Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Malazan: Books for the Awesome

Malazan Book of the Fallen is an epic fantasy series written by Canadian author Steven Erikson. The series, consists of ten volumes beginning with the novel Gardens of the Moon published in April 1999, and concluding with the publication of The Crippled God in February 2011. Erikson's series is extremely complex with a wide scope, and presents the narratives of a large cast of characters spanning thousands of years across multiple continents. His plotting presents a complicated series of events in the world upon which the Malazan Empire is located.

Books

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShichiDrewKai For This Useful Post:

edd  (May 16th '17), Rand al'Thor  (Apr 29th '17), Stein  (Apr 29th '17)

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman chef

Just bought the 1st book for my kindle.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Run until you can't run anymore, and then run again. Constant effort is life's greatest shortcut." - Coach Kamogawa

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Just bought the 1st book for my kindle.
    Niiiiiice! Another conscript for the bridgeburners @Rand al'Thor!

Keep in mind that this series builds a gigantic and intricate world, so it will take a bit to get a feel for the characters and the places.

edit - every time I see your Kvothe signature I get both excited for how awesome kingkiller chronicles is and sad for not knowing when the third book comes out

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin scientist

Currently 2/3 in Memories of Ice, I think I have enjoyed this book the most. Three different locations (quite typical of Erikson by now) but this time every one of them is equally interesting and not only action packed but also offering much character development.
    Maybe the fact that many of my already favourites from GotM participate here too has helped.

“High House Shadow, and a knife in the dark.
    A new game's begun, or the old one's just turned.”

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    Currently 2/3 in Memories of Ice, I think I have enjoyed this book the most. Three different locations (quite typical of Erikson by now) but this time every one of them is equally interesting and not only action packed but also offering much character development.
    Maybe the fact that many of my already favourites from GotM participate here too has helped.
    Gotta love the bridgeburners! I assume that's who you're talking about? Quick ben is a straight up gangster. Not to mention whiskeyjack and dujek. Paran is really gonna be an awesome character from what I can tell. (I love the family drama that Erickson has tied in with them, and I can't wait to see how it all pans out.)

Now that I think about it, you're almost certainly talking about Caladan brood, rake, kallor, and all of the other big time bad asses... but the bridgeburners are awesome too

Spoiler!

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman scientist

Quote Originally Posted by ShichiDrewKai View Post
    Niiiiiice! Another conscript for the bridgeburners @Rand al'Thor!

Keep in mind that this series builds a gigantic and intricate world, so it will take a bit to get a feel for the characters and the places.

edit - every time I see your Kvothe signature I get both excited for how awesome kingkiller chronicles is and sad for not knowing when the third book comes out
    Sorry bruh I dont rep Bridgeburners. I am all about the Crimson Guard, fucking savage. U_U

BTW HOW COOL IS SILANAH!! This is not a spoiler since yall have read the first book.
    Spoiler!

|✖| • • • • |8.7 |✖|

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin scientist

Gotta love the bridgeburners! I assume that's who you're talking about? Quick ben is a straight up gangster. Not to mention whiskeyjack and dujek. Paran is really gonna be an awesome character from what I can tell. (I love the family drama that Erickson has tied in with them, and I can't wait to see how it all pans out.)

Now that I think about it, you're almost certainly talking about Caladan brood, rake, kallor, and all of the other big time bad asses... but the bridgeburners are awesome too
    Gotta love them indeed and Quick is one of my faves but I also like Tool very much and from GotM I instantly liked
    Spoiler!
    who I was extremely happy to see return. Other faves return too, both obviously badass but also deceptively innocent
    The new additions are great too with Itkovian (you will meet him soon I think) becoming one of my most liked ones at the same level as those I mentioned.

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by Rand al'Thor View Post
    Sorry bruh I dont rep Bridgeburners. I am all about the Crimson Guard, fucking savage. U_U

BTW HOW COOL IS SILANAH!! This is not a spoiler since yall have read the first book.
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    Gotta love them indeed and Quick is one of my faves but I also like Tool very much and from GotM I instantly liked
    Spoiler!
    who I was extremely happy to see return. Other faves return too, both obviously badass but also deceptively innocent
    The new additions are great too with Itkovian (you will meet him soon I think) becoming one of my most liked ones at the same level as those I mentioned.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin scientist

@ShichiDrewKai
    Spoiler!

Isn't it amazing how Fiddler grows on you through Deadhouse Gates? Excellently written character imo.

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman scientist

Spoiler!

Spoiler!