Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I feel like that was meant to establish Doflamingo as a bigger threat. Build him up as a really strong individual. Comparable to Crocodile, as he defeated Luffy twice.
    But defeating Law once would amount to that. And Smoker in Punk Hazard already gave him some good feats and hype.
    Yeah, I mean, I don't think it was ever in doubt that Doflamingo was powerful. Crocodile was a new character when Alabasta rolled around, but Doflamingo has been a presence in the series since Jaya.

I also feel like Ideo was a bit of a fodder against Dellinger. Sure, it was supposed to portray Dellinger as being stronger than Ideo, but either make Ideo stronger (closer to Sai), or make someone team up with Ideo to take out Dellinger. Because the way Dellinger got defeated was just bad :
    Well I think it was done to show Dellinger as a glass cannon. Strong attacks, great speed, but low endurance. But yeah, it felt weird to suddenly make Sai so strong (I still feel that was random) and then have Ideo get smoked by Dellinger.

That would be an interesting idea "The successor of Kyros! The new champion of the Colosseum, stronger than before!", but then the so hyped new promise and champion gets defeated by a VA, or someone else, like Diamante, and then Kyros defeats Diamante.
    Exactly.

And maybe have Maynard have a rematch against Bartolomeo as a VA, he deserves it. It would rebuild his reputation if he could have a fairer fight. Gladius could fight someone else ... maybe Ideo, since both use explosions. Or Robin, knocking him out when she grappled him, instead of just immobilizing him.
    Robin vs Gladius would be cool. Or Robin and Usopp, since I wanted to see Usopp fight another sniper.

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Things I'd do to fix Dressrosa

1) I'd cancel characters like Jora and Sugar needing to be defeated twice.
    2) Cancel not the tournament but its length, as Burgess block A win was all off panel, Luffy is all who's block who needed to be long and all important character needing an introduction could have been introduce in block C. Barto and Rebecca wins could have been off panel.
    3) Cancel 3 pages of citizens counting down for Luffy to re enter Gear 4 and the whole chapter of him not having it, simply drawing a box reading "10 mins later" would be enough considering Luffy's limits needed to be shown in the story but to much drama assisted this.
    4) Every fight was an entire chapter including Baby 5 vs Sai; when some fights could have shared chapters, Sai, Baby 5 and Lao G conflict could have been all placed in one chapter not 3.
    5) I'd actually cancel Burgess up until the end of the arc. He was only needed in the story to explain how the Blackbeard pirates found Revolutionary base, when in reality looking back on it he could have literally debuted after Sabo left Dressrosa, he could have stayed Mr. Store and been revealed as a ship hijacker who followed Sabo. Having him get beat up in every fight and fail at everything that wasn't block A was a pointless thing which actually had a negative affect, making it hard to believe the Blackbeard pirates are tough as he's described as their "champion" and captain of 1st ship who never lost a fight.
    6) Maynard vs Gambia
    7) Maynard vs Barto none of the last two added anything to the story considering with it being off panel there's no way to tell what went down nor any skill that was used and these guys had no other interactions in the story and Gambia somehow made it safely off the island although he was beaten badly.
    8) Funk brothers being shown post tournament, they neither joined Doffy or Luffy and were fodderized by a clone.
    9) Pica vs Zoro lasting that long, Pica literally ran around and attacked fallen soldiers.
    10) Having Zoro have to decide what plan to go with, just cut him already.
    11) 5 pages of Rebecca crying plus 5 more of Kyros crying.
    12) If Sabo and Fujitora were gonna fight just to agree to not fight what was the purpose?
    13) again Sabo having to fight Burgess, they didn't need to fight just to lead up to current events, Mr. Store could have just been spying if he was never gonna be shown landing attacks, having him physically challenge anyone is pointless, battles like that should stay off panel IMO
    14) Fujitora's meteors literally fail every time and are even dangerous to the ability user and his allies. 6 pages of their destruction is pointless, show one page to showcase his strength and have it fail already.
    15) Did Luffy literally run all the way to the palace twice when Gear 4 geppo could have had him fly there and knock Doffy strings loose in less than one chapter?
    16) So an entire chapter was dedicated to mansherry crying and healing citizens?

