Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Globe globule glob Sanaa's Avatar
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Boa Hancock will Die

Boa Hancock, thought about her connection with Medusa and how she died and basically found a section of the internet devoted to making connections about her and Greek mythology. Basically, using the narrative of what she was inspired by (Medusa and Calypso), we can kind of predict what will happen and what has happened.

So, the connections:

Spoiler!

so basically since boa was a slave, she may have been forced to do explicit things with the tenryubito. so it isn't the tenryubito that forcefully feed her that devil fruit. it's probably the wives of the tenryubito to get them to detach from her beauty.

So, because of what she's experienced, she basically hates men. Until luffy comes along. Like in the story of Calypso; Boa Hancock charms every man that comes to her island except for Luffy/Odysseus. And she falls in love with him because of that. Ultimately, if she does die, it will be when she let's go of her past experiences and associated pain when she accepts that not all men are vile creatures out to possess her for their own agenda. So she might die saying something like, "I've realized not all men are vile, you, Luffy, have shown me this."

How will she die?

She'll sacrifice her life for Luffy.

A fitting end, don't you think? But a bit tragic, it will be as thought everything she believed would become invalidated in that single moment.

So about her past, basically, why were she and her two sisters taken to stay at Amazon Lily? Well, Amazon Lily is one of the best places to hide from the world government, and since they were escapees from the tenryubito, they would be in danger (while still young and vulnerable) to be taken back to that life.

Also, Medussa is killed by Persius when her and poseidon were doing intimate things, so basically, when luffy finally accepts her and she feels her love is requited, she will be killed by a world government official, i.e. maybe Kizaru? But this is a long shot, Luffy will never love her or any woman, I think. If there is a woman, we haven't been introduced to her yet.

Or maybe, Boa Hancock will fight by luffy's side until she's needed to sacrifice herself for him and she dies in his arms. This is more likely.

That kind of ending would be like that korean manwha i read a while ago; called The Breaker.

Also, her ending will be kind of obvious, because tbh Boa Hancock is not a kind of complex character, like, say Nico Robin, who we still haven't deciphered why she wants to know the hidden truth behind the world. Yes, we know about her past experiences, but what we don't know is what she's getting at or what she's going to do with that information. There's just so much more to her than what meets the eye

This truth will also play a significant role in the future. In contrast, Boa Hancock is a simple person, and so is Luffy. They have a simple purpose and goal that their trying to attain.

The key is when Boa Hancock's goal becomes Luffy:

If you think about it, she's just clinging to power to protect herself, and her abandoning her post for Luffy means she's found something other than herself to protect.

Opportunity cost: Give up life and power (that was protecting me) to protect Luffy.

spoiler on that below:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sanaa; Oct 10th '17 at 01:42 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sanaa For This Useful Post:

Cockycent  (Oct 10th '17), Overhaul  (Oct 11th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    chef

I hope so.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Uta View Post
    I hope so.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    chef

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    Title: Boa Hancock will Die
    Me: I Hope so

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Uta View Post
    Title: Boa Hancock will Die
    Me: I Hope so
    i gettit. geez.

i just didn't expect that. tell me, the cheshire cat stares at his patient, Uta. Uta had wandered into the forest searching for answers, and yet the answer he sought was within him,

"why do you hope that she dies?" whispered the Cheshire Cat.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman engineer

Wait who tagged me how do you tag people

who's going to kill hancock.

or is this code for aertes?

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by VAK View Post
    Wait who tagged me how do you tag people

who's going to kill hancock.

or is this code for aertes?
    read the thread

also, at the bottom of any thread, there are a few options:

under user tag list, select "tag users" and proceed from there.

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts scientist

Will read later
    Commander
    Saya | 6.1 | Calamity's Rebirth | Travel Log | ??? XP | ??? Gold

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Idk, I just think that death in this series is something that is reserved for certain characters. Hancock did have a tragic past, but she has honestly been turned into more of a gag character since that past was revealed. Her entire love for Luffy is comically exaggerated and unrealistic, so a sacrifice from her would be turning a joke into something too real.

Characters like WB, Ace, Pedro, etc were all more "serious" figures. In the future I feel like characters like Law and Shanks are more likely candidates for dying than someone like Hancock, simply because they would carry a more sincere dramatic impact whereas with Hancock it would feel like a joke gone wrong imo.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by MorjMan View Post
    Idk, I just think that death in this series is something that is reserved for certain characters. Hancock did have a tragic past, but she has honestly been turned into more of a gag character since that past was revealed. Her entire love for Luffy is comically exaggerated and unrealistic, so a sacrifice from her would be turning a joke into something too real.

Characters like WB, Ace, Pedro, etc were all more "serious" figures. In the future I feel like characters like Law and Shanks are more likely candidates for dying than someone like Hancock, simply because they would carry a more sincere dramatic impact whereas with Hancock it would feel like a joke gone wrong imo.
    BH is not really a gag, it's just she's lost relevancy as of the current occurrences. her personality is what ultimately counts. also, it won't be a major death kind of thing like ace.

her dying would be perfect, especially if she sacrificed herself for Luffy. it would make her relevant again.