View Poll Results: What Did You Think of This Weeks Chapter?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll

1 25.00%

1 25.00%

1 25.00%

0 0%

1 25.00%
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    archeologist

Fairy Tail Manga Chapter 544 Discussion and 545 Predictions

"You're the King"

Fairy Tail Manga Chapter 544 Discussion and 545 Predictions

Discuss Fairy Tail Manga 544 here and predict the next chapter, Fairy Tail Manga 545

Google It

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Manga
    Davy Back Fight
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

You know, that left me feeling a lot flatter than I was expecting. The whole end game has been kind of nonsensical. I liked Acnologia but I mean he went from being so immortal Zeref feared there would be no stopping him to eating an entire dimension to suddenly being affected by magic. I mean, if the Ravines of Time, something that was said to be a hole in existence, couldn't trap him despite being conceptual, why would a Fairy Sphere powered by everyone, almost all of which are mid-tier to low-tier at best compared to Acnologia, suddenly trap him? After totally destroying the combined efforts of all 7 Dragon Slayers, why would putting them all together suddenly one-shot him? If the base power of all of them was 50 each, then he was still being hit for 350, whether it was separate increments of 350 or one big 350 shot. Inexplicably, it seems that combining all their powers had the effect of increasing the power exponentially above each individual's maximum, which is not only super broken from Wendy, it begs the question why they didn't just do it for every battle all along. Gd knows they could have done with a power boost numerous times across this very arc, and if it works this way, Wendy simply transferring her power to Natsu should have made Natsu strong enough to beat anyone except maybe Zeref.

This is the problem I was fearing with Fairy Tail. We all, I believe, are sick and tired of Friendship Power being used to justify victories. But Fairy Tail made its bed, and it lay in it rather happily. None of Fairy Tail's enemies had some immortality concept applied to them, and the one that did, Zeref, effectively had to be killed by fellow immortal Mavis as even when Natsu beat him, it was only a matter of time before Zeref got right back up and finished him off. Combined with the fact that Zeref was a little like Alucard from Rosario + Vampire (for those not aware, Alucard is presented as this big villain but in the end decides enough is enough and willingly suicides with another immortal vampire like him, Akasha, along with 2 other high-tier monsters with the combined output being enough to override their immortality), and it mostly made sense that Zeref was defeated, at least in the context of Fairy Tail.

But there was no reason for Acnologia to want to disappear. Magic conceptually didn't work on him, and his feats clearly shown that he was able to tank more than what defeated him. I'd have rather Mashima not portrayed Acnologia as some unbeatable immortal, and then just justified it with Friendship Power, as opposed to just ignoring that little tidbit and finishing him off.

But whatever. I'm more disappointed that I really felt nothing at the end. I'm sentimental, and felt like I'd actually miss Fairy Tail when it's gone. Maybe that will stir up next chapter, but the whole post-Acnologia scene felt weird and disjointed and a little bit rushed, to be honest.

Well, we're nearly at the endgame now. In terms of evaluating the endings, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Fairy Tail ends with more closure provided than Bleach did, as it effectively has 2-2.5 chapters worth of content (48 pages) to end it. That's a good sign, so I'm expecting probably a Naruto-level ending. That is to say, decent enough. Unlike Naruto, I don't think it's going to be totally milked post-ending because I really feel like Mashima himself is a bit tired of doing Fairy Tail - I think he loves drawing his characters, probably loves his characters too (especially the female ones...), but the story and the ritual of running a weekly series must have been getting to him. He's always been super productive but this whole last arc has been really fast paced, which was a welcome change but somewhat surprising. We'll probably get some content but as far as full on sequels I doubt it. Which is probably for the best, as the world of Fairy Tail has never been all that interesting or developed.

PREDICTIONS FOR THE FINALE:
    I'm expecting a very ship-heavy chapter. Probably a time skip featuring children of the main characters at some point over the 48 pages. I really really hope to see Lucy as Guild Master, though I think it more likely we see Erza there instead sadly. Maybe we'll see Mystogan but I strongly doubt it, was Gildarts even shown in the last chapter? He should be there anyhow, but like Mystogan a forgotten and underused relic. We all know which ships are going to be canon.

At the end we'll probably get a scene of a nice, sunny day, some cheese about the value of bonds and whatnot, and the final panel showing an image of the Guild building. I'm looking forward to it, but I'll really be glad to finally be done with Fairy Tail. It's been a ride, certainly, though not in a good way to be honest, and all in all I'll remember it more for how disappointing it was and how it failed to live up to its potential rather than what I used to love about it. Till next week.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

So the 4-th mighty villains - Zeref; Acnologia; Eilein and August just dissapeared or desintegrated (Eilein killed herself though). Yet no one of Fairy Tail and their befriended associates (included the formed bad) weren't killed (thus not included the ones who died in the flashbacks - Zeira, mother of Makarov). Hiro should have taken for example the death of Neji from "Naruto"...

And for the final chapter, I somewhat agree with Ratchet. I expect some couples to be bounded with children and some adventures. I wonder what will happen with Anna, the only human from the 400 years remaining in this timeline; and will these cats of Edoras make return in the story...

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Advertisement:

You know, registering is free, allows you to take part in discussions, AND gets rid of this ad!
    I understand why their powers combined did more damage. The strength of 10 punches in one blow should be harder than endure than 10 punches individually. You may be able to endure and tank one at a time, but it'll be harder to do it if they're packed into one.

Kinda like being able to lift 10 kg in 10 reps, but not being able to lift 100kg in 1 rep.

As for the chapter itself... I felt like it was pretty lame and cheesy. Everything worked out in the end. Happy ending with no real loss (except for Mavis I guess). It was rather convenient that all of the continent was brought up to join their forces, but it makes sense from a magical or wizzardry point of view. Still cheesy.

I did like the callback to Acnologia attack on Igneel and similar damage being done to him. Karma is a bitch. Also, I think that since his body was defeated/trapped , his soul lost some power which allowed Natsu to finish him off.

Lastly, like Ratchet said, I expext a heavy shipping chapter next, full of pairings and a time skip as well.
    Spoiler!

Bring justice like no one else can!
    Defend the placement of your favorite characters in the Tier List Thread!