Just my thoughts all of the above was a bit pointless, Mansherry needed her personality shown as a character but an entire chapter wasn't needed, Burgess could have been on the Revolutionary ship from the start, didn't need to see Sabo beat him up twice.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Well then it was just me and KGB talking back when my "Strawhats in the Colosseum" Thread wasn't swallowed the OPB Void Century.'
    That or we had an actual Thread like this which was also swallowed by the Void Century.

EDIT: So yeah, whatever. Didn't bother yet to read what the others wrote but let's start.

1) Take Viola, Rebecca and Manshelly -> Make them one character
    This is really simple, both Rebecca and Manshelly didn't do much but crying and getting in the way, Viola barely did anything either. BUT a less crying woman with the heal-power (which is her secret) who works with Mingo but,..you know.. actually not: That would be nice. And we wouldn't have to jump scenes that much, speeding up EVERYTHING, especially the dwarfs parts. Speaking of...
    Actually don't see how this would be a bad thing, aside from Sanji's relevance in the arc perhaps being played down if it wasn't for Viola, the Straw Hats wouldn't know about Doflamingo's play. So either Luffy would learn about it on the Colosseum if it was one character, or it couldn't play a part on the Colosseum anymore.

Also, there wouldn't be the clairvoyant girl to help Usopp aim at Sugar (possibly unlock CoO by himself then?) or to warn Sanji of trouble on Sunny (he could sense it with his own CoO?).
    2) Cut down the dwarfs role by like 80%
    We don't need almost all the Strawhats taking detours just like that.
    Zoro having to chase after Wicca was a waste of time, and we didn't need the group to be captured by the dwarves. Altho it was cool that Robin caught one of them, so that could still be part of the arc
    3) Let Zoro too fight in the Arena
    I think that would just be nice. It's at least better than running after a fairy that stole his sword.
    Have him being screwed out of the semi finals without making him look weak and then he is free to do other stuff. Like fighting the Marines.
    Zoro love uh? either that or have him plan things with the rebels, along with Kyros. Bond with a former gladiator and swordsman.
    4) Scrap Fujitora, give Bastille something to do
    You know how Dressrosa made the Vice Admirals look like pushovers when Vergo and Smoker established them as forces to be reckoned with?
    Have Bastille be on that level. Have be on the Level of the Top Executives and let him fight against Hakuba or Zoro...scrap that, make it a free for all threeway swordsman battle of awesomeness.

And afterwards when the birdcage hits, he actually has a reason to not just go straight for Doflamingo as he is either to beaten up or on his side (evil-marine mode activated) or just too weak to take on Mingo.

As it was now, Issho could have taken care of Mingo but chose to let civilians get in harms way even though he was portrayed as someone who is all for protecting innocents. Sure it's a shichibukai but if Smoker and Tashigi could arrest Crocodile, Issho can do something against Mingo.
    Taking down the cage wouldn't have even requiered him to actually attack him.

Thats why he shouldn't even be there and instead we get Maynard and Bastille being actually worth a damn.
    True. Bastille fighting a good swordsman would definitely be an improvement over what he did .. which was, getting one shot.

But Issho being there, he could fight both Sabo and Burgess. This way, the three would get a good portrayal and Issho wouldn't be just an old man playing around and wedging his chances.
    5) Make Law go down only once.
    His constant surprise attacks fresh out of the coma were annoying after a while.
    True. In the bridge. That could be his only defeat, and it would be enough to portray Doflamingo as a strong enemy. And give it more focus too.
    7) Colosseum Fighters
    Swift through their fights faster.

8) Give Robin a fight
    I mean... there were quite a few Executives man...
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    Yeah, I mean, I don't think it was ever in doubt that Doflamingo was powerful. Crocodile was a new character when Alabasta rolled around, but Doflamingo has been a presence in the series since Jaya.
    True, but he still needed some New World feats altho defeating Smoker was good already.
    Well I think it was done to show Dellinger as a glass cannon. Strong attacks, great speed, but low endurance. But yeah, it felt weird to suddenly make Sai so strong (I still feel that was random) and then have Ideo get smoked by Dellinger.
    Random Hashokken power up Dellinger could still be portrayed like that. He one shot Blue Gilly and Riku. And against Ideo, he could really beat him up, but then Ideo would beat him at the end with a great right hook or uppercut, followed by a combo of exploding punches (Franky vs Pink style)

Robin vs Gladius would be cool. Or Robin and Usopp, since I wanted to see Usopp fight another sniper.
    Yeah, altho by seeing Usopp fight and pose a threat to Trebol and take out Sugar with CoO, that'd be quite good too. I still prefer Jean Ango vs Usopp tho.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

102 chapters, to be exact
    Loooooooooong

I think without his stamina limitation, Law would be very OP. And his stamina can grow, so he can still get to Admiral / Yonko level. Also, I don't think Law, with his OP fruit, should take 12 hours to defeat someone. So time and prolonging the fight shouldn't be his goal.
    Yeah but, Character A and Character B are admiral/yonkou level with admiral level stamina. Character A's stamina is getting sapped with each use while Character B's stamina remains stable. Law will always be in an unfair position. The goal in fights are never to prolong them, but if two people are evenly matched, it just happens.

About Sabo ... he had a nice fighting style with his dragon claws and pipe. He could keep it, no need to add Mera to the equation. I agree. At least not in Dressrosa.

Agreed about the Top Executives. Vergo was much more menacing and threatening that all the other Executives. Maybe Pica could defeat Sai and ChinJao by showcasing his full body CoA, but then Zoro defeats him.
    The Mera-Mera should have just stayed in the Sunny. I would have loved it if Luffy gave it to a young kid that reminded him of Ace on his travels.

Trebol could have fought and held down Luffy while the other gladiators finished their fights so that Luffy could fight Doflamingo.

Diamante shouldn't rely too much on tricks like he did. He kept on playing dirty. If Oda didn't go that way, or did and have him capitalize on it, it would have been much better.

True. Altho Issho also had a "Doflamingo shat his pants" moment and casually stopping Doflamingo's kick, he should definitely have something better to do during the arc and not sit quietly. He didn't really threaten others with his power, he played around with Sabo. That's where he could have shown how strong he is, as with the Shichibukai he couldn't.
    Fair point.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Ughh one of my favorite arcs yet also one of my most hated arcs...

1. of course, the pacing. Wayyy too long...

2. Rebecca. One of the most annoying characters. All she does is cry.

3. Kyros vs Diamante. Really? A one leg 10 years old toy could defeat him?

4. Fuji's battles. Now I don't really have a problem with that, it just that he made him look pretty weak, weaker than what he really is, and that led to many morons believing Sabo, Luffy and Doffy are admiral level.

5. Law's portrayal. This is one of the things I hated the most. Back at PH he was a beast, defeating Smoker with no problem, showing new attacks and defeating Vergo by cutting not only him but also a mountain. Now at Dressrosa he could barely do anything. Running from Fuji and Doffy, losing to Doffy couple of times with ease and depending too much on Luffy.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
    Loooooooooong
    That's what she said
    Yeah but, Character A and Character B are admiral/yonkou level with admiral level stamina. Character A's stamina is getting sapped with each use while Character B's stamina remains stable. Law will always be in an unfair position. The goal in fights are never to prolong them, but if two people are evenly matched, it just happens.
    Character B has an ability that if it hits, it can basically one shot or severely damage Character A tho. Risk / reward, it's worth it, and it does not cost much for his stamina. The problem lies if Character A is stronger than Character B and can counter his attacks, which was what happened
    The Mera-Mera should have just stayed in the Sunny. I would have loved it if Luffy gave it to a young kid that reminded him of Ace on his travels.
    Awww, that would be so sweet
    Fair point.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchMahBelly View Post

4. Fuji's battles. Now I don't really have a problem with that, it just that he made him look pretty weak, weaker than what he really is, and that led to many morons believing Sabo, Luffy and Doffy are admiral level.

5. Law's portrayal. This is one of the things I hated the most. Back at PH he was a beast, defeating Smoker with no problem, showing new attacks and defeating Vergo by cutting not only him but also a mountain. Now at Dressrosa he could barely do anything. Running from Fuji and Doffy, losing to Doffy couple of times with ease and depending too much on Luffy.
    2. Girls in their 16 ... that's what they do

3. He was a badass one leg undefeated gladiator not a toy

4. @AppleCider is Sabo admiral level?

5. To be fair, he was exhausted and depleted from having to fight Issho and Doflamingo. However, it'd be better if he had just fought Doflamingo once and do a great deal of damage (Gamma Knife and what not), and then until Luffy got to fight Mingo, Mingo could recover and be good to fight Luffy. Both at 100% or close to.
    That way everyone would get fair fights and fair portrayals.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

You seem familiar where have I seen you around here before? Ever had a name change?

1) agreed

2) Definitely agreed

3) Doffy's crew aside frome Vergo were jokes to begin with, Fujitora and Gladius's ability were the main none-Doffy obstacles this arc. Notice how all his crew falls and he does everything himself like fight Luffy, Law and cage the entire island injuring many people in the process, Doffy's crew were just to give him a story and a...well crew, they added nothing big to the story, Vergo should have lived and retreated to Dressrosa, he would have made this arc much better in terms of the Donquixote pirates because those other guys were embarrassments to Doffy.

4) His battles didn't make him seem week, this is the new world, even if Sabo Luffy and Doffy aren't admiral level they are yonko commander level and that means they can harm an admiral. Jozu making Aokiji bleed, Marco knocking Kizaru across the battlefield, Marco and Vista holding off Akainu. Similar situations. Luffy bruised his cheek, Luffy was sent flying as a result. Sabo admitted Fuji may have been going easy but in the end he is the second in command of the Revolutionary army, same army that's plotting to overthrow the entire WG. And Doflamingo kicked Fujitora at point blank range and only managed to kick his sword, nothing from their fight proved Fuji was weak only that he has fast reflexes as he blocked the attack. Chapters later Doffy reveals that it will take the entire Donquixote Pirates to even attempt taking him out meaning that Fuji is a formidable guy just he constantly allows his enemies to get away with things. Kizaru did the same thing now he has 6 supernovas boasting about escaping battle with him and his superiors asking how, because he didn't take defeating them seriously.

5) To be fair Law defeating two vice admirals doesn't compare to situations with Fujitora and Doflamingo. Smoker is a new Vice Admiral , , , Fujitora is an Admiral. Vergo was weakened by and almost defeated by Smoker before Law finished him.
    Look at the cup half full, Law may have ran from Fujitora and Doflamingo but

- He was only buying time.
    - No character except maybe a yonko can take on Fujitora and Doflamingo alone.
    - He survived the attack and was still able to fight another round on the bridge with Doflamingo.
    - Survived getting shot multiple times.
    - Was still able to go yet another round, nearly kill Doflamingo, incapacitated Trebol and even Doflamingo temporarily with one arm. He was then still able to aid Rebecca, Viola and Luffy in their conflict with Doflamingo.

Law's accomplishments this arc includes.

- Defeating Trebol.
    - Weakening Doflamingo
    - Teaching the allies Donquixote weaknesses
    - Aiding Luffy everywhere.
    - Saving the Strawhats from Fujitora meteorites.

As much as he ran and ran this arc, without Law, Luffy and the Luffian army would have lost the war, he was Luffy's backbone, he helped him get a red hawk on Doflamingo, he helped Sanji and the Curly hats escape Fujitora and Doflamingo, he took Jora hostage, he did a lot. He was the first character in the entire series shown injuring Doflamingo.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

2. Girls in their 16 ... that's what they do

3. He was a badass one leg undefeated gladiator not a toy

4. @AppleCider is Sabo admiral level?

5. To be fair, he was exhausted and depleted from having to fight Issho and Doflamingo. However, it'd be better if he had just fought Doflamingo once and do a great deal of damage (Gamma Knife and what not), and then until Luffy got to fight Mingo, Mingo could recover and be good to fight Luffy. Both at 100% or close to.
    That way everyone would get fair fights and fair portrayals.
    1. I don't know. Where i'm from girls these age get pregnant lol. Why do they need to be this young?

2. And why couldn't Law just give him a leg? I mean c'mon this is humiliating. Oda didn't give a shit about Doffy's crew.

3. Don't tell me he believes that

4. Yeah sounds all right

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Henderson View Post
    You seem familiar where have I seen you around here before? Ever had a name change?

1) agreed

2) Definitely agreed

3) Doffy's crew aside frome Vergo were jokes to begin with, Fujitora and Gladius's ability were the main none-Doffy obstacles this arc. Notice how all his crew falls and he does everything himself like fight Luffy, Law and cage the entire island injuring many people in the process, Doffy's crew were just to give him a story and a...well crew, they added nothing big to the story, Vergo should have lived and retreated to Dressrosa, he would have made this arc much better in terms of the Donquixote pirates because those other guys were embarrassments to Doffy.

4) His battles didn't make him seem week, this is the new world, even if Sabo Luffy and Doffy aren't admiral level they are yonko commander level and that means they can harm an admiral. Jozu making Aokiji bleed, Marco knocking Kizaru across the battlefield, Marco and Vista holding off Akainu. Similar situations. Luffy bruised his cheek, Luffy was sent flying as a result. Sabo admitted Fuji may have been going easy but in the end he is the second in command of the Revolutionary army, same army that's plotting to overthrow the entire WG. And Doflamingo kicked Fujitora at point blank range and only managed to kick his sword, nothing from their fight proved Fuji was weak only that he has fast reflexes as he blocked the attack. Chapters later Doffy reveals that it will take the entire Donquixote Pirates to even attempt taking him out meaning that Fuji is a formidable guy just he constantly allows his enemies to get away with things. Kizaru did the same thing now he has 6 supernovas boasting about escaping battle with him and his superiors asking how, because he didn't take defeating them seriously.

5) To be fair Law defeating two vice admirals doesn't compare to situations with Fujitora and Doflamingo. Smoker is a new Vice Admiral , , , Fujitora is an Admiral. Vergo was weakened by and almost defeated by Smoker before Law finished him.
    Look at the cup half full, Law may have ran from Fujitora and Doflamingo but

- He was only buying time.
    - No character except maybe a yonko can take on Fujitora and Doflamingo alone.
    - He survived the attack and was still able to fight another round on the bridge with Doflamingo.
    - Survived getting shot multiple times.
    - Was still able to go yet another round, nearly kill Doflamingo, incapacitated Trebol and even Doflamingo temporarily with one arm. He was then still able to aid Rebecca, Viola and Luffy in their conflict with Doflamingo.

Law's accomplishments this arc includes.

- Defeating Trebol.
    - Weakening Doflamingo
    - Teaching the allies Donquixote weaknesses
    - Aiding Luffy everywhere.
    - Saving the Strawhats from Fujitora meteorites.

As much as he ran and ran this arc, without Law, Luffy and the Luffian army would have lost the war, he was Luffy's backbone, he helped him get a red hawk on Doflamingo, he helped Sanji and the Curly hats escape Fujitora and Doflamingo, he took Jora hostage, he did a lot. He was the first character in the entire series shown injuring Doflamingo.
    You probably heard of me because i'm famous

3. What makes you think Vergo > Pica? Pica in Dressrosa is almost untouchable. They both had the same portrayal. Both had full body haki, both fought a supernova and both were defeated by a mountain level attack.

4. That's what i'm talking about. So what if he's 2nd in command. We have no idea how strong the revs are. Jozu was able to make Aokiji bleed? they both had a free shot. Jozu managed to make him bleed a little and Aokiji, well, one shotted him. That's the difference. Marco took on Kizaru, Kizaru was sent flying with an explosion yet was fine. Marco had bruises all over his face. Luffy punched Fuji and bruised him. Why? Both Marco and Vista couldn't harm Akainu together but Luffy managed to bruise him. Fuji started sweating after taking on Luffy's attacks. And let's not forget that Oda made it look like they fought "evenly" with both their powers clashing together. As a result a lot, and I mean A LOT, of people are now sure Sabo is on the same level as him.

5. What I meant was as you said "aiding Luffy". That was his mission, and it sucked. I know he ran because he was trying to buy some time. Of course he doesn't stand a chance against both of them.

"- No character except maybe a yonko can take on Fujitora and Doflamingo alone." - Debatable. Luffy was also tired, fighting and running all day. Yet he was blitzing, and by blitzing I mean actually blizting Doflamingo to a point he not only could barely react but couldn't dodge as well. Gear 4 takes a huge amount of stamina and haki from Luffy, so I don't see healthy Luffy struggling on keeping that form for the rest of the fight against him.

I don't consider defeating Trebol a feat because, as you said, he was just a fodder. But what else can he do besides aiding? He couldn't keep up with Doffy and always needed Luffy. I know Luffy is the main character and trained with Rayleigh for a year and a half but seriously the par between them is too great. What's the point of the supernovas if Luffy is so far ahead of everyone? Well at least the one and only Ma D. Monk Urouge is there, but we all know Luffy ain't got shit on him.

Attacking Doffy off guard doesn't do him justice. I can say if they fought alone without Luffy, Law would've never landed a hit on him. The fact that they fought alone and Law used the same tactic (switched places with Doffy and a rock by surprise) and Doffy reacted to that easily, can already suggest that Doffy can dodge it.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

1. I don't know. Where i'm from girls these age get pregnant lol. Why do they need to be this young?

2. And why couldn't Law just give him a leg? I mean c'mon this is humiliating. Oda didn't give a shit about Doffy's crew.

3. Don't tell me he believes that

4. Yeah sounds all right

You probably heard of me because i'm famous

3. What makes you think Vergo > Pica? Pica in Dressrosa is almost untouchable. They both had the same portrayal. Both had full body haki, both fought a supernova and both were defeated by a mountain level attack.

4. That's what i'm talking about. So what if he's 2nd in command. We have no idea how strong the revs are. Jozu was able to make Aokiji bleed? they both had a free shot. Jozu managed to make him bleed a little and Aokiji, well, one shotted him. That's the difference. Marco took on Kizaru, Kizaru was sent flying with an explosion yet was fine. Marco had bruises all over his face. Luffy punched Fuji and bruised him. Why? Both Marco and Vista couldn't harm Akainu together but Luffy managed to bruise him. Fuji started sweating after taking on Luffy's attacks. And let's not forget that Oda made it look like they fought "evenly" with both their powers clashing together. As a result a lot, and I mean A LOT, of people are now sure Sabo is on the same level as him.

5. What I meant was as you said "aiding Luffy". That was his mission, and it sucked. I know he ran because he was trying to buy some time. Of course he doesn't stand a chance against both of them.

"- No character except maybe a yonko can take on Fujitora and Doflamingo alone." - Debatable. Luffy was also tired, fighting and running all day. Yet he was blitzing, and by blitzing I mean actually blizting Doflamingo to a point he not only could barely react but couldn't dodge as well. Gear 4 takes a huge amount of stamina and haki from Luffy, so I don't see healthy Luffy struggling on keeping that form for the rest of the fight against him.

I don't consider defeating Trebol a feat because, as you said, he was just a fodder. But what else can he do besides aiding? He couldn't keep up with Doffy and always needed Luffy. I know Luffy is the main character and trained with Rayleigh for a year and a half but seriously the par between them is too great. What's the point of the supernovas if Luffy is so far ahead of everyone? Well at least the one and only Ma D. Monk Urouge is there, but we all know Luffy ain't got shit on him.

Attacking Doffy off guard doesn't do him justice. I can say if they fought alone without Luffy, Law would've never landed a hit on him. The fact that they fought alone and Law used the same tactic (switched places with Doffy and a rock by surprise) and Doffy reacted to that easily, can already suggest that Doffy can dodge it.

I think Vergo > Pica because it seems that way. Vergo crushed Sanji's leg, crushed Smoker to a point he could barely stand, and lost to his own arrogance and a devil fruit enhanced ability. Pica ran, if that gives an untouchable feat considering his opponent toyed with him 90% of the fight and only cared when he tried attacking other weaker people. Law's mountain level attack wasn't an attack, it was a separation as Vergo was still conscious only incapacitated. Pica was knocked unconscious. While the gap may not be large we can't say someone who fought one person and lost after 2 hits is same portrayal as someone who fought 3 people and lost after 7 hits and an explosion.

Regarding me defending Law's character, I was explaining how Dressrosa > PH enemies so of course he wasn't going to have any defeats. Law didn't just defeat Trebol he did it with one arm, he defeated Smoker, meaning it doesn't guarantee he'd defeat Doflamingo. And I am saying that he did a lot to Doflamingo their second round before Luffy even got there.

Their first fight, Law didn't have any stamina because he ran from Fujitora and had to use his powers on two meteors and to escape his gravity hold. Doflamingo had the upper hand because Law stamina was drained even after throwing two meteors at the marine battleship. He did manage to land one hit in that fight even after Fujitora's bombardment of him. In their second fight, Law did many things. It's just again Luffy was away tending to a clone and Bellamy while Law has Trebol and Doffy. Law managed injection shot, blocked several attacks alone and even pushed Doflamingo on the defensive as he had his hand leaking blood. I do agree with you, Luffy is carrying Supernova on his back in terms of reputation. The government doesn't even know about Urogue vs Cracker and Snack. So in terms of reputation, Luffy takes kidnapping Caesar, defeating Doflamingo and escaping Fujitora. But Dressrosa Law was not useless compared to Punk Hazard Law.

Punk Hazard had only Smoker and Vergo oppose him. Won

Dressrosa had Fujitora and Doflamingo oppose him. Lost

Reason is Fujitora is Smoker's superior, he's an admiral. Doflamingo is Vergo's superior, Doflamingo is his leader and taught Vergo probably everything he knows, and considering the captain of every crew is stronger, Doflamingo > Vergo. Everyone was more trash than Punk Hazard.

- Sanji gets into stalemate with Vergo on Punk Hazard; almost killed on Dressrosa.
    - Nami burns the logia money on Punk Hazard, gets trapped by Jora on Dressrosa.
    Just a few examples, tougher opponents and situation.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Henderson View Post
    I think Vergo > Pica because it seems that way. Vergo crushed Sanji's leg, crushed Smoker to a point he could barely stand, and lost to his own arrogance and a devil fruit enhanced ability. Pica ran, if that gives an untouchable feat considering his opponent toyed with him 90% of the fight and only cared when he tried attacking other weaker people. Law's mountain level attack wasn't an attack, it was a separation as Vergo was still conscious only incapacitated. Pica was knocked unconscious. While the gap may not be large we can't say someone who fought one person and lost after 2 hits is same portrayal as someone who fought 3 people and lost after 7 hits and an explosion.

Regarding me defending Law's character, I was explaining how Dressrosa > PH enemies so of course he wasn't going to have any defeats. Law didn't just defeat Trebol he did it with one arm, he defeated Smoker, meaning it doesn't guarantee he'd defeat Doflamingo. And I am saying that he did a lot to Doflamingo their second round before Luffy even got there.

Their first fight, Law didn't have any stamina because he ran from Fujitora and had to use his powers on two meteors and to escape his gravity hold. Doflamingo had the upper hand because Law stamina was drained even after throwing two meteors at the marine battleship. He did manage to land one hit in that fight even after Fujitora's bombardment of him. In their second fight, Law did many things. It's just again Luffy was away tending to a clone and Bellamy while Law has Trebol and Doffy. Law managed injection shot, blocked several attacks alone and even pushed Doflamingo on the defensive as he had his hand leaking blood. I do agree with you, Luffy is carrying Supernova on his back in terms of reputation. The government doesn't even know about Urogue vs Cracker and Snack. So in terms of reputation, Luffy takes kidnapping Caesar, defeating Doflamingo and escaping Fujitora. But Dressrosa Law was not useless compared to Punk Hazard Law.

Punk Hazard had only Smoker and Vergo oppose him. Won

Dressrosa had Fujitora and Doflamingo oppose him. Lost

Reason is Fujitora is Smoker's superior, he's an admiral. Doflamingo is Vergo's superior, Doflamingo is his leader and taught Vergo probably everything he knows, and considering the captain of every crew is stronger, Doflamingo > Vergo. Everyone was more trash than Punk Hazard.

- Sanji gets into stalemate with Vergo on Punk Hazard; almost killed on Dressrosa.
    - Nami burns the logia money on Punk Hazard, gets trapped by Jora on Dressrosa.
    Just a few examples, tougher opponents and situation.
    Pica handled everyone of the fighters alone. They couldn't do anything against him. Pica is Dressrosa, neither Luffy nor Zoro could sense him in the palace. He's invisible. Vergo landed one good hit on Sanji, Sanji landed a few.

Both Law and Zoro had the same attack portrayal. Law may not use strength in this attack, but still had the range of a mountain. That's what his DF does. Zoro used more strength in his attack.

Of course I know he won't be able to defeat Doffy just because he beat Smoker. What I hated was that he was relying too much on Luffy. I mean come on, the guy lived his whole life trying to get stronger just to defeat Doffy, yet in the end he relied on Luffy.

I know, and i'm not denying the fact that PH's characters are weaker than Dressrosa's. But you can't just compare Law, who is a supernova and was a shichibukai, to the likes of Nami and Sanji. I mean, you would expect more from Law. At least push Doffy to at least mid diff.