Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

One Piece Chapter 869 Discussion and 870 Predictions

"UNDER SIEGE”

One Piece Chapter 869 Discussion and 870 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 869 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 870

Star reading here @ OPB!

Last edited by Outlaw; Jun 15th '17 at 12:25 PM.
    Spoiler!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Outlaw For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Jun 15th '17), ShichiDrewKai  (Jun 16th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Let's see:

1. Oda is in a rush to finish this arc.

2. Fun to see Luffy having that glare in his eyes and not being scared ( as i was shocked to see him being scared in the previous chapter).

3. Finally Smoothie did something in this chapter, getting a grip on Nami for 30 secs or so was pretty damn epic.

4. I believe the Box fell along with that dude trying to open it and he might open it down causing a ruckus for them to escape.
    Last edited by Outlaw; Jun 15th '17 at 01:05 PM.
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

GO GO GERMA 66!

I was surprised by the general lack of progression this chapter compared to the last few. It mostly served to show that the Germa 66 are no scrubs which would justify why Oda has mostly swept them to the side the entire wedding.

What I find most interesting about the situation that the Straw Hats are currently in is that their survival is largely in the hands of the Fire Tanks and the Germa. That's not to say the Straw Hats are powerless in the fray, but only Luffy and Sanji are top fighters and the numbers are not on their sides. I could see this going a number of ways that would allow for the group to gtfo.

Option 1: Tamatebako Box destroys enough of the mountain to give the crew an opening to escape.

Option 2: Somehow all the people in book jail break free.

Option 3: Germa clone army buys time for the rest of the crew to escape. Basically going Stalin and sending bodies and bodies at the Charlottes, not to beat them but to slow them down.

Whichever way it works out, I find it unlikely that Fire Tanks, Germa, and Straw Hats will each make it to their respective ships separately without Brulee, so I'm looking forward to seeing that resolve. I feel as though this is going to wrap similarly to Impel Down with it leading straight into Wano.

On a sidenote, did anyone else get mad Sogeking vibes from the Germa 66 action pose?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

So the shit has hit the fan fully. Too bad there is a break.. AND the Tametabako is missing? I have no idea how they can get out. Luffy secret move possibly?
    “You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you.” – Ocelot

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

How I see the next Chapter going.

>Tatame Bakko getting to Big Mam somehow, and blowing up. Since she was in so much distress b4 I think that her durability is still down I think that it will wound her knocking her out or it will send her into a blind rage attacking anyone in range. They need enough of a distraction to delay Big Mam's forces so that they can get out of there.

From there Big Mam's forces will follow Luffy to Wano
    Brutal Hunter
    Kagenui Yozuru | 5.6| Kagenui's Playbook | Travel Log | 222XP | 0 Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

@Inuarashi @Nekomamushi @Laboon @Stein @Aertes @Outlaw @Jamal Henderson @FireAngeL @Basil @Eco Seis @desa @Matternativ @Scepter @ShichiDrewKai @The Pirate Prince @Gir @SniperKing

Just a heads up that the thread title needs to be fixed and i'm really bad with multiple choice polls. I rated 5/5.

Now regarding the chapter:

1. Is Oda rushing to finish the arc? Why? Does he have something really important stored in Wano Arc/Kaido Saga?

2. Related to 1), is Kaido a demon giant like Oars/Oars Jr.? Is he linked to Elbaf or is he from a separate tribe? Why does Fallbeard/Mountbeard cape and armor look very similar to what artificial DF fodder wear in Jack's division? Could Kaido have been inspired by Elbaf?

3. Is the current cover story going to be one of the longest since we are spending 3-4 chapters focusing on each member? Will the part on Hajrudin reveal insights into his crew and possibly about Elbaf? Will that be shown near the end of the current WCI arc?

4. Where are Cracker, Opera and the quintuplets in the Big Mom counterattack? Did Big Mom really kill and eat them for failing their mission? Because Cracker's Biscuit Soldiers can counter Big Father very easily and the alliance would be wiped out.

5. Will Smoothie suck a juicy Nami dry? or is Smoothie weak to poison and will be stalled by Reiju?

6. Could the Germa 66 all out advance actually defeat Perospero, Daifuku and Oven while severely damaging Smoothie who appears to be the weakest Sweet Commander?

