View Poll Results: Rate This Week's Chapter!

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 12.50%

1 12.50%

3 37.50%

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    archeologist

The Final Fairy Tail Manga Chapters 545 Discussion

"IRREPLACEABLE FRIENDS"

The last Fairy Tail Manga Chapter Discussion 545

Google It

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

@Inuarashi @Nekomamushi @Rise-Chan @Ratchet @gerakilykos @Mycal Phelps @Basil @FireAngeL @Matternativ @ShichiDrewKai

well this is it. Fairy Tail is over. Feel free to leave your thoughts below.

Manga
    Davy Back Fight
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

You know, I enjoyed this chapter. It was funny, and brought back the idea of Fairy Tail which I feel it lost long ago. In terms of endings it was rather open, but I like that in this case. It was ship-heavy enough for the shippers without being over done in my opinion, and managed to tie everyone off enough will retaining the sense of adventure which is what it always should have been about. I hope we don't see a sequel about the 100-Year Quest, I think it's a good thing we can just imagine what it entails.

The Mavis/Zeref reincarnation thing has me a bit confused, though. If they came to be after death, then one year later they should still be babies. I'm guessing that they reincarnate regardless of whether or not the originals are alive, though maybe it's just one of those things to file under the "don't think too hard about it" pile.

Yeah, I'm satisfied. Fairy Tail wasn't a good series overall, but it had its moments and for what it was, it was mostly always entertaining, which I suppose is what really counts (even if it wasn't always for the right reasons). Part of me will miss it in time I expect, but honestly I'm glad it's over at this point. It had a good run, now it can be filed away without being milked to death or dragged out. In terms of how it compares to others, in my opinion the ending was easily better than Bleach's, and a little bit better than Naruto's, which I think while more complete was a little overdone and didn't retain the core of the series at the end.

What a ride.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Well, at least decent ending of a highly rating manga series.... This was a serie with a woman as a main heroine unlike Naruto/Bleach/HSDK/Toriko for example.

My critisicm why I voted for 2 stars:
    1. When Natsu, Lucy, Gray and even Wendy become S-class mages for the criteria to make part in a 100-years request adventure (well I didn't expect for that request).... in just 1 year - that was the timeskip... So lame part of this chapter.
    2. And what was that with reincanated indentical of Mavis and Zeref... needless part...

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Bit of a cheesy ending but I liked that it gave closure to all of the characters. Still mad that Makarov didnt die, and Laxus being a playboy was fun. Had a lot of exposure in this chapter tho, as it was expected

Felt like chosing to show Mavis and Zeref reincarnated was a bad choice tho. Why? For what purpose?
    Spoiler!

Bring justice like no one else can!
    Defend the placement of your favorite characters in the Tier List Thread!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Inuarashi View Post

Felt like chosing to show Mavis and Zeref reincarnated was a bad choice tho. Why? For what purpose?
    The purpose - to bring the real "August".

Manga
    Zoo
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    @Inuarashi @Nekomamushi @Rise-Chan @Ratchet @gerakilykos @Mycal Phelps @Basil @FireAngeL @Matternativ @ShichiDrewKai

well this is it. Fairy Tail is over. Feel free to leave your thoughts below.
    Yea, it feels weird to think FT is over. Even though it was a bumpy ride at times, I still enjoyed the journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    You know, I enjoyed this chapter. It was funny, and brought back the idea of Fairy Tail which I feel it lost long ago. In terms of endings it was rather open, but I like that in this case. It was ship-heavy enough for the shippers without being over done in my opinion, and managed to tie everyone off enough will retaining the sense of adventure which is what it always should have been about. I hope we don't see a sequel about the 100-Year Quest, I think it's a good thing we can just imagine what it entails.
    It was light and it had all of the best joke-y parts of FT, agreed. And totally agreed - there's no need for a 100-year quest sequel.

What did you think of the fake-out dream sequence bit? I thought that was fucking hilarious on Mashima's part. He was basically like "I know people are gonna bitch... but at least I didn't do this!"
    The Mavis/Zeref reincarnation thing has me a bit confused, though. If they came to be after death, then one year later they should still be babies. I'm guessing that they reincarnate regardless of whether or not the originals are alive, though maybe it's just one of those things to file under the "don't think too hard about it" pile.
    Yea, not looking too hard there. It felt like BS, but that was my only major complaint about this ultimate chapter.
    Yeah, I'm satisfied. Fairy Tail wasn't a good series overall, but it had its moments and for what it was, it was mostly always entertaining, which I suppose is what really counts (even if it wasn't always for the right reasons). Part of me will miss it in time I expect, but honestly I'm glad it's over at this point. It had a good run, now it can be filed away without being milked to death or dragged out. In terms of how it compares to others, in my opinion the ending was easily better than Bleach's, and a little bit better than Naruto's, which I think while more complete was a little overdone and didn't retain the core of the series at the end.

What a ride.
    Totally better than Bleach or Naruto, although I think part of that is because I had bigger expectations of those series and was let down at the end. FT was always on the back burner for me, so I didn't expect too much. And the decrease in quality over the last arcs kinda prepped me to have lower expectations.

Still, that all being said, I thought the finale was nice. Cute without going too far, heart-warming with Natsu's (lack of) sentimentality, and it didn't just focus on the main characters. It brought a lot of old faces back into the mix and did so in a subtle and rewarding way.

One thing tho - is Ichiya banging Mirajane?!?!?!? He really is the MAN!

Spoiler!

Manga
    Davy Back Fight
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

@ShichiDrewKai I loved the "it was all a dream" fake out. I don't really feel like Mashima earned the arrogance to pull that off like he did but I really enjoyed how self-aware he was so it didn't really matter to me. I've always respected Mashima for his willingness to pull stuff like that, and especially now I feel like he stayed true to what he wanted.Kudos for sure there, and it did indeed add to what, individually, I feel was a really cool chapter to end on. Not epic or standout, but just fun.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Nikolov View Post
    The purpose - to bring the real "August".
    Makes some sense ... except we dont need August anyomre so
    Spoiler!

Bring justice like no one else can!
    Defend the placement of your favorite characters in the Tier List Thread!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman entertainer

Advertisement:

You know, registering is free, allows you to take part in discussions, AND gets rid of this ad!
    Just finished it moments ago. The good thing about the ending is that Fairy Tail stayed to its "nakama" theme all throughout. Honestly, sometimes it was kinda overplayed but still, I loved how Mashima handled each character.

The bad thing is, I didn't get to see the love child of Gajeel and Levi. ._.
    "There's a hidden darkness in everyone."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast