Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

American Politics Thread - Trump Presidency

The election is over, so a new thread is needed for a new era.

There's a lot to consider about the days ahead (Supreme Court, Cabinet appointments, the Senate, the House etc.) so you can discuss it all here.

Last edited by BTR; Nov 24th '16 at 08:09 PM.

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BTR For This Useful Post:

Redeyes  (Nov 24th '16)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

I will be watching all this unfold in beautiful safe somewhat liberal compared to the rest of the country, California! Good luck everyone else who isn't in a super super fucking blue state. Most of you will probably die but it is okay, for I will survive

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    I will be watching all this unfold in beautiful safe somewhat liberal compared to the rest of the country, California! Good luck everyone else who isn't in a super super fucking blue state. Most of you will probably die but it is okay, for I will survive
    Yeah, there is no elitist attitude at all.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
    Lol. I mean, California is a great state, but how things turn out in the recently flipped red states and the purple states will be intriguing. Well, intriguing is one word for it.

Actually, speaking of California @Basil, what do you think of the 2018 Governor's election? Jerry Brown is a giant, but unfortunately his era is almost over. I think Gavin Newsom is considered the front runner there.

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
    Just scared because you live in a purple state which means Trump will have a very large say in how things work domestically there
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    Lol. I mean, California is a great state, but how things turn out in the recently flipped red states and the purple states will be intriguing. Well, intriguing is one word for it.

Actually, speaking of California @Basil, what do you think of the 2018 Governor's election? Jerry Brown is a giant, but unfortunately his era is almost over. I think Gavin Newsom is considered the front runner there.
    The reason Clinton has such a huge lead in the popular vote is California. Dems hold a super majority here, we just passed a good amount of pretty liberal bills (no guns with mags over 10, weed, no plastic bags or whatever, more money to schools, and more to health care with a higher tax on cigs) We are almost as liberal as Canada.

Gavin Newsom is a good looking, thoughtful, good person, with a solid record of being liberal on social issues. He wins California by a landslide.

It also helps he was mayor of San Fran, and literally ordered the marriage offices to sign off on gay people's marriage license even back in 2005. Basil approves of this man, and I think people like him better than they do Jerry Brown.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

actually blue and swing States probably have it the worst with the protests, secessions and all.

Personally my state is red, but if my majority black town who believed Trump is going to put them all in cages haven't gone so far as to riot yet I doubt I have too much to worry about.

I definitely wouldn't want to be New York or Oregon though
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

The reason Clinton has such a huge lead in the popular vote is California. Dems hold a super majority here, we just passed a good amount of pretty liberal bills (no guns with mags over 10, weed, no plastic bags or whatever, more money to schools, and more to health care with a higher tax on cigs) We are almost as liberal as Canada.

Gavin Newsom is a good looking, thoughtful, good person, with a solid record of being liberal on social issues. He wins California by a landslide.

It also helps he was mayor of San Fran, and literally ordered the marriage offices to sign off on gay people's marriage license even back in 2005. Basil approves of this man, and I think people like him better than they do Jerry Brown.
    Yeah, it's probably one of those Democrat standbys that are unlikely to be swayed by the current GOP. Same with New York. I like California.

Yeah, talk about handsome politicians. Trudeau has nothing on him. And it's good to know he's the front runner. I know he was considering a Senate run, but he and Harris are friends and Governorship suits him better than the Senate considering his time as Lieutenant Governor and Mayor. More executive experience than legislative. He's the future, Jerry Brown can pass the torch safely.

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Nimura View Post
    actually blue and swing States probably have it the worst with the protests, secessions and all.

Personally my state is red, but if my majority black town who believed Trump is going to put them all in cages haven't gone so far as to riot yet I doubt I have too much to worry about.

I definitely wouldn't want to be New York or Oregon though
    The protests honestly aren't that big of a deal anymore. Now it is just policy. I am happy I guess Trump wants to not do big trade deals, but the rest of his policy's will hurt the counties education, welfare, health care, pretty much everything, however because a lot of it is state run, very blue states won't be effected much by his domestic policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    Yeah, it's probably one of those Democrat standbys that are unlikely to be swayed by the current GOP. Same with New York. I like California.

Yeah, talk about handsome politicians. Trudeau has nothing on him. And it's good to know he's the front runner. I know he was considering a Senate run, but he and Harris are friends and Governorship suits him better than the Senate considering his time as Lieutenant Governor and Mayor. More executive experience than legislative. He's the future, Jerry Brown can pass the torch safely.
    Honestly, even our republicans would be independents in other states. Our dems for the most part are actually pretty liberal by american standards.

He's honestly more than likely going to run for president after being governor

Spoiler!

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

The protests honestly aren't that big of a deal anymore. Now it is just policy. I am happy I guess Trump wants to not do big trade deals, but the rest of his policy's will hurt the counties education, welfare, health care, pretty much everything, however because a lot of it is state run, very blue states won't be effected much by his domestic policy.

Honestly, even our republicans would be independents in other states. Our dems for the most part are actually pretty liberal by american standards.

He's honestly more than likely going to run for president after being governor
    where I live, education couldn't get worse if they tried, too many ppl are on welfare anyway, and apparently healthcare with Obama care was about to be jacked up anyway soooo yeah I am hoping for a pretty lateral four years at the least. If he manages to screw it up more than it already is I would be impressed tbh
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I can't believe that the Democrats still haven't learned their lesson after the most embarrassing defeat ever. They're never going to get control over all the branches of government if they continue to be corporatists.
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    Sabo could take out Kaido or Big Mom (or possibly force a high-extreme diff fight with these weaker Yonkos). But an Admiral? He loses mid-diff.
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    If Sabo can defeat Kaido, so can Doflamingo. But extreme diff.