Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Do it Yourself! Dressrosa!

In honor of @Rise-Chan and upon his request, I thought of creating a thread to discuss Dressrosa as a whole. With one particular extra.
    What would you do to make Dressrosa better?

Dressrosa is widely acclaimed by the fans to be a long, dragged out arc, and for many that took away some excitement and magic that could be there, and that it could contribute to make Dressrosa one of the greatest arcs in One Piece thus far.

So, what would you do to improve it?

What would you remove? Why?
    What would you change?
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Overhaul For This Useful Post:

Jamal Henderson  (Dec 22nd '16), Laboon  (Dec 19th '16), Redeyes  (Dec 20th '16)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Honestly, the more I think about it, other than maybe making a few bits go by or end faster, nothing.

You mentioned getting rid of the Colosseum, but Luffy needs that so he could have all his followers for the bigger fights to come

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    G-8
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin archeologist

Going to need my laptop for this one...
    Ash Seeketh Ember

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Luffy should have fought Burgess while Sabo fought Doflamingo, while Fujitora arrives last minute to defeat and capture strong victors (like Sabo). Big Mom factor would come after all the Strawhats leave Dressrosa, meaning that the Sunny Team would've been on Dressrosa and had good feats. Kaido could send Jack or another commander to Dressrosa to assist Doflamingo in protecting the SMILEs. Less coverage of new allies would be helpful (except that if Cavendish, Bartolomeo and Sai since only those three represent the necessary powerful allies).

all of this can be done in 50-60 chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    can't wait

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

From the top of my head, I have two complaints.

The 1st one is the time when Luffy reached Doffy for the first time, but was simply kicked out of the palace. That was suuuper annoying and it lead to a huge number of chapters that were used for Luffy to reach Doffy again.

The 2nd one is the chapters between Luffy's G4 running out and Doffy's ultimate KO. Those seemed like the ultimate dragging fest that was not exactly necessary.
    Last edited by SniperKing; Dec 19th '16 at 11:15 PM.

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SniperKing View Post

The 1st one is the time when Luffy reached Doffy for the first time, but was simply kicked out of the palace. That was suuuper annoying and it lead to a huge number of chapter that were used for Luffy to reach Doffy again.

The 2nd one is the chapter between Luffy's G4 running out and Doffy's ultimate KO. Those seemed like the ultimate dragging fest that was not exactly necessary.
    the second one was necessary to show G4 has time limits and that a G3/G4 combo was needed to win

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    Honestly, the more I think about it, other than maybe making a few bits go by or end faster, nothing.

You mentioned getting rid of the Colosseum, but Luffy needs that so he could have all his followers for the bigger fights to come
    But would he? Those gladiators followed him mainly because of Usopp. They had a debt to pay Usopp, not because of Luffy knocking their heads in.

A big bunch of the arc was stalled because of the Colosseum. That could have been a side thing, and later the gladiators would show up, wanting to repay the debt to Usopp and getting their focus against Donquixote Executives.

It's not like they showed extraordinary things on the Colosseum that they couldn't have shown while fighting the executives.

Plus, the whole Law vs Issho vs Doflamingo was a waste of time. It was just filler. Law could have his fight against Doflamingo on the bridge only and that would be it, no need to make him lose 3 times against Doflamingo. We get it, he's strong.
    And we get it, Issho can summon meteors.
    Satire incoming

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    Luffy should have fought Burgess while Sabo fought Doflamingo, while Fujitora arrives last minute to defeat and capture strong victors (like Sabo). Big Mom factor would come after all the Strawhats leave Dressrosa, meaning that the Sunny Team would've been on Dressrosa and had good feats. Kaido could send Jack or another commander to Dressrosa to assist Doflamingo in protecting the SMILEs. Less coverage of new allies would be helpful (except that if Cavendish, Bartolomeo and Sai since only those three represent the necessary powerful allies).

all of this can be done in 50-60 chapters.

can't wait
    This is soooo further from the plot tho but if Issho captured Sabo, you think Luffy wouldn't try to break him out?

but yes, some allies were a bit dispensable, altho many should prove necessary in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperKing View Post

The 1st one is the time when Luffy reached Doffy for the first time, but was simply kicked out of the palace. That was suuuper annoying and it lead to a huge number of chapter that were used for Luffy to reach Doffy again.

The 2nd one is the chapter between Luffy's G4 running out and Doffy's ultimate KO. Those seemed like the ultimate dragging fest that was not exactly necessary.
    Ah, that was a good one! Yeah, that was just in order to Luffy fight Bellamy again and Law fight Doflamingo ... again. Did we really need this rematches?

2nd one ... yeah, if Oda wanted to give it 10 minutes to show Doflamingo doesn't go down that easily, then he could have at least shown more from Burgess vs Sabo in the meantime
    Last edited by Overhaul; Dec 19th '16 at 11:09 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    G-8
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin archeologist

Because my ability to procrastinate is strong, I'll start with an easy one: Rebecca stays on the fucking plateau.
    Ash Seeketh Ember

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Because my ability to procrastinate is strong, I'll start with an easy one: Rebecca stays on the fucking plateau.
    With Riku?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    G-8
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin archeologist

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyes View Post
    With Riku?
    Yeah. She had NO value going. Honestly her being there was to set up the Diamante confrontation and give Diamante a temporary handicap for drama. Give the key to Robin or Bartolomeo and it shaves a chapter or two.
    Ash Seeketh Ember