• Vinsmoke(s)

3 17.65%
  • Caesar

0 0%
  • Capone

3 17.65%
  • Someone else

2 11.76%
  • No one, this is One Piece, no one ever dies.

4 23.53%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Copper
    EXP

Whole Cake Island - Dead man walking?

As the arc progresses into the inevitable clash between Big Mom and the Straw Hats, we are gettingmore and more red flags and eery feelings that someone might die. So who is the dead man walking? And no, it's not Brook

Lets see all of the possible options that Oda left red flags on.

Is sushi on the menu?
    Spoiler!

How many lives does the kitty have left?
    Spoiler!

Does the red wedding have a dead groom?
    Spoiler!

Will the Judge be sentenced to death?
    Spoiler!

Does the clown float down here?
    Spoiler!

The Godfather or The Deadfather?
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Inuarashi; Apr 3rd '17 at 11:27 PM.
    Spoiler!

Bring justice like no one else can!
    Defend the placement of your favorite characters in the Tier List Thread!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Inuarashi For This Useful Post:

Gir  (Apr 4th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Copper
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Chopper is going to die

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Copper
    EXP
    martialarts chef

Judge

Spoiler!

Credit for Ava/ Sig: Creater

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Copper
    EXP
    swordsman

Depends on how serious Oda's taking this arc.

Whitebeard
    Ace
    Vergo
    Monet

We're the only 4 characters killed in the main present story in all 860+ chapters that were published. It seems someone doesn't die in arcs where Yonko's show up.

Marineford involved both current and a future and a potential Yonko

Whitebeard, Shanks, Blackbeard and Marco. All of whom can take lots of damage. Oda considered killing Akainu also so we have that that was a serious arc.

If Oda plans on making the Supernova leave a mark he's going to have to make this arc longer and have the protagonist increase in strength. Luffy's the only guy on his side that seems capable of doing something, unless Capone is either Law's strength or a little stronger then he doesn't stand a chance against Katakuri at the slightest. Capone has knowledge of both CoC and CoO so he should at least be able to use CoA as a captain in the new world. Hopefully all Supernova has something powerful that can damage strong vets like Doffy/Cracker/Katakuri

Luffy with Gear 4

Law with Gamma knife

Capone's best panels involved weaklings like Pekoms and Bobbin, and even Sanji fodderized one of those guys and the other managed to be the only character who can form a turtle shell and get defeated by gunshot to the back.

Hopefully Capone had something better than Gamma Knife that can at least hurt Katakuri. What's hard is that unlike Dressrosa it's the underlings who are the same strength of the main antagonist of the previous arcs. Luffy can't save Capone from Katakuri like he saved Law from Doflamingo. Big Mom's unlikely to hit a Fujitora and just walk around all day and think of nice poetic quotes to say just to sound smart. If and when they ruin her party she's going to run rampant and we seen that she can use Prometheus as a bomb when she raged over some sweets.

I voted against any deaths but if I had to choose one

It'd be Jinbei

Jinbei literally lived a full and complete life

He was in the Fishman Pirates, he escaped Impel Down fought warlords, became one, fought an admiral protected Luffy a few times, fought with Whitebeard and Big Mom and his island is about to accomplish a long mission of going to the reverie. This guy's story is over unless it's what the author wants us to think, but he's a vet and a pirate captain of his own crew. Brook is different shhh...

Second I would say Capone but it's because I don't really get him.

Can he fight on his own? His crew are all out of him right now, if he fights his underlings are sure to fight others and be occupied so would he die or does he have hidden talent like Law showed us?

Vinsmokes have a done story too, once they reconcile with Sanji and say their apologies as Reiju said, they don't belong in the story, unless Judge serves under Luffy then I see nothing else unless their time on totland is covered up the WG will declare them criminals, meaning his dream is over either way.

Might just go with someone else

Big Mom may just die if Oda's doing what I predicted a while back

The Supernova will dethrone the Yonko one by one meaning after Whitebeard, Big Mom's next and then Shanks and Kaido. Blackbeard is final.

Beli
    Copper
    EXP

I think Capone will die. I just saw RogersBase tweet out an interesting fun fact - Al Capone was buried under Mount Carmel. Carmel. Caramel. Buried.

Well, it's either him, or Jinbe. But honestly, Jinbe has always talked about sacrificing himself for others. He was like that from the very first time we saw him in Impel Down.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Copper
    EXP

I think Sanji is safe. I really hope Jinbe and Pedro make it out alive, but both are very willing to sacrifice themselves for the cause. Jinbe basically has had a death wish since forever, and Pedro seems to want to protect the SHs, while also honoring his old crew. But we'll see.

Judge is probably the most likely choice. Maybe a Luke and Vader moment between him and Sanji.

With what @Mycal Phelps brought up, Bege seems a good choice, too, but that might just be Oda throwing some real life history into the mix, or other references, like he usually does.

La da da da, la da da da, la da da da da da da da da da
    La da da da, la da da da, la da da da da da da da da da
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Copper
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

the story needs an unexpected death, not someone with death flags, which is too predictable. Chopper is the only Strawhat in WCI who doesn't have an official number (i.e. the Sixth) when he joined. Chopper dying will show Luffy that he can't guarantee his crew safety in the New World and he and his crew were foolish to underestimate the power of Yonko.

Sanji, Judge, Capone, Jinbei, Pedro etc will all survive.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Copper
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

it's going to be Oda.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Copper
    EXP

@Jamal Henderson to be fair, many more characters died, we just don't know their names or don't count the flashbacks

And it is good to note that the named characterd death toll rose when we met New World Pirates. Whitebeard, Ace, Monet, Vergo.

That shows me how dangerous the New World is and how strong you have to be to survive there. I don't think it's a coincidence that they were all New World characters.

The stakes are higher now. Yonkos and Admirals are the next enemies, so there will be more deaths. And what better to show the might of a Yonko than to kill a character in her arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mycal Phelps View Post
    I think Capone will die. I just saw RogersBase tweet out an interesting fun fact - Al Capone was buried under Mount Carmel. Carmel. Caramel. Buried.

Well, it's either him, or Jinbe. But honestly, Jinbe has always talked about sacrificing himself for others. He was like that from the very first time we saw him in Impel Down.
    That's a really good point. Maybe Mounther Caramel will be his doom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    I think Sanji is safe. I really hope Jinbe and Pedro make it out alive, but both are very willing to sacrifice themselves for the cause. Jinbe basically has had a death wish since forever, and Pedro seems to want to protect the SHs, while also honoring his old crew. But we'll see.

Judge is probably the most likely choice. Maybe a Luke and Vader moment between him and Sanji.

With what @Mycal Phelps brought up, Bege seems a good choice, too, but that might just be Oda throwing some real life history into the mix, or other references, like he usually does.
    Yeah. It would be a really bold move to kill a main character like Sanji.

Out of Pedro and Jinbei, I would prefer to see Pedro go. He doesnt have much time left anyway, and Jinbei would at least join the crew.

Aye, that would be redeeming for Judge. I'm still hoping we get to see awesome stuff from the other Vinsmokes when it's revealed that Bm planned to kill them and that Sanji stood up for them.

Or will they think that Sanji plotted to ruin the wedding instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    the story needs an unexpected death, not someone with death flags, which is too predictable. Chopper is the only Strawhat in WCI who doesn't have an official number (i.e. the Sixth) when he joined. Chopper dying will show Luffy that he can't guarantee his crew safety in the New World and he and his crew were foolish to underestimate the power of Yonko.

Sanji, Judge, Capone, Jinbei, Pedro etc will all survive.
    And leave the Straw Hats without a doctor? And leave the fans without a kawaii pet?

Did you know that if you offer a girl a Chopper figure, you are more likely to get smexies? Girls love those, so make a quid pro quo
    Spoiler!

Bring justice like no one else can!
    Defend the placement of your favorite characters in the Tier List Thread!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Copper
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Advertisement:

You know, registering is free, allows you to take part in discussions, AND gets rid of this ad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuarashi View Post
    [
    And leave the Straw Hats without a doctor? And leave the fans without a kawaii pet?

Did you know that if you offer a girl a Chopper figure, you are more likely to get smexies? Girls love those, so make a quid pro quo
    Law or someone else can take over as a Strawhat doctor. Like that goat mink who healed Zunisha. Carrot is Kawaii and she is far better than Chopper in so many ways

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast