View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter!

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

5 15.15%

9 27.27%

19 57.58%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

One Piece Chapter 871 Discussion and 872 Predictions

"Go, Caesar!

One Piece Chapter 871 Discussion and 872 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 871 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 872

Start reading here @ OPB!

Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Overhaul For This Useful Post:

Eco Seis  (Jul 6th '17), FireAngeL  (Jul 6th '17)

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Wow, so they went down without putting up much of a fight. Obviously they're going to escape in the chaos of the cake falling, but they have a looooot of training to do.

Also, I still feel like someone needs to die. Judge would be a good fit.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

I predicted this exactly huh

Box explodes, castle crumbles and the chaos aids in the allies escape, never have I ever made such an accurate prediction

Only surprise this chapter is that Stussy is CP0 agent, one heck of a shigan she used there.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I was wondering how the Strawhats were going to make it out of this hopeless situation, and I suppose Deus ex Tamatebako is as good as any.

Call backs to this cover. I've always thought that the mice was the Strawhats escaping WCI with the poneglyphs, but that hole looks a lot like the last panel in this chapter.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I wonder how Morgans will spin this. It can't be the way that Stussy said now that the box exploded. Someone has to be blamed (I'm guessing that Fishman Island will be blamed).

I also think Judge is legit dead. I wonder who will take over Germa.

Moral of the story. The Strawhats appear underprepared. I know that they're missing some of their powerhouses, like Zoro and Franky, and that they always fight best when they are all together, but I don't see how they can be relevant in this tier without some serious work. I'm guessing improved Haki powerups? I've always thought that Luffy was going to do something unique with Haki, like how Shanks' Haki can warp wood.
    Last edited by Milo; Jul 6th '17 at 02:59 PM.

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin thief

As usual, the SH's plans fail and they're saved by lucky circumstances. That's the greatest flaw One Piece has IMHO. Without their ridiculous luck, the SHs would all have died long ago.

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I was wondering how the Strawhats were going to make it out of this hopeless situation, and I suppose Deus ex Tamatebako is as good as any
    It's a Chekov's gun. Not a Deus Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by wendelatlas View Post
    As usual, the SH's plans fail and they're saved by lucky circumstances. That's the greatest flaw One Piece has IMHO. Without their ridiculous luck, the SHs would all have died long ago.
    If you ignore all the instances where they were besmirched with life-threatening inconveniences, then yes, I suppose they are ridiculously lucky....
    Last edited by KingOfThePirates; Jul 6th '17 at 03:07 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

This chapter was everything.

The mention of Kaidou makes me think he is an animal or spirit that somehow got a DF.. But Chopper is the only one with the Human Human fruit hmmm...

This chapter made my head spin
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin thief

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfThePirates View Post

If you ignore all the instances where they were besmirched with life-threatening inconveniences, then yes, I suppose they are ridiculously lucky....
    Those circumstances are natural for pirates such as themselves. They aren't the only ones to suffer from that. How about the times they were saved by someone of by some ridiculous circumstance that probably won't ever repeat itself? Luffy x Enel, Luffy x Crocodile, Luffy x Akainu, Luffy x Kuma, Luffy x Magellan, Luffy x Aokiji, Luffy x Cracker...

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

@Inuarashi @Nekomamushi @Laboon @Stein @Aertes @Jamal Henderson @desa @Eco Seis @FireAngeL @Basil @Scepter @Matternativ @ShichiDrewKai @The Pirate Prince @Gir @SniperKing

1. Caesar, the first major New World antagonist Luffy fought, is essential for the Alliance escape. Can we expect Doflamingo to do something similar in Wano Arc or in future arcs? Or is Doflamingo loyal to Kaido since Kaido is trying to break him out of prison?

2. Are Perospero, Daifuku and Oven the next best Big Mom commanders after the Sweet Commanders? Apparently it took a Vinsmoke combination attack to destroy the Candy Wall.

3. Who has the strongest, sturdiest and most versatile barriers: Cracker, Perospero or Bartolomeo? And why?

4. Stussy just killed off Du Feld with a flying shigan. Are these brokers generally weak and only the active leaders like Doflamingo and Jack are strong?

5. How large is the CP0 and how many branches does it have? We saw Lucci and likely Kaku part of CP0 probably intended on tracking down the Revolutionaries. And now Stussy is like the Robin of CP0? Will Big News Morgan expose her in the press and indirectly assist Strawhats in destroying CP0?

6. Is Stussy the only government agent at the tea party or can we expect Lucci or Vice Admirals/3rd Admiral to show up and neutralize Big Mom?

7. Luffy wasn't even fighting Big Mom and yet managed to force an Armament defense from her by attacking her with an unnamed G4 attack. Does it mean he could actually force a mid-diff fight with her had the circumstances not gotten in the way?

8. Is Big Mom stronger than Kaido or is Luffy just prioritizing Kaido since Zoro/other half SH/Law's crew/Samurai are currently at Wano and Kaido angrily directed his attention on Luffy/Law?

9. By the time Wano Arc is done and Luffy and crew grew appreciably stronger, could we anticipate the following matchups: Luffy vs Big Mom, Zoro vs Smoothie, Sanji vs Katakuri and Jinbe vs Cracker?

10. Katakuri defeated Ichiji, Big Mom defeated Judge, Niji and Yonji, and Smoothie, Daifuku and a smexy defeated Luffy, Sanji and Reiju? Now that the Tamatebako box exploded and destroyed the castle, will the Alliance fight back, with Sanji angrily destroying Daifuku in a spectacular 1 vs 1 rematch, Pedro destroying Oven, and Luffy/Jinbe/other assists damaging Big Mom/Katakuri/Smoothie before escaping?

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfThePirates View Post
    I disagree. Just because it's introduced earlier doesn't make it Chekov's gun and also doesn't preclude it from being Deus Ex Machina, and they aren't mutually exclusive anyway. To give you an example, the simplest explanation of Deus Ex Machina is a story about two armies at war. One is surrounded by the other, and has no chance of escape. The entire time they've been praying to God to save them. At the end of the story, God smites their enemies. Just because God was mentioned in the story doesn't mean that the resolution came from rising conflicts and built plot lines.

I'm not complaining. I don't mind deus ex machina as a literary device, and it's not even the most egregious example in One Piece (thinking about Rayleigh and Kuma saving them from Borsalino and Ivankov's devil fruit miraculously being able to counter Magellan's). I'm just pointing it out.
    Last edited by Milo; Jul 6th '17 at 03:23 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast