Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 577
  1. #561
    Aertes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    High House Dark
    Posts
    3,864
    Gender
    Female
    Beli
    74,242
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin


    Quote Originally Posted by SoulKiller View Post
    Huh? I fail to see the point of this post. I just hope you did not go back gathering quotes but I hope you feel some sort of satisfactions now at least.

    As for the statements above yes my reads were wrong it was DP1 no big deal there I had you as guilty so I had a good reason for you there. I stick to my point that your argument was indeed stupid and unnecessary really. Other than that you did have a solid town play, it was matter of trusting what I was told and your play behavior. Ofcourse my play from the beginning was to clear my own alignment and know if I was sane or insane.

    It was obvious as fuck that I was cop from my playstyle in DP1 like way to obvious to the point that I could not make it more clearer other than get myself mod killed. So yes you did derp hard by lynching your fellow cop lol. Especially since you were the other cop and should of knew better. You had your alignment pretty much figured out after I stated multiple times that my vote on you is locked and could of not been more clear that I was cop. Matter of fact, the fact that people still did not get the idea that I was a cop made me dumbfounded. Laboon vote was understandable he is Serial afterall but you and nise ? rofl.

    Overall, your play was indeed good but nothing really wows. By DP2 you were certain that your sanity was sane and had 2 people copped out and 3 players left. Two of them were serials so it was process of elimination at that point. Nothing out of the ordinary. Kudos for winning this game for townies.
    By now it's clear that you fail to see a lot of obvious stuff.

    I consider it a pretty big deal when you are being obnoxious and rude to everyone in the game to follow and push your reads that were completely wrong.
    The only thing that was obvious as fuck is that your play style was terrible. When you receive a guilty result first time, chances are you are the insane.
    Well, as I said the chance of you being cop was big but you managed to get lynched while the wagons were on the two independents, that's a really great feat and the credits for this goes all to you.
    My vote came mainly for the fact that you were playing bad and honestly, the game would be much better without you, SK or town. You played to divide town and I think part of why DP2 was pretty clear is the fact that you were eliminated.
    Yeah, I am sure you could have managed better
    The fact that every tiny little thing you said has been disproven and was wrong, but you still insist on calling other people's arguments stupid only shows how bad your approach was.

    "I of course represent the perfect balance.
    Wit, physical prowess and a multitude of talents to match my natural grace. When combined with my extraordinary ability to waste it all, you see, standing before you, the exquisite culmination"
    the 9th

  2. #562
    DaNGeR SoulKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    945
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,613
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Aertes View Post

    I consider it a pretty big deal when you are being obnoxious and rude to everyone in the game to follow and push your reads that were completely wrong.
    Rude to everyone? I was aggressive yes, maybe little bit more aggressive yes. But won't necessary call that rude trust me. If i want to be rude to anyone I will make it clear for them lol. Plus, that statements does not apply to "everyone" so please no pulling stuff out of your ass now. I was overly aggressive only to two people, want me to point it out for you? hint hint But if you think that was rude then you should see your playstyle when you are super aggressive.

    The only thing that was obvious as fuck is that your play style was terrible. When you receive a guilty result first time, chances are you are the insane.
    Not gonna state that my playstyle this game was good by any means. Matter of fact it was far from it. I approached stuff the wrong way and shit happened.

    Well, as I said the chance of you being cop was big but you managed to get lynched while the wagons were on the two independents, that's a really great feat and the credits for this goes all to you.
    rofl I find it quite amusing, you derped for that lynch like it or not by lynching an obvious cop, it was your fault equally as it is mine so cut the BS dear. I simply came and stated my position on the rise and shaki situation. Plus wanted to point out some stuff about certain things. Apparently that means SK has to go out and die. Ya keep telling yourself that.

    without you, SK or town. You played to divide town and I think part of why DP2 was pretty clear is the fact that you were eliminated.
    Played to divide town? that is indeed interesting way to say it. Pushing aertes = divide the players. Noted. By the way I was gonna cop min second NP. If I got guilty on her as well then I would of knew right then that I was insane and play DP2 accordingly. My playstyle DP1 was aim to clear my sanity and tried to achieve it by force. We saw how that turned out.

    Yeah, I am sure you could have managed better
    No need to get insecure and defensive about that. Matter of fact I was complementing you. So chill not everything has to be negative here dear.

