Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

The Trial of Zou

Okay guys.. This one is big. Buckle up. I've been sitting on this general idea for a little while and the dots finally just connected for me so I immediately came here to share my thoughts.

I read an ancient Kenyan myth a little while ago that got me thinking of ideas which sort of snowballed into what is this theory. First, I'll start by sharing this legend with you in a shortened version I found on the web.

The Elephant and Thunder

Spoiler!

So what does all this have to do with One Piece? I will attempt to explain what I think...

Now... This could potentially color in (at least parts of) the Void Century.

This part of the thread will cover some things that are also theoretical but are all a basis of the theory. Some of these, I am probably not the first to cover. Let's get started with some things to note for the end result of the theory.

---Zunisha is not the only one of her kind---

It is rumored that hundreds of ships disappear each year in the Florian Triangle... Could this be from getting stomped out by giant elephants? I mean like probably... But that's not all. The eerie fog that is present in the Florian Triangle is very similar to the mist that follows Zou. And don't forget about "the sea's bizarre face."

Spoiler!

I honestly have no idea what else could be in the Florian Triangle if not for other giant elephants or at least giant land based animals (let's call them Land Kings... or something.)

---The Ancient Weapon Uranus has similar functionality to The Ancient Weapon Poseidon---

During the events of Fishman Island, we learned that the mermaid princess Shirahoshi is actually the Ancient Weapon Poseidon.

Spoiler!

This is of course the name which Robin is referring to. We all know that the Sea Kings are those gigantic, fearsome water monsters that lurk all over the seas and make the Calm Belts a super dangerous place. According to legend, the power of Poseidon, which is the power to control all Sea Kings, could bring about the end of the world if Poseidon so chooses. The ability to command a huge, formidable creature, has been shown somewhere else in the series though, no? Just recently, actually.

Spoiler!

So what am I implying?

If you guessed "Momonosuke is the Ancient Weapon Uranus," then you're correct.

The ability to command Zunisha is a very interesting one indeed. It is not outlandish to say that Zunisha could lay waste to an entire country. Her size and weight are easily enough to trample cities. Now, consider what I mentioned earlier and that there could be an entire herd of elephants like this (or possibly Land Kings >.>) in the Florian Triangle. I think that if there were a large enough group, the ability to command these creatures could also bring about the end of the world.

Also please take note of this next part, I believe that it is extremely important.

Spoiler!

The only known people who could hear both the Sea Kings AND Zunisha are Monkey D Luffy & Gol D Roger. This likely plays into the Will of D and The Voice Of All Things.

Would these parallels mean that the young Kozuki boy is indeed the Ancient Weapon Uranus? It could and I believe it does. But there's more...

Spoiler!

I'll get back to that later though.

---Joy Boy knew he was going to die---

The cryptic apology message left by Joy Boy on the Poneglyph seems to raise more questions than it answers. What was Joyboy's promise with the former Poseidon? Who will be the one to fulfill his wish? How did a Poneglyph even get down to Fishman Island anyway? I am not concerned with these things. What does concern me is that Joy Boy actually wrote a Poneglyph. If he did, it would most likely mean that he was a member of the Kozuki clan which would also be consistent with the previous evidence that leads to this assumption.

Spoiler!

So if Shirahoshi is the relative of the former Poseidon, would it not then make sense for Momonosuke's ancestor to have also been in possession of the power of Uranus?

Anyways, the subject of Joy Boy's note leads me to believe he knew something was going to happen to him. He and his clan had already begun constructing the Poneglyphs because they probably knew well that the group which would later turn into the World Government (and likely the Gorosei) were after them. These ancient messages are essentially indestructible and were mostly written to pass down the world's history and information about The Ancient Weapons. So why then, did Joy Boy write an apology letter on one? Because he knew that he would never get to tell the recipient his message face to face. He knew he was going to die so he did something drastic before giving himself up.

---The People of the sky have been in possession of the Goro Goro no Mi since the Void Century---

As many of us know by now, when a Devil Fruit user dies, the fruit is reincarnated into the nearest tree. Considering how remote the people of the sky are, it is unlikely that this fruit was brought up to them by someone from the Blue Seas. It seems that they have been keeping it amongst themselves for centuries. Remember, the sky island was not completely devoid of plant life before Jaya got sent up there; the beanstalk had been up there the whole time. The idea of them having an electricity based fruit for so long could help explain why Birka seemed to be so technologically advanced. In fact, it almost seemed to directly respond to the powers of the Goro Goro no Mi when Enel visited the Birkan ruins on the moon.

Spoiler!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let me get on to the conclusion and the actual theory part...

We know that Zunisha is over 1000 years old and continues to walk the planet aimlessly because of a crime she committed.

Spoiler!

What is it that Zunisha did and where is she actually going? I will answer these by relating back to the Kenyan myth.

Once more;
    Spoiler!

The Elephant = Zunisha and her kind

Man = The future World Government

Thunder = The sky people in possession of the Goro Goro no Mi

Now here comes the crazy part... What did Zunisha do?

Spoiler!

Thunder feared that man was getting too powerful. The poisonous arrows may be relatable to Devil Fruits. The World Government may have been tampering with the tree's DNA to make it produce more or certain kinds of Devil Fruits. Being scared of man's growing power and ambition, thunder fled to the sky; this relates to the sky people creating a civilization on the moon. Joy Boy, however, knew of the imminent threat that man would cause and so he attempted to destroy their greatest asset with the help of Zunisha. His power as Uranus would make him the only one capable of giving her an order. Since we know that Joy Boy had ties to the Ancient Kingdom, we can safely assume that he was an enemy of what would become the World Government. After being devastated by such an act, the World Government likely killed Joy Boy and invaded his home country of Wano (assuming that he was indeed a Kozuki.) During this time, the World Government could've completely cut off the country of Wano from the rest of the world. It was explicitly stated by Brook that Wano is a country which is not affiliated with the World Government... The only other civilization in One Piece that I can remember which also has no ties to the World Government is Skypiea... Coincidence? I think Joy Boy may have tried fleeing with thunder, but did not want to jeopardize their safety. During this time, it is possible that Joy Boy bore a child and this child could have been the very first D (or Half Moon Child.) ​Anyways... After completing the Poneglyphs, Joy Boy probably gave himself up to protect the Kozuki Clan and the sky people. Zunisha can only be commanded by the chosen ones; not even Luffy can speak to her. Knowing this information, WG would have to turn the Kozuki clan upside down to find the one they were looking for. After they had Joy Boy command Zunisha to walk until she found her herd (which she never will because they are on the other side of the Red Line,) it is likely that Joy Boy was killed after giving this command. However, the WG probably did not expect that power to be passed down and resurface within that very same clan.. And this same clan passed down the history on the Poneglyphs as well to warn the future about the dangers of man if man were to become too powerful again.

So guys... What do you think? I could probably organize these thoughts a bit better, I was just very excited to share.
    Last edited by JDtheAlchemist; Feb 6th '17 at 06:47 AM.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JDtheAlchemist For This Useful Post:

AndrewtheAmericanDude  (Jan 31st '17), BTR  (Feb 1st '17), FireAngeL  (Jan 31st '17), Goldbeard  (Feb 2nd '17), Jam  (Jan 31st '17), Jamal Henderson  (Jan 31st '17), Joseph Joestar  (Feb 2nd '17), Kuza  (Feb 14th '17), Loni  (Jan 31st '17), Matternativ  (Feb 2nd '17), Nekomamushi  (Jan 31st '17), Outlaw  (Feb 6th '17), Overhaul  (Feb 6th '17), RobinNico  (Jan 31st '17), usso  (Feb 7th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Really good work on the thread, man! I was worried for a second that you were gonna copy one of my threads But you went above and beyond.

So, I will say I completely agree that Momo is Uranus. It makes perfect sense. Poseidon owns the sea, Uranus owns the land, Pluton rules the sky, the key difference being that Pluton seems to be machinery.

As for Joy Boy also being Uranus back then, that's a really interesting theory. That you brought up the fact that he wrote the Poneglyph does highly suggest that he's from Wano, as well. Very good find. Haven't seen that mentioned anywhere before.

As for what Zunisha was tasked with, I'm not so sure if I agree on that part. As they said, she was punished for something. Now, whether or not that is true, I don't really know. At least the part about destroying Mariejois, or the Red Line, seems a bit out of reach for one huge ass elephant to do. The Devil Fruit Tree idea is intriguing, though.

Joy Boy had to have an offspring if the power of Uranus is truly inherited, though, just as Poseidon is an inherited power. Joy Boy promised that some day, someone would come to fulfill his promise, which might mean that he's talking about someone inheriting his will, aka the power of Uranus.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

I'm not sure if I like 2 ancient weapons being so similar, nor can I be confident that Oda knows of this Kenyan myth, but I can't deny that this theory is well written and seems quite reasonable in and of itself. The part that got me was Joy Boy being Kozuki, that makes sense. Also a full page spread of several immensely big elephants marching in the sea during the final war would be sooo hype

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

This thread has me in the edge of my seat lol

This is all very interesting, even if Oda doesn't base these outcomes on that Kenyan Myth in particular I do know one thing though, Skypeia and Wano are both hiding something, except I believe also there are some secrets to whatever is happening in the series. Maybe if extraterrestrial beings are involved somewhat here there's is more to add in my opinion. Because a lot of odd things occur to only two people in this story that we call "plot armor" but may be more complicated.

You mentioned the Will of D and those who carry it yet on Zou, Law was right by Luffy and he couldn't hear Zunisha's voice. Law also carries that initial. But I believe that are still tied slightly. I had another theory but Oda in an interview said he don't believe in reincarnations, that theory of mine involved Luffy being Roger in spirit being that he resembles him more than his own son, Luffy and Roger looks more alike and Ace looks like Dragon imo. Also Luffy grew close to Ace, Garp and Whitebeard(Also Rayleigh, Shanks; carrying his hat) all like Roger. But like I said Oda doesn't believe in reviving a character once they die, so I have another theory.

There's a hidden supernatural entity that manipulates some things in favor of both Roger and Luffy's favor and the D clan in Whole but mainly the Pirate King and his successor, but it can only end once both these guys accomplish a dream such as discovering Raftel but only they are given this supernatural favor to even hope to do it. This ties to your theories above by the way. I'm going to explain further.

Roger was just a pirate who somehow had the power to gain allies and he had hidden luck to do many things. Things like,

- Edd War, being surrounded completely but saved by a mysterious storm(theorized to be Dragon).
    - Always escaped captivity even by Garp who was VA at the time.
    - Hearing all voices
    - building allies of the unlikeliest of people like Tom who was against warships building just that for him, Garp, his worse enemy raising his son, Shiki attempting to save him(although for personal reasons), having Oden who was against traveling on pirate ships travel with him, and even somehow having Big Mom allow him to go off with a copy of her ponygleph.

However once he decided he wanted to die after his life assignment of discovering Raftel was accomplished, he was actually executed, as if his "luck" ended only after discovering Raftel as he was even sick, but he had a good doctor to take care of that.

Now with Luffy, we followed his whole journey and it is just like Roger's, he had supernatural luck as if a supernatural being is looking over him.

- Bandits holding him hostage were all killed.
    - A sea king couldn't touch him, as Shanks saved him.
    - Robin(an enemy) continuously helping him from Crocodile.
    - Buggy failing an execution on him, Smoker failing to capture him all in the same arc.(Dragon helped).
    - Enel being ineffective against him in devil fruit powers.
    - Infamous Rob Lucci failing to kill him twice.
    - Entering a woman only island escaping an army of Haki users, and finding favoritism with its empress
    - Entering and escaping Impel Down.
    - Invading and escaping Marineford's war and Akainu's hunt, with the help of WB pirates, red haired, heart pirates Jinbei and Ivan, and even Buggy, tracing back to the 'unlikeliest' of allies befriending him even Coby buying time.
    - Now he like Roger is surviving Big Mom, and Luffy only has half his crew.

But something only these two guys have done, is travel to that Sky Island, although Bellamy did as well and even Blackbeard failed, but note how Bellamy succeeded, but is now carrying Luffy's vivre card and still deciding if he will be Luffy's nakama? Maybe the being knows who Luffy's allies and enemies are that might stop him reaching Raftel, and allowed Bellamy to head there but his entire crew died except him. This supernatural being only wants Luffy's nakama to go everywhere.

