View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll

1 2.27%

0 0%

1 2.27%

17 38.64%

25 56.82%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts chef

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
    Cracker didn't completely block Luffy's G3.
    He was more like taping it to the side with his shield, so that he won't get hit by it's full force.

Here:
    Post Panel after intial attack and says he tap it . Go back to one panel back and see G3 attack Cracker , he defend it and overpower Luffy and throws him and stomp him to ground

The only attack that Cracker actually blocked completely, proceed to stomp Luffy to ground

Spoiler!

Credit for Ava/ Sig: Creater

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Good call, though I think Oda probably meant it to be a "total nullification" and overpowering of Elephant Gun. It's still done with the aid of DF of course.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuryuaa View Post
    Post Panel after intial attack and says he tap it . Go back to one panel back and see G3 attack Cracker , he defend it and overpower Luffy and throws him and stomp him to ground

The only attack that Cracker actually blocked completely, proceed to stomp Luffy to ground
    It was a shield tilt to the side, to avoid the full impact of G3. That was pretty obvious.

After that Luffy lost his balance in mid air, that's when Cracker started running towards him, taking advantage of the situation. Sending a guy flying is easy, specially when he's in mid air.
    That happens a lot to OP fighters when they get caught while in mid air. There's basically no resistance.

There was was no direct block and there was no overpowering G3.
    The only overpowering part was when Cracker pushed Luffy down. Since they both had a foothold.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuryuaa View Post
    Comparing Spider with Cracker

Did Doflamingo abosorb any force from G3 Luffy like Cracker ?
    Did Doflamingo overpower G3 force with pure physical strength ?

Nope
    He did, with spider thread.
    And then he blocked Luffy's double culverin with Awakening. Not physical force, but his Df powers.

Also, one can't deny that having 2extra legs plays a part on Cracker strength, either you think he overpowered G3 or tilted it to the side to take advantage of Luffy's lack of footing, his Df powerplayed a part in it, not his physical strength only.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Luffy said Cracker's Haki is stronger than anyone he had come across. Means his Haki is even stronger than Mingo. Saying this, I just remembered Pica's words to Zoro and the latter's answer.

Spoiler!

The panels sure say if one's Haki is stronger than the other's, weak can't harm the stronger one. It also means the person who has stronger haki can defeat the the person who has weak Haki than the former as Zoro showed us. Doesn't it mean Cracker is stronger than Mingo?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
    I am disappointed to see that pre-G4 Luffy was not enough; but Cracker got one shotted by G4. Damn. Oda is great; he does not give me what I wanted, he gives me something better. That is just good story writing. But, I may have underestimated the gap between G2/G3 and G4. It is huge, he went from being on a losing side of a fight to winning in one hit against a Top 3 commander. Even if Cracker gets up, his shields are no more (and useless), and does not seem to have the speed to counter. Doflamingo was obviously stronger than this guy, unless there is a dramatic role reversal.
    So am I. I know what you think of WB Commanders but still a coomander sent an Admiral flying with simple haki coated kick. It wasn't a fancy move like G4 but a simple kick. Whereas Luffy wasn't able to do so to a commander(who we think are lesser than the Admirals) unless activated G4 and his Targets are actually Yonko not commanders.So can we really say he is up there with them with his base? Oda is showing that the commanders are more than you bargain for. This is good in all but not for Luffy.

Anyway I'd say he is far from being one-shotted before showing us why the hell his epithet is Thousand Hands.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLeg View Post
    I don't look at it that way. His attacks, offense, were not affected. But just like his endurance, defense and speed were affected after Leo Bazooka, so they were after Gamma Knife imo. Which allowed Luffy to deal damage in Base form, while after a bit, even his G2 hits couldn't hurt Doffy.

Yeah, it either looks like Luffy haki improved, or Cracker sword sucks compared to Hody's teeth and Doffy's strings.

Nah, not like that. I think Urouge defeat was recent. It explains why we saw him recovering on a Sky Island. So I think Bege was already under Big Mom when he got defeated, and that he did not save Urouge because they're on the same team or they're friends, but just because he's not loyal to Big Mom and is acting behind her back to defeat her. Hence why he saved someone who defeated one of her Commanders.
    Kong Gun threw him far away to the ground in an instant yet his wounds didn't open. Then got attacked by Rhino Schneider. He evaded one culverine(IIRC) with his speed after KG and attacked with Asurito. Got Culverine later. These are the attacks he got after Gamma Knife but they still were not able to reduce his maneuverability and his endurance until Leo Bazooka. Leo Bazooka not only threw him away but also cracked the whole Mountain. What I want to say is first aid is being underestimated. It was so much stonger than some believe so. It could still acttached to the organs even after being thrown across the Dressrosa. I am not taking away anything from Mingo.
    Luffy got to CQC with Mingo after Gamma Knife. Before that, he was being played by Black Knight and Bellamy. After them, Luffy and Mingo evaded few of their attacks from far and then again Law came and used Luffy. SO he could land a hit on Mingo. We all know Luffy and other SHs improve and get stronger by the Island. His Haki improved and he is gotten stronger.

It's not like that I won't agree with you here but Bege should feel ashamed for not being a strong to defeat someone with his power but his cunningness.

The problem is not Luffy's G2 and G3, it's Cracker's shield surrounding his body and left arm.

Luffy never got a clean hit with his G2 and G3 attacks, so we'll never know if it's effective.
    What we do know is, red hawk was enough to make Doflamingo double up and cough up blood, when hit cleanly.
    And G3 was enough to overwhelm Donchinjao's head.

Even Luffy's G3 attack wasn't completely blocked by Cracker, he tilted his shield to make Luffy slip, losing his balance in the proces.
    Then he used that opportunity to stab him, with CoA infused swords.
    That's the only reason he was sent flying, since he was off balanced in mid air.

A full healthy Cracker was never hit cleanly by Luffy's G2 and G3.
    An injured Doflamingo was hit by Luffy's G2 and G4.

If Cracker get defeated in the next chapter or two, without Luffy using KKG, then Cracker is way weaker and less durable than DD.
    So what? It's his fighting style. Why he should get rid of his fighting style just for the sake of Luffy could hit him. If Luffy's G2 and G3 were enough to take him out or even hurt him, Luffy would've but couldn't.

Spoiler!

We can see Cracker blocked Elephant Gun with his Shield right in the Middle.

Spoiler!

In this scan, we can see he moved forward, bended his knee and pushed away Luffy. It wasn't a tilt and such. Luffy jumped on him when used G3 and he didn't slip. Means he was almost on him. Cracker didn't defelct the attack but simply sent him away with his Brute Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Croc View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm, I do love reading hype about Supernovas other than Crybaby Kidd.

Cracker throwing the Vinsmokes some good hype this chapter as well. And Cracker getting some hype from Luffy. Good stuff.
    Kid didn't do a thing to portray himself in a better light other than where his Fansboys want him to be. So it was expected. He should show his feats before being called equal to anyone.

But still some wouldn't buy it.

G4 turned Cracker's "hard biscuit" into chewy cookies.

One or two more attacks and the SH's will be walking out of the seducing woods.
    Right after Cracker's devil fruit's revealed.
    I don't mind his defeat. I just want to see his Hands in Action against Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveTheory View Post
    I hope Cracker-Jack isn't out yet b/c I want Luffy to knock his a$$ flying all the way back to Big Mom's or Vinsmokes castle. First scenario will piss Mum off, and second scenario will let Sanji know back up is here. Either scenario would be cool, but knowing Oda, there's going to be some sort of twist at the end of this fight.
    We share the same opinion. BUt I want Luffy to blast him off to BM's Castle rather than Vinsmokes though and Luffy reaching there while being a Badass. It was explicitly stated that no one even caught a glimpse of BM who invaded BM's territory. I want ot Luffy and SHs to be the first.

Cracker didn't completely block Luffy's G3.
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by FireAngeL View Post
    Luffy said Cracker's Haki is stronger than anyone he had come across. Means his Haki is even stronger than Mingo. Saying this, I just remembered Pica's words to Zoro and the latter's answer.

Spoiler!

The panels sure say if one's Haki is stronger than the other's, weak can't harm the stronger one. It also means the person who has stronger haki can defeat the the person who has weak Haki than the former as Zoro showed us. Doesn't it mean Cracker is stronger than Mingo?
    Stronger haki doesn't always overwhelm a weaker haki.
    Take Luffy vs. the Boa sisters, or fused funk brothers vs. Boo.

I believe that a more powerful attack or tougher body can overwhelm haki.

Btw here's the accurate translation from raw:

「硬ェ…!! こいつの“武装色”っ!!!」
    "Really tough haki".
    Basically Luffy was saying that Cracker's haki was really hard.

Mangastream exaggerated by saying "strongest haki i've come across".

So what? It's his fighting style. Why he should get rid of his fighting style just for the sake of Luffy could hit him. If Luffy's G2 and G3 were enough to take him out or even hurt him, Luffy would've but couldn't.
    To find out if he'll get damaged just like Doflamingo. It's for the sake or endurance.

Spoiler!

We can see Cracker blocked Elephant Gun with his Shield right in the Middle.

Spoiler!

In this scan, we can see he moved forward, bended his knee and pushed away Luffy. It wasn't a tilt and such. Luffy jumped on him when used G3 and he didn't slip. Means he was almost on him. Cracker didn't defelct the attack but simply sent him away with his Brute Force.
    He didn't send Luffy away, he made his punch slide forward, hence the left panel ended with Luffy closer, and blocking Cracker's CoA infused stabs.
    Why would Luffy be close to Cracker's striking distance, if he was pushed out? He let him slide forward, by tilting his shield.

Then he chased after Luffy, after the sword strike, since it pushed Luffy away again.

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    7. Is he defeated? Prob. I doubt we'll see him go more than 8 arms, and i doubt he's getting back up.
    You might be right, even the broken piece of Cracker was shaped into an "L" sign.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

why hasn't the site uploaded ch. 837 already oO?

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I don't know where to put this but does anyone have the VIZ volumes of Slam Dunk? If you have them, please pm me.

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin thief

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLeg View Post

Yeah, Nami was a bit dumb. Suprised maybe? Yeah, I'd say that was the case instead of calling her dumb..
    Ok, calling her dumb is harsh, but she should have reacted instead of just looking. Brulee has mirror-related powers and then throws a mirror near her... it's obvious she had a plan and Nami should have deduced as much as evaded somehow. She has shown some crazy acrobatics recently, Why didn't she try to evade? I just would like her to win without help, you know? Good old solo. As it was, the fight was Nami and Pound vs Brulee.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by aracersss View Post
    why hasn't the site uploaded ch. 837 already oO?
    Our mighty admins may be a bit busy or forgot ... @ShichiDrewKai @Nexus halp?
    Quote Originally Posted by wendelatlas View Post
    Ok, calling her dumb is harsh, but she should have reacted instead of just looking. Brulee has mirror-related powers and then throws a mirror near her... it's obvious she had a plan and Nami should have deduced as much as evaded somehow. She has shown some crazy acrobatics recently, Why didn't she try to evade? I just would like her to win without help, you know? Good old solo. As it was, the fight was Nami and Pound vs Brulee.
    Yeah, I'd also like her to do a flip back and then strike her with the thunder. Pound didn't really hit her though, did he? I think Brulee dodged that but let Nami go. At least she didn't seem affected if the punch connected.

However, if I had to guess and to defend Nami (just a hunch), I'd say here
    Spoiler!

She just sees Brulee in the mirror and may think "ok, wtf, she can show up in her own mirrors?" and right after, she starts coming out like she's the girl from the Ring or something, who scares the shit out of many people for creeping out of the tv like that, and Nami is surprised. Guess that she wasn't expecting Brulee to be able to come out of the mirror like that, you know? And in the panel (and page) after, Brulee is grabbing Nami already, so I'd wager that happened pretty fast.

Thing is, it's a new DF power they've seen little about, and they don't know what it can do. So when it catches someone off guard like that, I wouldn't blame the character for that happening. Just like Luffy getting dropped out by Caesar's oxygen removing technique. One could argue he was dumb, but Smoker, Tashigi, Robin and Franky were there as well, so it's more likely that they get surprised by an unknown power than not being ready or being dumb, you know?

Or when you're playing a game and you find a new enemy, and one power/attack you've never seen catches you off guard
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!