Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Thoughts Of A Manga Purchaser

Hey, what's shaking, Cocky here. I'm like many other manga fans who buy volumes. I've never bought a weekly

magazine before and never will. I wanted to know other's thoughts on the possible demise of early scans. I've brought

this up because I read the early scans when they drop online. Is it wrong if people read early scans, but still purchase

volumes? I've seen this yonkouproductions account tweet with an obvious agenda for a while. I don't know this

person's connection to the manga/anime industry, but they've made it clear that they are kind of against illegal scans.

It's weird because they post Fairy Tail. I remember some weeks back, they also exhibited an aversion to

mangastream. Now recently, they're proposing a hypothetical situation where reviewers wait for official scans to

"increase the quality of review." While I agree that an official scan would help reviewers, this rhetoric sounds too much

like someone trying to get rid of the free scans or at least slow them down to increase manga sales to me. I

personally only watch live reactions for entertainment purposes. I don't care for reviews. Live reactions from

KOL are always entertaining. I feel that reviews are for people who can't form their own opinions and have to look to

others. If I miss something in a chapter, i'll discuss it with other fans, which is why I love forums. Reviewers don't

really give me anything other than their opinion which I don't care for. There are those who need movie, music, and

manga/anime reviewer's takes to validate or decide how they should feel about a form of art. I just don't find it

necessary. We live in an era where you discuss manga or movies and some people can hardly form their own opinions.

They use "forneveworld/Tekking/Sawyer said", metacritic, rotten tomatoes, etc.

So basically, what are your thoughts on free scans and a possible embargo?

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

20-something dollars for a years worth of weekly manga is a good deal. I however am just impatient which is y I cut my subscription. Whatever mistakes are made dont take away from the material usually, and whatever slip up in the manga will usually come to light in the forums eventually
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

I need my free scans as quickly as a crack addict need his rock.
    We are all addicted.

Also I like reviews because I gives different than mine. And at times shows things that I might have missed while reading, and some theories, not that I can't form my own opinion.

Just like reading comments in the forum.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Yeah, I need my weekly fix as well. Getting the last chapter on Friday morning, instead of Thursday morning was surprisingly ok. Not knowing when it'd come was awful tho. I also enjoy theories whether written or done in video.

The translations are usually not that bad.

I feel that the fall of the early scans can lead to so many other things that are unhealthy. Imagine if we have to wait every Monday. That can lead to the taking down manga/anime theorist, forums, even mentioning or posting pics on social media. People that are for the eradication of fan subs have to be careful what they wish for. If the industry can take away something like that, they'll keep going. So many theorist that I like, get strikes for weird reasons.