Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

NBA Offseason

I'm just making a thread for the NBA offseason - also known as the depletion of the East - so people who want to discuss the things that have gone down can do so before the 17-18 season starts.

So let's list the biggest moves and signings! You can fill in the ones I miss. I'm just doing the big ones.

Paul George and Carmelo Anthony to OKC

In more ways than one, the PG move is a big trade. It makes OKC that much better by adding a supreme top 15 talent to their team, which makes them more attractive, and makes it that more likely that Westbrook will re-sign. Add Melo on top of that, and all of a sudden, you have a legitimate contender. IF they have chemistry, of course. They are three extremely ball dominant players. WB's usage rate last year is the highest ever in the NBA. But that's more of a product of the environment. I think Melo will play more off-ball this year, going into USA Melo mode, and WB and PG are good playmakers.

Chris Paul to the Rockets

This one surprised me a bit. Perhaps not that CP3 ended up there, but the fact that he got traded. He went to the Clippers' front office and told them of his intentions, so they could have a chance of getting something back for him. That's a move that deserves respect. CP3 and Harden are also ball dominant players, but Harden is definitely capable of playing more off the ball. CP3, not that much.

Jimmy Butler, Jamal Crawford, and Jeff Teague to the Timberwolves

Huge move! For one, the Wolves barely gave up anything for him. Butler is a perfect fit for them, too. I'm not sure if he'll want to relinquish a lot of offensive responsibilities, but if he does so to benefit his defense, this team will be legit next year. Hopefully Butler's tenacity on defense will rub off on Wiggins, who has all the makings of a great defender. They also managed to get Crawford and Teague! Crawford is well-established. We all know what he brings to the table. Teague is a very solid point guard. He can lead an offense, he's a good shooter, and he's athletic.

Isaiah Thomas, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, Jae Crowder, and Jeff Green to the Cavaliers

The Cavs have pretty much revamped their entire team this offseason. They are the most well-rounded they have ever been. IT's defense is weak as hell, but he can match any point guard bucket for bucket. Hopefully he'll come back 100% healthy. The dude is an inspirational player. Wade is an aging player, but he's still got some left in the tank. On this team, I doubt he'll have to exert a lot of energy, and he can probably rest a lot during the season. He'll definitely have a few big moments in the playoffs, and he's a good locker room presence.
    Rose is nothing if not a wild card. He's still only 28 years old. If - big IF - he manages to stay healthy, he can be an incredible contributor off the bench. He's a much better defender than IT, though, so he might hold the starting job for a while when he gets back. But IT provides much needed spacing, so he will get the nod eventually.
    Crowder is honestly the player I'm most hyped for. IT pretty much makes up for the absence of Kyrie, but Crowder will be a great addition to the team. He's an excellent defender with a good 3-point shot. I see him playing on KD a lot in the Finals. And yes, the Cavs will get back there.
    Green is an incredibly talented player. He looked to be forging a good career for himself in OKC, but alas, things didn't quite go that way. Nevertheless, he's a big, agile, and athletic SF/PF. He will hopefully be another great asset against OKC, someone KD or Draymond will be forced to defend.

Kyrie Irving to the Celtics

Kyrie is a fantastic player, but I can't help but feel that the Celtics lost in this trade, especially when they also gave up Bradley earlier in the summer. With that said, they did clear space for Tatum to get minutes, and Hayward will make up for Bradley's defense with great offense and overall skills. But for all their moves, will they even be the second best team in the East, which already isn't saying much? Fear the deer!

Rudy Gay to the Spurs

Just felt like bringing this one up because I think it's getting overlooked a bit. Gay had an unfortunate end to his season last year, but by all accounts, he'll come back fully healed. He's still an athletic freak with awesome offensive abilities. Let's so how he fits in with the Spurs

Everyone re-signs with the Warriors

Fuck the Warriors.

Mentioning the usual suspects! @Spiegel @Basil @ShichiDrewKai @deltZ @Cockycent @Wallyrine

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nekomamushi For This Useful Post:

Redeyes  (Jul 30th '18)

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I've been a Wade fan for so long. Last year. I followed him to the Bulls. This season, I don't know if I can follow him to the Cavs. I have a big, life decision before the season starts. OKC or Cavs. I really don't want to be a Cav fan. Kyrie's whole press run has been hilarious. He's so nonchalant and Cav fans are so bitter. Even Bron has come off a bit bitter.

A big sleeper team is the T-Wolves. They're building something very solid over there Jamal, Towns, Wiggins, Jimmy, Teague, and Taj. All of the guys are fighters. I really wish Bulls didn't give up Taj like that, we could've used him in the playoffs. Thib is a great coach.
    Casual: OP is just power levels

Me:

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I've been a Wade fan for so long. Last year. I followed him to the Bulls. This season, I don't know if I can follow him to the Cavs. I have a big, life decision before the season starts. OKC or Cavs. I really don't want to be a Cav fan. Kyrie's whole press run has been hilarious. He's so nonchalant and Cav fans are so bitter. Even Bron has come off a bit bitter.

A big sleeper team is the T-Wolves. They're building something very solid over there Jamal, Towns, Wiggins, Jimmy, Teague, and Taj. All of the guys are fighters. I really wish Bulls didn't give up Taj like that, we could've used him in the playoffs. Thib is a great coach.
    Well, Kyrie got what he wanted from it. The fans and Lebron didn't. I still don't see this bitterness from Lebron you're talking about, though. He's been honest. He believed Kyrie would be the one to take over for him when the day comes. It's alright being disappointed.

Aye, the Wolves are looking great. Young nucleus, some experienced veterans, and an excellent coach(who tends to overplay his players).

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Laker just got Javalee, "Ear Blower" Lance and Bron. Possible Kawhi as well. The West is a mess. The East, imo, can slowly grow and build great young talent.
    Casual: OP is just power levels

Me:

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Laker just got Javalee, "Ear Blower" Lance and Bron. Possible Kawhi as well. The West is a mess. The East, imo, can slowly grow and build great young talent.
    East has potential. Celtics and Sixers will be legit. Bucks will hopefully improve significantly. Pacers can get better, Knicks have some potential, too.

But it's pointless, because the fucking Warriors keep stacking the deck! Boogie? REALLY?! It's just unfair.

Spoiler!