Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman entertainer

Anime Suggestions for this Season!

Hey y'all! I haven't been here for a long time, but I'm back, alive and kickin'! And I'm here to suggest some of the shows I've liked for this season. Subsequently, you may suggest any anime that is currently airing this season as well.

Anyway, here are my suggestions:
    1) Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus' Bride)

Plot: Hatori Chise is a teenage girl who is fed up with her life and decides to sell herself into slavery. She is bought by a man named Elias (nicknamed The Mage of Thorns), to be brought up as his apprentice. Elias shows Chise kindness, and apparently, he also wants her to be his wife.
    Current number of episodes aired: Two
    Why I recommend it: I'll admit I'm not a fan of romantic series, but there's something about this that makes me watch. Maybe it's the magic? Whether Chise would be a good apprentice? Will Chise accept Elias as her husband? Is Elias really the goody-good guy that he shows he is? There's too much plot points for this show, which would leave you hanging for more. Plus there's a lot about Chise we don't know yet.
    Check out the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0k03OaDDfk

2) Black Clover

Plot: Yuno (left) and Asta (right) are orphans brought up in a small chapel. Set in a world where magic is the most common way of doing things, both of them aspire to be the Wizard King, which is kinda hard to do when Asta realizes that he doesn't have an ounce of magic in him. Meanwhile, Yuno is granted a four-leaf clover grimoire (a book for magic) to recognize his ability, but somehow an incident happens and Asta is given a rare five-leaf clover grimoire... Suddenly, the future isn't too bleak for him.
    Current number of episodes aired: Three
    Why I recommend it: While it sounds like there's a lot of shows revolving magic nowadays, and looking like a typical Shounen, Black Clover is kinda promising in a way that you know that the MC is really helpless in a world without magic. (Or is he really?)
    Note: Asta's voice is kinda irritating lol
    Check out the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU7CnetWC3c

3) Inuyashiki: The Last Hero

Plot: Inuyashiki Ichiro is a 58-year old man who is constantly ignored by his family and by society. Learning that he has stomach cancer and three-months to live, he goes to a hill to feel sorry about himself and his life. Suddenly, an extra-terrestrial ship appears and he and a teenage kid are damaged... and given artificial bodies which are human-like yet possess ultra weapons capable of mass destruction.
    Current number of episodes aired: One
    Why I recommend it: It's not always we have an old-aged MC. The first episode really gets to you in a way that if you were in Ichiro's shoes, you'd probably do the same. How he discovers the new body is really cool too, plus he owns a dog (which gave me John Wick vibes). It's amazing how he turns from zero to an unlikely hero. And did I mention the opening song is sung by Man with a Mission?
    Check the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WTMEkcZGV8

And that's all yo~
    I'm out!
    Last edited by ResoluteMenace; Oct 19th '17 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Added trailers/previews
    "There's a hidden darkness in everyone."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Yo, welcome back!

The poster for the first one actually has me intrigued. I don't mind a little romance, either

Second sounds like the typical beginning to a shounen, but I think I've actually heard of the manga, so I'm a bit interested nonetheless.

Third one, however, sounds AWESOME!! It sounds like Breaking Bad mixed with Independence Day and One-Punch Man

Sadly, I don't have any suggestions myself. I don't really stay up to date with new anime. I just see something pop up on MAL that looks interesting, then maybe I watch it. And I go through massive dry spells of not watching anything at times!

- All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain -
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Yo, welcome back!

The poster for the first one actually has me intrigued. I don't mind a little romance, either

Second sounds like the typical beginning to a shounen, but I think I've actually heard of the manga, so I'm a bit interested nonetheless.

