View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • *

    0 0%
  • **

    0 0%
  • ***

    1 4.55%
  • ****

    10 45.45%
  • *****

    11 50.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    Senior Member ChickenJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    276
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,083
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman engineer


    One Piece Chapter 882 Discussion and 883 Predictions


    "Beyond the expectations of a Yonkou"

    One Piece Chapter 882 Discussion and 883 Predictions

    Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 882 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 883

    Start reading here @ OPB

    Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

    Guess who we're talking about :
    Because XX shows nothing impressive besides being an arrogant-humble idolizer who worships anyone he sees to be cool.

  2. #2
    Senior Member ChickenJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    276
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,083
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman engineer


    Dogtooth can't foresee every move Luffy makes, he's maybe running out of CoO stamina or Luffy's at it again not thinking like when he fought Enel
    Gear 4, finally, let's see Luffy getting wrecked even in his strongest form
    Guess who we're talking about :
    Because XX shows nothing impressive besides being an arrogant-humble idolizer who worships anyone he sees to be cool.

  3. #3
    Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Numa Numa no mi swamp
    Posts
    14,069
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    3,862
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    marksman entertainer


    Really hoping Katakuri handles G4 well, I think it'd be good for the powerscaling. For one thing, Cracker can cut G4 despite it possessing the property of being "both elastic and armored" which Doflamingo had trouble with directly damaging, and Katakuri is said to be stronger than Cracker. That way they hyped him up by talking about how he sat in a chair when he was born had me going haha. I've seen some people say something interesting, if Katakuri's never laid down (hyperbole or not, it's the imagery that counts ) then Luffy can knock him down before getting out of there for a feat. I also liked Katakuri's small talk lol

    Good moment stressing the value of Pedro's sacrifice.

    Vinsmokes always have style. It's starting to look like we have more climax to go and this arc will last longer than thought lol, which, yknow might not be a bad thing if more characters can receive spotlight. Let's just try to keep it from getting too crazy in the chapter count please.

    Spoiler!

  4. #4
    Senior Member ChickenJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    276
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,083
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman engineer


    @AndrewtheAmericanDude how come Rice-face can stop Luffy's hand before he hits Brle but not land a direct hit with his spear ?
    Guess who we're talking about :
    Because XX shows nothing impressive besides being an arrogant-humble idolizer who worships anyone he sees to be cool.

  5. #5
    Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Numa Numa no mi swamp
    Posts
    14,069
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    3,862
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    marksman entertainer


    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenJoe View Post
    @AndrewtheAmericanDude how come Rice-face can stop Luffy's hand before he hits Br�l�e but not land a direct hit with his spear ?
    Looked like just a regular pistol. And to give the typical answer, Luffy is more focused when fighting Katakuri. When fighting someone else strong Luffy would be doing these same dodges, only now he has to also do things like pull his head out of the way last second too-although that's happened before but you get my point He's putting more effort in there

    Spoiler!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Cockycent's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    386
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    3,935
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    It's a candy homie like Cracker's biscuit homies that patrol where Pedro and Brook were. It can cause waves in some way. Looked back at the last 2 chapters and it's consistent, i got hat wrong.

    Kuri is more protective of his fam than his own mother. He should be the leader. His back has never touched the ground lmao ok. Does Luffy get a weapon since mochi man has one? Kuri is still showing off great moves without drawbacks and heavy reliance on outside sources until he turned the floor into mochi. 2 confirmed awakening paramecias now.

    Luffy is defying the almighty Kuri's CoO. Why are people complaining about G4? Luffy used in twice within a hour in Dressrosa. Now he's about to use it for 4th time within 2 days. Adds up to me at least. Does Luffy try out KKG before trying something else? Doubt he'd be allowed space and time to try it. Maybe doing something else. There's no CoA on his arm, so it might not be the same.

    RIP Nut island

    A lot of specs and theories are calling interference incoming. I doubt it. The most is Sun Pirates, Germa 66, and Capone. I don't see a Buster Call, Teach, Shanks or Dragon entering this.

    I love how Tamago is foreshadowing Linlin's L. Chapter should be called "Arrogant Rule". Why is Mont subject to so many Ls? So many major Ls while he's in charge. It might be Mont vs Capone in the end. Nuts Minister is fam and from the meeting. Ministers might really be fam only. First time seeing that afro chick.

    Why does Bege's ship look like it's fit in with Germa's kingdom? Bege doesn't even know who's messing with the slugs, it has to be the Sun Pirates.
    Last edited by Cockycent; Oct 20th '17 at 11:18 AM.
    REJOICE, OP WILL NEVER END


  7. #7
    Gir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Niflheim
    Posts
    5,277
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    1,521
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman chef


    So two awakened paramecias both have the ability to turn their surroundings into the element of their power. Both of those were "I create something from my body" type of paramecia though.
    @SniperKing @AppleCider Ideo mini arc! He seems to have ran into two ships fighting. One castle looking and one steam ship.

    Good to know that there was no BM waterbending BS

    RiP Nuts island indeed! "Aw... nuts." -random pleb on Nuts island when he sees Big Mom approaching with crazy in her eyes

    Amande is the minister of Nuts island. I wonder what will become of it? #amande4nakama
    Bege is off to save his waifu! And the sea detectors had to have been removed by the sun pirates. It's the only logical explanation.

    Monty isn't the brightest of Mama's children is he?

    Everyone is going to Cocoa island! FINALLY! The glory of cocoa shall be known to all Can an arc have two climaxes?
    Last edited by Gir; Oct 20th '17 at 12:20 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member govil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    371
    Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    52
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    swordsman scientist


    good chapter

  9. #9
    Not Infecfecfecfected Jam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    499
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    5,815
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0
    assassin navigator


    I always love when enemies realize they are losing slowly.

    Nice to see Germa on top!!

    Where tf is Smoothie??!

    Fishmen rule the underseas. With that kind of firepower over the ocean, can SH ever lose? Ocean/Ground/Sky all covered up.. The fishmen baited something to eat or scare away the dendens

    This arc is close to completion now. They just need to meet for cake & party
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    363
    Gender
    Male
    Beli
    2,492
    Gold
    0
    EXP
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenJoe View Post
    Dogtooth can't foresee every move Luffy makes, he's maybe running out of CoO stamina or Luffy's at it again not thinking like when he fought Enel
    Gear 4, finally, let's see Luffy getting wrecked even in his strongest form
    Agreed. I always said, Luffy needs to go on the Defense against Kata because Kata can only predict what Luffy's going to do, but he can't predict Luffy's reactions. If Luffy drains his CoO that he seems very reliant on, it would be a much more even match. However, I think G4 will roflstomp Kata. The question is, how long can an exhausted Luffy hold it. One punch? Two?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenJoe View Post
    @AndrewtheAmericanDude how come Rice-face can stop Luffy's hand before he hits Br�l�e but not land a direct hit with his spear ?
    It's because Luffy wasn't paying attention to Kata. When Kata attacks with the spear, Luffy is watching, and proactively dodging. However, when Luffy punched Brulee, Kata sensed it and reacted to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    It's a candy homie like Cracker's biscuit homies that patrol where Pedro and Brook were. It can cause waves in some way. Looked back at the last 2 chapters and it's consistent, i got hat wrong.

    Kuri is more protective of his fam than his own mother. He should be the leader. His back has never touched the ground lmao ok. Does Luffy get a weapon since mochi man has one? Kuri is still showing off great moves without drawbacks and heavy reliance on outside sources until he turned the floor into mochi. 2 confirmed awakening paramecias now.

    Luffy is defying the almighty Kuri's CoO. Why are people complaining about G4? Luffy used in twice within a hour in Dressrosa. Now he's about to use it for 4th time within 2 days. Adds up to me at least. Does Luffy try out KKG before trying something else? Doubt he'd be allowed space and time to try it. Maybe doing something else. There's no CoA on his arm, so it might not be the same.

    RIP Nut island

    A lot of specs and theories are calling interference incoming. I doubt it. The most is Sun Pirates, Germa 66, and Capone. I don't see a Buster Call, Teach, Shanks or Dragon entering this.

    I love how Tamago is foreshadowing Linlin's L. Chapter should be called "Arrogant Rule". Why is Mont subject to so many Ls? So many major Ls while he's in charge. It might be Mont vs Capone in the end. Nuts Minister is fam and from the meeting. Ministers might really be fam only. First time seeing that afro chick.

    Why does Bege's ship look like it's fit in with Germa's kingdom? Bege doesn't even know who's messing with the slugs, it has to be the Sun Pirates.
    He IS the leader. Mama does what she wants, but the one commanding everyone, the one protecting the interests of the BM pirates, the one being a boss, is Katakuri. Leaders don't always have to be the top position.

    It's not about how often he used G4 imo Cocky. I think it's more that he was more exhausted/shriveled than we've ever seen him in this arc, and then when he tried to G4 against BM at the party, he was wiped after one punch. To me, Oda has dedicated time to showing that Luffy is tired going into this fight. I def agree that Luffy is using his CoO to react to Kata's CoO, which is clever. If Kata's CoO has a stamina limit, this will be a more than effective strategy at weakening him.

    Nut Island: 2017-2017

    Yup, looks like the SH Grand Fleet will increase in number by 3 crews. The only other person I could see joining the fray is another Supernova like Urogue. No Yonkos make sense, the revolutionaries don't make sense. I could see the WG, but I don't see them trying to take out BM because they aren't dumb enough to drop a Yonko without having governments in place to take their territory, or it would disrupt the balance of power in the NW. The WG NEEDS BM because she helps keep Kaido, Blackbeard, and Shanks in check. If any one of them weren't a factor, the other three would grow in size and power, possibly rivaling the WG, and the only way the WG can take one of them out is if they were equipped to take up all the size and power potential before the Yonkos do, which I don't think they're prepared to do for Totland.

    The Tamago scene was my favorite scene of the chapter. He's like "the FUCK Mont'dor. You just think all this shit is coincidence? Happenstance? Get your head out of your ass and into the game". If you guys think that Pero is too strong for carrot, can it please be Carrot v. Tamago? :-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    So two awakened paramecias both have the ability to turn their surroundings into the element of their power. Both of those were "I create something from my body" type of paramecia though.

    Everyone is going to Cocoa island! FINALLY! The glory of cocoa shall be known to all Can an arc have two climaxes?
    I don't think they're the same. Kata's fruit is a fruit that turns him into Mochi, like Luffy's turns him into rubber. He is mochi, and that's his power. I honestly believe the ability to produce the mochi is also part of his awakening, because if his power is as similar to Luffy's as Oda is making it sound, he shouldn't be able to do that either.

    Yes, a story, much like my girlfriend, can have multiple climaxes. Climaxes are pegged based on rising events, crests, and resolving events, and while there were resolving events as a consequence of the tea party, the vast majority of the events since then have been rising events. The technical literary term for a crest of rising and resolving events that does not culminate in the true climax of a story is called a TURNING POINT. So the tea party was a turning point for the arc and the true climax has yet to occur, but will likely involve a cake and a cacao island, and a thoroughly punched Katakuri.
    Last edited by Milo; Oct 20th '17 at 03:31 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •