Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Quote Originally Posted by TouchMahBelly View Post
    Pica handled everyone of the fighters alone. They couldn't do anything against him. Pica is Dressrosa, neither Luffy nor Zoro could sense him in the palace. He's invisible. Vergo landed one good hit on Sanji, Sanji landed a few.

Both Law and Zoro had the same attack portrayal. Law may not use strength in this attack, but still had the range of a mountain. That's what his DF does. Zoro used more strength in his attack.

Of course I know he won't be able to defeat Doffy just because he beat Smoker. What I hated was that he was relying too much on Luffy. I mean come on, the guy lived his whole life trying to get stronger just to defeat Doffy, yet in the end he relied on Luffy.

I know, and i'm not denying the fact that PH's characters are weaker than Dressrosa's. But you can't just compare Law, who is a supernova and was a shichibukai, to the likes of Nami and Sanji. I mean, you would expect more from Law. At least push Doffy to at least mid diff.
    Well you have good points there, Luffy is the only Supernova doing anything. Law kept saying "D" will bring another storm but he's one himself. Law is like the bully's sidekick who just so happens to pick a fight against a strong victim and looks for the actual tough bully to help him. Zoro, X Drake, Capone, Bonny(especially), Kidd, Apoo, Killer and Basil has nothing on their names. Urogue and Luffy are defeating big names.

So your point that he's too reliant on Luffy is indeed legit, physically prowess he needs help from others, he couldn't push Doflamingo besides the 4 attacks he landed but my objection was that his character wasn't completely useless.

In the story:

Strength: Law was useless.
    Overall: Useful

It was his planning that masterminded the entire Donquixote vs Luffian army war.

He studied Doflamingo, knows his powers and stopped lots of things. While he never defeated anyone aside from Trebol, he did indeed stop heavyweights in their tracks.

- Survived Fujitora's meteor shower barrage, and sent two of his own meteorites into his warship saving the Strawhats.
    - He held Doffy off before falling from stamina because of the above.
    - He defeated Trebol.
    - He held Doflamingo off long enough for Luffy to deal with Bellamy and the clone and even then nearly killed him with gamma knife. Going back over their fight Law did manage to harm him. Two injection shots, one caused his hand to bleed and the other pierced his abdomen, he even dealt with an assault from Trebol placing that he was outnumbered, while Trebol was sidelined he still interfered every now and then.

I do get your points, he's worth less than thought because he didn't do enough, but I don't think most of your argument is his disappointment as a Supernova but his disappointment as Captain of his own crew. You mentioned his Supernova status and he and Zoro both fought enemies you say to be equal of whom they both defeated. Zoro is also a supernova he's just a Vice Captain. So as a Captain Law should just become Luffy's 9th Captain in the grand fleet.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Thinking about it, it would have been way better if:

- Law had defeated Doflamingo
    - Luffy had defeated Burgess
    - Sabo fought with Issho and then later Luffy joined in on the fun, saving Sabo?

This way, Law would get a better performance on Dressrosa and not just be the hype tool for Doflamingo. Plus, his conflict and motivations were much bigger than Luffy's to beat Doflamingo, so much that it feels like Luffy stole his prize.

Burgess, on the other hand, was aiming for Luffy as well. And they could have fought it off on the Colosseum and later, Luffy could have defeated him.

Then when Issho tries to intervene to capture an exhausted Luffy (after defeating Burgess with G4), Sabo steps in and faces against Issho. After Luffy recovers and Sabo is getting his ass handed to him, Luffy gets to go into G4 again and King Kong Guns Issho, sending him flying away (not knocked out), buying them time to escape.

hen, instead of recovering for 3 days in Dressrosa (did we really need that?), they would leave asap with their allies and when Luffy wakes up he'd be already surrounded by his new allies, with no choice but to accept their allegiance. In the meantime, Issho would have returned to Dressrosa and caught a defeated Doflamingo, burnt on the inside by Gamma Knife and cut into pieces.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Thinking about it, it would have been way better if:

- Law had defeated Doflamingo
    - Luffy had defeated Burgess
    - Sabo fought with Issho and then later Luffy joined in on the fun, saving Sabo?