The being knows Luffy needed to go to Sky island, and Wano and Raftel. But only Roger's crew and Luffy's crew can head to all these places, no one else can reach these places, which is why Blackbeard's ship was destroyed and Bellamy's crew were lost at sea. The being knows that Luffy needs to accomplish his goals to reveal something that's hidden or he needs to get in touch with a civilization's history.

Blackbeard also carries that middle initial, but he wasn't allowed to go there.

Whitebeard wished to make Ace reach Raftel, by fate Ace ended up losing his life and so did Whitebeard on this journey. Everyone enemy in Luffy's way end up perishing either by Luffy's hands or allies or weird situations and the same is for Roger.

Everyone that Luffy needs, is connected to someone that Roger needed so maybe their life prophecy connects to each other also.
    Oden accompanied Roger, he's the father of Momonuske who's now helping Luffy. Tom built Roger's ship and he's the teacher of Franky, who built Luffy a new ship and is even apart of his crew even after being enemies. Crocus knows Brook. Roger's rival Garp is the grandfather of this other "chosen" one. Roger's son is the adoptive brother of the other chosen one. Roger and Luffy were both saved by a storm(Dragon probably). They connect in many ways, Luffy's teacher is Roger's right hand man, and the guy who put Luffy on the path of piracy is Roger's cabin boy Shanks, and the other guy who saved Luffy from Kizaru and Akainu, and helped him confront Mihawk, a former enemy also, is Buggy who's the other cabin boy of Roger.

So connecting all these lines, maybe Momonuske isn't the other weapon as Poseidon is the Greek version of the Roman god Neptune. Uranus is the Roman version of he Greek god of the SKY. The only two guys who reached SKY island with their respective crews were Luffy and Roger, but Luffy was born after Roger. So Oda doesn't do resurrections but as with Poseidon ancient weapon being passed down from generations, Roger's gift as the Uranus weapon had to be passed down. Ace was conceived while Roger was still alive, Luffy took on this Uranus gift, so the supernatural being of the sky/Uranus works in Luffy's and Roger favor. Uranus the god was castrated, the blood leaked onto Earth and created "Giants" these Giants were given an order to 'avenge' him, which is what Zunisha is probably doing, avenging probably the first Uranus or so.. just a few theories that popped up in my head.
    @JDtheAlchemist

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

That is an intricate theory, and kudos for writing all that up. I'm not sure if I entirely agree about Uranus being a person though. Shirahoshi already is, so it would be a bit strange in my eyes for Oda to make two Ancient Weapons people and then have Pluton be a war machine.

I like your theories around Joy Boy though. He's such a mysterious figure.

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman

Good stuff there, really appreciate the effort.

I'm kinda with Andrew on this one, meaning that I find it unlikely that two ancient weapons have so similar powers but I wouldn't discard it as impossible either as you gave some good reasons.
    [center]"Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your discostick!"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Joy Boy is from Wano Or he must have made someone else from Wano write it? Since his name does not really give such wibes that he can be from Wano? He is more likely to be from The Ancient Kingdom.

The Elephant, Human And Thunder story is not working out? You can't just pull anything out of mid air and connect it to Onepiece.

But still, a big applause for trying to think out of box. : )
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Joy Boy is from Wano Or he must have made someone else from Wano write it? Since his name does not really give such wibes that he can be from Wano? He is more likely to be from The Ancient Kingdom.

The Elephant, Human And Thunder story is not working out? You can't just pull anything out of mid air and connect it to Onepiece.

But still, a big applause for trying to think out of box. : )

Erm... First off, Joyboy is probably not his real name.. If you read the whole theory, there are more possible connections to him being a Kozuki than just him writing the Poneglyph...

Next... I'm not just "pulling anything out of mid air," and you suggesting so is actually pretty insulting. From reading One Piece, you should know that Oda loves to include mythology and legends from many cultures (like Chinese and Greek to name a few) and not just his own. While this theory is definitely a bit of a stretch, there are many points of this particular Kenyan legend that coincide with possible events of One Piece. Saying that there is absolutely no possible relation is kinda ignorant. Especially when you're basing your counter argument on points that are just as theoretical.

Here is an example of me trying to "pull anything out of mid air and connect it to Onepiece;"
    The Patriots won Super Bowl LI yesterday. Patriots are people who fought for their FREEDOM. Luffy's idea of the Pirate King is the person with the most FREEDOM on the seas. Luffy's name starts with L and I = One. Luffy finds One Piece and becomes Pirate King; confirmed.

C'mon mate. Think before you comment.
    Last edited by JDtheAlchemist; Feb 6th '17 at 11:44 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

This was an interesting read.

I actually never connected Joyboy writing the Poneglyph with Oden's clan. Good call. It definitely seems possible.

Now about the moon civilization, I'm not so certain. There are other ways to generate electricity, specially in One Piece, so the Goro Goro no Mi would not have to be the only reason for that. But still, that was a good connection you made.

As for the Devil fruits being the World Government's poisoned arrows, altho it would fit with your story and your theory, I think it's the other way around.
    The World Government is always associated with what is holy, with heaven, celestial, god. Devil Fruit is directly opposed to that idea.

So I think the Devil Fruits may actually be of the D origin, the ones who defy the Gods.
    Spoiler!

There's also something that doesn't quite relate. Skypeans didn't flee to the Sky. They were thrown there by the huge Sea Stream (or w/e), which means that they were in the Blue Sea in the first place and didn't flee anywhere. Altho you think they were the ones fleeing to the moon and creating that civilization, I think it's the other way around. I think the Birkans came from the moon into the Earth, and left their ancient civilization abandoned there.

And concerning the civilizations that do not belong to the World Government. Elbaf seems to be another one, so is Zou and Amazon Lily iirc.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by JDtheAlchemist View Post
    Erm... First off, Joyboy is probably not his real name.. If you read the whole theory, there are more possible connections to him being a Kozuki than just him writing the Poneglyph...

Next... I'm not just "pulling anything out of mid air," and you suggesting so is actually pretty insulting. From reading One Piece, you should know that Oda loves to include mythology and legends from many cultures (like Chinese and Greek to name a few) and not just his own. While this theory is definitely a bit of a stretch, there are many points of this particular Kenyan legend that coincide with possible events of One Piece. Saying that there is absolutely no possible relation is kinda ignorant. Especially when you're basing your counter argument on points that are just as theoretical.

Here is an example of me trying to "pull anything out of mid air and connect it to Onepiece;"
    The Patriots won Super Bowl LI yesterday. Patriots are people who fought for their FREEDOM. Luffy's idea of the Pirate King is the person with the most FREEDOM on the seas. Luffy's name starts with L and I = One. Luffy finds One Piece and becomes Pirate King; confirmed.

C'mon mate. Think before you comment.
    @Bold Oh my, so you can actually pull anything out of mid air an connect it to Onepiece? : p

Hmmm...first off, I was trying to be the critics of this thread. My bad, If I sounded rude, Not my intention to insult you. : )

And yes, I don't reply until I read it completely? That was mean of you to say something like that. ; )

Next... What makes you think that Joy Boy is not his real name? It will not come as an surprise to me if his actual name turns out to be Joy D. Boy.

Joyboy Did say in that poneglyph that someone else will come to fulfil his promise? And that would be Luffy(from D clan). This thing is not as small as saving Fishman Island? It's history is much more complicated.

800 year ago, a powerful Kingdom/civilization being wiped out? They were in Possession of the most powerful weapons know as the ancient weapons now? But still getting wiped out? The Kazuki clan has been given the responsibility or taken the responsibility to pass down the history of the Void century and what really happened back then.

Also, Robin at Skypiea she had come across a poneglyph with a passage written on it, supposedly signed by Roger "I have come here, and will lead this passage to the very end. - Pirate Gol D. Roger" ? Now lets connect this with Joy D. Boy message? An apology and someone will come to save fishmen island? An for that very reason they kept Noah intact? That is passing the inherit "Will Of D." and later on Roger passed his will to Luffy? Which is not only to save fishmen island but the whole of Onepiece world? Makes perfect sense.

In other words, i'd say Joyboy beared the "Will of the D." originally.

I'll connect the dots and rewrite this in a proper way.

The Kenyan legend is just not working for me.
    Spoiler!