Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman scientist

[Fantasy] Book Suggestions Part 2

So this will be a second part of the series. I made that series a long time ago and it is only fair that I add on new series that have captivated the world so beautifully. Spoilers might follow. >_>

1.Stormlight Archive( Brandon Sanderson)
    Spoiler!

2.Gentleman Bastard Sequence( Scott Lynch)
    Spoiler!

3.Discworld Series( Terry Pratchett)
    Spoiler!

4. The Dark Tower( Stephen King)
    Spoiler!

5. The Dresden Files( Jim Butcher)
    Spoiler!

6. The Lightbringer Series( Brent Weeks)
    Spoiler!

8. Red Rising trilogy( Pierce Brown)
    Spoiler!

9. Powder Mage trilogy( Brian McClellan )
    Spoiler!

|✖| |8.7 |✖|

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rand al'Thor For This Useful Post:

Gir  (Apr 1st '17), Kikyo  (Apr 1st '17), ShichiDrewKai  (Apr 1st '17), Stein  (Apr 1st '17), Tashigi  (Jun 28th '17)

Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by Rand al'Thor View Post
    So this will be a second part of the series. I made that series a long time ago and it is only fair that I add on new series that have captivated the world so beautifully. Spoilers might follow. >_>

1.Stormlight Archive( Brandon Sanderson)
    Spoiler!

2.Gentleman Bastard Sequence( Scott Lynch)
    Spoiler!

3.Discworld Series( Terry Pratchett)
    Spoiler!

4. The Dark Tower( Stephen King)
    Spoiler!

5. The Dresden Files( Jim Butcher)
    Spoiler!

6. The Lightbringer Series( Brent Weeks)
    Spoiler!

8. Red Rising trilogy( Pierce Brown)
    Spoiler!

9. Powder Mage trilogy( Brian McClellan )
    Spoiler!
    I've read through 1,4, and 5, all are great series. Honestly, I'm surprised Dresden files was only number 5 for you. I wonder if that Gunslinger movie is ever gonna happen? Idris elba as the gunslinger could be amazing, I really hope it happens.

I've read another of Brent Week's series (night angel trilogy), so I think I'll give the one you listed there a shot. It looks super promising.

And I've been meaning to dive into discworld a bit more, but it's such a prodigious series! I've only read the first two books, but I thoroughly enjoyed pratchett's wit and satire. I've also got the first two locke lamorrah books, so I'll probably delve into those a bit after I work my way through Malazan book of the Fallen.

Awesome list!

Spoiler!

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman scientist

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    I've read through 1,4, and 5, all are great series. Honestly, I'm surprised Dresden files was only number 5 for you. I wonder if that Gunslinger movie is ever gonna happen? Idris elba as the gunslinger could be amazing, I really hope it happens.

I've read another of Brent Week's series (night angel trilogy), so I think I'll give the one you listed there a shot. It looks super promising.

And I've been meaning to dive into discworld a bit more, but it's such a prodigious series! I've only read the first two books, but I thoroughly enjoyed pratchett's wit and satire. I've also got the first two locke lamorrah books, so I'll probably delve into those a bit after I work my way through Malazan book of the Fallen.

Awesome list!
    Dresden is my favorite series ever. But the thing we have to understand is that its is essentially a pulpy fiction. It has amazing dialogues and stuff but compared to some of the works on the list, Butcher's writing is average at best. That doesnt mean we cant enjoy the heck out of it.

Lightbringer trilogy is far better than nightangel trilogy. It has so much more politics, betrayals, wtf moments while night angel was all about action.

Discworld is amazing. I honestly should tell you not to start with the first book since it is not that great. There are indiviual series within it. Like witches series, death series, guards series. All are interconnected but works as standalone. I personally recommend Guards, guards, guards!! Amazing book.

You like Brandon Sanderson so I should definitely recommend powder mage. Goddamn the magic system is amazing with intricate rules and restrictions. Its amazing and the story is pretty good.

|✖| |8.7 |✖|