Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    I didn't say Luffy haki was inferior to Marco. I said base Luffy is inferior to Marco.

Mad? Not sure about it. But if that's the case, then that further shows that Dogtooth loses his calm the longer the fight goes, and from what he said before, he needs his calm to use CoO. The fact that Luffy didn't hit him now, was because he wasn't given the chance to

But, we also see Dogtooth calmly analyzing the situation, so we know he isn't unfocused or blinded by rage. He is slightly annoyed, and this can give Luffy the opening he needs, like it happened before.

How do you know Dogtooth considers Marco his equal Dogtooth mentioned that Luffy's resilience and the fact he keeps on going was Cracker's doom, he understands that. And that happened when Luffy was hitting Dogtooth, so there's a similarity there. Guess who can keep on getting up and regenerating? Dogtooth will get annoyed, miss his merienda, and slip like he did against Luffy and like you know he's going to do in the future.

I'm not sleeping on Luffy nor on Doffy. I'm merely stating that Marco is faster than base Luffy, and base Luffy has been dodging Dogtooth.
    Faster than Base Luffy....we don't know that <_<
    Also did he say that is how Cracker got done in >_0 can u give me a scan of that?
    Also we have never seen Katakuri even get as mad as what is shown in those scans I provided from missing his snack time.

Like I said u can't guarantee that two different fights against two different opponents will illicit the same emotional reaction.
    Last edited by Yomi; Jan 24th '18 at 07:14 PM.
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Inari View Post
    Faster than Base Luffy....we don't know that <_<
    Also did he say that is how Cracker got done in >_0 can u give me a scan of that?
    Also we have never seen Katakuri even get as mad as what is shown in those scans I provided from missing his snack time.

Like I said u can't guarantee that two different fights against two different opponents will illicit the same emotional reaction.
    Come on, he took Aokiji and Akainu by surprise and protected Whitebeard from Kizaru's lasers and he isn't faster than base Luffy?

It's in the pages I showed before. You're paying close attention to my argument
    Spoiler!

He realizes that like him, Cracker lost his calm, his patience, and thus led him to do something stupid and get hit.

We have seen Dogtooth get mader. He did get more mad when Luffy interrupted his snack time and saw his real face. The pages you provided aren't the "mader" he has been.

We haven't seen Dogtooth fight anyone else seriously of course I have to base it off his fight with Luffy, just like we're basing his feats off his fight with Luffy.
    It's also not the first time he fails to predict the future. He couldn't predict Sanji dodging his shot, so it's quite clear it's not fool proof. It doesn't always work the way he wants to.

The longer it takes for him to defeat an enemy, the more chances that enemy has to hit him due to his patience/calm running out and his CoO failing.

If he's being driven to such state by a weaker opponent, imagine against a stronger one
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaul View Post
    Come on, he took Aokiji and Akainu by surprise and protected Whitebeard from Kizaru's lasers and he isn't faster than base Luffy?

It's in the pages I showed before. You're paying close attention to my argument
    Spoiler!

He realizes that like him, Cracker lost his calm, his patience, and thus led him to do something stupid and get hit.

We have seen Dogtooth get mader. He did get more mad when Luffy interrupted his snack time and saw his real face. The pages you provided aren't the "mader" he has been.

We haven't seen Dogtooth fight anyone else seriously of course I have to base it off his fight with Luffy, just like we're basing his feats off his fight with Luffy.
    It's also not the first time he fails to predict the future. He couldn't predict Sanji dodging his shot, so it's quite clear it's not fool proof. It doesn't always work the way he wants to.

The longer it takes for him to defeat an enemy, the more chances that enemy has to hit him due to his patience/calm running out and his CoO failing.

If he's being driven to such state by a weaker opponent, imagine against a stronger one
    I kind of need a scan for that surprise to know if it's a legit speed feat. Half dead whitebeard got behind Akainu after all, but I never considered that a speed feat. And wasn't he already on the ship with WB? What kind of speed was really needed to see kizaru glowing and step in the way?

Blackleg previously said: Luffy's resilience and the fact he keeps on going was Cracker's doom.

Now Blackleg says: Cracker lost his calm, his patience, and thus led him to do something stupid and get hit.

In reality though it's simply Katakuri noting that he can see that when fighting Luffy he realizes that if he slips up Luffy has the power to make him pay for it. The first way u said it made it sound like he was admiring the Rubber boy's resilience. Your latest post shows though that he simply recognizes his brother's mistake that he was about to repeat. <_<

Marco is someone of equal rank and was on the crew of the world's strongest pirate. What idiot wouldn't expect great things fighting him. Katakuri may be a perfectionist, but he isn't so haughty as to believe he could make quick work of him. Why do you think he is using nothing, but Strength Mochi against Luffy now? It's not because he views Luffy as an equal worthy of such effort, but because he is intent on not underestimating him and attempting to crush Luffy with everything he has.

^He is doing that for an opponent he knows is weaker and simply may cause a threat if he isn't careful. If he faces Marco, the immortal Phoenix u r saying that he is just going to get fed up at Marco's endurance and start being sloppy.

U r correct though in saying that Katakuri's future sight isn't fool proof. It does how ever put his attacks and reactions ahead of his opponent making his attacks much more difficult to deal with.

You can beat someone playing a step ahead, but they definitely have an advantage.

Besides that those pages I made weren't supposed to be the saddest he has been. I was showing that the emotional stress produced from fighting Luffy was greater than his missing his snack time.

And the problem here is that even if u say Marco may eventually get a chance it doesn't change the fact that utilizing superior haki Katakuri can make his chance of putting down Marco happen because he can still overpower Marco, and out maneuver him
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Inari View Post
    I kind of need a scan for that surprise to know if it's a legit speed feat. Half dead whitebeard got behind Akainu after all, but I never considered that a speed feat. And wasn't he already on the ship with WB? What kind of speed was really needed to see kizaru glowing and step in the way?

He was incapacitated seconds before, being handcuffed in seastone. Then as Akainu prepares to kill Jinbe, Marco and Vista intervene. Chapter 574 if you want to check for yourself.
    Spoiler!

Before, flying kick out of nowhere stopping Aokiji
    Spoiler!

Marco was the only commander stopping all 3 admirals in different moments. Showing strength, speed and endurance, since he took quite a few hits from the Admirals themselves. Kizaru, Akainu and Garp even.

There's no evidence of where Marco was before, but we don't see anyone on the ship or near Whitebeard. Anyway, he got in front of it pretty fast, and we can understand it from this page
    Spoiler!

Also fast enough to surprise Kizaru
    Spoiler!

Blackleg previously said: Luffy's resilience and the fact he keeps on going was Cracker's doom.

Now Blackleg says: Cracker lost his calm, his patience, and thus led him to do something stupid and get hit.

In reality though it's simply Katakuri noting that he can see that when fighting Luffy he realizes that if he slips up Luffy has the power to make him pay for it. The first way u said it made it sound like he was admiring the Rubber boy's resilience. Your latest post shows though that he simply recognizes his brother's mistake that he was about to repeat. <_<
    I didn't think I had to spoonfeed you. It's interconnected.

Luffy's resilience, persistence and never giving up led to Cracker losing his patience and attack head on.
    Luffy is playing the same game with Dogtooth, as we've been seeing.

Marco is someone of equal rank and was on the crew of the world's strongest pirate. What idiot wouldn't expect great things fighting him. Katakuri may be a perfectionist, but he isn't so haughty as to believe he could make quick work of him. Why do you think he is using nothing, but Strength Mochi against Luffy now? It's not because he views Luffy as an equal worthy of such effort, but because he is intent on not underestimating him and attempting to crush Luffy with everything he has.

^He is doing that for an opponent he knows is weaker and simply may cause a threat if he isn't careful. If he faces Marco, the immortal Phoenix u r saying that he is just going to get fed up at Marco's endurance and start being sloppy.

U r correct though in saying that Katakuri's future sight isn't fool proof. It does how ever put his attacks and reactions ahead of his opponent making his attacks much more difficult to deal with.

You can beat someone playing a step ahead, but they definitely have an advantage.

Besides that those pages I made weren't supposed to be the saddest he has been. I was showing that the emotional stress produced from fighting Luffy was greater than his missing his snack time.

And the problem here is that even if u say Marco may eventually get a chance it doesn't change the fact that utilizing superior haki Katakuri can make his chance of putting down Marco happen because he can still overpower Marco, and out maneuver him
    Well, he was using other attacks aside from strength mochi. That kick wasn't strength mochi. He wiped out his trident too in the last chapter.

You're saying he's a perfectionist, but we've seen that he gets hasty, impatient, and screws up. He let Luffy live so he could eat his merienda. If he starts getting hungry because he can't miss his merienda, like he never has before, and does the same to Marco, it's his doom.

He gets fed up because he doesn't have his merienda lol. He said so himself, in pages I already provided. So if he starts hitting Marco and the bird boy doesn't go down, and Dogtooth starts missing his merienda, then yes, he's going to get peeved and make mistakes like he did with Luffy. He said he wasn't underestimating Luffy, but he did because he was peeved and hasty. So just because it's Marco, lets not pretend he will act differently when missing his merienda. Proof given by the manga is that he will get peeved, but you want to believe that he won't when evidence shows otherwise

Lol no, the emotional stress of missing Luffy isn't as big as missing his snack time. Are you kidding me
    The emotional stress of missing his snack time led him to lose the ability to use his CoO. Missing Luffy hasn't led to that, yet.

What evidence do you have that Dogtooth's haki is superior to Marco? That argument has 0 weight, as there's no way to compare and to be sure whose haki is superior. So lets not go there.
    And as evidenced from Luffy vs Cracker fight, someone with stronger haki can still lose.

Outmaneuver Marco? What speed feats has Dogtooth shown that makes you so sure he can outmaneuver Marco? Counter a G2 Luffy? Fail to hit a base Luffy? you also have 0 evidence that he can overpower Marco as there is no grounds to see that in the manga.
    Actually, seeing Marco's attacks on Admirals and the fact that Admirals > Luffy, the opposite could be argued
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

This is a pretty tough one, based only off what we've seen. Katakuri's gotten the full treatment this arc, so we know all of his abilities, and the level of his Haki. But Haki wasn't explored as much during Marineford, as it was just getting introduced.

Though, I wonder if I'd give it to Marco. He battled against three Admirals at different points, and seemingly the biggest damage he took was a punch from Garp. He tanked Kizaru's attack fairly easily, and he took Akainu's attack head on.

In all likelihood, it'd be a battle of attrition. Whether or not Marco's Haki is stronger or not than Katakuri's is a bit irrelevant, because he can tank his attacks. Now, what I'm wondering about is how Marco's DF works. Is it that his abilities to heal wears off, or do you have to have an attack strong enough to break through his defenses?

Marco's speed is shown to be incredibly fast, managing to get in the way of Kizaru's attack, but also arriving a lot sooner to Luffy's aid than Boa. He was shown to handle, what, 3 laser shots from Kizaru, and still fight afterwards.

In the long run, I think Marco takes this. It's a bit of a bad match up for Katakuri. Based off what we've seen, though, if Marco didn't have his healing factor, I believe he'd lose.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Senritsu no Tatsumaki! akatsukigogeta's Avatar
    Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

I can't believe anyone thinks marco beats katakuri. Marcos only saving grace is his hax regen in this fight, with everything shown so far katakuri has better haki, more strength and more speed. G4 luffy in dressrosa was marcos level and luffy has gotten upgraded since than and was still only equal to katakuri. I dont think marco who got knocked out of the sky by a casual garp punch is going to be tanking power on g4s level. That being said marco has shown absolutely nothing that would allow him to even touch katakuri, not speed wise, not aoe attacks. If katakuri can avoid black mamba he can avoid everything marco has. The thing is marcos armanent isnt even that strong it didnt even phase akainus logia state. Not it him and did little damage not it him him and he tanked it with better haki, no his haki was so much worse than akainus that it couldnt even make him tangible. That is not a haki on par with katakuris armanent haki. I dont think katakuri would get one shotted by an admiral just for losing focus like the wb commanders did. The wb commanders level are just dissapointing nowadays. In anycase this fight is just cat and mouse with katakuri chasing down marco and tryiung to inflict more damage than he can regenerate with marco not really having any effective attacks that could do anything becasue katakuri could both tank and dodge everything marco has showqn to do. MArco simply lacks the feats to be on katakuris level the only thing he has is like i said hax regen and his yonko 1st commander position. Marco did like no damage to anyone througout the war ffs. The most he did was kick kizaru across the field but half of that was kizaru trolling. katakuri wins mid-high diff not exactly mid but definitely not high diff

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Marco takes this one.
    Spoiler!