Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts entertainer

One Piece Chapter 884 Discussion and 885 Predictions

"Who"

One Piece Chapter 884 Discussion and 885 Predictions

Discuss One Piece Manga Chapter 884 here and predict the next chapter, One Piece Manga Chapter 885

Start reading here @ OPB

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
    1 is worst, 5 is best.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Segata For This Useful Post:

Overhaul  (Nov 2nd '17)

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts entertainer

Obviously Luffy will start name calling to disable Katakuri's CoO

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Wheres the polling?

5/5 for me, btw no break next week?
    That strength mochi punch looks powerfull and heavy as hell, look at luffy painful reaction, damn.
    but still, so not only Katakuri that can see the future eh :

too bad Oda change the scene to the cake making scene, but the Chiffon/Lola baby face and Praline singing scene made my day
    Last edited by Gujiss; Nov 2nd '17 at 12:04 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Only Manga
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin scientist

I am very happy with this chapter. Looks like Katakuri's weakness was that he is just not invincible I mean, Luffy told us nothing new, we already knew that Katakuri's real asset is he is a CoO monster and not his mochi.

I really liked how he let Luffy smack talk him for a while and defended and then showed him that he was indeed right about his analysis but that won't help him much.

The Sanji part of the chapter was a little slow but I gotta say I liked that Sanji line and paired with Pudding's reaction I found it funny.
    Didn't care much about Oven, kind of a boring character intro.

As for the last part, well, another day, another Big Mom Pirates plan that goes to shit.
    "There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it."

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Whole Cake Island
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Gujiss View Post
    Wheres the polling?
    It was up before you posted just not the moment thread went up.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    martialarts engineer

So the big question still remains, who will win?

Will it be Luffy, getting his second win in Whole Cake Island against a Yonkou commander, or will it be Katakuri showing Luffy that he has a long way to go before he beats him. Or something else?

It was a good chapter, only interesting part was the Lufy vs Katakuri fight the rest was boring, I just wish Oda was able to focus on a fight instead of cutting out.

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

Great chapter. Love to see this fight actually heating up. The thing is, we know that immense speed can make up for CoO, and now that Luffy understands that Kata isn't just a God at everything, he just relies on his ability to see several seconds into the future. If Luffy had a G4 speed form, this would be the time to bust it out. For example, if Kata can see 5 seconds into the future, but Luffy moves faster than he can process that vision, then it doesn't matter. Also, even with boundman, a move like Culverin could prove effective, because Luffy could react to Kata's reaction to the future. And we can't forget that Kata's ability to split apart around incoming attacks only works for things that go through him, not things that surround him, like Elephant Gun, or King Kong Gun.

I love Kata's compliment to Luffy: "I'm beginning to see how Brother Cracker was done in by you." Luffy's strongest ability is his battle intuition, closely followed by his tenacity. Both will be crucial here. I believe Kata's comment was on the former. Luffy's ability to observe an enemy, to adapt and react in battle.

This is the first time we've seen G4 really have trouble. Cracker was able to block it and penetrate it, but Luffy was still better while he was in that form. With strength mochi, that is a real question. However, I feel like Kata's CoA stamina will be weak, while its power is strong. We'll see what happens, but I feel like there's a reason that he holds off on using CoA all the time, as opposed to people like Cracker and Luffy who incorporate it into every block and every technique. I hope that this really is the last time that either Kata or Luffy underestimates the person that they are up against. But knowing Oda, I feel like the resolution to this will be in chapter 888. A powerup for Luffy still isn't off the table. Either Haki, a new form of G4, or a partial awakening. He needs something because it really doesn't seem like boundman will be enough against a monster like Kata.

Pound and Oven were kind of dumb this chapter, but I think Sanji would be a good match for him. I would love if Sanji took down both Oven and Daifuku (not at the same time of course). Like, he def wouldn't be Yonko Commander level, but he'd be proving to everyone, you wanna touch strawhat, you have two monsters to go through.

Pudding has grown on me, but I still can't get over the way she was introduced to the story. Love the cake-baking in general though.

GUARDING? NOPE! REPORTING? NOPE! Why do those things when a slug can SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGG

PS: Are three of BM's children (Chiffon, Pudding, and Praline) in open rebellion? If so, a merger between the BM Pirates and the Strawhat Grandfleet may not be out of the question at this point.
    Last edited by Milo; Nov 2nd '17 at 01:07 PM.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Zou
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    swordsman

Quote Originally Posted by Derfel View Post
    So the big question still remains, who will win?

Will it be Luffy, getting his second win in Whole Cake Island against a Yonkou commander, or will it be Katakuri showing Luffy that he has a long way to go before he beats him. Or something else?

It was a good chapter, only interesting part was the Lufy vs Katakuri fight the rest was boring, I just wish Oda was able to focus on a fight instead of cutting out.
    This is the first time since Dressrosa that we got a full fight, Duke and Master vs Jack was flashback and broken it to parts with the best parts being described, Inu stopping that trunk swing and Neko flipping him by his trunk was the best parts shown. Luffy vs Cracker was heavy on off-paneling, and most the chapters involving their fight included Nami comedic panels and Brulee

Last chapter the entire chapter was dedicated to Luffy vs Katakuri and a few before, and at least we got 3/4 this chapter showing Luffy vs Katakuri.

I loved this chapter because Oda confirmed most of everyone predictions we can assume that that because Aokiji did the same with Whitebeard, opening up gaps in his body

I said chapters ago Katakuri always physically block when he can’t dodge. He opens up his body because unlike Logia he never fully disconnects only gaps not full separations, Pedro cuts, Jinbe punch, Luffy punch, Capone shots. Ichiji firecracker punch was the only attack that confused me.

However in other scenes when he couldn’t dodge or “see” he always blocked or countered the attack.

When Carrot used electro he made sure she didn’t get close by stepping on her, because no matter how you open up lightning spreads.
    Also he blocked Redhawk, Luffy didn’t see Katakuri, he hit through Perospero’s candy wall, Katakuri didn’t really see Luffy, seemed like an Enel CoO moment to me.

Katakuri also confirmed anger interrupts CoO, maybe this is how Whitebeard lost half his face to Akainu after Ace did. And how Law landed injection shot on Doflamingo after mentioning the will of “D”.

Manga
    Whole Cake Island
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli
    Gold
    EXP
    assassin navigator

5/5

Kata made me gasp

Sanji made me laugh

LOVED this chapter. It's all Observation Haki rocking out huh? Kata is such a beast, tanking hits on purpose!!
    You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you. Ocelot

Beli
    Gold
    EXP

OVEN!!! Finnally freaking OVEN! I guess the Ministers just needed some alone lunch time before doing something, like Katakuri needed. Anyway, Oven has another army with him? Just how large their forces are? Nami and Luffy weakened enraged army, Vinsmokes decimated an army that went after them, Daifuku has an army with him, Katakuri had an army with him, not to mention that most of their forces (I guess) were with Big Mom as a fleet and there is supposed to be another army guarding their borders.

Now, I may be greedy but I need gOda to show me rest of the Ministers. Oven is definitely not enough to face Vinsmokes, Firetank pirates and SH's. Well I guess Daifuku will arrive, since he was after Bege anyways. Smoothie may be the one waiting for them at their borders, since it would be too much if she went to Cacao too. The real question is what will happen to Big Mom after she eats the cake? I would guess she just falls asleep. If she stays awake, we won't be getting any fights because there is nobody to slow down Big Mom and everybody will just have to run.

Katakuri vs Luffy was great this chapter. Luffy is finally landing attacks but I am happy that Katakuri is not another one-shot material (as Cracker was). We need to see King Kong Gun soon. It probably won't take Katakuri down but it may give Luffy a chance to grab Brulee and get the hell out of there and in the same time make sure that Katakuri can't follow him by destroying mirrors.

I will admit I wasn't very huge fan of Pudding's design but she looks so beautiful on the page where Oven is introduced. I guess it's because she has very Nami-like face there but still.

No break? Well there isn't any cliffhanger in this chapter, so I expect one after next chapter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast