Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

April Recruitment Drive

Hi Everyone!

I promised another announcement, and here it is: For the month of April we will be running a recruitment drive! If you're like me, you're let down each time you come online and see very few members on or only a couple new posts. Hopefully this will be a thing of the past by the end of the month.

We'll be both reaching out to old members (keep an eye out for an e-mail in the coming days) and looking for new members, and we'd like you to do your part: please feel free to reach out to friends, family, acquaintances, strangers, mortal enemies, and whomever else in whatever medium you see fit. Facebook, twitter, reddit - whatever feels right.

A couple of rules:

• Don't create alt accounts. Doing so will exempt you from any rewards and likely more harsh consequences.
    • If the person you're referring will be using the same device as you, please let me or one of the super mods know so that we don't think you've created an alt acct.
    • Please, do not go to other competing forums and try to poach members. This isn't what we want, so please, make sure you're recruiting in the proper method and venue wherever you may go to recruit.

For those people who recruit/refer the most new members, we will award with you a referrer of the month award () and possibly another award. I'm contemplating making the Dragon award () a special award for those who show a revolutionary drive to help recruit

Now, in past recruitment drives, new members have registered and then disappeared. This is less than ideal. In an effort to entice new (and old/current) members to stay active and participative in the community, we've organized a few weekly events to run for the month of April. The following are just special events that we would not normally advertise or run:

• April 4th-April 11th - Sign-ups will be held for a specially themed Mafia game. If you're interested in finding out the conclusion of the story started on April Fool's day , make sure to sign up or follow along! (Also, please make sure to thank @Rise-Chan, @Prada, and @Ratchet for their creative collaboration)
    • April 11th/12th-April 18th - I will be running another Easter Egg hunt, one of my favorite events to host. I warn you now: This one will be tough! Definitely tougher than the past couple hunts. To those of you who complained that the previous ones were too easy, be careful what you wish for!
    • April 20th - The staff, mostly myself, will be observing personal holiday celebrations. Think easter... but lazier, less formal, and more junk food.
    • After April 20th (Date(s) will be finalized soon) - Everyone's favorite feline/canine pairing, @Inuarashi and @Nekomamushi, have joined together to come up with an OP trivia event. The specifics can be shared by them as the dates approach, but I'm very excited for this too!

This list isn't comprehensive, of course. There will still be contests (which will hopefully see fresh entries and interest as people join - thank you to all of the tireless hosts of these contests run on OPB. You are the unsung heroes of the site), mafia academy games, and OP roleplay fun to be had. (Another thanks for those of you who participated in the RP Event that finished recently.)

I know this probably isn't much, but if you want to post on social media or other sites, maybe you'd like to use this image to accompany your posts:

Spoiler!

Finally, I want to leave you with one thought: I know that OPB is not now and probably will not be the largest forum out there, and I'm not even sure I'd want it that way. What makes this site great isn't a humongous number of members or an inundating amount of posts and threads with all types of vapid content; it's the community. I think that our former Admin Yokozuna had the most eloquent phrasing of my sentiment: I would rather have only 200 awesome members instead of 200,000 shitheads. On that note, I'll leave you to it.

Love,

the OPB staff

Spoiler!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ShichiDrewKai For This Useful Post:

Erebus  (Apr 4th '17), Gecko  (Apr 4th '17), Gir  (Apr 4th '17), Kenshin  (Apr 4th '17), Kikyo  (Apr 4th '17), Laboon  (Apr 6th '17), Loni  (Apr 4th '17), Overhaul  (Apr 4th '17), Prada  (Apr 4th '17), Queen Cheese  (Apr 11th '17), Rise-Chan  (Apr 4th '17), Syndicate  (Apr 10th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I hope other users are more succesfull than I was in the past

I tried numerous methods to recruit members like:
    commenting on Youtube OP related videos
    Finding OP fan sites and such on Facebook and asking them to join
    I even went to 9gag and commented on posts trying to recruit
    There are also some anime/manga apps that I downloaded and tried to recuit from there

So yeah I thought I just give some ideas and good luck everyone

Manga
    Thriller Bark
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    I hope other users are more succesfull than I was in the past

I tried numerous methods to recruit members like:
    commenting on Youtube OP related videos
    Finding OP fan sites and such on Facebook and asking them to join
    I even went to 9gag and commented on posts trying to recruit
    There are also some anime/manga apps that I downloaded and tried to recuit from there

So yeah I thought I just give some ideas and good luck everyone
    Eh I'll stick to my method and recruit my cancerous online friends

Quote Originally Posted by edd View Post
    rise-chan is heavily overrated tbh

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    You'll just recruit them to discord again

Well I dont have any online friends so I had to do that stuff

Manga
    Thriller Bark
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    You'll just recruit them to discord again

Well I dont have any online friends so I had to do that stuff
    Hey I thought they would use the forum!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    Mine's better, getting back old members
    There is a secret...

Manga
    Thriller Bark
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nise View Post
    Mine's better, getting back old members
    Mercy will never return

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    [*]April 11th/12th-April 18th - I will be running another Easter Egg hunt, one of my favorite events to host. I warn you now: This one will be tough! Definitely tougher than the past couple hunts. To those of you who complained that the previous ones were too easy, be careful what you wish for!

Noooeees, I will be away those days!
    Is this the result of an evil scheming against me or pure unfortunate coincidence?

"I of course represent the perfect balance.
    Wit, physical prowess and a multitude of talents to match my natural grace. When combined with my extraordinary ability to waste it all, you see, standing before you, the exquisite culmination"
    the 9th

Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by Aertes View Post

Noooeees, I will be away those days!
    Is this the result of an evil scheming against me or pure unfortunate coincidence?
    I blame jesus. He's the one who decided to be resurrected that week. What a selfish man, right?

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    I blame jesus. He's the one who decided to be resurrected that week. What a selfish man, right?
    I am going to the press

"I of course represent the perfect balance.
    Wit, physical prowess and a multitude of talents to match my natural grace. When combined with my extraordinary ability to waste it all, you see, standing before you, the exquisite culmination"
    the 9th