7. Did Pudding actually fall in love with Sanji and got amazed and possibly jealous when Sanji saved Nami?

8. Will the flying Tamatebako box land in Buggy's ship and knock Buggy out when he opens it?

9. How can Katakuri or even Cracker be defeated by wetness if Smoothie can suck the moisture from them? Cracker lasted 12 hours against Luffy with run/eat/G4 strategy despite his biscuits becoming weak and soaking wet. A Katakuri/Smoothie combination alone is virtually unstoppable that not even Marco, Jozu, Sabo or Vista can stop them.

10. Since Big Mom is destroying the castle and Bege is getting injured, will Luffy smash Big Mom into a bloody pulp with a surprise G4 attack storm?

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Ooooh, so the castle is Capone. That makes things very interesting. Dude's taking hits, but he can't seem to handle them. They're from a Yonko, though, but even so, it's not like she's going full force on him. Then again, he's basically made himself one big target now.

Glad to see Germa helping out. They'll be needed in this fight. It was awesome seeing Sanji stare down his father I feel like they were kicking ass a bit too easy, though. Reiju was giving Smoothie problems. Perhaps it's an elemental advantage, given that she has poison abilities. And they did blindside most of these guys.

I'm hyped for what's gonna happen next. How're they gonna be able to fight off all of these guys? Something has to go their way. Luffy and Jinbe could possibly take on Katakuri and Smoothie, but, you know... there's still Big Mom.

What I'm pretty sure about is that the Tamatebako will come into play somehow. Maybe the bomb will explode, which will take down the building they're on top. That should give them the element of surprise, even though it will surprise them, as well.

La da da da, la da da da, la da da da da da da da da da
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

What an interesting turn of events.. Really didn't think that the Strawhats (& allies) would get totally backed into a corner like this. Now that Linlin has regained consciousness, something needs to go their way QUICK. I agree with Neko, it likely has something to do with the Tamatebako but I'm not exactly sure what. Maybe it'll make the roof cave in. At that point, Bege (if not too injured) could use the confusion to turn back into his Castle Tank form for a quick getaway. It would be much smaller and faster and he could still house everyone inside in the ballroom like setting (like back on Zou.) Not sure if that's how it'll go down...

Also, while I don't really think this will happen, has anyone else considered the possibility of Team Trafalgar/Zoro/Samurai showing up in Tra-Guy's submarine with the sort of "you were taking too long so we figured something was wrong," mentality and getting them the f*ck out of there?

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Ooooh, so the castle is Capone. That makes things very interesting. Dude's taking hits, but he can't seem to handle them. They're from a Yonko, though, but even so, it's not like she's going full force on him. Then again, he's basically made himself one big target now.

Glad to see Germa helping out. They'll be needed in this fight. It was awesome seeing Sanji stare down his father I feel like they were kicking ass a bit too easy, though. Reiju was giving Smoothie problems. Perhaps it's an elemental advantage, given that she has poison abilities. And they did blindside most of these guys.

I'm hyped for what's gonna happen next. How're they gonna be able to fight off all of these guys? Something has to go their way. Luffy and Jinbe could possibly take on Katakuri and Smoothie, but, you know... there's still Big Mom.

What I'm pretty sure about is that the Tamatebako will come into play somehow. Maybe the bomb will explode, which will take down the building they're on top. That should give them the element of surprise, even though it will surprise them, as well.
    Just got that the box fell off the platform. U are probably right, it will probably take down the building giving them the chance to escape somehow. Ppl in Capone might be the only safe ones cuz they are anchored to the ground with candy
    Last edited by Inari; Jun 15th '17 at 05:54 PM.
    Brutal Hunter
    Kagenui Yozuru | 5.6| Kagenui's Playbook | Travel Log | 222XP | 0 Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Advertisement:

You know, registering is free, allows you to take part in discussions, AND gets rid of this ad!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDtheAlchemist View Post
    Also, while I don't really think this will happen, has anyone else considered the possibility of Team Trafalgar/Zoro/Samurai showing up in Tra-Guy's submarine with the sort of "you were taking too long so we figured something was wrong," mentality and getting them the f*ck out of there?
    If anything, I think Urouge might show up to do some more battling with BM. Wish Croc would show up

Quote Originally Posted by Inari View Post
    Just got that the box fell off the platform. U are probably right, it will probably take down the building giving them the chance to escape somehow. Ppl in Capone might be the only safe ones cuz they are anchored to the ground with candy
    I have to disagree with the notion that they're escaping. They have to finish off BM, or else everyone on the Baratie will die. But yeah, I think they'll be safe inside the castle.

Spoiler!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast