Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Music Recommendation

Hey guys. As the title suggests, I'm looking for some music recommendations. Please suggest artists or songs to listen to. These can be of any genres and for any mood.
    Last edited by Diophantine; Mar 12th '17 at 02:05 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Hmm, good idea for a thread. Gonna sticky it.

I listen to lots of different music, but I'm not good at finding new music.

I can recommend two artists, though:

Wolf Alice

Ben Caplan

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

You've definitely set the bar high ahaha. These are really good; I like them. Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Hmm, good idea for a thread. Gonna sticky it.

I listen to lots of different music, but I'm not good at finding new music.

I can recommend two artists, though:

Wolf Alice

Ben Caplan

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

ooh cool thread
    @Matternativ want to recommend something?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    ooh cool thread
    @<a href="https://www.opbforums.com/forums/member.php?u=9868" target="_blank">Matternativ</a> want to recommend something?
    You know me so well

"Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your discostick!"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Hey, diophantine! I have plenty of music I can recommend, but I'm wondering if you have any specific genre you're looking for, or any kind of criterion with which to make recommendations.

I ask because I have an incredibly diverse taste in music. I tend more towards classic rock as my go to (the grateful dead, jethro tull, ac/dc, the kinks, ccr, talking heads, pink floyd, the band, the who, queen, skynyrd, the beatles, rolling stones, anything clapton had a hand in, and literally dozens more), but I also love rap (mostly old school stuff like biggie, big l, nas, outkast, redman, wu tang, tupac, etc. but there are some new/current artists who I'm into as well like chance the rapper, kendrick lamar, j cole)

I also have some favorites in most genres. Reggae, ska, punk, folk, bluegrass, r &b, jazz, blues, and even some impossibly inextricable pop music that will dig their way into your head and never leave. The only genres I don't listen to regularly are country music and metal (sorry @Matternativ - I like some more old school metal like ac/dc, iron maiden, and some black sabbath and metallica, but that's really about it ). I can also probably direct you to people who are more well-versed in specific genres than I. Matternativ is def the go-to for metal, @Rick Sanchez has a pretty diverse taste in music too, but i think he tends more towards electronic/edm music, and @Divine has overall great taste in music in my experience. @Basil usually has good taste in music too... don't let the song he shared here be indicative of his total music taste

So, @Diophantine, if you can give me some criteria to work with, I can make some better recommendations

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Drew! Nice to see you again.
    The thing is, I don't really have a specific genre I'm looking for. I guess maybe not rap (US or UK) or classic rock since I know quite a lot about them. I have dabbled in pretty much everything but not enough to say I've got a good enough understanding of the genre. Perhaps if you could start by giving an artist from each genre you know quite a bit about. Or you could help me expand on what I'm used to already by showing me some lesser known artists in the genres I mentioned above.
    Thanks (to you and everyone else)!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    Hey, diophantine! I have plenty of music I can recommend, but I'm wondering if you have any specific genre you're looking for, or any kind of criterion with which to make recommendations.

I ask because I have an incredibly diverse taste in music. I tend more towards classic rock as my go to (the grateful dead, jethro tull, ac/dc, the kinks, ccr, talking heads, pink floyd, the band, the who, queen, skynyrd, the beatles, rolling stones, anything clapton had a hand in, and literally dozens more), but I also love rap (mostly old school stuff like biggie, big l, nas, outkast, redman, wu tang, tupac, etc. but there are some new/current artists who I'm into as well like chance the rapper, kendrick lamar, j cole)

I also have some favorites in most genres. Reggae, ska, punk, folk, bluegrass, r &b, jazz, blues, and even some impossibly inextricable pop music that will dig their way into your head and never leave. The only genres I don't listen to regularly are country music and metal (sorry @Matternativ - I like some more old school metal like ac/dc, iron maiden, and some black sabbath and metallica, but that's really about it ). I can also probably direct you to people who are more well-versed in specific genres than I. Matternativ is def the go-to for metal, @Rick Sanchez has a pretty diverse taste in music too, but i think he tends more towards electronic/edm music, and @Divine has overall great taste in music in my experience. @Basil usually has good taste in music too... don't let the song he shared here be indicative of his total music taste

So, @Diophantine, if you can give me some criteria to work with, I can make some better recommendations

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post

I also have some favorites in most genres. Reggae, ska, punk, folk, bluegrass, r &b, jazz, blues, and even some impossibly inextricable pop music that will dig their way into your head and never leave. The only genres I don't listen to regularly are country music and metal (sorry @<a href="https://www.opbforums.com/forums/member.php?u=9868" target="_blank">Matternativ</a> - I like some more old school metal like ac/dc, iron maiden, and some black sabbath and metallica, but that's really about it ). I can also probably direct you to people who are more well-versed in specific genres than I. Matternativ is def the go-to for metal, @<a href="https://www.opbforums.com/forums/member.php?u=10707" target="_blank">Rick Sanchez</a> has a pretty diverse taste in music too, but i think he tends more towards electronic/edm music, and @<a href="https://www.opbforums.com/forums/member.php?u=4566" target="_blank">Divine</a> has overall great taste in music in my experience. @<a href="https://www.opbforums.com/forums/member.php?u=10802" target="_blank">Basil</a> usually has good taste in music too... don't let the song he shared here be indicative of his total music taste

So, @<a href="https://www.opbforums.com/forums/member.php?u=13069" target="_blank">Diophantine</a>, if you can give me some criteria to work with, I can make some better recommendations
    -_- Blue Monday is the best selling 12 inch record ever made, along with one of the most acclaimed songs of all time, as well as just being catchy as fuck with cool lyrics and a sweet elro feel. I get that it might not be your taste, but god damn it don't disrespect it ;-; (I have been listening to the living fuck out of this song for about 2 months)

Anyway, @Diophantine if you know a lot of classic rock and enjoy it, you might like this, since it is a bit more traditional rock but like, not as well known as most classic rock, though it is still fairly iconic I suppose

Spoiler!

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

u gotta give us some genres m8, i might forget some stuff if i try to recommend everything