Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Updates and Announcements!

Hello OPBers!

So it is I, ShichiDrewKai, making my first announcement as an admin! You'll probably have noticed a few changes occurring, so I thought I'd make this thread so they can be discussed and shared with everyone.

First and foremost, I want to discuss activity. I know that the site has been quiet at times, especially during breaks in OP chapters, but things are going to be done to make things better. Several changes are being made and will be made to facilitate this.

At the forefront of these changes is that the staff is being rearranged. Some staff members have been removed, and new staff members have been (and probably will be) added. Make sure to thank @Rayleigh and @Rick Sanchez for their contributions and efforts! And make sure to welcome @Kylo Ren and @BlackLeg ( and perhaps others ) to the staff!

Second, the OGG RP seems to have hit a wall unfortunately. Since that is the case, the Game mods have also been removed from the staff for the time being. The admins are totally open to having an RP on the site, but we need to make sure it's a viable option before opening another.

Third, I will be personally updating the smilies and emoticons on the site over the next week or so. The Bay V4 smilies will be going (since they're terrible) and I will be opening up opportunities for new smilies to be added. Keep an eye out for a thread announcing this!

Finally, get in the halloween spirit! There will be halloween themed events, contests, and more to celebrate the season. Please participate and have fun!

Share any thoughts you might have below. Make sure to keep your posts relevant and constructive. Don't spam, spamming is bad. (And I've got new mods who are just chomping at the bit to flex that mod muscle.)

-Drew

Spoiler!

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ShichiDrewKai For This Useful Post:

Aertes  (Oct 20th '16), BTR  (Oct 21st '16), Gir  (Oct 22nd '16), Going Merry  (Oct 26th '16), Joseph Joestar  (Oct 20th '16), Kikyo  (Oct 25th '16), Koraznro  (Oct 20th '16), Min  (Oct 25th '16), Misty  (Oct 21st '16), Nathan  (Oct 22nd '16), Overhaul  (Oct 20th '16), Owner Zeff  (Oct 22nd '16), Red  (Oct 21st '16), Redeyes  (Oct 21st '16), Rise-Chan  (Oct 22nd '16), Scepter  (Oct 23rd '16), Sheik  (Oct 22nd '16), SniperKing  (Oct 20th '16)

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

thanks for this man. And congrats @BlackLeg @Kylo Ren (although this makes my Zunisha removal case impossible now )

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quick question, things are becoming a bit stale and I do miss the One Piece RPG though I will admit a lot of people were really toxic. Could we go back and have a OP RPG using the same mechanics but under more strict leadership so it won't devolve into a hell hole? I honestly don't mind spending time helping to create it if it will help the site.

Edit: and of course making a few other changes to kind of make it a touch simpler and easier to get into
    Last edited by Joseph Joestar; Oct 20th '16 at 10:41 PM.

Spoiler!

Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    Quick question, things are becoming a bit stale and I do miss the One Piece RPG though I will admit a lot of people were really toxic. Could we go back and have a OP RPG using the same mechanics but under more strict leadership so it won't devolve into a hell hole? I honestly don't mind spending time helping to create it if it will help the site.
    That is something being considered, but as you've said it will require proper leadership and structure. Another part of the problem with the old RP was that it was overly complex and difficult for new members to join. If we were to start an OP RP again, it would need to be simplified a bit as well as having new management.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I thank @ShichiDrewKai for the opportunity. I shall wear the blue with honor

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    thanks for this man. And congrats @BlackLeg @Kylo Ren (although this makes my Zunisha removal case impossible now )
    Thank you!

It does....

Kiddiiiing. The tier list is majority vote, so if you get that, you get your wish. You have to ask @BlackLeg what the majority vote is, but I think it's 8 out of 12.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

also can we have a pokemon RP that @SniperKing suggested and i think @Kikyo and @Desert Croc agreed and felt was a good idea?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    That is something being considered, but as you've said it will require proper leadership and structure. Another part of the problem with the old RP was that it was overly complex and difficult for new members to join. If we were to start an OP RP again, it would need to be simplified a bit as well as having new management.
    read my mind. Just editted that in. I'm not the most qualified person but I have a lot of spare time and ideas and really love the RP. If you guys need help I am free to dedicate several hours to help set it up.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

The list belongs to the community, so if the community agrees to it, it'll happen

Thanks and congratulations on the promotion, Kylo!

Furthermore, thanks to @ShichiDrewKai and the administration for all the work and dedication for the Bay.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Congrats to the new men in blue!

also can we have a pokemon RP that @SniperKing suggested and i think @Kikyo and @Desert Croc agreed and felt was a good idea?
    It honestly shouldn't be that hard to manage. I did promise to look into it but I've been a tad busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    read my mind. Just editted that in. I'm not the most qualified person but I have a lot of spare time and ideas and really love the RP. If you guys need help I am free to dedicate several hours to help set it up.
    I'm sure that you're capable enough to play a role in that, don't belittle yourself.
    Last edited by SniperKing; Oct 20th '16 at 10:49 PM.

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SniperKing View Post
    Congrats to the new men in blue!

It honestly shouldn't be that hard to manage. I did promise to look into it but I've been a tad busy.
    i will help with it if it gets approved.