This way, Law would get a better performance on Dressrosa and not just be the hype tool for Doflamingo. Plus, his conflict and motivations were much bigger than Luffy's to beat Doflamingo, so much that it feels like Luffy stole his prize.

Burgess, on the other hand, was aiming for Luffy as well. And they could have fought it off on the Colosseum and later, Luffy could have defeated him.

Then when Issho tries to intervene to capture an exhausted Luffy (after defeating Burgess with G4), Sabo steps in and faces against Issho. After Luffy recovers and Sabo is getting his ass handed to him, Luffy gets to go into G4 again and King Kong Guns Issho, sending him flying away (not knocked out), buying them time to escape.

hen, instead of recovering for 3 days in Dressrosa (did we really need that?), they would leave asap with their allies and when Luffy wakes up he'd be already surrounded by his new allies, with no choice but to accept their allegiance. In the meantime, Issho would have returned to Dressrosa and caught a defeated Doflamingo, burnt on the inside by Gamma Knife and cut into pieces.
    I guess it's for the purpose of a future situation. Luffy probably beat Doflamingo because what other Supernova to defeat a warlord? To be fair I think Law should just become Luffy's underling because his crew needs serious help. He claimed they would die if on Dressrosa yet the Strawhats survived. He himself even said he needed Luffy which has to be a blow to his pride, Law is similar to a StrawHat. Think about the history.

If what you said were the case then he can remain Independent. But considering the route it went he should be 8th captain of SH grand fleet. He had a backstory, and Luffy had to save his life. Just like he saved Nami from Arlong. Robin and Franky from CP9. Saved all his members from time to time, but Law is the one ally who Luffy saved but remains apart of another crew.

If Oda wants us to look at the Supernovas as a replacement to all the current people we've seen, he's going to have to show that at least more than 2/11 can defeat a sweet commander/Doflamingo. Otherwise Law should just be like Zoro or Killer, Supernovas who are underlings of another. Not even Kidd defeated a sweet commander, and he's the guy on Saboady saying that he will rival Luffy. I'm only looking forward to Urogue right about now, this guy defeated Snack and survived the onslaught of a storm and enraged army just like Luffy, he has a devil fruit that works like Gear 4 and it's safe to assume this badass has some monster Haki, puffing up alone doesn't make him strong enough, we saw that when he fought the pacifista.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Henderson View Post
    I guess it's for the purpose of a future situation. Luffy probably beat Doflamingo because what other Supernova to defeat a warlord? To be fair I think Law should just become Luffy's underling because his crew needs serious help. He claimed they would die if on Dressrosa yet the Strawhats survived. He himself even said he needed Luffy which has to be a blow to his pride, Law is similar to a StrawHat. Think about the history.

If what you said were the case then he can remain Independent. But considering the route it went he should be 8th captain of SH grand fleet. He had a backstory, and Luffy had to save his life. Just like he saved Nami from Arlong. Robin and Franky from CP9. Saved all his members from time to time, but Law is the one ally who Luffy saved but remains apart of another crew.

If Oda wants us to look at the Supernovas as a replacement to all the current people we've seen, he's going to have to show that at least more than 2/11 can defeat a sweet commander/Doflamingo. Otherwise Law should just be like Zoro or Killer, Supernovas who are underlings of another. Not even Kidd defeated a sweet commander, and he's the guy on Saboady saying that he will rival Luffy. I'm only looking forward to Urogue right about now, this guy defeated Snack and survived the onslaught of a storm and enraged army just like Luffy, he has a devil fruit that works like Gear 4 and it's safe to assume this badass has some monster Haki, puffing up alone doesn't make him strong enough, we saw that when he fought the pacifista.
    Nah, I don't think Law will be Luffy's subordinate. The parallels are there. Luffy is Roger. Law is Whitebeard. Kidd is Shiki. They're allies. And thinking about the history, it should definitely have been Law defeating Doflamingo. It was personal. Luffy just got in the way because of what Doflamingo did in Dressrosa, and Luffy didn't even know half of it.

They're allies, that's what they are.

Looking down on the other Supernovas when they're clearly making waves in the New World is a mistake imo. Urouge took down a Commander, yes, and Kidd got defeated. By Kaido! Luffy barely defeated Cracker, imagine if he had faced a Yonko like Kaido or Big Mom.
    Plus we can't forget that the other supernovas are also making power moves, like Law did by taking down Caesar and SAD factory. Bege infiltrating Big Mom, X Drake infiltrating Kaido. It's important that we can't forget that if it wasn't for Law undermining Doflamingo's plan and shifting the gears of the New World, Kaido would still have his supplies for his Zoan Army. Relevance and importance isn't shown only through strength. Strategy is important as well.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Nah, I don't think Law will be Luffy's subordinate. The parallels are there. Luffy is Roger. Law is Whitebeard. Kidd is Shiki. They're allies. And thinking about the history, it should definitely have been Law defeating Doflamingo. It was personal. Luffy just got in the way because of what Doflamingo did in Dressrosa, and Luffy didn't even know half of it.

They're allies, that's what they are.

Looking down on the other Supernovas when they're clearly making waves in the New World is a mistake imo. Urouge took down a Commander, yes, and Kidd got defeated. By Kaido! Luffy barely defeated Cracker, imagine if he had faced a Yonko like Kaido or Big Mom.
    Plus we can't forget that the other supernovas are also making power moves, like Law did by taking down Caesar and SAD factory. Bege infiltrating Big Mom, X Drake infiltrating Kaido. It's important that we can't forget that if it wasn't for Law undermining Doflamingo's plan and shifting the gears of the New World, Kaido would still have his supplies for his Zoan Army. Relevance and importance isn't shown only through strength. Strategy is important as well.
    I mean Kidd got defeated by a yonko commander. Brle said none of them made it far, Urogue beat Snack at least, it would be awesome if they at least did something, at least he sunk some of her ships, X-Drake fought Scotch, Basil defeated Brownbeard and probably got a territory, but Apoo and Bonny aren't doing much.

Regarding Law, I always mention how aside from strength that he's the best when it comes down to planning, in the Heart-StrawHat alliance he's the mastermind that orchestrated the entire Dressrosa-Punk Hazard war, while it was Luffy who did all the dirty work, I was only stating that if Oda continues to make Law an underdog that Law becoming a subordinate should be next step, but I doubt Law will always be that weak. It all depends on how you look at it.

When others describe Law they sometimes make him seem completely useless, but in making a comparison, Law did a lot more than sanji who is nearly equal to Zoro. So in that we can say Law is at least in between Luffy and Zoro(Supernova) so that's something we can go off of.

The battle wasn't completely one sided he had drawn lots of blood from Doffy before Luffy even arrived to help, he just couldn't finish the job.

I just want all Supernovas to get a reaction like Luffy where everyone knows they're strong, because even of the things you mentioned above, 80% the world doesn't know those things only the reader does. Everyone know Law destroyed SAD, and Luffy defeated Doflamingo and Caesar, but no one knows Urogue defeated Snack, or that X- Drake even confronted Scotch. I guess my concern is impatience rather.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Henderson View Post
    I mean Kidd got defeated by a yonko commander. Brle said none of them made it far, Urogue beat Snack at least, it would be awesome if they at least did something, at least he sunk some of her ships, X-Drake fought Scotch, Basil defeated Brownbeard and probably got a territory, but Apoo and Bonny aren't doing much.
    We don't know what happened. Did the strongest commander go after Kidd? Did he face Big Mom himself?
    Regarding Law, I always mention how aside from strength that he's the best when it comes down to planning, in the Heart-StrawHat alliance he's the mastermind that orchestrated the entire Dressrosa-Punk Hazard war, while it was Luffy who did all the dirty work, I was only stating that if Oda continues to make Law an underdog that Law becoming a subordinate should be next step, but I doubt Law will always be that weak. It all depends on how you look at it.
    That's exactly the point, and the reason why you think that if it keeps going Law is just an underling. It shouldn't be. It should have been him defeating Doflamingo, not Luffy. Looking back, I'm quite glad that he was the one defeating Vergo, the strongest in Punk Hazard, mainly because of their past. It should have been the same between Doflamingo and Law, not Trebol and Law. Trebol was not the real enemy, the real villain of Law's past.

