Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    It was indeed a great game and one of my personal favorites. I myself learned quite a bit from it.

From my superpowered kill ability I assumed scum also had a superkill or something alike, and I was sure they would use it to eliminate the towniest player around. So I tried to bait it out and use my commuting to dodge it (and only after i had a "Wait... does commuting even dodge a superkill?" moment. ) Daytime poisoning though... Not what I had in mind!

Well played @Stein I smelled a rat but never really pushed it. MVP vote: Stein

And now I will proceed to blame everyone else for losing this.

Nise that defense was god awful. I should have realized that you were too scummy to be scum. So #blamegir as well.
    Laboon, why hide behind Shaki of all people?!? Or hide at all?
    Drew, I don't think i need to say anything do I?
    Soulkiller, that is not how you survivor. Why not claim guilty? That and your radical meta change would give enough clues.
    Apple, actually you did as well as you could. No blame on you.
    Spiegel... eh, you did as well as you could too. Tone down the tunneling power a bit though.
    Indigo...You really need to take things less personal.
    Ratchet was also good for what little time he was with us.

I also need to point out that town managed to miss the End of phase with their votes TWICE in this game. With Spiegel and Ratchet. Honestly so many fails here, Modkill too. If one thing went our way it could have ended differently. I'd even say the odds were slightly against mafia, so even more + to them for winning this.

@Aertes Thanks for the game! Which two roles did you add to have 11 players from 9?
    My master plan was this.

After getting NP 1 results that Rise (Ratchet was town) because I did not die I had a feeling that Shaki was red in DP 2. Hence the vote and then I came in late to the end of the phase and got flustered.
    I then hinted that I would need to look further in to Shaki.
    I figured Shaki was red, I would die and flip green which would confirm Ratchet as green (based off the read I had given) and point town in the direction of a scum.
    If shaki happened to be town and just playing scummy, then I'd have survived and had 2 confirmed green reads heading into the late stages of the game. Obviously the worst result happened with Ratchet + shaki both dying.

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Vote Lynch: Stein

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Laboon View Post
    My master plan was this.

After getting NP 1 results that Rise (Ratchet was town) because I did not die I had a feeling that Shaki was red in DP 2. Hence the vote and then I came in late to the end of the phase and got flustered.
    I then hinted that I would need to look further in to Shaki.
    I figured Shaki was red, I would die and flip green which would confirm Ratchet as green (based off the read I had given) and point town in the direction of a scum.
    If shaki happened to be town and just playing scummy, then I'd have survived and had 2 confirmed green reads heading into the late stages of the game. Obviously the worst result happened with Ratchet + shaki both dying.
    too complicated of a plan man. i nearly exposed Stein using you but got distracted by posts.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    Actually it was curious how the game's flow made sense from the story's pov too.

Ok Raest dying first was random but in a way he died as unceremoniously as he does in the book.
    Then the lovers, Paran and Tattersail quarrel all day and they end up dead together.
    Kruppe dying was a bit off but oh well Krupped dying would be of anyway because Kruppe wouldn't die lol.
    But then again, Sorry and Cotillion, the one who has possessed her die during the same night and Quick Ben tries to fuck over the House of Shadow and ends up getting destroyed by Rake himself, but in true Quick Ben "I fuck with the gods in my free time" fashion he manages to take out Rake!
    And all this to end in Kalam, the assassin who despises magic, getting killed by the creature that is practically sustained and function because of a magical ritual.
    And the deciding vote, Crokus, has to make a decision which he sees like a coin flip, and guess who Crokus is, he is the Coin Bearer!

@Aertes and @ShichiDrewKai I think will appreciate the irony in all this

Haha, yeah, I certainly didn't expect the flavor to actually work out so well. Having to write a death scene for Rake was heartbreaking tho

I hope you enjoyed the game, as for the town being OP, I think most roles had means that could work in favor of mafia (as hider, stealth etc). Perhaps Rake having 2Vig shots was overkill, but statistically I expected one kill to land in town. I don't think over riding bus was unfair to Mafia, since they also had an unblockable kill. Survivor was meant to balance mafia a bit more, with a deciding vote near the EoG, but hm, well. Yeah.

I was really sad that I had to modkill people, especially for a reason that it could have been easily resolved if you reached me with a PM. I hope my decision didn't ruin the mood and the balance of the game.
    Very good game @Stein, LyLo is always hard, but I think you managed to position yourself in a place that town didn't have much in their favor to push you. Well played and well deserved victory.
    Very good game as well @Gir, I am actually very proud that you're back in your good shape, despite the tunnel (that was deserved imo), you managed to clear yourself easily in the eyes of others and have a strong presence. Well played as well.

Thank you all for playing!!

Also after some time a game that truly deserves an MVP award.

MVP vote: Stein
    Last edited by Aertes; Jul 2nd '17 at 10:45 PM.

My love.
    He is yours, now, Hood. Do you smile?
    My love is yours.

the 9th

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin scientist

Thank you all for the votes, I appreciate it. I was actually a lot less confident than I may appeared and I believe that it was a very narrow win the way things went.

Really glad to win the award in this particular game Once again thanks @Aertes for hosting it and being a very professional host and I hope you host more of this flavour, this world needs more Malazan!

I am the bearer of Fener's grief. I am my vow incarnate. This, and in all that follows. We are not yet done here.
    I am not yet done. Behold, I yield to nothing.

Manga
    Davy Back Fight
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Oh yeah, shit, MVP.

MVP vote: Reading Steiner

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990