Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Talking The Meaning of "King"

I have been working on a channel recently that delves into One Piece analysis! My plan is to break down One Piece into smaller concepts and examine each part bit by bit.

In this video I examine how Luffy compares to other fictional "kings", and how the concept of "king" in One Piece is unique in itself!

I welcome feedback and constructive criticism, as I am trying to improve the channel and make it grow! Currently it's only a few weeks old, so baby steps =)

And of course, if you enjoy it, then feel free to like/share/sub for future content!
    Last edited by MorjMan; Sep 19th '17 at 11:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MorjMan For This Useful Post:

Overhaul  (Sep 20th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Nice video. I pretty much agree with the points you make in it
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

You've got a new sub

I don't really have any critique The sound can be better, but that doesn't just require skill, but better equipment, too. There were some longer pauses where I thought the video would end, but you kept on going, so maybe bridge the gap there somehow. Perhaps try to use the screen as much as possible? What I mean is with the panels or whatever image you'll be using, try to have it cover most of the screen.

That last one might be unnecessary advice I liked the video, though.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    You've got a new sub

I don't really have any critique The sound can be better, but that doesn't just require skill, but better equipment, too. There were some longer pauses where I thought the video would end, but you kept on going, so maybe bridge the gap there somehow. Perhaps try to use the screen as much as possible? What I mean is with the panels or whatever image you'll be using, try to have it cover most of the screen.

That last one might be unnecessary advice I liked the video, though.
    Thanks! And I completely agree with all your feedback. Working on improving with every video, so getting better at editing the images, pacing out the pauses, and getting better sound recording will all be happening soon!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by MorjMan View Post
    Thanks! And I completely agree with all your feedback. Working on improving with every video, so getting better at editing the images, pacing out the pauses, and getting better sound recording will all be happening soon!
    Then I'll be looking forward to seeing your rise to the top

I'll be checking out your other videos later, too.

Btw, why did you decide to go the route of analyzing OP instead of more traditional stuff like theories and reviews?

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Then I'll be looking forward to seeing your rise to the top

I'll be checking out your other videos later, too.

Btw, why did you decide to go the route of analyzing OP instead of more traditional stuff like theories and reviews?
    Haha thanks, and the channel is only a few weeks old so please forgive the first videos if they aren't super-polished. Getting better every week!

And the simple reason is because I LOVE this series. I'm one of those people that binge reads/watches anything that I find interesting, so I've gone through a lot of fiction. Fantasy series, comics, movies, tv, etc. And throughout my entire life this was the series that always stuck out to me the most. When I was younger I just enjoyed the series and always felt it was my favorite. As I got older and kept rereading it I started to realize that this series has a lot of substance to it, and is really unique in a lot of writing aspects.

I sincerely believe that this series is special as a work of fiction, and there is a lot to it that can be analyzed and appraised. I just feel like there's not enough dedicated One Piece critique/analysis content out there that explains why this series is so great and so popular, and I kind of want to demonstrate that it's an outstanding work of fiction.

So my channel will mainly focus on analysis! And I think I actually will be delving a little into theories/reviews just to help the channel grow, but the primary purpose will always be weekly analysis videos.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Haha thanks, and the channel is only a few weeks old so please forgive the first videos if they aren't super-polished. Getting better every week!

And the simple reason is because I LOVE this series. I'm one of those people that binge reads/watches anything that I find interesting, so I've gone through a lot of fiction. Fantasy series, comics, movies, tv, etc. And throughout my entire life this was the series that always stuck out to me the most. When I was younger I just enjoyed the series and always felt it was my favorite. As I got older and kept rereading it I started to realize that this series has a lot of substance to it, and is really unique in a lot of writing aspects.

I sincerely believe that this series is special as a work of fiction, and there is a lot to it that can be analyzed and appraised. I just feel like there's not enough dedicated One Piece critique/analysis content out there that explains why this series is so great and so popular, and I kind of want to demonstrate that it's an outstanding work of fiction.

So my channel will mainly focus on analysis! And I think I actually will be delving a little into theories/reviews just to help the channel grow, but the primary purpose will always be weekly analysis videos.
    Haha, no need to rush it

Ah, you and I are similar creatures, then Whenever I start watching/reading something I get into, I have a hard time stopping.

Agreed. I watch a ton of movies, and some of the coolest stuff I know is watching vids of people analyzing different aspects of films, directors, cinematographers, etc. What also makes it interesting is if two people have vastly different thoughts about a film or whatever the case may be, but both are equally valid.

Just felt like posting a great analysis:

Another channel you should check is Every Frame a Painting. It's directed towards analyzing directors and such, but maybe you can find something to learn there, whether it be editing or how to look deeper for things.

I think trying to go for what you're going for is pretty cool. Maybe you'll be successful, maybe you won't, but quality always finds its audience. Maybe because of your fondness for analysis, that's why all of the posts I've seen from you seem so reasonable

Aye, some theory videos will probably help, even just in terms of searching on on YT. You can always ask other Youtubers to give you a shoutout, too.

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Haha, no need to rush it

Ah, you and I are similar creatures, then Whenever I start watching/reading something I get into, I have a hard time stopping.

Agreed. I watch a ton of movies, and some of the coolest stuff I know is watching vids of people analyzing different aspects of films, directors, cinematographers, etc. What also makes it interesting is if two people have vastly different thoughts about a film or whatever the case may be, but both are equally valid.

Just felt like posting a great analysis:

Another channel you should check is Every Frame a Painting. It's directed towards analyzing directors and such, but maybe you can find something to learn there, whether it be editing or how to look deeper for things.

I think trying to go for what you're going for is pretty cool. Maybe you'll be successful, maybe you won't, but quality always finds its audience. Maybe because of your fondness for analysis, that's why all of the posts I've seen from you seem so reasonable

Aye, some theory videos will probably help, even just in terms of searching on on YT. You can always ask other Youtubers to give you a shoutout, too.
    Thanks for the vid, I will def check it out later tonight! I'm a big Miyazaki fan =)

And I actually already have seen a lot of Every Frame a Painting videos! It's the best film analysis channel I know of. It's too bad he stopped uploading videos recently.

I have high hopes for this channel, and I am dedicated to seeing this through. But I also realize it's going to be quite the grind, and nothing happens overnight. I'm in it for the long haul, and I'm going to keep learning to improve the quality.

Thanks for the tips too, I actually have been considering doing a few theory/discussion videos as well just to generate some extra interest. And I might start messaging some other One Piece youtubers for tips/support and maybe shoutouts as well.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Thanks for the vid, I will def check it out later tonight! I'm a big Miyazaki fan =)

And I actually already have seen a lot of Every Frame a Painting videos! It's the best film analysis channel I know of. It's too bad he stopped uploading videos recently.

I have high hopes for this channel, and I am dedicated to seeing this through. But I also realize it's going to be quite the grind, and nothing happens overnight. I'm in it for the long haul, and I'm going to keep learning to improve the quality.

Thanks for the tips too, I actually have been considering doing a few theory/discussion videos as well just to generate some extra interest. And I might start messaging some other One Piece youtubers for tips/support and maybe shoutouts as well.
    Miyazaki, the man who makes dreams come true! I love his movies, too. I haven't actually seen all of them, but the ones I've seen I love.

Yeah, he's really amazing at it. His channel made me really interested film analyzing. Agreed, I wish he would upload more. Other channels you should check out, if you're interested, are kaptainkristian and Wisecrack. Definitely check out kaptainkristian. The quality of his videos is amazing.

Aye, things like this never seems to be easy. I will definitely keep watching, though

There are several One Piece theories here if you want to use them for any of your videos

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Miyazaki, the man who makes dreams come true! I love his movies, too. I haven't actually seen all of them, but the ones I've seen I love.

Yeah, he's really amazing at it. His channel made me really interested film analyzing. Agreed, I wish he would upload more. Other channels you should check out, if you're interested, are kaptainkristian and Wisecrack. Definitely check out kaptainkristian. The quality of his videos is amazing.

Aye, things like this never seems to be easy. I will definitely keep watching, though

There are several One Piece theories here if you want to use them for any of your videos
    Thanks, I haven't heard of either of those channels so I will def take a look at them as well. And for sure I will be keeping up with this forum to see what people are thinking and what unique ideas/theories are bouncing around =)