Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Henderson View Post
    I will have to disagree, Oda doesn't do well with powerful organizations nor crews ever being "over".

- Whitebeard Pirates: Lost 4th division commander, member defects to form own crew, 2nd Division commander captured up for execution, 3rd division commander loses arm in fight with admiral, entire crew goes to war with the entirety of the Marine army with all admirals, 2nd division commander eventually killed and the captain is also. The crew loses all warships and some allies, but still reemerges a year later for "Payback" to engage in yet another full scale war against a crew also up for yonko status along with they themselves.

- Revolutionary Army: Headquarters attacked by a yonko's entire crew, and loses all weapons with the arrival of CP0 and Marines. Still in existence.

- Roger Pirates: Disbands completely with "everyone with a connection to Roger being executed" and still has members becoming yonko and Warlord and first mate training super rookies while confronting an admiral.

- Baroque Works: Defeated, arrested and disbands, but strongest members reemerges during Impel Down.

- Marine HQ: Several Vice Admirals incapacitated, Akainu nearly killed per Oda words, island split in half, half the entire 100,000 army killed, two retired vets(Sengoku and Garp), and a defection(Aokiji), and a war against A yonko crew, Blackbeard Pirates and 43 new world crews with the entire HQ 95% destroyed. Warships and at least 8 pacifistas destroyed.

- Impel Down: Magellan beaten down, half a thousand escapees some of which were level 6 terrorist, Hannibal beaten down, guards killed, Shilliew defecting, they still healed.

What this means?

Basically, we've seen other powerful armies go through worse than Big Mom's crew and they not only arrived but took less than a year to get back the same resources and figures before their separate crisis.

Whitebeard pirates made do, without Whitebeard, Ace and Jozu's right arm, and Whitebeard didn't even replace some of his commanders like Big Mom didn't replace Snack. This crew managed to wage yet another war, and although in a losing effort they managed still live.

Marines, these guys took as equal as a beating and fought a war on two fronts once Blackbeard showed up they were drained, and practically stood down in the face of Shanks. They lost three powerful fighters, however they replenished all lost with replacement.

So I believe Big Mom's crew can even lose this confrontation in a way, but unless Big Mom, Katakuri AND Smoothie are all taken down or defects in a way, then this crew is still a threat.

I feel like just what Capone said, even if the assassination was successful they still could have died, he knew well the threat posed by Smoothie and Katakuri.

Whitebeard died and Marco was a candidate for Yonko position, so was Blackbeard, both subordinates of his or was.

Just maybe that's how this might operate, if Big Mom dies Katakuri becomes captain, he might be considered as well, this guy is hype and morale for the crew, making decisions telling everyone what to do just like Marco giving Jozu and Vista orders, heck as absent minded as Big Mom is, Katakuri is practically captain. This guy is the reason the Strawhats are still there along with Perospero a little. It was all his ideas that makes him the de facto main antagonist. Big Mom is strong but poor at decision making, she's literally swinging her sword like an inexperienced maniac right now missing every shot she throws at the allies, and her son had to lie to her just to get her to be a little sensical, she was gonna wreck her own crew and allow Luffy to escape for something that was his fault before Perospero intervened.

In all, I think this literal half-effort of a team of Strawhats aren't good enough. Every arc the Strawhats have someone stronger than them helping them out or at least an enemy going a little easy. Smoker going easy or allowing them to leave, Rayleigh, Whitebeard, pre-ts Jinbe, Sabo, Dragon, Ace, Law Smoker duo against Vergo, Fujitora going easy.

This arc is dangerous not because it's a yonko only, but because Luffy don't have his get out of jail free card this time. No Marco to kick Aokiji, Vista to clash with Mihawk, Ace to clash with Smoker, Sabo to clash with Fujitora, Rayleigh to kick Kizaru, Benn Beckman to aim a gun at Kizaru, Law to tag team with you. You're the one everyone's asking for help, for the first time Luffy's the undisputed Champion of the protagonist.

There's four organizations and four leaders.

Germa 66
    Firetank Pirates
    Sun Pirates
    Strawhat Pirates

Judge spear is crumbles and he incapacitated with one strike by Big Mom.
    Capone had his face bashed in by Big Mom
    Jinbe is scared to confront her.

Luffy is literally their best hope at life and he can't even land one shot on her right hand man.

This means they pose no threat to Big Mom her crew and she won't fall, unless Marco and the remnants of the Whitebeard pirates show up, or the Revs with Sabo, they literally need a hero right now because Luffy can't do it on his own.
    Rumbar Pirates: Defeated, but they have a member on the crew of the future pirate king

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    Her demise has been built up to - for quite some time, now. I'm quite certain she's going to get the axe. Besides, to what relevance would keeping her alive serve the plot?

also, i am really biased, and want bib mom to die

still, how would keeping her alive be relevant to the plot?
    It's quite hard to kill someone who is invulnerable to damage, specially when her vulnerability moment is gone. This gets worse when the strongest people the Straw Hats have, Luffy, has a hard time even defeating one of her Top Commanders, so how could they aim to defeat her this arc when they have so much trouble defeating one of her commanders?

A Shichibukai is not the same as a Yonko btw. None of the Shichibukai shown, except for probably Mihawk, could hope to defeat or match a Yonko. So saying Luffy did it with Shichibukai so he should be able to do it with a Yonko is an unfair comparison. I don't think any of the Shichibukai at MF could defeat Whitebeard one on one. Blackbeard clearly showed he couldn't, and he was strong enough to defeat one of his Top Commanders, Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    On one hand Big Mom pirates story seems to be reaching its conclusion. No direction for them to head after this arc that I can see. Their entire backstory is out in the open, and not much is left to be added.

On the other hand it would really suck for Yonkos if they would be taken out so... sloppyshly. Even if Akainu/BB were to ambush them.

I think they will remain in the story but only as an afterthought. Possibly appearing in the Return to Fishman Island arc, or in the final war.

Elbaf Arc and Prince Loki have been hyped a bit here, but I just don't see BM crew being major antagonists again.
    Well, we still have some powers we haven't seen in the BM pirates. Smoothie, for example the other sons aside from Perospero and Katakuri haven't been getting much exposition either.

So the other BM pirates could show more of their powers in the future.

As for the topic of this thread, at the beginning I could see the WG going for the kill, with perhaps Ryokogou showing up to try and take the spoils of war. But now, I think the most likely is either a future confrontation for Fishman Island, or in Elbaf. It seems like it's setting up for that, and I don't believe the alliance has enough man power to defeat Big Mom. They must grow stronger first.
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Tying BM to Elbaf again would be pretty cool, storywise. I think it makes a lot of sense. Though, there is Shyarly's prophecy of FI going down in flames. Perhaps BM will seek revenge on Luffy by attacking FI. But what I've never liked about that idea is that they will be backtracking, quite literally. So moving forward to Elbaf makes sense.

Facing off on Elbaf works because then the SHs will have Elbaf warriors to back them up, too. By that point, yeah, Luffy will probably be strong enough, or at least on the brink, to be able to defeat BM by himself. But the BM Pirates is still a pretty big crew, so more is needed than just the SHs.

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Tying BM to Elbaf again would be pretty cool, storywise. I think it makes a lot of sense. Though, there is Shyarly's prophecy of FI going down in flames. Perhaps BM will seek revenge on Luffy by attacking FI. But what I've never liked about that idea is that they will be backtracking, quite literally. So moving forward to Elbaf makes sense.

Facing off on Elbaf works because then the SHs will have Elbaf warriors to back them up, too. By that point, yeah, Luffy will probably be strong enough, or at least on the brink, to be able to defeat BM by himself. But the BM Pirates is still a pretty big crew, so more is needed than just the SHs.
    I agree, I like Fishman Island but it would feel repetitive at this point.

There's the fleet too. Maybe Oda could help keep an arc that has a repeated antagonist interesting by just having a bunch of fights lol. But I don't know if that's his style

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post

There's the fleet too. Maybe Oda could help keep an arc that has a repeated antagonist interesting by just having a bunch of fights lol. But I don't know if that's his style
    I disagree. The fishman island arc was more of a test of the Strawhats power than anything else. I think a revisit could be very exciting, especially with one hanging thread: the discovery of a living super weapon in Shirahoshi. It doesn't matter where, that is game-changing plot right there.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post

Yeah, but the fleet won't just magically appear, and I don't think the SHs would expect to meet BM on Elbaf, so I don't see why the fleet would be there. Unless Luffy hears about Elbaf being under attack, then he assembles the fleet in order to help them. But then it'll be like doing the exact same thing as Wano.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I disagree. The fishman island arc was more of a test of the Strawhats power than anything else. I think a revisit could be very exciting, especially with one hanging thread: the discovery of a living super weapon in Shirahoshi. It doesn't matter where, that is game-changing plot right there.
    Imo, it was more of a showcasing than anything else. The first test of power, to me, was Dressrosa. None of them were close to going all out before that. Hell, Usopp even leveled up there

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Yeah, but the fleet won't just magically appear, and I don't think the SHs would expect to meet BM on Elbaf, so I don't see why the fleet would be there. Unless Luffy hears about Elbaf being under attack, then he assembles the fleet in order to help them. But then it'll be like doing the exact same thing as Wano.

Imo, it was more of a showcasing than anything else. The first test of power, to me, was Dressrosa. None of them were close to going all out before that. Hell, Usopp even leveled up there
    Well that's kind of my point though. There was room to grow with what happened there. And I believe that the SH fleet will be called somewhere, and that that somewhere will be Fishman Island. Of all the places in the series, none have as many loose threads as Fishman Island. Of course there are plenty of islands that we haven't visited with loose threads, like Elbaf as people mentioned, but if any island were to be revisited in the series, it would make sense that Fishman Island be the one.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

Well that's kind of my point though. There was room to grow with what happened there. And I believe that the SH fleet will be called somewhere, and that that somewhere will be Fishman Island. Of all the places in the series, none have as many loose threads as Fishman Island. Of course there are plenty of islands that we haven't visited with loose threads, like Elbaf as people mentioned, but if any island were to be revisited in the series, it would make sense that Fishman Island be the one.
    I dont think FI is going to be a BM arc. Either Kaido or EoS to destroy the Red Line. As for the fleet, I think they will beused in the war against the Wg, and some or them may appear and help the Straw Hats in the way
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Inuarashi View Post
    I dont think FI is going to be a BM arc. Either Kaido or EoS to destroy the Red Line. As for the fleet, I think they will beused in the war against the Wg, and some or them may appear and help the Straw Hats in the way
    Well, my theory on it is that there will be a 3-way pirate war between the BM Pirates, the Beast Pirates, and the Strawhat Grand Fleet, and that the subject of that war will be who rules Fishman Island as territory.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Well, my theory on it is that there will be a 3-way pirate war between the BM Pirates, the Beast Pirates, and the Strawhat Grand Fleet, and that the subject of that war will be who rules Fishman Island as territory.
    It'd actually make sense for Luffy to destroy it if that's the case Especially since the Fishmen want to relocate.

Spoiler!