Third one, however, sounds AWESOME!! It sounds like Breaking Bad mixed with Independence Day and One-Punch Man

Sadly, I don't have any suggestions myself. I don't really stay up to date with new anime. I just see something pop up on MAL that looks interesting, then maybe I watch it. And I go through massive dry spells of not watching anything at times!
    My busy days are over, so I'll probably hang around here more often again. xD

What I'm interested most about Black Clover is how he'll end up as the Wizard King (if he's really meant for that lol).
    For Inuyashiki, I saw the trailer and was just amazed at how they used the CG for this show. My buddy says expect a lot of events happening to Ichiro and I'm one moment away from reading the manga. lol

Actually with the addition of Shokugeki no Soma S3 and Gintama's Slip Arc, that will be all the shows I'll be watching for this season.
    I still have a lot of pending series to watch, and I'm just 50 episodes from finishing Naruto so I can finally watch Boruto.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by ResoluteMenace View Post
    My busy days are over, so I'll probably hang around here more often again. xD

What I'm interested most about Black Clover is how he'll end up as the Wizard King (if he's really meant for that lol).
    For Inuyashiki, I saw the trailer and was just amazed at how they used the CG for this show. My buddy says expect a lot of events happening to Ichiro and I'm one moment away from reading the manga. lol

Actually with the addition of Shokugeki no Soma S3 and Gintama's Slip Arc, that will be all the shows I'll be watching for this season.
    I still have a lot of pending series to watch, and I'm just 50 episodes from finishing Naruto so I can finally watch Boruto.
    That's great to hear We're glad to have you back.

Haha, maybe he'll travel a very similar path to Luffy
    Hmmm, speaking of, perhaps you could link to trailers for each anime in the opening post? You can just post the links instead of putting them in the video thingy, since a post can only hold two videos.

Jeez, I haven't even started with Shokugeki S2 yet. Actually, I started with the first episode, but all the new names confused the hell out of me.

Hope you didn't watch the fillers for Naruto

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman entertainer

That's great to hear We're glad to have you back.

Haha, maybe he'll travel a very similar path to Luffy
    Hmmm, speaking of, perhaps you could link to trailers for each anime in the opening post? You can just post the links instead of putting them in the video thingy, since a post can only hold two videos.

Jeez, I haven't even started with Shokugeki S2 yet. Actually, I started with the first episode, but all the new names confused the hell out of me.

Hope you didn't watch the fillers for Naruto
    Maybe. : That's a good point. Like no one expected them to do the impossible and yet they've their own legacies.

Sure, I will be doing that right now.

Season 3 has a lot more new names! Hahaha since it's leading to the most important arc.

Oh no, I didn't, I googled for guides on how to watch Naruto Shippuden filler-free and just sticking to the main story.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Quote Originally Posted by ResoluteMenace View Post
    Maybe. : That's a good point. Like no one expected them to do the impossible and yet they've their own legacies.

Sure, I will be doing that right now.

Season 3 has a lot more new names! Hahaha since it's leading to the most important arc.

Oh no, I didn't, I googled for guides on how to watch Naruto Shippuden filler-free and just sticking to the main story.
    Aye, it's possible I have no idea, though.

Cool, will check them out.

Even more? Jeez... It always makes me hungry, though. Dunno if I'll watch that tease fest again.

Haha, my man

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin entertainer

I've heard about Black Clover before and it looks nice. How's the animation? Hopefully not sloppy like One Piece can be

The third one looks really interesting old man kicking ass? Might just give it a watch!
    Think you know about powerscaling?
    Then come to the Tier List Thread and prove it!!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

After watching the trailers, Inuyashiki actually looks like it'll be very deep The concept makes you think it'd go for comedy.

The other two look good, too. I might add them all to my list, and watch them when the seasons finish.

Spoiler!

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Inuarashi View Post
    I've heard about Black Clover before and it looks nice. How's the animation? Hopefully not sloppy like One Piece can be

The third one looks really interesting old man kicking ass? Might just give it a watch!
    From what I've seen, the animation is Black Clover is far more superior than One Piece's. lol

And yeah, that's why I was intrigued with it.

After watching the trailers, Inuyashiki actually looks like it'll be very deep The concept makes you think it'd go for comedy.

The other two look good, too. I might add them all to my list, and watch them when the seasons finish.
    It's kinda dark from what I've seen. Yeah, it's kind of a spoiler but...
    Spoiler!