View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 6.90%

2 6.90%

6 20.69%

19 65.52%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

One Piece Chapter 870 Discussion and 871 Predictions

"Farewell”

One Piece Chapter 870 Discussion and 871 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 870 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 871

Start reading here @ OPB!

Last edited by Inuarashi; Jul 3rd '17 at 12:18 AM.
    Spoiler!

Bring justice like no one else can!
    Defend the placement of your favorite characters in the Tier List Thread!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Inuarashi For This Useful Post:

FireAngeL  (Jun 29th '17)

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Nothing much for developing the storyline after the break... well, the last page was somewhat satisfying.

And the title of the chapter maybe is reference to the family ties in Vinsmoke between Sanji and Judge.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

That last page was a 5/5!

Bege tanking more hits, doing great damage to him while Cannon balls unfaze him!

Sanji severing ties with his family, assuring that they wont go after Zeff, and establishing Luffy as his true captain, noting the difference that his captain wouldn't let a man from his crew let his family die Despite his past.

Then all the Vinsmokes taking the hit and making the sacrifice to save the others, taking hits from Big Mom to protect Bege.

But it wouldn't feel like Luffy if he just let them die. Luffy and Sanji attacking Big Mom's attack (Zeus?) was awesome.

One extra bit: Capone showing where his loyalty lies. Felt right. The others were willing to leave him there to die... So it didn't feel wrong that he doesn't care much about them either. Also shows the main difference between Luffy's alliance with Law and Bege.
    Spoiler!

Bring justice like no one else can!
    Defend the placement of your favorite characters in the Tier List Thread!

😇Crashing 😎the Mode😈 IllusiveTheory's Avatar
    Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Well; It wasn't G4 Luffy punching Big Mom, but I'm still stratified with Luffy actually engaging in direct combat with Big Mom with Sanji as a partner instead of Jinbie. Death flag is still over Jinbie so I'm still scared for him until they leave this arc.

Anyways, Good for Sanji to finally get his closure with his shitty family. Now, he move forward doing things he wants to do b/c that dancing to someone else beat doesn't suit any Straw hat namely one of the Monster trio. Let's hope Sanji can get some feats that shows he's not a scrub to be played with.

Am I the only one seeing a Kata vs Ichi fight incoming? B/c these two seems so much alike in their overconfidence in their abilities to get things done.

Lol, almost forgot CC knows Judge form back in the day of working together.

Anyway, I'm just glad Luffy is finally getting a practice match against a Yonkou to understand what he's up against going into the future. I would have been very disappointed, If Luffy didn't clash with Big Mom once before this arc concluded.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts entertainer

Good further characterisation for Sanji, emphasising his upbringing with Zeff, and Capone showing his scummy ways.

Plot progression was really weak though.

Also, I'm sorry but SOMEONE needs to die this arc! The Yonkos aren't even threatening anymore. Or I should say rather, this whole set up with the RED WEDDING...
    Last edited by KingOfThePirates; Jun 29th '17 at 08:18 PM.

😇Crashing 😎the Mode😈 IllusiveTheory's Avatar
    Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfThePirates View Post
    Good further characterisation for Sanji, emphasising his upbringing with Zeff, and Capone showing his scummy ways.

Plot progression was really weak though.

Also, I'm sorry but SOMEONE needs to die this arc! The Yonkos aren't even threatening anymore.
    I do understand your point about showing Yonkou threat value but I disagree about someone dying to prove how threatening a Yonkou(s) are. Hell, Luffy & Sanji getting their asses handed to them in this fight against Big Mom can show that clearly without any death. Both of them can run(drag themselves away) after getting beat by Big Mom, noting how much they didn't stand a chance, which still serve purpose without anyone dying and showing Yonkou threat value.

Edit: Anyway, I'm up for anyone dying as long it isn't Jinbie.
    Last edited by IllusiveTheory; Jun 29th '17 at 11:55 AM.

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Inuarashi View Post
    1. But it wouldn't feel like Luffy if he just let them die. Luffy and Sanji attacking Big Mom's attack (Zeus?) was awesome.

2. One extra bit: Capone showing where his loyalty lies. Felt right. The others were willing to leave him there to die... So it didn't feel wrong that he doesn't care much about them either. Also shows the main difference between Luffy's alliance with Law and Bege.
    1. It was Zeus, right. It is always with the left hand, while Prometheus is on the right.

2. There I disagree. Luffy shows concern for Bege, though. The others are always cautious with other pirates unlike him; Bege is a traitorous type, but of course he never betray his subordinates - he's a mafiose. And moreover, he also didn't care for Straw Hat Pirates from the start; the call for them to get into the castle was just a need for more power in case.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Vinsmokes seem to be acting for the sake of their pride at the moment. Not surprising, but anyway it makes sense from the story point of view as it would've been pretty stupid if they just suddenly became the Strawhats' friends.

Damn the panel in which Luffy and Sanji countered Big Mom was dope.

One thing to note is that Luffy couldn't use G3 effectively against Doffy, because it was too slow to hit him. I think Big Mom hasn't exactly looked like a speedster here, so I could see Luffy stalling her with G3 for a short time. G4's capability against a Yonko would naturally be nice to see though. Also expecting some new tricks from Sanji. I guess Germa will be stalling BM's crew when Luffy and Sanji stall BM herself? The Germa subordinates might come to play somehow here as well.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Sanji pulling Judge down is dope. Judge actually got the pleasure to work with the great Gastino, that's cool. Capone's inner form changed as his outer form changed. Nami kind of revealed what i've been feeling. No one's really gone full out into fighting because they feel that their whole crew isn't there. Sanji and Luffy are out there, so SH may surprise some of the readers by the end of all this.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Advertisement:

You know, registering is free, allows you to take part in discussions, AND gets rid of this ad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuarashi View Post
    That last page was a 5/5! Sanji severing ties with his family, assuring that they wont go after Zeff, and establishing Luffy as his true captain, noting the difference that his captain wouldn't let a man from his crew let his family die Despite his past.
    I think that Sanji was refering to Zeff, as his boss not Luffy.

But I did like Bege role a lot, and this is the perfect opportunity to have some use for the Vinsmokes, not an amazing chapter for one after a week break, but that last scene was great.
    Last edited by Eco Seis; Jun 29th '17 at 03:12 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast