Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Sanji vs Perospero

Sanji VS Perospero

Character's Power: Everything we have seen so far.
    Battlefield/Terrain: Marineford
    Restrictions: None
    My Argument:Sanji is a nice counter to Perospero since his fire attacks can break through Perospero's candy attacks. But are they strong enough? I think Perospero's Candy Wall and related attacks can actually resist through Sanji's Diable Jambe, which gives an enough of an opening for him to trap Sanji in candy and defeat him. Not to mention, Perospero's Candy Armor took on a massive explosion head on, and Perospero still survived, remained conscious and continued to release even more candy attacks. I think Perospero's endurance and candy defense are enough to help him win mid-high diff.
    Last edited by AppleCider; Sep 22nd '17 at 05:06 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

It depends on how sensitive his candy is to fire. Luffy's Red Hawk went straight through it, but that might be because Pero wasn't expecting a fire attack. And he did tank an entire explosion to the face.

From what we've seen of Sanji so far, I'd say he loses. But I think we all know he's gonna show us something new. Hopefully, at least. But that doesn't matter for this battle.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Hard one for my boy Sanji. He definitely has attacks on the same level as Red Hawk and even G3, but the problem here, imo, is not breaking through Perospero's walls or attacks. He can also easily dodge Candy Maiden and similar attacks.

The problem is if he gets trapped. We saw what happened when he got trapped by Doflamingo, he had no way out, like a fly in a web. Can his Hell Memories, if applied to his whole body, melt through the encasement? We know he could break it from the outside, but it may be a different matter from the inside. If so, then he can probably win as that's the most fatal attack we've seen from Perospero. Else, Sanji dies of dieabetes.

It all depends if Sanji can break free from Perospero candy or not and we currently do not have an answer to that.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Inuarashi View Post

Hard one for my boy Sanji. He definitely has attacks on the same level as Red Hawk and even G3, but the problem here, imo, is not breaking through Perospero's walls or attacks. He can also easily dodge Candy Maiden and similar attacks.

The problem is if he gets trapped. We saw what happened when he got trapped by Doflamingo, he had no way out, like a fly in a web. Can his Hell Memories, if applied to his whole body, melt through the encasement? We know he could break it from the outside, but it may be a different matter from the inside. If so, then he can probably win as that's the most fatal attack we've seen from Perospero. Else, Sanji dies of dieabetes.

It all depends if Sanji can break free from Perospero candy or not and we currently do not have an answer to that.
    I don't see what's stopping Sanji from hell memory'ing the candy even if gets inside. And he can probably stop it from getting there in the first place. Candy can't thrive in the heat. It's not like it'd be selling Perospero short either, Hell Memories is one of his strongest attacks

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Sanji ain't beating no-one, stop it.

Pero get's the easy W
    Just another Youtuber who likes anime

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post
    I don't see what's stopping Sanji from hell memory'ing the candy even if gets inside. And he can probably stop it from getting there in the first place. Candy can't thrive in the heat. It's not like it'd be selling Perospero short either, Hell Memories is one of his strongest attacks
    I also wasn't seeing what could stop Sanji from Hell Memory'in Parasite, but he didn't :/ plot, maybe? Or perhaps fire wouldn't get Sanji rid of Doflamingo's strings, since apparently it wasn't particularly weak to that.

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

I also wasn't seeing what could stop Sanji from Hell Memory'in Parasite, but he didn't :/ plot, maybe? Or perhaps fire wouldn't get Sanji rid of Doflamingo's strings, since apparently it wasn't particularly weak to that.
    I do agree that it'd be natural to think that but as shown, apparently Doflamingo's strings have no weakness to fire. They cut burning meteorites twice. Perospero's candy constructs do have an established weakness to fire.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman thief

Oh Sanji. Perospero hasn't shown anything to keep up with him speed wise, and I doubt he has an answer to hell's memory.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

I do agree that it'd be natural to think that but as shown, apparently Doflamingo's strings have no weakness to fire. They cut burning meteorites twice. Perospero's candy constructs do have an established weakness to fire.
    Aye. But thinking about it, that leaves me in doubt about a Sanji vs Trebol showdown. If Trebol traps him and if Sanji tries to fire up, they'll blow up. Will either of them survive? And everytime Sanji tries to attack, if Trebol hits him with some beta, it'll explode on Sanji if it hits his leg ... but I should keep this to the Sanji vs Trebol thread actually

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Joestar View Post
    Oh Sanji. Perospero hasn't shown anything to keep up with him speed wise, and I doubt he has an answer to hell's memory.
    Aye. But thinking about it, that leaves me in doubt about a Sanji vs Trebol showdown. If Trebol traps him and if Sanji tries to fire up, they'll blow up. Will either of them survive? And everytime Sanji tries to attack, if Trebol hits him with some beta, it'll explode on Sanji if it hits his leg ... but I should keep this to the Sanji vs Trebol thread actually
    i don't think Perospero's candy is entirely weak to fire to be honest. His candy armor tanked an explosion head on that made Big Mom fall temporarily. A wider candy armor can ward off Hells Memories.