Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

2016 Contests

Happy New Year again, guys!

We look forward to having a fun year with you all and one way to achieve this is through our contests where you can express your talent, creativity and humor. So go >HERE< and get wild!

Contests which are currently running at full steam:
    • Monthly Chess Contest hosted by @Keistl
    • Literature Of The Week hosted by @Gir
    • Profile Contest hosted by @BlackLeg
    • Text Of The Week hosted by @SniperKing
    • Fill Up the Bubble hosted by @Misty

Contests where we need new blood among the participants (and hosts for some):
    • Manga Coloring hosted by @Black Star
    • Art Of The Month hosted by @N o i r
    • Rage Comic Of The Week hosted by @KGB
    • Signature Of The Week hosted by @Bonnie Kurei
    • Avatar Of The Week hosted by @Rain

If you're up to the challenge, do join and/or help out. You can also choose to simply follow the contests and support the participants and hosts with your votes... simply having a decent audience really helps to motivate them and it can be a fun time for you too. Currently, the LotW needs your vote. So get started, friends!

The thread will stay open for some time so the hosts can post a little something to promote their contests if they wish and for people to give suggestions. A big thanks to everyone for your time! Best wishes to you all and your families for 2016!

Oh and our awards are really cool too!

Edit: You guys might also want to subscribe to this thread for updates
    Last edited by Going Merry; Jan 3rd '16 at 06:48 AM.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Going Merry For This Useful Post:

Blast  (Jan 3rd '16), Derfel  (Jan 3rd '16), Gir  (Jan 3rd '16), Hakuryuaa  (Jan 3rd '16), Jam  (Jan 4th '16), Kikyo  (Jan 3rd '16), Laboon  (Jan 3rd '16), Loni  (Jan 3rd '16), Min  (Jan 3rd '16), Misty  (Jan 3rd '16), Nexus  (Jan 3rd '16), Overhaul  (Jan 4th '16), Owner Zeff  (Jan 3rd '16), Protect And Serve  (Jan 4th '16), Rayleigh  (Jan 3rd '16), Rise-Chan  (Jan 3rd '16), Rohan  (Jan 3rd '16), ShichiDrewKai  (Jan 3rd '16), SniperKing  (Jan 3rd '16), The Pirate Prince  (Jan 4th '16), Tifa  (Jan 3rd '16), Toon Link  (Jan 5th '16), usso  (Jan 3rd '16), Uta  (Jan 3rd '16), VisibleSpectra  (Jan 7th '16), Zanshin  (Jan 3rd '16)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Thanks for the thread Merry!

As you folks can see I'm the current host of Text of the Week. The goal in this contest is to create funny text message convos using generators that can be found online. Here's an example from the Christmas themed contest we just threw (credit Zanshin):

Spoiler!

After the entry phase there's a vote in which the members of the community get to choose the winners. The victorious participants are then rewarded with Beli and a buttload of fame, naturally. Additionally the person to finish first gets this awesome award (right below this paragraph) along with a "wanted username" to showcase his/her success. Sometimes I might give out some additional surprise rewards too

Got interested? There's an entry phase going on right now, so why not join? This is the ultimate chance for you to make us giggle while giving something to the community and maybe even having some fun while doing it.

More info about the contest can be found here. What are you waiting for?

Oh, and I wish you all a prosperous new year as well!
    Last edited by SniperKing; Jan 4th '16 at 11:35 PM.

Manga
    Jaya
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin smith

Which contest need hosts? I might be able to help

Frankenstein | Seaman Apprentice | 4 | Travel Logo | Move Set

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
    Which contest need hosts? I might be able to help
    Rage Comic of the Week might need a new host cause I haven't heard from KGB in a long while although I keep asking him when is the next contest. It so happened that this was the only contest I was good at and where I won two awards

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Going Merry View Post
    Rage Comic of the Week might need a new host cause I haven't heard from KGB in a long while although I keep asking him when is the next contest. It so happened that this was the only contest I was good at and where I won two awards
    What about new contests? Shinigami gave a good idea about one and lots of people liked it. It was mini clip 8 ball.

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman engineer

I can host some contest if needed

"Might controls everything - and without strength, you cannot protect anything; let alone yourself."

Manga
    Jaya
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin smith

Quote Originally Posted by Going Merry View Post
    Let me know if you need any help xD And what about the AoTW? I wwanted to participate a while ago but I found it dead. Maybe it is time to give it another shot!

Frankenstein | Seaman Apprentice | 4 | Travel Logo | Move Set

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Let me know if you need any help xD And what about the AoTW? I wwanted to participate a while ago but I found it dead. Maybe it is time to give it another shot!
    Wouldn't it be smarter to revive contests that could last? AoTW died because people weren't good at art enough i suppose

Rage comic of the week contest on the other hand

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I made a suggestion a while ago about another contest. It's similar to Monthly Chess Contest.

This is the thread I made: 8-Ball Pool Tournament

It's still only a suggestion but I've been thinking about testing it, lately. There are people that like the idea but it's been quiet for a while. I'd like to hear some comments from you guys to see if people like the idea, so that we can test it and see how it goes.

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Derfel View Post
    What about new contests? Shinigami gave a good idea about one and lots of people liked it. It was mini clip 8 ball.
    Yes, we're taking new suggestions as well. I will check with Shinigami to see where he is with that proposition

Quote Originally Posted by Vergil View Post
    I can host some contest if needed
    Cool, thank you!

I think Art of the Month is already up there among those we want to revive

Edit

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
    I made a suggestion a while ago about another contest. It's similar to Monthly Chess Contest.

This is the thread I made: 8-Ball Pool Tournament

It's still only a suggestion but I've been thinking about testing it, lately. There are people that like the idea but it's been quiet for a while. I'd like to hear some comments from you guys to see if people like the idea, so that we can test it and see how it goes.
    Talk about the devil o_o

Yes, let's have a test run and see how well it works. I'm gonna beat you all though
    Last edited by Going Merry; Jan 3rd '16 at 02:52 PM.