Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman engineer

One Piece Chapter 883 Discussion and 884 Predictions

"Merienda"

One Piece Chapter 883 Discussion and 884 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 883 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 884

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.
    Guess who we're talking about :
    Because XX shows nothing impressive besides being an arrogant-humble idolizer who worships anyone he sees to be cool.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChickenJoe For This Useful Post:

Min  (Oct 28th '17), Overhaul  (Oct 27th '17), usso  (Oct 27th '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman engineer

So Dogtooth's story is just a tale..
    His CoA isn't fake though, he smashed Luffy's hands twice

What could be the thing Luffy discovered, If Riceface loses his temper he can't predict the futur anymore ?
    Also he didn't directly take Luffys KG, so he's definitely not down just yet...
    Or is it that you can't have a strong CoO and CoA at the same time?

The only thing that grind my gears here is that this fight isn't serious at all, Luffy's goofing around (making jokes, blowing on his hands to cool them out, etc) is it part of a strategy like to distract Riceface or is it just Oda mesing around ?
    Also, shouldn't Dogtooth have control over the Mucchi inside Luffy ?

So many quetsions
    Guess who we're talking about :
    Because XX shows nothing impressive besides being an arrogant-humble idolizer who worships anyone he sees to be cool.

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

You guys want to see a 5/5 chapter, because that's what it looks like! Haha yes!

I didn't like Katakuri as much as everyone else. Don't get me wrong, he's cool, but he seemed basic and that uninterested me. But now he has depth! This is so great! And he has a unique facial design to boot! This is how it's done! He has insecurity lol, and now he's more interesting. "the kick connected!" "SO WHAT IF IT CONNECTED!?" this is just the best.

Best chapter this year lol, next to the Pedro ones, and the Sanji cake confirmation-well ok this has been a good year for OP.

Also he has a dope armament technique, this is great. I also laughed hard when he just knocked Luffy out of the G4 transformation. I'd still prefer for him to not lose, or for Luffy to at least show a jump in skill or something, but mostly I'd prefer for him not to be defeated.

Also I saw people say Katakuri looked like Zebra from Toriko when he was first introduced and I didn't see it. Then he was confirmed to have purple hair like Zebra does, and now he actually looks like him! This is great, he doesn't just look like Zoro now, it's sick

Spoiler!

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

solid 5/5

Once again, Luffy is genius in fightiing

so Katakuri is actually sweet lover lo, didnt see that coming.
    and no break next week?
    please Oda, dont switch to other scene next chapter, focus on Luffy vs Katakuri

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

I am very happy to be here so early, so that I can stand in defense of this chapter before hate wave arrives. Atleast I expect it to arrive. Just remember, all of the Luffy's best fights had goofy parts. Mizu Luffy vs. Croco, reveal of G3 and mini-Luffy against Lucci, Enel's face against.... well Enel. All of them were stronger than Luffy at the point of the fight and it was still goofy. This is One Piece we're talking about! Serious fights are strictly reserved for Zoro and sometimes borrowed to Sanji!

So, after all Katakuri didn't really underestimate Luffy but he just wanted to eat. Big Mom's children are just Big Mom's children. The one thing I didn't like about this chapter is Katakuri killing his own crewmembers. Granted, he probably didn't kill any of his siblings but if they saw him.... would he kill even them? I hope not. I really enjoy villains ,or antagonist in this case, that are protective of their crew/family. Moreover, since we now know that "never once has he lied down" is bullcrap, I would guess Perospero has seen him on the ground before.

Hmmm, was it "Block Mochi" or new form of Haki than overpowered Luffy's CoA? Either way, until now I have been saying that Luffy is fine because Cracker's CoA was stronger than Katakuri's and G4 could deal with stronger CoA. Well I am not so sure about that anymore. Either way it seems Luffy figured something out about Katakuri's CoO. I have no idea what it could be though. Only hint I can see in this chapter is anger but if CoO would weaken with anger, wouldn't Luffy already know that? He's angry everytime he fights. It may be specific thing for Katakuri but I think we will be suprised when Luffy reveals it.

All in all great chapter. I have a feeling that a lot of people will complain about it, just remember guys this is One Piece not Dragon ball Z. It just seems that people often forget that and care only about fights (all the complaints about not focusing chapters solely on Luffy vs Katakuri) and power-scaling (the complaints that will surely appear if Luffy beats Katakuri fair and square). However, I might just be underestimating One Piece's fanbase and this chapter will be loved as much as it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewtheAmericanDude View Post
    Best chapter this year lol, next to the Pedro ones, and the Sanji cake confirmation-well ok this has been a good year for OP.
    844 was last year? Even then I would argue that some of the wedding chapters were better than this one. 862 and 863 and especially 865 for example.

Senior Member AndrewtheAmericanDude's Avatar
    Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    marksman entertainer

@Sufu I'm inclined to agree with your overall sentiments. One of the things I love about One Piece is that it knows when to not take itself too seriously. So many other manga would have just had Katakuri be a cool guy, and I was prepared to deal with it, but ironically he showed some humanity and I like him a lot more now. I find One Piece's over the top nature and ridiculousness in some ways more "realistic" or relatable than some edgy series that try to be just that. OP covers the whole spectrum of emotion, and it fleshes its characters out more because of it.

As for the best chapters, 844 was last year but I personally didn't think particularly much of the chapter. I've spoken about it before (so I don't want to bore anyone haha),and I'm not one to be indifferent to a character arc just because Sanji hasn't been fighting much, that's not me, but I wasn't as interested in the themes of that story-until the Sanji baking the cake part of the story tied it all together for me. If you want me to give the whole write up on that I can lol.

The Wedding was definitely great-the start of the wedding chapter would be on my favorites of this year too-I think quite highly of it, but I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter for how classic OP it is. As I said, I wasn't as on board with Katakuri at first but now he feels much more fleshed out and funny and I respect Oda for it. I don't know if my list of favorite chapters this year was something I've really thought about much either lol, at the moment this is just great tho

Spoiler!

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP

@AndrewtheAmericanDude I gotta agree with you. The face and character reveal was just amazing. I was annoyed at how much hate MS got for calling him Dogtooth, but yet who would have guessed that is exactly what was being hidden lol Being justified in my thinking is great.
    His character change when he's by himself is a welcome change. I couldn't help but laugh seeing the result of Brulee's hype.

Katakuri being hit was interesting to me. I think he either can't fully utilize his CoO when concentrating on COA or Luffy just attacks after he dodges in a similar way when he grabs his head to move it out of the way of Katakuri's attack.

Compressing his mochi and hardening it with CoA was cool looking.

1.Soul King Brook
    2.Roronoa Zoro
    3.Dracule Mihawk
    4. Vinsmoke Sanji
    5. Monkey D Luffy

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

"Do I just keep eating to win"...biscuits, cakes, mochi-es... even Luffy have problems with eating...

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman scientist

good chapter

Manga
    Zou
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts entertainer

"Why would I just stand here and wait for your transformation which I KNOW would make you stronger lol?!"

Dogtooth might actually be one of the best characters in the series.

F#cking AMAZING Chapter! (5/5)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast