View Poll Results: Rate This Week's Chapter!

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 7.41%

4 14.81%

4 14.81%

17 62.96%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

One Piece Chapter 880 Discussion and 881 Predictions

"Chance Of Escape: "0%"

One Piece Chapter 880 Discussion and 881 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 880 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 881

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireAngeL For This Useful Post:

Cockycent  (Sep 29th '17), Overhaul  (Sep 29th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Looks like pudding already learned diable jambe

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman engineer

Luffy is being trashed by RiceyMcRiceface
    Nami's facing a living tidal wave
    Sanji's playing around in the kitchen for the incoming 12hs

Who's gonna save the day ? Zoro ? Law ? WB's son ? The Grand Fleet ?

Because boy oh boy they have shit up their neck at this point
    Guess who we're talking about :
    Because XX shows nothing impressive besides being an arrogant-humble idolizer who worships anyone he sees to be cool.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Giant water homie, Chiffon was or is a minister, 2 more confirmed siblings. I liked this one. Puddin has too much charisma to not be a SH candidate. Now has this water homie always been around or is he new? Either way, I feel that Jinbei and Brook + the Sun Pirates can handle this easily.

No one being allowed in. 2 hours and 40 min and blaming everything on Capone is the setup. Luffy is probably stalling with a certain time in mind for the cake. I can see 3 different ways this goes, but all can be wrong. I love Puddin's middle finger to Sanji. No break, so i'm extra satisfied.
    Last edited by Cockycent; Sep 29th '17 at 11:21 AM.
    REJOICE, OP WILL NEVER END

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    archeologist

Ummm... What the hell was that?
    Why is Luffy losing so epically to this auron look alike?!?! And to make matters worse, sanji and co. Just started making the cake so they can't help, and the jerks set fire to the sunny. Now Franky's gonna be mad. But sheesh, do something, Luffy. They didn't train for two years for this.

Inherited will... The destiny of an age, The dreams of its people... As long as there are those who continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things shall not vanish from this world.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I'm peeved about BM's use of power here, but I still wouldn't consider it her using her power on the ocean @Cockycent. Like I mentioned in the spoiler thread, it seems like a bit of a copout, but waves don't affect Devil Fruit users the way the sea does. If a devil fruit user is splashed by a wave, attacks a wave, or touches a wave, they are not affected by ocean energies. BM does not appear to be affected by ocean energies right now. Even if she could somehow infuse her soul into the ocean, I would imagine it would cause great strain, and she looks like she's putting in no effort right now, though that could be rage related. Her infusing her soul into a wave makes a lot more sense, but like I said, still feels like a copout. And the big problem now is that the clear lines on Devil Fruit use are less clear. I mean, no one's fruit is as unique as BM's, but where does this stop? Can vander decken touch someone then touch the ocean and send them there? If foxy is getting swallowed by a whirlpool, can her Noro Noro the sea? Having the homie simply be a wave makes this line more clear, but without that assumption, there really is no limit to how a Devil Fruit user can interact with the sea, which I think is troublesome for the story.

Still gave 5/5 because in relation to what it does for the strawhats, it doesn't change anything. I would like a proper explanation, which I'm afraid we won't get until Vegapunk, but this chapter moved the cake plot along in an interesting way, made me excited for Luffy v. Kata, and raised the stakes for the sunny people. I don't think BM needed a wave to make that point, and I think it makes a lot of people question the universe. Also, where is perospero and his candy slug?

PS: And also as I mentioned in the spoiler discussion, why in the world would she not have made this homie earlier? It's such a powerful homie, and it would give her control over an element that neither prometheus or zeus do. There is definitely something fishy here, because there is a reason she hasn't done this.

PPS: Luffy can stop the archers and invaders with CoC. I guess he's just tapped out then?
    Last edited by Milo; Sep 29th '17 at 12:20 PM.

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I'm peeved about BM's use of power here, but I still wouldn't consider it her using her power on the ocean @Cockycent. Like I mentioned in the spoiler thread, it seems like a bit of a copout, but waves don't affect Devil Fruit users the way the sea does. If a devil fruit user is splashed by a wave, attacks a wave, or touches a wave, they are not affected by ocean energies. BM does not appear to be affected by ocean energies right now. Even if she could somehow infuse her soul into the ocean, I would imagine it would cause great strain, and she looks like she's putting in no effort right now, though that could be rage related. Her infusing her soul into a wave makes a lot more sense, but like I said, still feels like a copout. And the big problem now is that the clear lines on Devil Fruit use are less clear. I mean, no one's fruit is as unique as BM's, but where does this stop? Can vander decken touch someone then touch the ocean and send them there? If foxy is getting swallowed by a whirlpool, can her Noro Noro the sea? Having the homie simply be a wave makes this line more clear, but without that assumption, there really is no limit to how a Devil Fruit user can interact with the sea, which I think is troublesome for the story.

Still gave 5/5 because in relation to what it does for the strawhats, it doesn't change anything. I would like a proper explanation, which I'm afraid we won't get until Vegapunk, but this chapter moved the cake plot along in an interesting way, made me excited for Luffy v. Kata, and raised the stakes for the sunny people. I don't think BM needed a wave to make that point, and I think it makes a lot of people question the universe. Also, where is perospero and his candy slug?

PS: And also as I mentioned in the spoiler discussion, why in the world would she not have made this homie earlier? It's such a powerful homie, and it would give her control over an element that neither prometheus or zeus do. There is definitely something fishy here, because there is a reason she hasn't done this.

PPS: Luffy can stop the archers and invaders with CoC. I guess he's just tapped out then?
    Spoiler!

Df users can manipulate water. Not to mention when Law cut seastone on PH

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post
    Spoiler!

Df users can manipulate water. Not to mention when Law cut seastone on PH
    Oh cool then yeah ocean homies just hanging out in the water all the time cool O.O

I've talked about this at length with Cockycent, and it's just not the same to me. Here's my exact post:

"To me it's simple. A devil fruit user can use their ability above, around, through, or on things in the sea. However, they cannot activate their ability in the sea. If a paramecia can produce something (ala mr. 3, perospero) it becomes that thing forever and stays regardless of ocean energy. But if a paramecia can animate something, then ocean energy interrupts that powers ability to animate (i.e. Moriah). These are clear lines that establish excellent universe rules."

To me that jives with everything above, except for perhaps lifting Seastone, Shiki. However, With aokiji, he just made the water so cold it froze. He didn't touch the water. He touched everything around the water, making the water freeze. Also, like I said before, waves don't count as the ocean. Law's instance with the water in the room is also not valid evidence, because as I pointed out to Cocky, the water is running down while other things in the panel are weightless. To me, it's clear that he affected things in the room, and the water isn't affected the same way. Notice the land and the ship are going up in the panel, and the water is running down off of it.
    Last edited by Milo; Sep 29th '17 at 12:41 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

@Emilio Banifacio, chapter is out now. On Fridays from here on, indeed.

Okay, so....

First half of the chapter was pretty boring. It felt like Oda was just trying to pad the pages with stuff so he could have a complete chapter. A lot of this could've been skipped, or explained very quickly. Either way, it's cool seeing Sanji in his own element right now. Chiffon's reaction to Sanji saying he could smell the ingredients was funny I'm getting a bit tired of Pudding's tsundere stuff, tbh. Her giving the finger was also funny and unexpected, though

Second half of the chapter was much more exciting. It had the same intensity the recent chapters have had. Luffy is still getting the snot kicked out of him, but right now, he's trying to evade Katakuri's attacks while stopping those other people, so it's not as easy, obviously. With that said, why isn't he using CoC? These other children of BM don't seem to be strong at all, so I think Luffy could take them out with it.

Did you see Katakuri's leg...s?! I know we saw multiple hands last chapter, but one leg with multiple legs looked extra freaky. Like a squid, or something.

Dat cliffhanger tho! It makes you wonder how they're gonna escape it. Obviously Aokiji will show up and stone cold freeze that shit But no, the only real solution I see to this is that Jinbe will stop it. I feel like him being there will pay off really big right now. He's the strongest Fishman there is. Or at least the strongest at using Fishman Karate/Jujutsu. It'd be a good way to show his true power at sea.

With that said, I don't think that's seawater. The way the water is running slowly down on it, like it's slow and saggy, makes me think BM has infused a soul into Pero's Candy Slug. So this'll be interesting. Maybe Jinbe will create his own tsunami to counter it.

It's either that, or I think Germa will show up in the nick of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Giant water homie, Chiffon was or is a minister, 2 more confirmed siblings. I liked this one. Puddin has too much charisma to not be a SH candidate. Now has this water homie always been around or is he new? Either way, I feel that Jinbei and Brook + the Sun Pirates can handle this easily.

No one being allowed in. 2 hours and 40 min and blaming everything on Capone is the setup. Luffy is probably stalling with a certain time in mind for the cake. I can see 3 different ways this goes, but all can be wrong. I love Puddin's middle finger to Sanji. No break, so i'm extra satisfied.
    I don't think Pudding is SH material at all I mean, she's alright, but I could never see her joining the crew. I think she'll leave on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Annadoridesu View Post
    Ummm... What the hell was that?
    Why is Luffy losing so epically to this auron look alike?!?! And to make matters worse, sanji and co. Just started making the cake so they can't help, and the jerks set fire to the sunny. Now Franky's gonna be mad. But sheesh, do something, Luffy. They didn't train for two years for this.
    I don't think they intended to fight a Yonko crew this soon, with only half of their crew available The plan was to retrieve Sanji without getting into a war with BM. Obviously it failed, but had they been prepared with their entire alliance and crew, they wouldn't struggle this much. But then again, maybe they wouldn't have divided their forces to go after both the SHs and Tank Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post

I don't think it's from the sea. The way the wave is drawn, it looks like BM has put a soul into Pero's Candy Slug.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    @Emilio Banifacio, chapter is out now. On Fridays from here on, indeed.

Okay, so....

First half of the chapter was pretty boring. It felt like Oda was just trying to pad the pages with stuff so he could have a complete chapter. A lot of this could've been skipped, or explained very quickly. Either way, it's cool seeing Sanji in his own element right now. Chiffon's reaction to Sanji saying he could smell the ingredients was funny I'm getting a bit tired of Pudding's tsundere stuff, tbh. Her giving the finger was also funny and unexpected, though

Second half of the chapter was much more exciting. It had the same intensity the recent chapters have had. Luffy is still getting the snot kicked out of him, but right now, he's trying to evade Katakuri's attacks while stopping those other people, so it's not as easy, obviously. With that said, why isn't he using CoC? These other children of BM don't seem to be strong at all, so I think Luffy could take them out with it.

Did you see Katakuri's leg...s?! I know we saw multiple hands last chapter, but one leg with multiple legs looked extra freaky. Like a squid, or something.

Dat cliffhanger tho! It makes you wonder how they're gonna escape it. Obviously Aokiji will show up and stone cold freeze that shit But no, the only real solution I see to this is that Jinbe will stop it. I feel like him being there will pay off really big right now. He's the strongest Fishman there is. Or at least the strongest at using Fishman Karate/Jujutsu. It'd be a good way to show his true power at sea.

With that said, I don't think that's seawater. The way the water is running slowly down on it, like it's slow and saggy, makes me think BM has infused a soul into Pero's Candy Slug. So this'll be interesting. Maybe Jinbe will create his own tsunami to counter it.

It's either that, or I think Germa will show up in the nick of time.

I don't think Pudding is SH material at all I mean, she's alright, but I could never see her joining the crew. I think she'll leave on her own.

I don't think they intended to fight a Yonko crew this soon, with only half of their crew available The plan was to retrieve Sanji without getting into a war with BM. Obviously it failed, but had they been prepared with their entire alliance and crew, they wouldn't struggle this much. But then again, maybe they wouldn't have divided their forces to go after both the SHs and Tank Pirates.

I don't think it's from the sea. The way the wave is drawn, it looks like BM has put a soul into Pero's Candy Slug.
    Interesting thought Neko. I like it. Makes way more sense. I mean, I could still live with the "a wave isn't the ocean" explanation, but now that you mention it, this wave does have a certain candy-esque quality to it, in that it's sludgy not flowy.

Also, if it's made of water, I think Brook will be the one to take it out. If it's made of candy, maybe Jinbe stalls and brook deals the final blow?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast