Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLeg View Post
    Yeah, I'll add it the one day rest being Punk Hazard
    Since the manga didn't show them actually resting 1 day, just 1 night between Punk Hazard and Dressrosa, I don't think there's a whole 1 day gap between it. Also. Doflamingo reached Punk Hazard from Dressrosa and back really fast. Less than one day, 2 trips.

It's not that Luffy's stamina is really shit imo. It's just that Jinbe & Ace were equal. So were Jack and Inu/Neko and Aokiji vs Akainu. Luffy didn't find an opponent equal to him
    Doflamingo would probably be tho if Luffy didn't use G4. They were kind of equally trading blows before that. What pushed Luffy to use G4 was the Bird Cage.

I think it would be hard for Oda to cover a Luffy fight that lasts more than one day tho
    However, if you consider Arcs like Alabasta and Enies Lobby, and even Dressrosa, Luffy fought the whole day. And in Alabasta, he fought the villain 3 times.
    That's even worse

The problem is, even if he does, he always has a trump card/strong attack that his foes can't take it
    Well I actually think that Doffy > Luffy no G4, since Doffy's haki was stronger than base Luffy's.

I know, it sucks... So he'll just keep on defeating foes in one day until the last battle/war?

Luffy fought the whole day but was in a weak/bad condition each time. I don't think he could last for more than a day after each battle.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo Ren View Post
    Nice thread. It does look like Oda has been making more of a conscious effort to show how time spans in the NW. At least since they arrived there, after FI.
    Thanks

Yeah. I think it's a lot harder to determine how the time passed in Paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    Yeah I couldn't decide about that myself either and one more. Like, Luffy says he needs 3 days, but at what time of the day does he say that? If it's late, then it doesn't count. If it isn't, then it counts as a day.

If you determine what day they leave Dressrosa, then that's day 1 out of the 7 they have been travelling.

I hope I don't confuse you more, I think I am not that clear right now
    Nah, didn't confuse me, I think I got it

If you check the main post, I think the "17 days ago" and the time of the other events will fit nicely.
    I think what Luffy meant is, after that, he needed 3 days, counting since he used G4 to the limit. So the next day, would be 1 day of rest already.

And about the week they traveled. I figured it started counting after they left Dressrosa. So, leaving Dressrosa was kind of Day 0, then the day after was the Day 1 of the Week they took to reach Zou. Hope you get what I mean
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMahBelly View Post
    That's even worse

The problem is, even if he does, he always has a trump card/strong attack that his foes can't take it
    Well I actually think that Doffy > Luffy no G4, since Doffy's haki was stronger than base Luffy's.

I know, it sucks... So he'll just keep on defeating foes in one day until the last battle/war?

Luffy fought the whole day but was in a weak/bad condition each time. I don't think he could last for more than a day after each battle.
    Perhaps ... but I read a bit of Enies Lobby right now. And Luffy was fighting Lucci almost the entire time the other fights were going on. Lucci and Luffy were pretty much equal.

Yeah, Doffy's haki is stronger than G2 Luffy. But Luffy seemed faster than Doffy. However, Doffy had the advantage of keeping the distance, and therefore, being able to dodge. Because at close range, he wasn't able to dodge many of Luffy's attacks.
    So if Luffy didn't need to use G4, I think they could keep going at it for a long while.

I think it would suck worse if we got stuck 10 chapters on a 5 days fight. Just focused on that. It would be tiring and boring, even for us. So I don't mind that Luffy's fights don't take more than 1 day.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Perhaps ... but I read a bit of Enies Lobby right now. And Luffy was fighting Lucci almost the entire time the other fights were going on. Lucci and Luffy were pretty much equal.

Yeah, Doffy's haki is stronger than G2 Luffy. But Luffy seemed faster than Doffy. However, Doffy had the advantage of keeping the distance, and therefore, being able to dodge. Because at close range, he wasn't able to dodge many of Luffy's attacks.
    So if Luffy didn't need to use G4, I think they could keep going at it for a long while.

I think it would suck worse if we got stuck 10 chapters on a 5 days fight. Just focused on that. It would be tiring and boring, even for us. So I don't mind that Luffy's fights don't take more than 1 day.
    I know, I even gave it as an example but even tho' they were equals, Luffy couldn't move anymore after their fight. That's why I think his stamina compared to others is shit

Well, depends. Doffy was able to dodge an attack from G4, so I think he can move pretty fast if he concentrates or something lol. The question is will Luffy survive more than 1 day of fighting.

I know, and I don't want it too, but it still sucks that we can't "know" if he can keep up fighting more than a day. Maybe it will happen, and we'll see only the highlights.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by TouchMahBelly View Post
    I know, I even gave it as an example but even tho' they were equals, Luffy couldn't move anymore after their fight. That's why I think his stamina compared to others is shit

Well, depends. Doffy was able to dodge an attack from G4, so I think he can move pretty fast if he concentrates or something lol. The question is will Luffy survive more than 1 day of fighting.

I know, and I don't want it too, but it still sucks that we can't "know" if he can keep up fighting more than a day. Maybe it will happen, and we'll see only the highlights.
    Yeah, a ranged G4 attack. Doffy has the advantage in long range. But even then he got hit by it.

I think Luffy could. G2 definitely doesn't burden him and exhaust him as much as it used to, so I think he could keep fighting for a long time.

Perhaps. That way it would be cool. Imagine Oda focusing on the different straw hats and prolonging the fight for a day or 2

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Thanks

Yeah. I think it's a lot harder to determine how the time passed in Paradise
    Yer whalecum

Definitely! I think it's impossible I mean, it's simple in certain ways, like it being five days before Ace's execution, or whatever it was, but it's generally impossible.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Yeah, a ranged G4 attack. Doffy has the advantage in long range. But even then he got hit by it.

I think Luffy could. G2 definitely doesn't burden him and exhaust him as much as it used to, so I think he could keep fighting for a long time.

Perhaps. That way it would be cool. Imagine Oda focusing on the different straw hats and prolonging the fight for a day or 2
    Well Luffy moved towards Doffy, but yeah...

Yeah, but how long?

I think it'll probably happen on the last war, where I guess every character will participate in

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin archeologist

Excuse me if someone already posted this but, didn't Big Mom say that the tea party was in "4 days" while Luffy was on Fishman Island? I'm a bit confused because I thought Sanji's wedding and the tea party were going to be one event... but isn't it implied that the party hasn't happened yet? @_@ @BlackLeg

Women of Anime series.
    Acknowledging the often overlooked feminine heroes of anime & manga.

Ghost in the Shell Series

Motoko Kusanagi

Get to know her.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by RobinNico View Post
    Excuse me if someone already posted this but, didn't Big Mom say that the tea party was in "4 days" while Luffy was on Fishman Island? I'm a bit confused because I thought Sanji's wedding and the tea party were going to be one event... but isn't it implied that the party hasn't happened yet? @_@ @BlackLeg
    I don't think the date of the tea party was ever revealed, but I could be wrong.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman engineer

Quote Originally Posted by RobinNico View Post
    Looking at the timeline it appears that before the Tea Party happened, DD was felled by Luffy. That means Sanji's father found out about his son still being alive before the Tea Party was executed, which is why Capone tried to kill Sanji when he encountered him near DR but was friendly to him on Zou.
    That leaves 2 possibilities: There are 2 Tea Party's within a short amount of time or the original date was postponed after the Vinsmoke's contacted BM and came up with the wedding. I'm leaning more towards the latter because otherwise the Tamatebako did already explode and I doubt BM would be so friendly to a guy whose captain is responsible for an assassination attempt on herself.

I don't think the date of the tea party was ever revealed, but I could be wrong.
    It was.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
    Looking at the timeline it appears that before the Tea Party happened, DD was felled by Luffy. That means Sanji's father found out about his son still being alive before the Tea Party was executed, which is why Capone tried to kill Sanji when he encountered him near DR but was friendly to him on Zou.
    That leaves 2 possibilities: There are 2 Tea Party's within a short amount of time or the original date was postponed after the Vinsmoke's contacted BM and came up with the wedding. I'm leaning more towards the latter because otherwise the Tamatebako did already explode and I doubt BM would be so friendly to a guy whose captain is responsible for an assassination attempt on herself.

It was.
    Oh ok, thanks.
    Yes, right now it looks like Big Mom really enjoys her tea

Updated the main post with it and with Day 14.