Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Rescue For What Again?

The Strawhats have entered Totland with the mission to save Sanji and get the Poneglyph script. They have entered with half of the crew. Some would even think that this is the weaker half compared to the other group that Luffy could've brought. They've defeated a Commander in a comedic way, saved the Vinsmokes when they could have left and so much more. My question is why do people think that they need saving from Shanks or someone big? I keep seeing people propose that Shanks, Zoro and co. or someone from the fleet will rescue them. I'm not ruling it out or saying it's impossible, but why? They've managed to do the impossible as usual, what is the utility of an outside entity coming in to sort of belittle what they've manage to accomplish? Is it that some people just want to see Shanks or some great figure save the Strawhats every 5 seconds?

Dragon saved Luffy from Smoker because Luffy was obviously unprepared for Smoker.
    Shanks came into play and it was justified. It was improv, but still made sense based on the theme of mercy.

I honestly don't see the necessity. Someone saving the Strawhats at this point would diminish what they've done. If you disagree, i'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

I don't really agree nor disagree. Basically I have faith in Luffy, but at the same time I can see why others may think the Strawhats need assistance at a time like this.

In lots of arcs the Strawhats always have backing and support.

- Ennies Lobby: They had Franky family, Galley-La company etc to help against CP9.

- Thriller Bark: Lola's crew other lost shadow victims helped them.

- Saboady: Rayleigh, Kuma.

- Impel Down: Crocodile(and Mr. 1), Buggy, Mr. 3 and their followers, Ivankov and level 5 prisoners with Inazuma, Blackbeard's indirect involvement. Jinbe as well.

- Marineford: A yonko and his fleet helped Luffy along with all of the previous mentioned, along with insubordinate Warlords like Boa Hancock, and reluctant marines like Garp and partially Aokiji.

- Fishman Island: Jinbe

- Punk Hazard: Law, Smoker and Tashigi plus G-5.

- Dressrosa: entire coliseum, plus defective Donquixote Pirates like Viola, then there's her family the Riku clan, dwarves, reluctant marines like Fujitora, Sabo and a unit of the Revolutionary army like hack and koala.

Now we are in Yonko territory, Luffy survived death after fighting a commander for 11 hours, one commander. Now another who is presumed stronger is on their ship, with a yonko herself evaporating an entire forest. Not many Supernova can say they don't need help with a yonko commander and Yonko surrounding them. In fact had the castle not collapsed by the visitors indirect involvement everyone would be facing execution right now. They were lucky to make it this far. So fans ask

If A Yonko is chasing Luffy and a yonko commander is on their ship and he's inside her territory, what to do? Who's going to help? Is Luffy going to fight a yonko and her right hand? No, that's like fighting Whitebeard and Marco alone. Akainu couldn't do that.

So everyone's predicting help, or Big Mom being blind by rage where she doesn't attack only the Strawhats. Big Father couldn't rank her shots nor Germa exoskeletons and he's gased out of gear 4.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Henderson View Post
    If A Yonko is chasing Luffy and a yonko commander is on their ship and he's inside her territory, what to do? Who's going to help? Is Luffy going to fight a yonko and her right hand? No, that's like fighting Whitebeard and Marco alone. Akainu couldn't do that.
    Aokiji managed to fight off Whitebeard and Jozu alone. He got impaled by Whitebeard's Hakified bisento and punched by Jozu's Hakified punch. Although Whitebeard soon left to free Ace, and Aokiji quickly eliminated Jozu by freezing him solid and smashing his arm off.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCider View Post
    Aokiji managed to fight off Whitebeard and Jozu alone. He got impaled by Whitebeard's Hakified bisento and punched by Jozu's Hakified punch. Although Whitebeard soon left to free Ace, and Aokiji quickly eliminated Jozu by freezing him solid and smashing his arm off.
    Different scenarios, Whitebeard himself was on defense from Aokiji's onslaught. Jozu was playing defense for Whitebeard and was merely holding off an admiral. Aokiji was in Whitebeard's rear view mirror. Whitebeard wasn't trying to kill Aokiji any longer.

In this scenario, Big Mom wants Luffy(who's not an admiral-level) dead. Katakuri also wants Luffy dead and has over a thousand reinforcements plus himself. Fighting a bloodlusting Yonko is a bad idea especially while fighting their right hand man.

https://www.opbforums.com/manga/One-...ter-575/page-4
    https://www.opbforums.com/manga/One-...ter-575/page-5

In chapter 575 a panel apart Akainu tries this. Fights Marco, and gets wrecked by Whitebeard, he's recognized as not only an admiral but the strongest, and he was "killed" in one page. It's mentioned that Oda originally wanted to have Akainu killed off, fan community assumes that he falling in the canyon Whitebeard created was when this was set to take place, however chapters later after Whitebeard is dead, Akainu reemerges. So basically Luffy is in trouble whether it be Big Mom alone or Katakuri with his 10,000 soldiers.

We have the Strawhats only escape being the Sunny under siege by Katakuri. Big Mom chasing from one end, two other members separated from the crew and we still don't even know where Smoothie is, regardless of how disappointing she may have been, she's a sweet commander for a reason, and Oda might just be saving her for a special moment like a betrayal or staying loyal and becoming a triple threat to Luffy.

Unless Katakuri is taken care of, there's no escape. And Luffy can't afford to fight someone else for 11 hours because Big Mom is right there, that's why fans are predicting some help. Luffy had a whole army against Doflamingo, but half a crew against a Yonko.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Luffy defeated Doffy and Cracker. He's obviously "admiral level".

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Luffy defeated Doffy and Cracker. He's obviously "admiral level".
    That's disputed amongst fan, to establish a question on a matter those involved have to see key parts the same. That assertion that Luffy is now admiral level has yet to be confirmed. I believe Marco is admiral level like Rayleigh, but 95% of members on this forum alone may disagree.

Doflamingo said to get rid of Fujitora he may need his executives, Luffy also had help against Cracker somewhat although no one physically harmed Cracker they weakened his defenses he would've had. So this is all disputed including that he had a hard time against Fujitora after his initial punch.

I'm not explaining my objections or opposition I am answering y'all question as to why fans think Luffy can't handle his current weight. He's confronting a Yonko, last time this happened he was allies with the yonko. Both Shanks and Whitebeard protected Luffy, now this yonko wants his head, she has a right hand who also wants his head, an army of 10,000, not to mention he's on their turf, and has no means of escape, even if he was Yonko level, without an army to challenge Big Mom's army he's not only outmatched but outnumbered.

Ask yourselves this

Do y'all think A team of

Akainu, Sanji, Jinbe, Nami, Pedro, and Carrot Could beat a team of...

Big Mom, Katakuri, Smoothie, Daifuku, Perospero, Oven, Mont D'Or, Galete, Amande, 10,000 soldiers, Tamago etc.?

Akainu would be busy against Big Mom
    Sanji and Jinbe would need to double team Katakuri
    Pedro, Nami, Carrot would triple team Smoothie and so much more threats.

So regardless of Luffy's level not only is he one on one outmatched against Big Mom
    He and his crew are outnumbered.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Sanji is stronger than Katakuri. I don't care how many people disagree with me. If i'm proven wrong in the future via manga, that will be dope, but until then
    Sanji>>>Katakuri
    Luffy beat Cracker and Doffy. He beat Doffy after competing in Corrida Colosseum, fighting Bellamy, etc. People like to ignore that, but highlight Law vs Doffy. Cracker's tolerance for pain makes him even weaker than Doffy. Cracker being able to severely hurt Luffy with his sword and use of his DF ability are why I respect him. His tolerance of pain makes me question if Nami or Chopper are better suited for defeating him.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman entertainer

I have to agree that one way or another, Strawhats get help either directly or indirectly, as it is also one way of getting allies. However, given the present situation, can we list down possible allies or people that could help with BM?

The Grand Fleet seems highly unlikely (they've just been introduced). @JamalHenderson already listed down the people that helped the SHs through hard times.
    I think the Germa could still be useful in some way (if that's not the extent of their abilities), and King Baum already helped with them, but I don't think that's enough, Big Mom pretty much controls the whole island. But Shanks? Nah.

And I don't think the Strawhats getting help doesn't show that they're weak or helpless, it just shows the imminent threat and danger that they face with the foes they encounter.
    "There's a hidden darkness in everyone."

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by ResoluteMenace View Post
    I have to agree that one way or another, Strawhats get help either directly or indirectly, as it is also one way of getting allies. However, given the present situation, can we list down possible allies or people that could help with BM?

The Grand Fleet seems highly unlikely (they've just been introduced). @JamalHenderson already listed down the people that helped the SHs through hard times.
    I think the Germa could still be useful in some way (if that's not the extent of their abilities), and King Baum already helped with them, but I don't think that's enough, Big Mom pretty much controls the whole island. But Shanks? Nah.

And I don't think the Strawhats getting help doesn't show that they're weak or helpless, it just shows the imminent threat and danger that they face with the foes they encounter.
    I should have been more clear. I meant outside help. Capone and Germa are already there. Linlin's own family and crew have already helped as well. I just don't see the need for it. they've handled this the best that they can. You got me wanting to make another thread on something else that i've been thinking about. If anything, Pekoms, Puddin, Germa 66, Capone are enough imo. Maybe I disagree with most of the opinions in the fandom on this because I see Linlin being an ally in the end.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I should have been more clear. I meant outside help. Capone and Germa are already there. Linlin's own family and crew have already helped as well. I just don't see the need for it. they've handled this the best that they can. You got me wanting to make another thread on something else that i've been thinking about. If anything, Pekoms, Puddin, Germa 66, Capone are enough imo. Maybe I disagree with most of the opinions in the fandom on this because I see Linlin being an ally in the end.
    Oh? Outside interference. I'll have to agree with you on that. I don't think that they're gonna get more help. The people there are enough, heck a cake would really help the Strawhats. Jinbei hasn't done anything yet, aside from that moment with Katakuri, Sanji hasn't shown his new feats yet (WTF, Goda it's his arc, give him his moment), Germa 66 surely isn't THAT weak, and Pekoms might just be a good ally.

Can we count Zeus as an ally now?

As for Linlin being an ally, I have mixed thoughts about that. Having a Yonkou would be awesome, but I doubt she'd tie herself with the man who declared that's gonna kick her ass over the phone. It would be nice if she gave some more intel about Kaido though.
    "There's a hidden darkness in everyone."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast