Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

The Key to Defeating Katakuri

This will be a very short thread, because it's just an idea that popped into my head.

We've been shown that Katakuri's DF is very tough to handle. It's a Paramecia that works similarly to a Logia. But even CoA doesn't work against it, as shown in the most recent chapter:

Spoiler!

As we know, Luffy always calls his Hakified G2 attack "Hawk Rifle" or "Hawk Pistol" or, in this case, "Hawk Gatling."

People are suggesting that Katakuri's so far unmatched CoO is the reason why the punches have no effect, and that might actualy be the case, so I'm not disagreeing with that. But the way around it - to defeat him - I think I've figured it out.

King's Haki!

Now, I've only put the pieces together on this, since people have been discussing it in the chapter thread. @Inuarashi brought this up, I think, and I also believe Luffy will go into a rage or something similar next chapter, and through that, he will awaken something new with his CoC powers.

Because let's face it, Luffy cannot fight using G4 right now, and G2/G3 won't cut it. His ability to fight against their current enemy requires something new. Luffy has said he will never lose another person that's dear to him, and now Pedro died right in front of his eyes. That should trigger something.

Now, how CoC will work against Katakuri, I don't know. In the latest chapter, he predicted that Luffy would use it against the weaker soldiers, and he wasn't worried by it, but that could just mean he wasn't worried about it because Luffy's CoC isn't strong enough yet. I imagine some kind of shockwave blast, as Inuarashi mentioned, will spread out Katakuri's body. That could work.

Do any of you have any ideas? Discuss!
    Last edited by Nekomamushi; Sep 4th '17 at 03:25 AM.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nekomamushi For This Useful Post:

Eco Seis  (Sep 4th '17), Overhaul  (Sep 4th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Was actually thinking of this to answer to you in the chapter discussion thread
    There are some theories that CoC may be able to destabilize DFs. Others that it may affect the character so much that they lose a bit of their control or strength over it.

I think that may be the case with Luffy if he is going to unlock a new power with CoC and use it to fight Katakuri.

Either that or he must be as unpredictable as ever and find a way to overcome Katakuri's CoO. Or Jinbe will be the Nami to Luffy. That is, if they dont get away with Coup de Burst like Nami wants
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Inuarashi View Post
    Was actually thinking of this to answer to you in the chapter discussion thread
    There are some theories that CoC may be able to destabilize DFs. Others that it may affect the character so much that they lose a bit of their control or strength over it.

I think that may be the case with Luffy if he is going to unlock a new power with CoC and use it to fight Katakuri.

Either that or he must be as unpredictable as ever and find a way to overcome Katakuri's CoO. Or Jinbe will be the Nami to Luffy. That is, if they dont get away with Coup de Burst like Nami wants
    Great mind, Pooch Great minds.
    Yeah, Gir basically uses CoC that way in OPD, that it shuts down DF powers for a moment. CoC is supposed to be a dangerous power, after all. Even the Admirals and Sengoku were freaking out when they realized Luffy has it, so there should be some enormous potential.

It seems like the best possible option right now, because he's so gassed he can't use G4 now, which he would need to compete against Katakuri. But if Haki doesn't matter when he hits him, G4 won't mean anything, either.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

CoC working on Katakuri

https://www.opbforums.com/manga/One-...er-865/page-10 This page makes me believe that, before realizing Katakuri was a paramecia, I was questioning if CoC negated logia like seastone and CoA, but now knowing that he's paramecia but a very complex one like Luffy and Buggy, there's no wonder Big Mom's scream hurt his ears enough for him to hold them while flinching, and that her CoC blew him and Luffy away.

So there's a lot Oda is revealing about Haki still and introducing, CoO can be enhanced, we have a complete blind guy(Fujitora) seeing the shapes of an entire crowd and recognizing individuals one by one, Katakuri seeing ahead in to the future rather than just predicting one person's attack. Then CoA revelations like Luffy's weird moment against Doflamingo with Athlete kick not working on Luffy's CoA covered parts because they kept rubber qualities somehow, and Big Mom having flame designs like Luffy with her Haki.

So if Oda introduces more on CoC with Luffy and Big Mom both having it I wouldn't be surprised, and that big tease Katakuri gave without Luffy even using it. Luffy clashed with three CoC users so far in the new world and its not getting attention anymore, so I think Oda was foreshadowing something not sure if it'd be related to their fight though.

I do know that Katakuri is a heavy CoO user and could possibly be maneuvering his body in a way to dodge Haki punches like a logia. We do know that he seemed to have blocked red hawk, so it may have done damage to him, because his soldiers were evacuated, and the Sunny is Luffy's ship, he wasn't protecting anyone else, so he had to be defending against the attack, being that Luffy attacked him in a similar fashion like his fight with Enel. A huge wall blocking his sight could have possibly ruined his CoO use, so he decided to punch Luffy's red hawk.

Also if we look back on every panel, every fight Katakuri has been shown in, his body never completely separates like logias. We only see holes and gaps, but we've seen Logias and Buggy cut directly in half or in Sabo's case from Burgess arm lariat his entire upper half vanished. However Katakuri only has holes and gaps,

https://www.opbforums.com/manga/One-...er-871/page-13 The only objection to my argument is this disputed fight between he and Ichiji. When Ichiji uses his firecracker attack Katakuri's abdomen appears to be "blown" to pieces, however even if a marshmallow explodes under a scope we'd see small strings attacked, so I do believe it only takes trickery to fight Katakuri like it does all her children. They all have good defense. Also note that is appears Katakuri flinches in slight pain during this clash. His eyes close and he seems to cringe a little, so I wonder if the attack does a little damage?...

On a thread predicting his defeat, Luffy has Jinbe who can literally throw water on him constantly, and Nami who can make it rain, I was just thinking of how'd it be if Luffy didn't have assistance, and it's also not his plan to defeat him, Nami asked Luffy to just push him into the mirror world.
    Last edited by Jamal Henderson; Sep 4th '17 at 04:49 AM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I really like this idea actually but despite the fact that Pedro did likely just meet his demise right there in front of Luffy's eyes, I think that they are in a situation where Luffy absolutely cannot lose track of his emotions and let loose right now. With Jinbei who has calmed Luffy down on numerous occasions being right next to him to remind Luffy not to lose his head, I think that expanding on CoC is meant for another time. They have to go. Now. Linlin is right there.. I mean like literally RIGHT THERE. I think they are going to find a silly way to knock Katakuri off and then Coup de Burst the f**k out of there.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Henderson View Post
    CoC working on Katakuri

https://www.opbforums.com/manga/One-...er-865/page-10 This page makes me believe that, before realizing Katakuri was a paramecia, I was questioning if CoC negated logia like seastone and CoA, but now knowing that he's paramecia but a very complex one like Luffy and Buggy, there's no wonder Big Mom's scream hurt his ears enough for him to hold them while flinching, and that her CoC blew him and Luffy away.

So there's a lot Oda is revealing about Haki still and introducing, CoO can be enhanced, we have a complete blind guy(Fujitora) seeing the shapes of an entire crowd and recognizing individuals one by one, Katakuri seeing ahead in to the future rather than just predicting one person's attack. Then CoA revelations like Luffy's weird moment against Doflamingo with Athlete kick not working on Luffy's CoA covered parts because they kept rubber qualities somehow, and Big Mom having flame designs like Luffy with her Haki.

So if Oda introduces more on CoC with Luffy and Big Mom both having it I wouldn't be surprised, and that big tease Katakuri gave without Luffy even using it. Luffy clashed with three CoC users so far in the new world and its not getting attention anymore, so I think Oda was foreshadowing something not sure if it'd be related to their fight though.

I do know that Katakuri is a heavy CoO user and could possibly be maneuvering his body in a way to dodge Haki punches like a logia. We do know that he seemed to have blocked red hawk, so it may have done damage to him, because his soldiers were evacuated, and the Sunny is Luffy's ship, he wasn't protecting anyone else, so he had to be defending against the attack, being that Luffy attacked him in a similar fashion like his fight with Enel. A huge wall blocking his sight could have possibly ruined his CoO use, so he decided to punch Luffy's red hawk.

Also if we look back on every panel, every fight Katakuri has been shown in, his body never completely separates like logias. We only see holes and gaps, but we've seen Logias and Buggy cut directly in half or in Sabo's case from Burgess arm lariat his entire upper half vanished. However Katakuri only has holes and gaps,

https://www.opbforums.com/manga/One-...er-871/page-13 The only objection to my argument is this disputed fight between he and Ichiji. When Ichiji uses his firecracker attack Katakuri's abdomen appears to be "blown" to pieces, however even if a marshmallow explodes under a scope we'd see small strings attacked, so I do believe it only takes trickery to fight Katakuri like it does all her children. They all have good defense. Also note that is appears Katakuri flinches in slight pain during this clash. His eyes close and he seems to cringe a little, so I wonder if the attack does a little damage?...

On a thread predicting his defeat, Luffy has Jinbe who can literally throw water on him constantly, and Nami who can make it rain, I was just thinking of how'd it be if Luffy didn't have assistance, and it's also not his plan to defeat him, Nami asked Luffy to just push him into the mirror world.
    Hmmm, I don't think he's flinching there. It looks like he's just looking down at Ichiji.

As for the BM CoC thing, that's a mixture between her CoC and her scream, which is ridiculously powerful in its own right. I don't think it matters if you're a Logia or not for that to hurt. Actually, nvm, just noticed you said the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by JDtheAlchemist View Post
    I really like this idea actually but despite the fact that Pedro did likely just meet his demise right there in front of Luffy's eyes, I think that they are in a situation where Luffy absolutely cannot lose track of his emotions and let loose right now. With Jinbei who has calmed Luffy down on numerous occasions being right next to him to remind Luffy not to lose his head, I think that expanding on CoC is meant for another time. They have to go. Now. Linlin is right there.. I mean like literally RIGHT THERE. I think they are going to find a silly way to knock Katakuri off and then Coup de Burst the f**k out of there.
    I still don't see it that way. Yes, they have to escape, but it just won't be that easy. Pero even turned the sea into candy, it seems. Or at least coated the ship in it. And there are ships out at sea, too. In order for them to escape, at least one side needs to be covered.

With that in mind, I think Luffy needs to have his Roger moment, where he will stand up against an insurmountable force and battle it to let his crew escape:

Spoiler!

@JDtheAlchemist, to note another similarity between Roger and Luffy, here Garp says Roger detested the thought of losing any loved ones, which is the situation Luffy is currently in, and something he has sworn will never happen again:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Nekomamushi; Sep 4th '17 at 05:21 AM.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by JDtheAlchemist View Post
    i don't think Luffy is going to abandon Pedro even if he is dead (which he likely isn't). He'll go far to damage Katakuri and face Big Mom head on without giving a damn.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

@Nekomamushi
    Shouldn't Perospero candy break if Pedro takes him out? I think that was the solution Pedro was thinking about anyway.

What if Luffy stands up to then with his CoC tho? And gives them enough time to escape with it, by stunning Katakuri, Big Mom and possibly breaking the mirror in Nami's room. And even if Perospero candy didn't break from Pedro suicidal attack, what if that's what Luffy CoC is for? Breaking the candy with it would be dope.

I dont think this is the time for Luffy to face both BM and Katakuri, since BM Iis nearby... Unless Katakuri stays on the ship whie Nami bursts outta there. Would be interesting to see Katakuri take on all of them.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

@Nekomamushi Maybe he will awaken his DF ability?

Wonder if we will get to see Katakuris awakening.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

The way I understood that panel, knowing the fruit is a paramecia, is that it isn't his real body, and he's doing something similar to Trebol, or like Pica moving inside the stone mass, maybe the real katakuri is a tiny fella inside that mochi.

But I do really like the idea presented here, thanks to Neko and Inu about the CoC disrupting other people control of their abilities and fruits etc.