D. Garp could show up as Monkey, or Garp, or as his full name - spoiler: Monkey D. Garp is not one of the names used. Unscramble the names and solve the final puzzle!
    Last edited by Big Mom; Oct 30th '15 at 01:20 AM.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Now, the time has come to release a hint for the Second Pandaman image!

And, since I'm a nerd, I will give this hint the best way I can: With Math!

I am going to give you three number puzzles/problems, and you will find three numbers. These three numbers will lead you to the Second Image. The first two numbers will use the same puzzle:

A function takes a finite amount of numbers as input and outputs a single number. If I were to put in (1,2,3) as the input, the output of the function would be 12.

The function works by multiplying the first number by the second, then the second by the third, the third by the fourth, and so on. This process is repeated until one number is left. In the example above, (1,2,3)=12.

Now, Find the following values:

x = (3,2,1,7)

y = (7,1,2)

The third number, z, can be found by evaluating the following expression: 1024^.1

The 2nd Pandaman image can be found with the numbers in this order: x/y/z

Spoiler!

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Pandaman Image #3 Hint

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaman

Looking for number 3?

Then come try and find me
    anda:

Note: I need more than just the link when you e-mail this one, like #1 . Provide a description of where/how you found it. A screen shot will also work

Spoiler!

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Pandaman Image #4 Hint

This one may take a little time

Like the last one, I need a description of how you found the last image, or a screen shot, in addition to the last image itself. Good Luck!!

Spoiler!

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

That does it, everybody! No more submissions! (As of ~30 mins ago)

Here is a list of everybody that participated! Everyone with 2 awards gets the Ghost of Halloween Award, and everyone who found all 4 will get the Pandaman Award. Each image found earns 500 beli! RPers may choose to opt for 25,000 gold or 50 EXP per image found, so please let me know what your preference is!

Participants
    1. @Magmorphic - 1st place, Mag gets first choice of 2 Special RP items (And 200 EXP for the 4 awards)
    2. @Rayleigh - 2nd place, Rayleigh chose to forgo the beli bonus, allowing it to go to other participants!
    3. @SniperKing - 3rd place, SniperKing wins the 10,000 beli bonus (for a total of 12,000)
    4. @Nise - Bonus 5,000 beli (7,000 total)
    5. @Kaeyuu - Earns 3rd choice of the 4 RP prizes (200 EXP in place of beli?)
    6. @Pride - Bonus 2,500 beli (4,500 total)
    7. @N o i r
    8. @Kikyo - Last Special RP Price (200 EXP)
    9. @HalfTheMask (100,000 gold, or 200 EXP?)
    10. @Broken Ace
    11. @Wilhelm (200 EXP)
    12. @Darkmithra
    13. @Jon Snow
    14. @Going Merry (200 EXP?)
    15. @Eon
    16. @Vergil
    17. @Gir
    18. @Misty
    19. @Keistl
    20. @Divine
    21. @Loni
    22. @akatsukigogeta
    23. @Laboon
    24. @BlackLeg
    25. @AppleCider
    26. @Saffron (200 EXP)
    27. @Shinigami
    28. @Smoove (200 EXP?)
    29. @usso
    30. @letsjam21
    31. @Red (3 images found - let me know if you want that award or not)
    32. @Lomsik (3 images found)
    33. @gerakilykos (3 images found)
    34. @Lee (2 images found, 100 EXP?)
    35. @Owner Zeff - 1 image found

Find me and let me know if you want a different bonus reward then mentioned, or to confirm. I got your VM's @Saffron, @Kikyo, and @Wilhelm. You're all down for EXP
    Last edited by Big Mom; Nov 3rd '15 at 08:33 AM.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Answers

1. Hint number 1 was a word jumble who's final answer was 'Privacy Policy'. If you go to the Privacy Policy, there was a link at the top 'BHP'. Clicking on that gives you the first image
      Spoiler!

For Reference, The jumble went as follows:
      Spoiler!
    2. Hint Number 2 was the number puzzles. The decoded numbers were 168/14/2.
      Spoiler!

These were coordinates for a pandaman location (and actually one of pandamans locations in the manga FYI). The numbers stood for Chapter/Page/Panel
      Spoiler!
    3. Number 3 was a little too obvious I suppose. The clue was that the message was framed inside a quote. This signaled people to believe there is a member named Pandaman. Look him up (Either through the member list under the quick links, or just searching for pandaman in the search bar), and you find Pandaman. The third image is his profile picture
      Spoiler!
    4. Number 4 was a bit of a mislead. It doesn't actually lead to the last image but to another clue. The picture was of a panda and a birthday party. So, go to birthday alley, find pandaman's birthday thread, and you get here. You could also see pandaman's birthday on his profile to find the date his birthday threas was created. The opening post was edited with this message:
      Spoiler!

This last hint tells you to look for the right instance of the pandaman award. There were only 4 or 5 people on site with that award, and I was one of them. I hid the link to the last image in the message associated with my pandaman award. At the bottom of my activity page, next to the pandaman award was the weirdly coded (sorry, not a professional ) message that read "What's this?" Click on that to find number 4
      Spoiler!

Thanks again for playing, I hope it was enjoyable

And I'll have to make it harder next time

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin

@ShichiDrewKai The last one would have been harder for those people who don't have all panda people as friends lol I only had you and Solaire, I don't even know who the other two people were

Unless they thought of looking into the previous contest thread.. last one was a tough one, I honestly think it was luck I got it... pure luck.

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

The other trick was that I didn't actually place the panda images until before the hint went up. I think Merry, and Misty and AC all said they looked at pandaman's profile or my award before the hint went up and didn't see anything,

Spoiler!

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman doctor

We still have the right to call you Hitler and hit you as well. So run! <3

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast