Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Wink One Piece Themes - Death

My first video where I try to tackle a "theme" of the series. I discuss the philosophy Oda pushes about death throughout the story.

What legacy do people leave behind when they die? What are some of the most important quotes in One Piece? How does Oda's philosophy about death go back to the very first chapter of the story?

Check it out, and let me know what you all think!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MorjMan For This Useful Post:

Overhaul  (Oct 7th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Aye. Luffy carries the will of Roger and Ace. Zoro carries the will of Kuina. Chopper carries the will of Hiluluk. Franky carries the will of Tom. Robin carries the will of Saul and the Oharans. Nami carries the will of Bellemere. Brook carries the will of his crewmates.
    All that, because even though they died, they impacted their lives in such a great way that it gives them strength to carry on and pursue their dream, which mirrors or was taken from the person who died and was important for them.

It might be the same for us ... even when someone dies, they have impacted our lives in such a great way that we'll always carry a bit of them in us. An habit, a saying, a way of being, an experience. It is a beautiful thought that Oda passes on the series.

However, I'd correct one thing you mentioned. Not all D's smile upon their deaths, or near death experiences. Blackbeard didn't smile when he was about to be killed by Whitebeard, but was saved by his crewmates. He was terrified of it, of death.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Inuarashi View Post
    Aye. Luffy carries the will of Roger and Ace. Zoro carries the will of Kuina. Chopper carries the will of Hiluluk. Franky carries the will of Tom. Robin carries the will of Saul and the Oharans. Nami carries the will of Bellemere. Brook carries the will of his crewmates.
    All that, because even though they died, they impacted their lives in such a great way that it gives them strength to carry on and pursue their dream, which mirrors or was taken from the person who died and was important for them.

It might be the same for us ... even when someone dies, they have impacted our lives in such a great way that we'll always carry a bit of them in us. An habit, a saying, a way of being, an experience. It is a beautiful thought that Oda passes on the series.

However, I'd correct one thing you mentioned. Not all D's smile upon their deaths, or near death experiences. Blackbeard didn't smile when he was about to be killed by Whitebeard, but was saved by his crewmates. He was terrified of it, of death.
    I agree, you captured the sentiment well. And Blackbeard is a good point. I guess I forgot the Whitebeard fight was a near-death experience for him, but at the same time Blackbeard is pretty different from the other D's so far.