This makes even more sense when you consider that there were other top dogs in Dressrosa aside from Doflamingo that Luffy could have fought!. We have Issho and Burgess. Instead, we have 1 man handling both! Sabo! Why? Why couldn't have Burgess got a fairer display by fighting Luffy? Why couldn't Issho got to show more of his power and get a better display by fighting Sabo seriously?
    When others describe Law they sometimes make him seem completely useless, but in making a comparison, Law did a lot more than sanji who is nearly equal to Zoro. So in that we can say Law is at least in between Luffy and Zoro(Supernova) so that's something we can go off of.

The battle wasn't completely one sided he had drawn lots of blood from Doffy before Luffy even arrived to help, he just couldn't finish the job.
    Spoiler!
    Not really a fair comparison. 1st - Sanji was not even present for most part of the arc while Law was present all the time. 2nd - Sanji did not have an especial or important relevance or connection to the arc himself or the villain.
    It would be like Luffy defeating Judge or Sanji's brothers and stealing that spotlight from Sanji. I get the whole "he's my friend, you hurt my friend, so I'm gonna protect him and kick your ass!", but when there's other alternatives and when the character in question (Law) has potential to beat the villain, why take that away from him?

On one hand, it would have been pretty satisfying and fair. Justice would have been served. On the other hand though, people would nag that Luffy is the MC and he should be the one defeating the main antagonist of the arc, and that Law stole his spotlight. But since Burgess and Issho were present, that wouldn't be the issue as forces stronger than Doflamingo could have faced Luffy.

It's not really about powerlevels and Law being strong or not. We know he is. Gamma Knife would have finished Doflamingo if it wasn't for his regeneration, and Law was at disadvantage at all times. The point would be that Law was the one deserving to have his revenge, to be the one defeating his main enemy. Not Luffy.

I just want all Supernovas to get a reaction like Luffy where everyone knows they're strong, because even of the things you mentioned above, 80% the world doesn't know those things only the reader does. Everyone know Law destroyed SAD, and Luffy defeated Doflamingo and Caesar, but no one knows Urogue defeated Snack, or that X- Drake even confronted Scotch. I guess my concern is impatience rather.
    Well, they clearly are making an impact

the world is rattled with this Supernovas, at least the ones not laying low.
    Last edited by Overhaul; Jan 6th '17 at 10:40 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

We don't know what happened. Did the strongest commander go after Kidd? Did he face Big Mom himself?

That's exactly the point, and the reason why you think that if it keeps going Law is just an underling. It shouldn't be. It should have been him defeating Doflamingo, not Luffy. Looking back, I'm quite glad that he was the one defeating Vergo, the strongest in Punk Hazard, mainly because of their past. It should have been the same between Doflamingo and Law, not Trebol and Law. Trebol was not the real enemy, the real villain of Law's past.

This makes even more sense when you consider that there were other top dogs in Dressrosa aside from Doflamingo that Luffy could have fought!. We have Issho and Burgess. Instead, we have 1 man handling both! Sabo! Why? Why couldn't have Burgess got a fairer display by fighting Luffy? Why couldn't Issho got to show more of his power and get a better display by fighting Sabo seriously?

Not really a fair comparison. 1st - Sanji was not even present for most part of the arc while Law was present all the time. 2nd - Sanji did not have an especial or important relevance or connection to the arc himself or the villain.
    It would be like Luffy defeating Judge or Sanji's brothers and stealing that spotlight from Sanji. I get the whole "he's my friend, you hurt my friend, so I'm gonna protect him and kick your ass!", but when there's other alternatives and when the character in question (Law) has potential to beat the villain, why take that away from him?

On one hand, it would have been pretty satisfying and fair. Justice would have been served. On the other hand though, people would nag that Luffy is the MC and he should be the one defeating the main antagonist of the arc, and that Law stole his spotlight. But since Burgess and Issho were present, that wouldn't be the issue as forces stronger than Doflamingo could have faced Luffy.

It's not really about powerlevels and Law being strong or not. We know he is. Gamma Knife would have finished Doflamingo if it wasn't for his regeneration, and Law was at disadvantage at all times. The point would be that Law was the one deserving to have his revenge, to be the one defeating his main enemy. Not Luffy.

Well, they clearly are making an impact

the world is rattled with this Supernovas, at least the ones not laying low.
    I wasn't trying to bash Sanji, I was just saying that Law did more than Luffy's top two guys, supporting that he did a lot in terms of strength, everyone's first time fighting Doflamingo they got humiliated even Luffy.

Law at least his first time around managed one scratch

It shows he's strong but not as much as Luffy
    Last edited by Overhaul; Jan 6th '17 at 10:40 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman thief

Oh,it feels so long ago and my memory sucks so bad.I can't really remember the details quite clearly but just for the sake of input, I'll say things I do remember.
    1. The Mera Mera no Mi, and by extension Sabo. I know that many would disagree with me, but I don't think that either of them needed to be in this arc. One could say that it kinda gave a reason for Blackbeard to get his hands on Aces' fruit (which I think would have been better if he did). But maybe it could have been done differently. Basically Sabo coming back to life has no purpose. Oda had set this up from the beginning so there was no way to do anything about it. But Sabo just doesn't feel right. Ace was the original. As long as I'm concerned, Ace is only brother Luffy ever needed. He's simply awesome. Sabo just feels like a poor imitation.
    2. Diamante needed a little more something. Say what you will about the other executives, I think that Diamante was probably the weakest overall. I mean not just based on strength but also with what he was supposed to be.
    3. The entire arc,as many stated needed to be shorter.
    http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-3119164088.gif

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

@Jamal Henderson yeah, I didn't think you were bashing on Sanji, but it's how it is. This had more to do with Law than with Luffy. We even had his flashbacks. So it would be fair, even if one of the M3 didn't get many exposure, to receive it later.

Thing is ... just 1 scratch? That's hardly something relevant. As you said, the other Supernovas should be more influential! Law defeating Doflamingo would give him enough influence, and so would Luffy defeating Burgess. It would be fair and awesome for both of them.

And later we saw that Law was more capable of doing just a scratch. Thing is, Oda always needed to find a way to weaken or exhaust him before he fought with Doflamingo, and that severely prejudiced him in the end. Hadn't Oda did that, it would be fairer and Law would stand a better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepter View Post
    Oh,it feels so long ago and my memory sucks so bad.I can't really remember the details quite clearly but just for the sake of input, I'll say things I do remember.
    1. The Mera Mera no Mi, and by extension Sabo. I know that many would disagree with me, but I don't think that either of them needed to be in this arc. One could say that it kinda gave a reason for Blackbeard to get his hands on Aces' fruit (which I think would have been better if he did). But maybe it could have been done differently. Basically Sabo coming back to life has no purpose. Oda had set this up from the beginning so there was no way to do anything about it. But Sabo just doesn't feel right. Ace was the original. As long as I'm concerned, Ace is only brother Luffy ever needed. He's simply awesome. Sabo just feels like a poor imitation.
    2. Diamante needed a little more something. Say what you will about the other executives, I think that Diamante was probably the weakest overall. I mean not just based on strength but also with what he was supposed to be.
    3. The entire arc,as many stated needed to be shorter.
    I wouldn't mind no Sabo and no Mera, but Mera was the reason for the Colosseum. Would there be no Colosseum then? Just straight up conflict against the Donquixote family?

Because, as good as it may sound (it does), then Luffy wouldn't make all his allies that way. Unless they were already imprisoned by Sugar and working as toys, and then by Usopp and Luffy saving them, they pledge their alliance to the Straw Hats and display their skills against the Donquixote subordinates.

However, this would also mean Burgess would have no reason to be there ... unless he knew Doflamingo had the Mera and was trying to steal it from Mingo. Or if he was hunting Luffy to gain his fruit.
    Last edited by Overhaul; Jan 7th '17 at 07:18 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts doctor

Oh, what a thread to come back to. I'll do this under the assumption that the Curly Hats are still chased out of Dressrosa by the Big Mom Pirates as that has thus far turned into a rather compelling plotline.

Now let's see:

1. Rebecca and Violet are one character.

I saw @Redeyes suggest mixing Mansherry in as well, but I think she serves as the (rather forgettable) motivation for the dwarves. Combing Rebecca and Violet into a single entity changes things slightly.

A. This new character (who'll be referred to as New Rebecca) combines the best of Violet to remedy many of the problems people have with Rebecca. New Rebecca is still Kyros and Scarlet's daughter, but she's at least 2 or 3 years older so that she's not as jailbait-y (Seriously, a busty 16 year old running around in naught but chain mail... Oda has some weird kinks). Scarlet is killed by Diamante, Kyros is turned into a toy and New Rebecca is taken in by the Donquixote Pirates and raised as one of their own. This allows her to become a capable fighter, not babied by her father. Kyros in the meanwhile still formulates his plan with the Dwarves. New Rebecca at some point over the 10 years the DQs ruled the island finds out that Doflamingo had her mother killed and wants revenge.

B. New Rebecca takes Viola's role in the beginning of the arc (messing with Sanji) and knows of the Straw Hats' deeds overhearing Doflamingo talking about them. She trusts Sanji, spills the beans and enters the coliseum to win Ace's fruit so that she can takedown Doflamingo (having previously earned his permission to eat it if she wins). She meets and befriends Luffy and the coliseum rolls right along, with New Rebecca winning her Block through her own merits.

C. Luffy gets information from New Rebecca and infiltrates the palace with Zoro and Kin'emon. New Rebecca remembers her father when Sugar is defeated and she meets up with Kyros in the Coliseum and the two team up to take out Diamante. Later, the two go to buy time for Luffy to recover from 4th Gear. Doflamingo instead tries to use Parasite on Kyros to kill New Rebecca, but Luffy saves the day. Also...eliminate that creepy rape subplot that Oda alluded to between Doffy and Viola. None of the citizens cared about Rebecca and Kyros' relationship, so that stays and New Rebecca gets to be princess.

Unless there's a major reveal about Viola at the Reverie, I don't think her character added too much. On the other hand, Rebecca had oodles of potential, but a poor execution.

2. Fix the Coliseum

I've made clear my distaste for the majority of the side characters of this arc, but had the Coliseum not been a plot device for Sabo to get Ace's Fruit, it could've been so much better. So let's get started.

A. The final bout is a match with the Diamante Squad (minus one manchild). Pica's army can do a better job defending the castle while said manchild and the Marines guard the SAD factory. The Coliseum plays out similarly, only there are 5 blocks. Luffy, Bartolomeo, Cavendish, Sabo and Rebecca are the winners. Luffy has to defeat Burgess in A Block to claim the spot, a fight that in theory would be a lot closer than Luffy vs. Chinjao. Barto wins his Block the same, fending off a joint attack by Sai and Bellamy. Hakuba gets a clean sweep, save for Chinjao and they settle their score on who will kill Luffy. Sabo has entered the tournament in a disguise and wins his Block while Luffy isn't watching.

B. Just before Rebecca's block, Law is beaten and captured. Rebecca gives him the information and Luffy races off to save him as Sabo emerges from the ring. Touchy reunion. Thunder Soldier takes Luffy's spot as Burgess is nowhere to be found (the only losers to escape being below the Coliseum; Burgess was knocked out of the ring [thereby preserving some mystery as to his full power] and Thunder Soldier is already a toy). Sugar is defeated and Kyros is restored.

C. Cavendish fights Lao G, Bartolomeo fights Machvise, Rebecca fights Dellinger and then Kyros and Rebecca team up to finish Diamante. Cabbage and Barto then eliminate each other just prior. Meanwhile, Sabo has gone after Burgess, who wants the Flame-Flame Fruit. Sabo had his run-in with Fujitora and is not at 100%. Burgess (in possession of the fruit) has called the Blackbeard Pirates and is awaiting pickup when Sabo confronts him at Green Bit, finishes him and claims the fruit for himself. That way, Sabo doesn't eat the fruit and become an instant prodigy with it (*cough* Hiken right off the bat *cough*). As this happens, Rebecca and Kyros head for Luffy and Doflamingo.

D. As for the underground, the losers are trapped and turned into toys. Usopp and Co infiltrate and succeed in their plan of knocking Sugar out. Trebol goes to finish off Usopp when Sai, Hajrudin, Ideo, Orlumbus and the rest turn on him. All of their best moves connect, knocking him out. They pledge fealty to Usopp as God and escape above ground, with Orlumbus eventually helping Zoro re-engage Pica. Hajrudin and Sai can take the place of Elizabeth in crushing the remnants of the golem.

Suddenly, the coliseum is stream-lined, highlighting the important fighters while cutting out the eyesores (anyone else remember all of the outlandish theories about Meadows?).

3. The Donquixote Pirates SUCK

About the only thing I dislike more than the coliseum fighters is Doflamingo's crew. Their captain is one of the most striking, loathsome and powerful characters in the series. He had his tentacles involved with Bellamy, the Human Auction House and Punk Hazard as well as being a mainstay in the Underworld, a former Celestial Dragon with Conqueror's Hakim. So...why does none of this cool trickle down to his followers? So let's go step by step in remaking the Donquixote Pirates.

1. Pica: A pretty easy fix. Pica's imposing figure and Devil Fruit are off-set by his silly voice. Pica doesn't have a character problem; in fact, he shines amidst the garbage. Pica's problem is that he was sacrificed on the altar of the God of Zoro Hype. We know he was capable of full body Armament Haki, but Zoro put him to shame. I know a good number of us are tired of Zoro shitstomping everyone he fights in the New World, so why not make Pica a true mountain to climb? Have Zoro struggle to find off and eventually overcome the golem's Haki fists.

2. Diamante: A bit of a lost cause. Like Pica, Diamante seems like he was written for Kyros to curbstomp; only in Kyros' case, he was worn down defending Rebecca. With Rebecca made into a solid fighter, Diamante should be stronger to compensate. For instance, Rebecca attacks Diamante as Kyros is being pummeled with the spiked balls, giving him the opening to finish him off.

3. Trebol: Too much work needs to be done. Diamante at least compensates a stupid Devil Fruit with an interesting design. Trebol fails on both fronts and his defeat at the hands of Law is one of the more inglorious from this arc. Trebol's failed defense of Sugar should've been his only shot. I said earlier that Usopp goes balls to the walls fighting him, but falls short. Usopp loses the battle but wins the war by knocking Sugar out, allowing the freed Gladiators a chance at revenge on Trebol, knocking him out in a series of blows to demonstrate their power.

4. Baby 5: Like her counterpart Buffalo, Baby 5 was introduced in a better arc. Her appearance in Dressrosa is merely a reprisal. The Pica Army was defending the castle, so it only makes sense that the people most eager to make it to Luffy (his crew) take out the ones closest to Doffy. In this case, Robin (HOLY FUCKING SHIT, A ROBIN FIGHT? Croc, you tease) and Baby 5 would make an interesting match up. Even better, a tag battle with Robin and Usopp against Baby 5 and Buffalo.

5. Buffalo: Same as Baby 5. Let Usopp finish the job he started at Punk Hazard. It's also a decent callback to Usopp and Chopper's fight in Alabasta. Only this time, Usopp trades the childish admiration of Chopper for Robin's cold indifference.

6. Gladius: Next to Pica, the best of the lot. This guy we at least saw take a 2nd Gear hit from Luffy. Combine that with a cool Devil Fruit and design and Gladius cements his place as the only Executive to seem threatening. As for an opponent, let Ideo have this one. He's one of the cooler Coliseum characters design wise and the portrayal of him and Sai after B Block is horribly inconsistent. Ideo's explosive punches vs. Gladius' explosive fruit. A match made in heaven.

7. Lao G: Meh... Cool powers, stupid design. Sacrifice him to hype Cabbage or Bart.

8. Machvise: Inverse the above. I get that Oda themed most of these Devil Fruits as being the superior to the ones used by Baroque Works, but surely he had something better than "Another bad guy who gets heavy and falls on you from the sky."

9. Dellinger: He looks positively stupid, but he was plenty destructive. My only remedy: He ate the Fish-Fish Fruit: Model Shark. Crazy? Perhaps, but it would be interesting seeing how a sea creature Zoan would work on land. Besides, Fighting Fish suck. They nommed on fodder and got bodied by any named character they came across. I'd be embarrassed if one was my parent.

10. He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named: Yeah, this bastard. In my opinion, one of the worst characters Oda has ever conceived. So how do we fix it? First, eliminate his stupid baby theme. His back story and motivation are stupid and counter-intuitive to the wishes of his comatose wife and pisses on the memory of the son who died in his absense. I get that Franky fights quirky guys like Fukuro, but Pink also presents himself as a man's man. This presents a golden opportunity in my rewrite: New Rebecca. Pink lost his family while serving under Doflamingo, so he could be the lone friendly presence in the crew for New Rebecca, who was forced into the crew as a child. Pink would be loyal to Doflamingo because he views himself as too weak and broken to leave the crew, while silently encouraging on and cheering for New Rebecca. His fight with Franky is now far more poignant and his flashback to his family makes him an endearing character.

Secondly, his fighting style is reeeeeally stupid. A wrestler fighting style is a bit redundant with the more powerful Burgess skulking around the island. Pink would fight like Lucci and Blueno (his Swim-Swim Fruit acting similar to the Door-Door Fruit), giving Franky a decent show of not only his speed (being able to dodge and counter Pink's speedy attacks) but his power as well (overcoming a formidable self-defense technique, instead of just wailing away at him). His stamina would also shine in his valiant defense against Pink and the Marines.

11. Jora: I don't have too much of a problem with her portrayal. None of Trebol's fighters seem particularlyrics strong, only excelling in sneak attacks. I'd probably write a better finish to her fight with Leo, but I don't care about either character enough to bother.

12. Sugar: Eliminate her second coming. Usopp can develop Haki in his last attack against Buffalo, with Trebol's fight providing a catalyst for that development.

So those are the three biggest changes I'd make. Needless to say, the arc would be a good 10-20 chapters shorter. Luffy's trip to the palace would also be his last and the Birdcage would probably appear while Luffy is recharging 4th Gear instead of sitting their doing nothing for the longest time. Hopefully, that would cut down on the more egregious "filler" chapters that made the arc drag for soooooo long. I might do a TL; DR later outlining the main events of the arc, but I've spent the last 3 hours on this.
    Last edited by Super Croc; Jan 24th '17 at 11:16 PM.

Fact: Oda will never introduce a character as useless as Kyuin.