Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

One Piece Chapter 867 Discussion and 868 Predictions

"Happy Birthday”

One Piece Chapter 867 Discussion and 868 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 867 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 868

Star reading here @ OPB!

Last edited by AppleCider; Jun 1st '17 at 10:35 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleCider For This Useful Post:

Inuarashi  (Jun 2nd '17)

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

That was a really solid chapter, and one of my favourite flash backs in a long, long time. Usually Oda throws some ham-fisted backstory, but this was great.

We don't really feel sorry for Big Mom - the person she ate and now misses was going to betray her anyway.

So... I guess if you eat someone with a DF you get their power? Does that mean if Big Mom eats someone else with a DF she dies because she'll then have two DFs?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman scientist

Nice chapter, didn’t think that big mom would end up eating Carmel along with the orphans.

~The King and the Demon~

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

@Inuarashi @Nekomamushi @Laboon @Stein @Aertes @Jamal Henderson @Basil @Eco Seis @FireAngeL @desa @Matternativ @ShichiDrewKai @The Pirate Prince @Gir @SniperKing

1. For how many chapters will the cover story focus on Cavendish? Will we see cover stories of other Strawhat Grand Fleet commanders, especially Hajrudin who is shown in Big Mom's flashback?

2. Why are giants overhyped when they end up so weak? A 5 year old Big Mom one shot killed Fallbeard, a legendary giant captain. This is far more humiliating than pre-TS Luffy defeating Shiki. And i bet 5 year old Big Mom would have also killed Mountbeard easily. But it's interesting to note that giants are so weak: Hajrudin got one-shotted by Luffy, Bastille got one-shotted by Sabo, Ronse/John Giant got fodderized by casual Whitebeard, a giant member in giant squad got fodderized by pre-TS Luffy etc. only demon giants like Oars and Oars Jr. are super strong

3. Why did the giants who hated Big Mom for killing Fallbeard and destroying Elbaf agree for an alliance with her by having Loki marrying Lola?

4. Why did Oda refer to John Giant specifically? Apparently he's the first giant Marine soldier? He's notable for being taken down by Whitebeard in two quake shots. Is he the leader of the Giant Squad? Did Akainu make him the leader of a new division of powerful Vice Admirals (unlike the fodder like Ronse, Bastille, Maynard etc,)

5. Why was Carmel the underworld broker working with the World Government? Did she have a Doflamingo-type role by blackmailing WG to satisfy her needs? Seems like she's loyal to them which is odd and unexplained. Are there brokers with WG ties at the wedding? Could they include spies like Du Feld, Big News, etc.?

6. Did Big Mom unexpectedly eat all the kids and Carmel during her birthday? Did Carmel's fruit reappear somewhere in the Semla and Big Mom inadvertently eat it?

7. Is there a Cipher Pol agent at the wedding?

8. When did Big Mom leave the island and become a pirate? Did that happen when she married her first husband and the early kids were born? Why did she decide to marry so many husbands when men didn't really do her any arm in the flashbacks?

9. Will Big Mom finally snap and nearly kill Luffy by giving him a Yonko-style ass whooping of a lifetime? Why does Kidd get to be destroyed by a Yonko and not Luffy? Will Jinbe and Pedro get killed in the escape as Big Mom pulls an Akainu and solos the entire Strawhat Pirates/allies etc.?
    Last edited by AppleCider; Jun 1st '17 at 11:10 AM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Okay, so it seems that Big Mom ate Mother Caramel and the other children. Not exactly surprising, but man she's a dumb dumb.

Also seems very probable that Big Mom got the soul powers by eating mother Caramel. Hats off to @Joy Boy Theories, saw your video about this earlier.

The twist on mother Caramel was pretty interesting. Nonetheless I'm glad that this flashback turned out to be a really short one.

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

After seeing this chapter, I really do hope that BM defeats Luffy, and they somehow just escape. There are a few characters that could die here - Jinbe, Pedro, Bege...

Especially as this kinda sets up a story of BM and the giants, but then for her to randomly lose to Luffy. It's not like Oda to introduce a story and not offer redemption. I feel like Hajrudin will be involved in the eventual defeat of BM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    @Inuarashi @Nekomamushi @Laboon @Stein @Aertes @Jamal Henderson @Basil @Eco Seis @FireAngeL @desa @Matternativ @ShichiDrewKai @The Pirate Prince @Gir @SniperKing

1. For how many chapters will the cover story focus on Cavendish? Will we see cover stories of other Strawhat Grand Fleet commanders, especially Hajrudin who is shown in Big Mom's flashback?

2. Why are giants overhyped when they end up so weak? A 5 year old Big Mom one shot killed Fallbeard, a legendary giant captain. This is far more humiliating than pre-TS Luffy defeating Shiki. And i bet 5 year old Big Mom would have also killed Mountbeard easily. But it's interesting to note that giants are so weak: Hajrudin got one-shotted by Luffy, Bastille got one-shotted by Sabo, Ronse/John Giant got fodderized by casual Whitebeard, a giant member in giant squad got fodderized by pre-TS Luffy etc. only demon giants like Oars and Oars Jr. are super strong

3. Why did the giants who hated Big Mom for killing Fallbeard and destroying Elbaf agree for an alliance with her by having Loki marrying Lola?

4. Why did Oda refer to John Giant specifically? Apparently he's the first giant Marine soldier? He's notable for being taken down by Whitebeard in two quake shots. Is he the leader of the Giant Squad? Did Akainu make him the leader of a new division of powerful Vice Admirals (unlike the fodder like Ronse, Bastille, Maynard etc,)

5. Why was Carmel the underworld broker working with the World Government? Did she have a Doflamingo-type role by blackmailing WG to satisfy her needs? Seems like she's loyal to them which is odd and unexplained. Are there brokers with WG ties at the wedding? Could they include spies like Du Feld, Big News, etc.?

6. Did Big Mom unexpectedly eat all the kids and Carmel during her birthday? Did Carmel's fruit reappear somewhere in the Semla and Big Mom inadvertently eat it?

8. When did Big Mom leave the island and become a pirate? Did that happen when she married her first husband and the early kids were born? Why did she decide to marry so many husbands when men didn't really do her any arm in the flashbacks?

9. Will Big Mom finally snap and nearly kill Luffy by giving him a Yonko-style ass whooping of a lifetime? Why does Kidd get to be destroyed by a Yonko and not Luffy? Will Jinbe and Pedro get killed in the escape as Big Mom pulls an Akainu and solos the entire Strawhat Pirates/allies etc.?

1. Idk, I thought It'd be a few per captain but I guess because the average cover story arc is about 20-30 chapters I would say two more and then on to Barto.

2 This chapter explained half of that to you. The WG is behind some of these creations to begin with including Oars I believe, it just so happens that they never joined the WG I guess because Caramel is dead. Whitebeard has an earthquake devil fruit that destroys skyscrapers in real life, hitting John the Giant and Ronse with those can be devastating. The WG official this chapter described the gap in strength between Big Mom and the average giant saying she could become Fleet Admiral. However John the Giant is only Vice Admiral. So indeed some Giants are miles ahead of others. Considering Doflamingo's right hand was just a VA we can assume he's over a VA and if Luffy defeated Doffy then Luffy can even defeat John the giant who's stronger than Hajrudin. You see them as overhyped because we have Haki and devil fruit monsters defeating them. Note that no Giant so far displayed Haki nor devil fruit powers. Luffy trained defeating beast in the wilderness, he was bound to defeat Haki-less Giants. John the giant is a VA but his opponent was Whitebeard, same guy who defeated an Admiral in two hits when half dead.

3. Maybe some don't know Big Mom equals Linlin, or maybe they were tricking her into a deal just to finish killing her, or maybe they really did want peace.

4. He's notable for being taken down by Whitebeard while every other Giant didn't have the strongest man taking them down. Oda is on to something, the WG basically sabotaged every giant in their ranks lives. Just like CP members they kidnap and brainwash them. Maybe that's why every time we see John the giant he gives so speech uplifting the WG as some type of angelic organization.

5. Maybe she was not a warlord but like one. Like Rocinante in the Donquixote Pirates, maybe she was someone sent by them to obtain some things on the black market revealing something about the series fans didn't know. The WG is itself involved in the underworld.

6. Yes and probably.

7. I doubt it, Luffy would be a target if that's the case.

8. Probably right after the incident she became a pirate, like most kids without a life or family. She probably ate many of her husbands, Pound is still around because it probably just so happens he wasn't eaten, but somehow the others are MIA right now. Maybe she began to treat everyone bad to avoid loving someone just to lose them. Probably why she's not weeping over killing her own son Mascato. She began to lose her heart after having so much people come and go.

9. Maybe, Kidd gets beaten by a Yonko because he happened to have his allies abandon him and he just so happen to face one that will fight you no matter how many pictures you break or cake you destroy, back to my criticism of her, I think she's really strong obviously but her priorities are different from other powerful characters, her character seems like an antagonist of a pre-Crocodile era. Her plot could have gone with the likes of Buggy, Alvida, Don Kreig and Arlong. But we get a yonko who falls so easily over food. Again strong but worries about the wrong things, another cake can be made, you won't always have the chance to kill Luffy, so that'd be my priority, kind of like Kaido. Jack made it a priority to get Doflamingo, not beat up Luffy, they choose the right things to worry about saving the other problems for later. If Big Mom pulls an Akainu without logia powers then she'd be a tough character.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I think there is more than meets the eye. Is too early to claim she ate them.

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman thief

Ok, so what did we learn from this chapter?

• Beginning with the cover story, we learn that Cavendish left his country because he was too popular? And everyone loves him and the women of his country aren't married because they all want to be his wife. Surprising to think that a person like that has actually accepted to follow another captain rather than have anything he wants. This shows that he is not some spoiled rich kid who acts like a jerk or is full of himself, he has honor and character. Despite the way he acts, he's actually turned out a lot better than anyone else in his position.
    • A 300+-year-old living legend of the giants was taken down by a five-year-old girl. Either she is way too powerful or the Giants aren't as strong as they seem. But a couple of them were able to hold her back, so I guess that's still something. Either way, I'm still a little confused as to how strong Linlin or a giant is. Or maybe a giant can only get to a certain level of strength, but a human can go from fodder to way stronger than a giant. The power scale for a giant could be smaller than a human perhaps.
    • So we find out why BM loves cake and a croquembouche.
    • A fine glimpse at the pride of a warrior from Elbaf. Mount Beard cannot accept his comrade dying this way but at the same time, he's not consumed by revenge enough to take the life of an "innocent" child. Linlin needed guidance but at the end of the day, she didn't mean to do what she did, a five year old guys. Hajarudin's desire to be the strongest giant is also shown here. He might at some level think that the Giants are not living up to their potential.
    • Elbaf doesn't seem to be the only giant kingdom. Although Elbaf seems to be by far the biggest and the main central one.
    • Mother Caramel was the previous user of the soul fruit.
    • Lamb's house? like preparing lambs for slaughter? In this case as slaves.
    • Binks Sake is mentioned. Brooke is in this arc. Might lead to something.
    • Mother Caramel was actually an underground slave trader and a good one at that. Giving the Marines the first giant and planned to make Linlin her final deal. Claiming that Linlin was potentially Fleet Admiral level, which turns out to be true with her Yonkou position. Makes you wonder if any of the Admirals or Vice Admirals were found this way. Cipher Pols surely have plenty of kids like these. Mother Caramel has been doing this for 50 years and on child, every 2 years means she only sold 25 children in that period which doesn't seem like a lot but she still very sought after.
    • The underworld has been around for a long time and the WG seem to be involved in it. But from the looks of the masks they were wearing, it could be just the CP or CP 0 in particular who are involved and not the entirety of the Marines.
    • It appears to be that BM ate all the children and Mother Caramel. But there is a suspicious lack of blood in the scene. It is implied that she ate them but she's never eaten anyone else before. It seems odd that she suddenly ate everyone this time.
    • The flashback is over and we can get on with the main story. Her scream itself is too powerful for anyone to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    The cover stories seem to focus on the straw hats fleet, starting with Cavendish. So if we are to see all the commanders cover story and they all will meet Luffy eventually, I'd say each of the commanders get at least 10 to 15 chapters worth of cover stories.

2. Why are Giants overhyped when they end up so weak? A 5-year-old Big Mom one shot killed Fallbeard, a legendary giant captain. This is far more humiliating than pre-TS Luffy defeating Shiki. And I bet 5-year-old Big Mom would have also killed Mountbeard easily. But it's interesting to note that giants are so weak: Hajrudin got one-shotted by Luffy, Bastille got one-shotted by Sabo, Ronse/John Giant got fodderized by casual Whitebeard, a giant member of giant squad got fodderized by pre-TS Luffy etc. only demon giants like Oars and Oars Jr. are super strong
    Although in fairness, the Giants were beaten by strong characters. It seems like the average giant is way stronger than the average human, but the most powerful giants aren't as strong as the most powerful humans.
    Loki fell in love with Lola, and he was just born when BM was on Elbaf, and he most likely doesn't hold any grudge against her. It's still surprising that BM is angry with the Giants whereas it should be the other way around. But I guess enough years had passed for both parties to keep their differences aside and form a mutually beneficial alliance.

4. Why did Oda refer to John Giant specifically? Apparently, he's the first giant Marine soldier? He's notable for being taken down by Whitebeard in two quake shots. Is he the leader of the Giant Squad? Did Akainu make him the leader of a new division of powerful Vice Admirals (unlike the fodder like Ronse, Bastille, Maynard etc,)
    Again, he was taken down by Whitebeard, the world's strongest man. Even in his sickly and past his prime self, he was more than capable of destroying Marineford. Being taken down by someone like that is nothing to be ashamed about even when you're a giant. John Giant could very well be a representative for the Giants since Elbaf is not part of the WG. Giving a giant a high place like that could be the Marines way of gaining the Giants' trust.

Underground seems to be a completely separate entity to the world. It's not affiliated to either the WG or anyone Pirate or an organization. I don't think that Caramel has any kind of leverage over the WG. In fact, she seems to be scared of them, seeing as she fled to Elbaf( the supposedly strongest kingdom that is not affiliated with the WG) for protection. She has the product (the slave children) the CP have the demand for them (for the supposed protection of the Celestial Dragons). And knowing that if the public found out that the WG trades in the WG would be a good little blackmail that'd help caramel. I'm sure that knowing some spy or otherwise has definitely tried to get into the tea party either this time or before this. But seeing as how tight the security was at the tea party, I don't thing anyone from the WG has ever been able to be invited into her party. Maybe undercover. We saw how the Marines tried to take down the combatants who were at the colosseum. So perhaps at the end of the arc, we could see a marine fleet waiting to take down some of the invitees.

I seems that way, but there was no blood on the ground. And the way the clothes were ripped, it would seem that she chomped them down somehow and yet there is no blood. So although it appears that she ate them, I don't thinkg that exactly how it went down. Besides, Linlin didn't eat anyone else before this, only went into a rage and killed anyone who came in her way, but not eat them. So I don't think she ate them. Plus, the DF powers only appear on other fruits, not prepared sweets. And besides, mother caramel needs to be dead for her powers to appear on a fruit. But overall, I think that BM might have killed and somehow gotten the power of Caramel. But the kids might have escaped or maybe someone attacked them. It's never the obvious with Oda.

I doubt it. They only wanted her as a kid and that was for the protection of the Celestial Dragons. It's too risky. Although CP9 (the assassination specialists) could also have a secret plan to assassinate BM. I mean, BM tried to kill the Vinsmokes, Capone tried to kill BM. So why not someone from the WG also is there to assassinate someone? But we haven't gotten even a clue whether there is anyone from the WG.

It could be the same island Cake Island actually. It makes sense for her to make her home in the same place as the Lambs house. Just remodeled with sweets. As to marrying husbands, I don't know, she wants to have a family of different and weird creatures like the ones she saw when she was in Elbaf.

I don't think Luffy will be escaping on his feet. As to someone actually dying, we did see that guest that Katakuri killed and the priest as well. All fodder, but I don't think any main character is gonna die. This plan is bound to fail. They are not gonna assassinate a Yonkou and they are gonna learn a lesson. But BM will be hurt badly. It's pointless if Luffy can't even leave some significant damage on her. Especially after he announced to Fujitora that he will not stand back even if it's Yonkou or an Admiral. Because otherwise there's no point in becoming the Pirate King.
    http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-3119164088.gif

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman engineer

Advertisement:

You know, registering is free, allows you to take part in discussions, AND gets rid of this ad!
    Even-though the birthday seemed like a plot against BM I still believe Linlin ate Caramel in her food-rage that's how she got her powers...
    Guess who we're talking about :
    Because XX shows nothing impressive besides being an arrogant-humble idolizer who worships anyone he sees to be cool.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast