Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Captain John's Treasure and Poneglyphs

Out of curiosity...do you think that Captain John's Treasure might lead to one of the Poneglyphs?

Thoughts?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I doubt it. Buggy is looking for his treasure, and he was part of the Roger Pirates, so if there was a Poneglyph he had that was needed, that means they found his treasure.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Captain's John? nah, I think Buggy's only in it for the Gold, he doesn't care about the Void Century and Raftel
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

I'm guessing it was regular treasure. It might have been what made Buggy a rich man and able to build his own mercenary base.

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Beware long post.

@shk1020

I can't answer that, however what I have for you though, is this old theory of mine, it was posted last year on my tumblr account; Minopp, which is very dead atm.

I want to show you some of my thoughts regarding Captain John and his treasure and what I think could possibly be a link to explaining BlackBeard's Devil fruit powers - However I'll not be doing that in great detail. Without futher ado, open the spoiler please; You are in for a ride!

( @Nekomamushi @Inuarashi @BTR since you all replied in this thread, mind reading this too? )

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Min; Feb 9th '17 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Fixed mention & spelling mistakes i could find x.x Beware, there still might be a lot left as well as grammar errors. ;-;

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Min View Post
    @Shk1020

I can't answer that however, what I have for you though is this old theory of mine, posted it last year on my tumblr acccount; Minopp, which is very dead atm.

I want to show you some of my thoughts regarding Captain John and his treasure and what I think could possibly be a link to explaining BlackBeard's Devil fruit powers - However be doing that in great detail. Without futher ado, open the spoiler please; You are in for a ride!

(@Nekomamushi @Inuarashi @BTR since you all replied in this thread, mind reading this too? )

Spoiler!
    It's a very interesting theory, and I didn't even make the connection of the Young Teach pic to the phrase 'Crying to the moon'. Kudos for that one.

I think it's unlikely to be based off of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies simply because I believe Captain John's treasure and Buggy were introduced before the film came out. However, Oda did elaborate on the story later, so maybe it was inspired by the film? It could also be based off of the legends of many great pirate treasures which were hidden (One Piece itself is based off of a real life treasure that was never found).

The idea that losing the bracelet causes you to become cursed is pretty interesting. People who hold it maybe find great fortune, and those who lose it encounter bad luck. I feel like Oda might have alluded to it a bit more if that were the case, nor do I think Blackbeard ever had it (I mean, it appeared on Moriah's island which is far from where Blackbeard ever was, and Captain John's corpse was on the island too).

I'm curious as to what the nature of the treasure is, though it'd be refreshing it if were just gold and jewels and artifacts. Buggy has been remarkably fortunate since having it; escaping from Impel Down, surviving Marineford, gaining a big batch of notorious and fairly powerful crewmates, and then becoming Shichibukai.

Still the Hero.

"Ideas Never Die..."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

ADDED THIS TO MY FIRST POST TO AVOID CONFUSION!

Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    It's a very interesting theory, and I didn't even make the connection of the Young Teach pic to the phrase 'Crying to the moon'. Kudos for that one.

I think it's unlikely to be based off of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies simply because I believe Captain John's treasure and Buggy were introduced before the film came out. However, Oda did elaborate on the story later, so maybe it was inspired by the film? It could also be based off of the legends of many great pirate treasures which were hidden (One Piece itself is based off of a real life treasure that was never found).
    Oh no no, don't focus on that. All the wordiness in my post just confused you, didn't it.

What I meant to show was the connection that occur in many pirate films, namely a ghost/bad spirit makes an appearance and the revelation is made about a pirate who died without peace.

Those films in particular were about betray, greed and dark spirits of those who lost their lives unfairly, which I'm trying to connect to John's life.

Betrayed by his crew due to his greed. Was it his fault? Was it their fault? John died because he too greedy to share, that would mean (maybe) in his afterlife he was still unable to let go and spiritually stay with his treasure.

Its just a speculation, for this I don't have back up sources of OP manga.

The idea that losing the bracelet causes you to become cursed is pretty interesting. People who hold it maybe find great fortune, and those who lose it encounter bad luck. I feel like Oda might have alluded to it a bit more if that were the case, nor do I think Blackbeard ever had it (I mean, it appeared on Moriah's island which is far from where Blackbeard ever was, and Captain John's corpse was on the island too).
    .. not really what I said x.x Eh, I'm so sorry, I didnt even explain and I expect you to suddenly understand what I'm on about. Ugh, im sorry.

What I meant was the opposite. The bracelet caused Luffy lots of trouble, when Buggy took it - everything became chaotic, which worked in his favour as a showman. :rolleyes:

However, if BB really possesses John's treasure which is 'negatively powered', I'd say and the Yami yami fruit which is darkness. Those are 2 negatives. And doing our maths right; two minuses give a plus.

BB has total control. I mean just think about this right; why did he wrap a dark cloth around the dying man before he stole his Devil Fruit? And how? He also send Burgess to get him Ace's DF in Dressrosa. As if two wasn't crazy enough? Where does he store them, how does he use these DF powers when it is said that having two df will kill the user..

Spoiler!

I'm curious as to what the nature of the treasure is, though it'd be refreshing it if were just gold and jewels and artifacts. Buggy has been remarkably fortunate since having it; escaping from Impel Down, surviving Marineford, gaining a big batch of notorious and fairly powerful crewmates, and then becoming Shichibukai.
    Yup, it is indeed interesting. Both Buggy's and BB's rise are remarkable.
    Last edited by Min; Feb 9th '17 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Grammar and more ;-;

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

NVM! I F'd up, I can't edit my post so well. z.z

Please read my response to BTR for elaboration.

EDIT: tagging peeps, please join in!
    Last edited by Min; Feb 10th '17 at 04:57 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Min View Post
    @shk1020

I can't answer that, however what I have for you though, is this old theory of mine, it was posted last year on my tumblr account; Minopp, which is very dead atm.

I want to show you some of my thoughts regarding Captain John and his treasure and what I think could possibly be a link to explaining BlackBeard's Devil fruit powers - However I'll not be doing that in great detail. Without futher ado, open the spoiler please; You are in for a ride!

( @Nekomamushi @Inuarashi @BTR since you all replied in this thread, mind reading this too? )

Spoiler!
    Create a thread for this and I'll express my thoughts

Really, I will. I have read it, but I think this is better suited in a new thread discussing this here will get the thread off topic.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Inuarashi View Post
    Create a thread for this and I'll express my thoughts

Really, I will. I have read it, but I think this is better suited in a new thread discussing this here will get the thread off topic.
    I'm really lazy rn! Too lazy to do it on my phone, takes too much time.. I'll do it ASAP when I get on my laptop.

But knowing you have read it, fuels my motivation to begin 'ASAP' now!

#shittyphonedoe .. hmm ..

gimme till tomorrow night