Gold
    EXP
    assassin scientist

Hateful 8 Mafia #2 ~ Game Thread

Hateful Eight Mafia #2

Set Up

Open

Town

2 Cops, Sanity Unknown [Cops are not aware of their sanity status. Sanities can either be: sane, insane]
    1 Iron
    1 Concealer [each night, choose a player to conceal, so night actions can’t target him/her]
    1 Tracker

Independent

2 Serial Killers
    1 Survivor Trickster [each night choose a player to RNG his/hers action target. You need to survive till the end of the game]

Game Info

- The game starts with the Night Phase, where only the two Town Cops can submit their night actions and receive results.
    - This is a majority/plurality game. In case majority isn't reached by the end of the day, the player with most votes will get lynched. In case of a tie, the result will be randomized.
    - Votes lock on majority.
    - This is a non-claiming/hinting game. Any kind of hinting or claiming is strictly forbidden.
    - The Day Phases will run for 48 hours and the Night Phases for 24 hours.

Game Info and Guidelines
    (read them carefully)

- The game starts with the Night Phase, where only the two Town Cops can submit their night actions and receive results.
    - This is a majority/plurality game. In case majority isn't reached by the end of the day, the player with most votes will get lynched. In case of a tie, the result will be randomized.
    - Votes lock on majority.
    - This is a non-claiming/hinting game. Any kind of hinting or claiming is strictly forbidden. To make this clear, if I am able to understand that you have hinted, it's not allowed and you will face the consequences. Trust me, I am very good with these things.
    - The Day Phases will run for 48 hours and the Night Phases for 24 hours. Small extensions will be given if needed
    - This game won't have a specific minimum post requirement. You are all asked to be active and participate. In case I judge you fail to keep up with the game or avoid meaningful posting, I will sub you out.
    - In case you have any questions please direct them to me via PM and don't post them in the thread. Questions asked in the thread will be ignored.
    - In case the Trickster has interfered with your action you will receive a notification at the end of the night.
    - In lynches and kills, I won't reveal the full role of the player, only their alignment (Town/Independent).
    - Players cannot self target.
    - If the Survivor Trickster interferes with a player’s target, the actions can’t bounce back to the caster.
    - In case one Serial Killer and the Survivor are all that's left in the game, the Survivor wins with the Serial.
    - In case the Iron and one Serial Killer are left in the game, the faction kill of the Serial Killer is upgraded to superkill and can kill the Iron.
    - No Lynch is not acceptable due to balance reasons. If the votes are tied, RNGesus decides who lives and who dies.

Lynch Templates

To place a vote on someone use:

PHP Code:
    [VOTE=GREY]INSERT NAME HERE[/VOTE
    Example: Vote Lynch: Obvtown

To change your vote use:

PHP Code:
    [CHANGEVOTE=INDIGO]INSERT NAME HERE[/CHANGEVOTE
    Example: Change Vote Lynch: Locktown

To abstain your vote use:

PHP Code:
    [CHANGEVOTE=Cyan]Abstain[/CHANGEVOTE
    Example: Change Vote Lynch: Abstain
    Last edited by Stein; Jul 4th '17 at 11:24 PM.
    The game of mafia is the eternal struggle between the admitted desire not to get lynched
    and the unadmitted desire not to read.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stein For This Useful Post:

Gir  (Jul 4th '17), Itztli  (Jul 13th '17), Laboon  (Jul 4th '17), Min  (Jul 4th '17), Rise-Chan  (Jul 4th '17), Shaki  (Jul 4th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin scientist

Alive Players

1. Rise-Chan
    2. Inari
    3. Nise
    4. Min
    5. Laboon
    6. SoulKiller
    7. Aertes
    8. Shaki

Dead Players

List of Subs

Gir

Phase Index

The game of mafia is the eternal struggle between the admitted desire not to get lynched

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin scientist

Night Phase 0

The Burning Hells were in huge uproar, a state not unfamiliar to its residents, yet this time elevated to a whole new scale. The Great Evils were seeking to usurp the Prime Evils and seize rule of all Hell for themselves. This Rebellion wouldn't be left unanswered of course, but if human wars and power games are any evidence, one can only dread to imagine what horror a conflict between the most powerful demons would unleash.

Who shall remain as ruler of all Hell and who shall be banished? Let's find out!

@Aertes @Inari @Laboon @Min @Nise @Rise-Chan @Shaki @SoulKiller those among you that can act during N0 send me your actions asap!

This phase will last for roughly 12h. If some actions have not been received until that point I will start the game and receive them during early DP1.
    Last edited by Stein; Jul 4th '17 at 01:15 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin scientist

Day Phase 1

A couple of demons decided to take a head start and acted before anyone else. Did they manage to be sneaky and have an advantage or were they gifted this extra chance just to be toyed with a bit further? Great Evils, for all their vices, are undeniably complicated beings. Sometimes perhaps a bit too much for their own good.

Day Phase 1 starts now and will last for 48h and not a minute more!

Countdown

@Aertes @Inari @Min @Nise @Laboon @Rise-Chan @Shaki @SoulKiller
    Last edited by Stein; Jul 5th '17 at 11:52 PM.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

So hey guys I have this new tactic using vig
    There is a secret...

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

on serious note, the best tactic will be to let one of the cops who got guilty push their target and after flip both cops will confirm their sanity.

If none got guilty result at night, means one of them had false negative and found scum, 50% to lynch scum 1st DP.
    There is a secret...

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Why hello all u beautiful ppl. I hope to have a wonderful game and i will see u all tomorrow
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin scientist

I already told some of you in PMs but I advice all of you to read the rules carefully. It's a complicated setup with quite a few details so to play it optimally you need to know what you are doing.

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nise View Post
    on serious note, the best tactic will be to let one of the cops who got guilty push their target and after flip both cops will confirm their sanity.

If none got guilty result at night, means one of them had false negative and found scum, 50% to lynch scum 1st DP.
    I've never played one of these games, or a game with DP 0, but aren't there mechanics in play to stop this?
    No claiming or hinting..so the cop/s cannot come forward.
    And if the cop who did get guilty (assuming only one did) and they were the insane..we would have lost 1 town.
    Then NP kills come.
    making it 2 town vs 2 sk vs 1 survivor on dp 2 worst case
    Instant win best case (SKs kill each other).

If this tactic has been used in the past and works then i'm for it but I think it's more complicated that 50% chance of a scum get.

I assumed NP 0 was to give cops a head start at determining their own sanity and that was about all it was useful for.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Laboon View Post
    I've never played one of these games, or a game with DP 0, but aren't there mechanics in play to stop this?
    No claiming or hinting..so the cop/s cannot come forward.
    And if the cop who did get guilty (assuming only one did) and they were the insane..we would have lost 1 town.
    Then NP kills come.
    making it 2 town vs 2 sk vs 1 survivor on dp 2 worst case
    Instant win best case (SKs kill each other).

If this tactic has been used in the past and works then i'm for it but I think it's more complicated that 50% chance of a scum get.

I assumed NP 0 was to give cops a head start at determining their own sanity and that was about all it was useful for.
    it could come down to 2townies vs 1 sk vs 1 sk vs 1surv and it's not bad scenario, but both cops would confirm their sanity even after mislynch, so it's the best way to start IF we won't have anything else. This game was hosted only once before and it was pretty safe SK lynch DP1, if we can manage that it's of course better, but if we come down to basically shooting in the dark, better let cops do it.

oh and about claiming, they can just come and vote straight forward, it isn't hinting, it isn't claiming. SK obviously won't do that, because he/she will get insta-lynched after that.
    There is a secret...