    The fact that every tiny little thing you said has been disproven and was wrong, but you still insist on calling other people's arguments stupid only shows how bad your approach was.
    I did state that my reads are wrong, it was DP1 afterall. How am I insisting and calling other people arguments stupid? putting words in my mouth now? I stated your argument that you pulled out about the mechanical talk was. That's it. No need to pull stuff out from fairy land now. My approach was bad and I see it's flaw. I learn and move on with my life.

    I don't know why you even wanted to discuss this or even bring it up after the game finished. Feel some sort of satisfaction? feel better about yourself? idk really I was simply gonna come here drop my mvp vote and call it a day. Have other important stuff to take care off like the next mafia game I have ready to host.

    All in all you were the better player among the townie group and lead townies to victory so.

    Vote Lynch: Aertes (forgot how the code for the mvp one so using the regular voting one lol.)

    Have a nice day folks ^^
    Last edited by SoulKiller; Jul 13th '17 at 10:02 AM.
    I touched the stars, and saw the glorious light of a thousand suns! Now, blinded by this elegance, how could my purpose be anything... but dark...

  3. #563
    Stein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,486
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    37,559
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin scientist


    Some thoughts/comments from your dear caring host:

    @Aertes played a very solid game overall, accurate and wasn't under any serious suspicion either. Good night actions too. Only point where there could have been improvement is EoD1 where had logic prevailed over emotion it could have ended with a Serial lynch.
    Do you have any comments on the setup btw now that you saw it as a player? Maybe Tracker is stronger than we believed? Nise suggested to me as a change that we don't inform if the Trickster messed up your actions, sorta like what happens with Busdriver. Maybe excessive tho.

    @Nise had very good reads, I believe he was the first to post reads and had both Serials in his bottom 3 reads. What you didn't do well imo is clear self, which is very very important in this setup. Not clearing self as well as you could have almost gave Laboon a chance there at the end (actually, as an observer I at times thought it would be a toss up). Granted, most of the reasons they suspected you were playstyle, which is NAI, but there were a few shaky moments too.

    @Inari I thought you played a stable game and I think if you cared more / devoted (or had) a bit more time for the game it would have resulted in an easier town win. Didn't carry the Town or anything but followed the right people and cleared correctly too. Brought some entertainment in the game as well, always nice.

    @Min played her best game so far and had some good reads but the lesson to be learned here is to be more flexible with how you see things and adapt to the situation (talking about End of Day 2 as Aertes too told you about) and also not to forget some good reads of your own (Laboon read was great, even I as host missed that) just because something new attracted your attention.

    @SoulKiller I have already told you some things but very quickly here too
    a) this way of playing as Cop in this setup just doesn't work well. All you get is look weird af and dance with the modkill threat. Even if you do confirm your sanity, if it is at the cost of a townie, you have either sacrificed your protection, or the guy who will save some kills by tanking them, or the other Cop. Only decent loss is Tracker.
    b) you need to be a bit less all-in with your views. Take a step back, reconsider.
    c) don't provoke your potential teammates so much and don't aggravate them, it only serves to throw you deeper in the tunnel and also make them uncomfortable to keep you around.
    Anyway, everyone has off games, all that matters is that you learn from them and I believe that you are capable of that

    @Rise-Chan I enjoyed watching for the brief amount of time he managed to play. Reminded me of your good town self the way you pursued Shaki. Your mistake imo was abstaining the night action. It wouldn't save you in this particular situation (I don't think you'd target Laboon) but generally it's your means of self-preservation.

    @Shaki to me it looked like you started playing for real after you got caught by the dynamic town duo. In this setup, the Serial Killer needs to be as dynamic as the Town tho, in order to a) manage to get any idea he can about the roles they have b) try to figure out who the Survivor, his only potential ally, is and c) figure out the other Serial. If one does all this, it will also look like he/she is "solving" the game too, even though it will be for different goals.


    @Laboon kinda same with Shaki regarding the solving part. I got the impression that you let the Town call all the shots during the Day. You need to commit and try to persuade them, sway them off the track they want and put them on the track that serves your goals. Almost all Town got you by the end of the game for being more passive than you should, even though the early impressions you made were positive. Nightkilling Rise there was imo bad btw, should have shot either Aertes or Nise.
    Last edited by Stein; Jul 13th '17 at 10:22 AM.
    The game of mafia is the eternal struggle between the admitted desire not to get lynched
    and the unadmitted desire not to read.

  4. #564
    Stein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,486
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    37,559
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin scientist


    Oh and a comment for both Cops.

    You are cop, you cop NP0 looking at 7 players, 4 town 3 indies. If you get a Guilty, it's actually more probable that it was wrong and you are Insane (it's 57% to target town). If you get an Innocent it's more probable that you are Sane and it was right.

    It's not much but you need to think about these probabilities and play to them.

    Especially after you cop twice and have seen a flip, you can work these more and along with your reads have a good idea of what's going on even if your sanity isn't mechanically confirmed. That's how we designed the Cop role to be in this game. Not to play follow-the-cop.
    The game of mafia is the eternal struggle between the admitted desire not to get lynched
    and the unadmitted desire not to read.

  5. #565
    Common Sense Tingling Shaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    5,886
    Manga
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,879
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    Not to play follow-the-cop.
    But in the end, it was "follow-the-cop" in a very strong way as well. Oh and thanks for your comments, while i didn't really enjoy the game, be it because i didn't know how to play the early game phase and/or i didn't like when town can basically "TR" which is the equivalent of i copped you and you're green, or tracker can say stuff like the below and get away with it.

    Also @Nise wtf :/ ? I targeted you that night and you go out and say you tried to kill me, didn't you? WHO THE FUCK SAYS THAT!?

    Oh and @Laboon you could've argued Nise when he said Aertes copped Inari and Min, no one flipped so how can you let him say that aertes confirmed her sanity?

    As for MVP i personally don't like to give MVPs to dead or subbed out players, the best player to make it through the end of a game gets my vote, so Vote Lynch: Nise, while i think that Aertes play was formidable even when stubborn as fuck.
    Yeah. That is a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you...

    S'matter Buddy? You look a little, what's the word I'm looking for here, Stupid.

    Spoiler!


    Curious about the Chicken on a raft ?

  6. #566
    Stein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,486
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    37,559
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin scientist


    Oh and another thing I remembered now. Why did none of you glance at the previous game we played with this setup?

    I saw discussion upon discussion about who would vote when and what could it mean about potential Cops and SKs and I was like "yeah...if you go look in the previous game I did this as Iron so..."

    Same with SoulKiller's repeat of Drew's cop strategy.
    The game of mafia is the eternal struggle between the admitted desire not to get lynched
    and the unadmitted desire not to read.

  7. #567
    Nise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,253
    Gender
    Tactical attack Helicopter
    Beli
    17,933
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Shaki View Post
    Also @Nise wtf :/ ? I targeted you that night and you go out and say you tried to kill me, didn't you? WHO THE FUCK SAYS THAT!?
    Confident people, I was sure I'd bait some shots from SK, I played not townie enough to get healed and not scummy enough to get lynched to maybe bait shots on me. c: I just blindly said that, Irons aren't notified when they are shot
    There is a secret...

  8. #568
    Nise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,253
    Gender
    Tactical attack Helicopter
    Beli
    17,933
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Matter of fact, the fact that people still did not get the idea that I was a cop made me dumbfounded. Laboon vote was understandable he is Serial afterall but you and nise ? rofl.
    @SoulKiller I basically dedicated whole DP1 to you and you being possible cop, I even said you might be insane and that would be unprofitable for town to lose Aertes if she's town so I won't follow you. But way you played EOD, it was scum 101 lynch was well deserved. I can say same about Inari's MyLo tbh but at that point I had clear read on everyone's exact role so yeaah, it wasn't good MyLo either way.
    There is a secret...

  9. #569
    Laboon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21,362
    Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    6,648
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Shaki View Post

    Oh and @Laboon you could've argued Nise when he said Aertes copped Inari and Min, no one flipped so how can you let him say that aertes confirmed her sanity?
    TBH last DP was useless lol
    It was me vs Nise an AFK Min and then Inari.
    No matter what I said I don't think the result would have changed. Activity DP 3 was a joke.




  10. #570
    Laboon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21,362
    Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    6,648
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    Oh and another thing I remembered now. Why did none of you glance at the previous game we played with this setup?

    I saw discussion upon discussion about who would vote when and what could it mean about potential Cops and SKs and I was like "yeah...if you go look in the previous game I did this as Iron so..."

    Same with SoulKiller's repeat of Drew's cop strategy.
    SMH probably should have done this.

    Re: Rise kill, as I said in PM I did it because Rise knows me best, he is also an experienced and talented player when he is active and survives later into the game. Sadly that kill was probably one of the worst things I could have done because it instantly confirmed Aertes and removed one of the indies :/ For me if I was concealer I would have protected Aertes as she is the most experienced in this set up and also a strong player, figured someone else might think the same and I'd be wasting my kill.




Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •